Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I love David Carr........

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Yeah, he's got some problems. He's shellshocked....... but the kids tough, there ain't no denying it. I think he has what it takes to overcome his bad habits. With our new coach...... Gary Kubiak(success out the bum with Denver)... Sherman(Yeah, I think he knows how to win), and an offense committed to run the football.......

with our running game beating out chunks of yards, David's going to kill the AFC South, with play action passing, his big arm, and three speedy widerecievers...... two of which are probowlers by the way.

He's been working with our new coach for 3 months now, he's going to have the playbook under his belt by the time the season starts. After a good training camp, and a successfull season, he'll have his mistakes way down... then he can step up front as the leader we thought we drafted back in 2002.

He doesn't make constant mistakes...... he doesn't demand to sit when he's obviously getting his but beat...... when we don't have a chance to win...... no, he's running for first downs, head first trying to get his team back in the game.

I know I gave my boy a hard time the last few months.... & I'm sorry. I had to take extreme measures, to make sure this team didn't draft Reggie Bush....... nothing against Reggie.... but we needed to clean our stadium of that vile crew that cheered our Houston Texans to lose........ the "Bush Bowl" fans.

Now that the Texans are doing the smart thing, and drafting Mario Williams with the #1 overall, I'm done with that.

You mess with David, and your messing with me. He's my boy, and I got his back.

mexican_texan

Furry Tractors
He's a tough mo-fo...toughest QB in the league. He'll get in the fetal position, but he has to protect himself. He's a leader. He's a sex symbol. He just doesn't play too well. Plus, he's an easy target to tease.:cool:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
mexican_texan said:
He's a tough mo-fo...toughest QB in the league. He'll get in the fetal position, but he has to protect himself. He's a leader. He's a sex symbol. He just doesn't play too well. Plus, he's an easy target to tease.:cool:
As long as he throws the ball into the stands before he assumes the fetal position, I'm fine with that.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
LoneStarState said:
Better hope cASSerly drafts OL sometime over the next 2 days...
Casserly's given him a probowl center, and first day picks at LT, RG, and LG........ I think we'll be good...... real good.

As soon as we teach carr what a hot route is(now that we have three guys to run them) he'll be phenominal......... he'll make Weary look like a starter.

thunderkyss said:
Yeah, he's got some problems. He's shellshocked....... but the kids tough, there ain't no denying it. I think he has what it takes to overcome his bad habits. With our new coach...... Gary Kubiak(success out the bum with Denver)... Sherman(Yeah, I think he knows how to win), and an offense committed to run the football.......

with our running game beating out chunks of yards, David's going to kill the AFC South, with play action passing, his big arm, and three speedy widerecievers...... two of which are probowlers by the way.

He's been working with our new coach for 3 months now, he's going to have the playbook under his belt by the time the season starts. After a good training camp, and a successfull season, he'll have his mistakes way down... then he can step up front as the leader we thought we drafted back in 2002.

He doesn't make constant mistakes...... he doesn't demand to sit when he's obviously getting his but beat...... when we don't have a chance to win...... no, he's running for first downs, head first trying to get his team back in the game.

I know I gave my boy a hard time the last few months.... & I'm sorry. I had to take extreme measures, to make sure this team didn't draft Reggie Bush....... nothing against Reggie.... but we needed to clean our stadium of that vile crew that cheered our Houston Texans to lose........ the "Bush Bowl" fans.

Now that the Texans are doing the smart thing, and drafting Mario Williams with the #1 overall, I'm done with that.

I AM WITH YOU!!!!!!!!:yahoo:

Dolby

Noob
Don't forget Mario being a Carr's good friend. There is nothing quite as sweet as the defense giving good field advantage to the offense. MARIO CARR.......Varooom!!!! Great Draft so far.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
LoneStarState said:
Better hope cASSerly drafts OL sometime over the next 2 days...

done

Dolby said:
Don't forget Mario being a Carr's good friend. There is nothing quite as sweet as the defense giving good field advantage to the offense. MARIO CARR.......Varooom!!!! Great Draft so far.

Same for DD.... he's a threat to take it to the house from the 50 in.

mancunian

Old Timer
Dolby said:

Its a lot easier starting drives inside the opponents 30 rather than your own.

TheCD

Rookie
I think David Carr will be a premier QB in the league. I've been watching him for four years and don't see anything that would cause us to get rid of him. I was anti-Young from the beginning and I will always hold to that. I think Young will be good, but he wouldn't have worked for us. The only thing he brings to the table that Carr didn't is the FEAR of his running. It's a little known fact that Carr was 2nd in the league last year, and 3rd in the league the year before that in QB rushing yardage.

Carr's got legs...our secret is that no one knows it!

mancunian

Old Timer
TheCD said:
I think David Carr will be a premier QB in the league. I've been watching him for four years and don't see anything that would cause us to get rid of him. I was anti-Young from the beginning and I will always hold to that. I think Young will be good, but he wouldn't have worked for us. The only thing he brings to the table that Carr didn't is the FEAR of his running. It's a little known fact that Carr was 2nd in the league last year, and 3rd in the league the year before that in QB rushing yardage.

Carr's got legs...our secret is that no one knows it!
oh bugger ....they do now:redtowel:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Just wanted to add to this......... WE've got Flanagan, and Eric Winston to help beef up the line.........

Carr is going to be a lot of guys favorite QB come Sunday.... so pick him up now for your fantasy team.

I can't wait till madden 2007, so I can get a David Carr with vision....... where he can see the whole field, without turning his head.

Texas

Veteran
With the line that were building and the targets we have on offense...We will be a real threat!

gerardo5566

Practice Squad
thats bull**** carr aint **** and yall know this i dont know why yall people defend hin so much.hes a pretty boy,that isnt good period.hes not a leader.hes been out for four years and he aint done nothing,and yall still believe in him,come on guys quit ****ting yourselfs,david carr sucks.

gerardo5566

Practice Squad
come on guys why are yall protecting our sorry *** players especially carr.im just saying the truth,i hope the texans lose every game this season.if they didnt care about what the fans wanted why should we even care about our team?mario williams may be good but you DO NOT pass up a great qb or great rb period.so **** the texans,they just lost alot of fans.

S

SESupergenius

ok Let's get right into it.

Carr got little help in this draft. I would have thought that since we signed Weaver that we would address the offense, be it by selecting a Heisman trophy winning running back or the top LT prospect in the league. Mario Williams seems fine and truly our defense was in shambles so if he's all he's cracked up to be (the next Julius Peppers) then great, but why then did we need to get Weaver whom seems nothing greater than DJ, Payne or Robaire? It now seems that the Texans wasted the FA cash on Weaver. Did we get Kalu just for show? Babin and Peek might as well be shown the door because they hardly fit anywhere now, once again cash gone down the tubes. Don't get me wrong, Williams may be a good player, I just don't agree with the structure of our team.

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
SESupergenius said:

Carr got little help in this draft. I would have thought that since we signed Weaver that we would address the offense, be it by selecting a Heisman trophy winning running back or the top LT prospect in the league. Mario Williams seems fine and truly our defense was in shambles so if he's all he's cracked up to be (the next Julius Peppers) then great, but why then did we need to get Weaver whom seems nothing greater than DJ, Payne or Robaire? It now seems that the Texans wasted the FA cash on Weaver. Did we get Kalu just for show? Babin and Peek might as well be shown the door because they hardly fit anywhere now, once again cash gone down the tubes. Don't get me wrong, Williams may be a good player, I just don't agree with the structure of our team.
Did anyone think that Kalu was guaranteed a roster spot? I do not and based on Kubiak being about competition I am sure that expectations were set. Weaver is another story as is what we do with Payne, Babin, Peek and Deloach.

S

SESupergenius

Kalu started 8 games last year, so yea I thought at least he was a high potential to be a starter and spell Babin or Peek. IT seems that we are overloading concentrations of this offeason on a few positions.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
Thunder, is the alcohol from this weekends draft still in your system?:)

Good post. I don't love him and have problems with him but hope he rebounds. The pressure is on.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
SESupergenius said:

We signed a FB, a #1 (probowl)reciever, a ProBowl Center, a pass catching tightend, and brought back the best set of hands on the team(Armstrong). We still have Mathis(who is faster than Reggie), DD who has proven to be productive, even on a bad team.

WE're pretty loaded on offense right now, and may very well be the offensive powerhouse of the AFC.... Talent wise right now, I say we have got to be in the top four/five teams in the AFC.

Defensively, there are alot of ifs, but if they all fall right, we can make a huge jump in our NFL ranking, and be in the top 10. Looks like Kubiak is pretty committed to stopping the run, making teams one dimensional. That already gives our secondary a big advantage. The pass rush he's picked up in the draft, puts them over the top....... expect to see alot of turnovers go our way.

SESupergenius said:
Kalu started 8 games last year, so yea I thought at least he was a high potential to be a starter and spell Babin or Peek. IT seems that we are overloading concentrations of this offeason on a few positions.
There is nothing wrong with being deep at defensive end....... keeps the energy level up in the 4th quarter.

HoustonFrog said:
Thunder, is the alcohol from this weekends draft still in your system?:)
'lil bit.......... but that's a good thing.

SA Fan

Noob
I'm keeping my reservations about the new offense until the end of the season.

What I'd like to see is Carr throw the ball out of bounds instead of taking the sack, and stop staring directly at the receiver he's intending to throw it too.

If he can learn to avoid sacks and fake out the safety, he's the QB For me.

Dude's gotta be the toughest QB ever to break sack records and be the top sacked QB for four years and spend less than 10(?) games on the DL.

W

whiskeyrbl

thunderkyss said:
Just wanted to add to this......... WE've got Flanagan, and Eric Winston to help beef up the line.........

Carr is going to be a lot of guys favorite QB come Sunday.... so pick him up now for your fantasy team.

I can't wait till madden 2007, so I can get a David Carr with vision....... where he can see the whole field, without turning his head.
If your talking beef, better put Spencer in there at 6'4 352, just a BIG man!!!

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
whiskeyrbl said:
If your talking beef, better put Spencer in there at 6'4 352, just a BIG man!!!
I think Spencer will ultimately be the answer at LT..... fingers crossed. But this guy is a project, probably better to go slow with him. I hear Kubiak feels good about Wand. He'll more than likely start.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
thunderkyss said:

Its kinda hard to figure you out TK, seems like you tend to waffle a little now and then.

Example, from another of your posts:

See what I mean.......
I hope Joey get's a chance to start for Miami...... But that won't mean much, because Miami is a better team than the Texans..... just like that rag tag of guys in Detroit was a much better team than the Texans.

I've never seen Joey curl up and wait on a sack. I've never seen Joey run out of bounds behind the L.O.S.

I much prefer Joey throwing the ball up, and letting his reciever make plays on the ball. Doing what they are getting paid to do. Instead of taking a sack.

Yeah, that might be an interception........ then again, that might be a touchdown.

I'm not too sure how this was an "anti draft Bush" take on Carr.

:coffee:

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
SESupergenius said:

Kubiak wants to build competition on the practice field so it can translate to the game field.

TEXANRED

Texan-American
thunderkyss said:

We finaly agree on somthing!

Here's to beating the snot out of the AFC south!:yahoo: :redtowel: :superman:

TEXANRED

Texan-American
El Tejano said:
Kubiak wants to build competition on the practice field so it can translate to the game field.
Weaver is your run stopping DE and Williams is your Pass rusher.

bigTEXan8

Rookie
I think this could be a defining year for the Texans. Got a good feeling about it. Weaver I think will be great in helping the Texans stop the run, which they could have desperately used last season. Kalu, TJ will emerge big, Smith and Payne will go back to DT, which will seriously help. I'm really looking forward to this year.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
cuppacoffee said:
Its kinda hard to figure you out TK, seems like you tend to waffle a little now and then.

Example, from another of your posts:

See what I mean.......
I hope Joey get's a chance to start for Miami...... But that won't mean much, because Miami is a better team than the Texans..... just like that rag tag of guys in Detroit was a much better team than the Texans.

I've never seen Joey curl up and wait on a sack. I've never seen Joey run out of bounds behind the L.O.S.

I much prefer Joey throwing the ball up, and letting his reciever make plays on the ball. Doing what they are getting paid to do. Instead of taking a sack.

Yeah, that might be an interception........ then again, that might be a touchdown.

I'm not too sure how this was an "anti draft Bush" take on Carr.

If I'm not mistaken, that was from a Joey Harrington in Miami thread..... I think I posted to it this morning. That thread had nothing to do with Bush. I honestly think Harrington can be a good QB in this league.

People knock on him, while defending Carr, sighting that Detroit had a better team(can you believe that??) and so Joey had a better opportunity to succeed.

I think I was also in draft Vince mode at the time....... which was my "if we are going to waste a pick anyway" anti Bush tactic.

I still don't think David Carr will ever be elite, but I also agree you don't need to be elite to win superbowls, and that a good run game + 2 #1 WRs, can make just about anyone look elite.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
thunderkyss said:
If I'm not mistaken, that was from a Joey Harrington in Miami thread..... I think I posted to it this morning. That thread had nothing to do with Bush. I honestly think Harrington can be a good QB in this league.

People knock on him, while defending Carr, sighting that Detroit had a better team(can you believe that??) and so Joey had a better opportunity to succeed.

I think I was also in draft Vince mode at the time....... which was my "if we are going to waste a pick anyway" anti Bush tactic.

I still don't think David Carr will ever be elite, but I also agree you don't need to be elite to win superbowls, and that a good run game + 2 #1 WRs, can make just about anyone look elite.

I was questioning your new 'take' on Carr:

It seemed obvious that you were referring to Carr in your Harrington descripton, thats all.

Glad you are back on Carrs bandwagon.

I was born and raised in PA/Groves.

Lived there till I was 21, (many years ago).

I understand what the air/water pollution from the plants can do to a persons thought process. Been there done that.:D :redtowel:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
cuppacoffee said:
[/I]
I was questioning your new 'take' on Carr:

It seemed obvious that you were referring to Carr in your Harrington descripton, thats all.

Glad you are back on Carrs bandwagon.

I was born and raised in PA/Groves.

Lived there till I was 21, (many years ago).

I understand what the air/water pollution from the plants can do to a persons thought process. Been there done that.:D :redtowel:

haha....... no, nothing like that..... I've only got ten toes.... the water's fine... at least that's what they tell us.

I've realized, that I can't lay off the Carr bashing cold turkey....... I'm weaning myself off as we speak.

TEXANRED

Texan-American
thunderkyss said:
haha....... no, nothing like that..... I've only got ten toes.... the water's fine... at least that's what they tell us.

I've realized, that I can't lay off the Carr bashing cold turkey....... I'm weaning myself off as we speak.
There is a ten step progam...........
It will be O.K.
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
thunderkyss said:

Most of our players are not all-pros but they are ours and I will defend them, guess that makes me a :homer:

I am so very convinced that 90% of our problems was the god-awful coaching staff we had.

The argument that the team played well the year previous to our 2-14 just shows me that it took awhile for that group to coach the players down from their previous teams, be it college or pro.

Don't try to win it, just keep it close. :deadhorse

I wasn't on the Kubiak bandwagon at first but I'm coming around.

Great offseason signings and great draft. I wanted Bush, but we didn't take him so its time to move along and support Mario.

TEXANRED

Texan-American
thunderkyss said:

Yea, I brought a dead thread back. Just wanted everyone to see that Tkyss really likes Carr.

Remember, if you mess with Carr your messing with Tkyss. :) :hides:

This is David's year everyone, stand back and watch the show, he has been given the tool's to make him sucessfull....hopefully Domanick gets healthy, but if he don't I'm sure Kubiak has plans with the other backs we have...Also having Mike Sherman here is a blessing as well for the team..:highfive:

GP

Go Texans!
thunderkyss said:

Thunderkyss thinks David Carr is going to be the schizz.

mefool3030

Practice Squad
I think everyone here is too optimistic. Before everyone starts labeling Carr as the toughest and by far best QB in his division, let him actually prove something first. Same with the O-Line. Wait until the real season starts before claiming the Texans are a real threat. Most teams that were the worst team in the league do not make an immediate turnaround, but maybe the Texans will. I'm guessing a 7 win season.

bayoudreamn

Rookie
"he'll make Weary look like a starter"

Tk...you said this. When you said it, I would have agreed with you. Just another of example of Kubes being VERY unpredictable....Fred may very well start this year.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
bayoudreamn said:
"he'll make Weary look like a starter"

Tk...you said this. When you said it, I would have agreed with you. Just another of example of Kubes being VERY unpredictable....Fred may very well start this year.
I've thought highly of Weary for the last few years, but the Capers offense featured Herman Munster type linemen over athletic guys. I mentioned better coaching early in this year and a 2004 comment will back me up (for the noobs) on the fact that I always thought Weary could play.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
cuppacoffee said:
I am so very convinced that 90% of our problems was the god-awful coaching staff we had.
This is my story and I'm sticking to it. :cowboy1:

Go Carr Go! :redtowel: