Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

i say it loud

JMAC

Practice Squad
mario williams is going to be nothing compared to reggie bush, i know the game is under way and its naive to judge after 3 quarters, but everybody can see that bush gonna be special, and mario did nothing, man we have no pass rush, u gonna blame me for hatin and so on, but you all know that was one of the worst draft decicions ever....you gonna hate on me now, but after 5 games, there will be numerous threads of this kind, and all the mario supporters who got warm with him after the draft will switch back to their initial pick...and we all know most of us wanted bush...ps. i never said mario is a bust...

NJTexanFan

Practice Squad
OMG i totally agree with you, he hasn't done anything at all during the preseason and now through this game i was upset at the pick at first but then he grew on me but now Reggie Bush is the better pick, after seeing the running in this game, things aren't looking to good

JMAC

Practice Squad
he will make plays against anybody...mario didnt pressure the quarterback for 5 straight games, not on a single play...

Sportsfan

Rookie
I agree. Its still hard for me to stomach what the Texans did on draft day. Biggest mistake in NFL draft history.

JMAC

Practice Squad
the main problem is even if mario gets 10 sacks this season, bush will still outshine him in stats and impact, even 10 years from now bushs worst season will be better than marios best, i see it coming...we cant escape the comparison, it will haunt us...

JMAC

Practice Squad
nobody is defending mario, reality struck sooner than i thought, and that cleveland d excuse is crap...

JMAC

Practice Squad
would you argue the same way if mario got 3 sacks against the cards??? man you take what you get and im sure a better d wont bother reggie much, he will put up big numbers,

gg no re

iggnorent
JMAC said:
would you argue the same way if mario got 3 sacks against the cards??? man you take what you get and im sure a better d wont bother reggie much, he will put up big numbers,
I'd say that it would be expected of Mario to put up respectable numbers against a sub-par team, just as it was expected of Reggie to put up respectable numbers against a sub-par team.

Don't hop off Reggie's balls and jump to a conclusion about what you think I would say.

If you want me to jump to a conclusion, here's one. I feel Reggie ball-grabbers won't shut up until the Carolina game.

JMAC

Practice Squad
yeah and i feel, a decade from now, there will be no argue...and there is no ball-grabbin, he just that good...

bigtex77

Waterboy
JMAC said:
yeah and i feel, a decade from now, there will be no argue...and there is no ball-grabbin, he just that good...

Reggie is much better than you grammar, thats for sure.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
I never wanted Reggie and I still don't want Reggie.

If the Texans' had drafted Reggie, I'd be all behind him and cheering him on. But they didn't and so I'm not. I don't expect Reggie Bush to ever win a championship. I don't think that his game is going to translate into the pros.

The Texans drafted Mario and that's who I'm cheering for... but I'm not so unrealistic to think that he's going to step onto the field and be a monster. He's a rookie. It's going to take time. The value of picking Mario shouldn't be judged after one game or even one season. We're building for the future with this pick and the future isn't now.... it's later.

Frankly, I don't understand why a fan would go back and say "we shoulda drafted this guy" or "we shoulda drafted that guy". Screw that, cheer for the guys we've got. And I don't understand how you can look at one game and say "See, I told ya so" because at this point, nothing has been proven either way.

bigtex77

Waterboy
The Pencil Neck said:
I never wanted Reggie and I still don't want Reggie.

If the Texans' had drafted Reggie, I'd be all behind him and cheering him on. But they didn't and so I'm not. I don't expect Reggie Bush to ever win a championship. I don't think that his game is going to translate into the pros.

The Texans drafted Mario and that's who I'm cheering for... but I'm not so unrealistic to think that he's going to step onto the field and be a monster. He's a rookie. It's going to take time. The value of picking Mario shouldn't be judged after one game or even one season. We're building for the future with this pick and the future isn't now.... it's later.

Frankly, I don't understand why a fan would go back and say "we shoulda drafted this guy" or "we shoulda drafted that guy". Screw that, cheer for the guys we've got. And I don't understand how you can look at one game and say "See, I told ya so" because at this point, nothing has been proven either way.
We must share some brain waves because this is exactly how I feel, very well put.