Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2007 Texans Schedule and Predictions (Part 2)!

How many wins will the Texans get in 2007?

• Four or Less

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Five

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Six

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Seven

Votes: 18 11.0%
  • Eight

Votes: 53 32.5%
  • Nine

Votes: 50 30.7%
  • Ten

Votes: 18 11.0%
  • Eleven

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Twelve or More

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TexansLucky13

53d Signal Batt
Our Houston Texans 2007 Schedule (not in correct order, obviously)

Home Games:

Colts
Jags
Titans
Saints
Bucs
Broncos
Chiefs

Away Games:

Colts
Jags
Titans
Panthers
Falcons
Chargers
Raiders

The other 2 games (one of which will be a home game) will be against the Fins and the Browns.

So tell me what your predictions are. If you remember, I did the same poll midway through the season, and I am making a complete chart of the MB predictions for next year. By the start of next season I will have an in-depth analysis of the Texans MB's view on the schedule and our chances for 2007.

My Prediction: 9-7

:thumbup

Beer and Metal

Buzzed Cacophony
I'm thinking we're about six players away from .500.
With the draft and FA, I think we can do that or better.

I'm gonna agree with you: 9-7

5stringJeff

Practice Squad
I erred on the side of marking losses in games I think will be close.

Home Games:

Colts - L
Jags - W
Titans - W
Saints - W
Bucs - W
Broncos - L
Chiefs - L

Away Games:

Colts - L
Jags - L
Titans - W
Panthers - L
Falcons - L
Chargers - L
Raiders - W

Fins (probably in Houston) - L
Browns (probably in Cleveland) - W

My slightly pessimistic prediction: 7-9. However, I think we could reasonably beat Miami, Atlanta, and Indy (once). So optimistically I think we could be as good as 10-6. I did vote for seven wins, though.

moses77550

Practice Squad
Home Games:

Colts-L
Jags- W
Titans-W
Saints-W
Bucs-W
Broncos-W
Chiefs-L

Away Games:

Colts-W
Jags-L
Titans-L
Panthers-L
Falcons-W
Chargers-L
Raiders-W
Cleveland-w
Fins- w

The other 2 games (one of which will be a home game) will be against the Fins and the Browns.

10-6........I strongly feel we can do this...:homer:

TexanFan881

All Pro
Home Games:

Colts W
Jags W
Titans W
Saints L
Bucs W
Broncos W
Chiefs L
Dolphins W

Away Games:

Colts L
Jags L
Titans L
Panthers W
Falcons W
Chargers L
Raiders W
Browns W

I see 8-8, but after looking at what I picked I said 10-6. I'd be surprised if we were that good (not to be pessimistic or anything). 8-8, I'd be happy with that. And, unlike in years past, I think we can win all of these games.

NEROtheZERO

Waterboy
I'm not trying to predict anything until around preseason but based on what I expected from Kubiak when we brought him in - 6-10 first season, 8-8 second season, playoffs third season - I feel like we are right on track.

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
I put 8-8. The schedule on paper looks easier than last year, but that could obviously change. I think we could go 9-7, maybe even 10-6, but I think 8-8 is probably more reasonable. Depending on who the QB is and what other changes we make in the offseason, we could be contending for a playoff spot next year.

TexansLucky13

53d Signal Batt
Well mostly everyone seems to foresee us getting our first winning season or 8-8 next year. I voted 7-9 for the 2006 season, so I was one win off. I seriously believe we can grab the 9-7 next year, but if not hopefully we can get the tie at 8 wins!

:texflag:

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
I said 10-6. I don't care about the schedule. At this point, we don't know who's going to be good or who's going to be bad.

But this past year, we were competitive in most of our games and we won some ugly games. I think we're going to improve on both sides of the ball. I expect another good draft from Kubiak & Co. I expect them to be active in free agency and pick up a few good players. I expect EVERY position to be thrown open to competition this year. So, I expect us to be winners next year.

So, let's go 10-6.

At least, until we get a better idea of which teams are going to get better and which teams are going to get worse.

Bronco Texan

Waterboy
I voted 10-6. Not as of what I think we will do. I don't have a clue what we will do, but I think we have the potential to squeak out a 10-6 season next year. I think the main reason will be our defense. I think our defense will surprise alot of people next year. I do think we will need a pretty decent running game to cover up for our QB situation next year, whatever that maybe. That being said I think we are a Peterson/Lynch or Alex Gibbs away from being a top running team. Now if we can get both a Peterson/Lynch and Gibbs(even for a part time gig) I think we will have a winning season no doubt.

I think our division is very winnable next year. I think the Jags are the new gate keepers to the AFC South cellar. Also there are already rumors starting up that the Colts maybe revamping their FO/coaching staff if they have another early exit from the playoffs this year. That being said I think it is the Titans/Texans turn on top of the South. Believe it or not I think our two franchises have the most stability to them now. So hopefully this time next year we are talking about how we beat out the Titans for the division.

gtexan02

Working?
You people are dilusional.

Home Games:

Colts-L (The title was christmas miracle. No way we beat them next year)
Jags- W (We play them well)
Titans-W (We'll split)
Saints-L (Much better team than we are, may b superbowl bound)
Bucs-W (Problems)
Broncos-L (Cutler will be good next year, definite loss)
Chiefs-L (Can't handle their O)

Away Games:

Colts-L (Colts away = loss)
Jags-L (I bet we split this time)
Titans-L (We'll split ehre again)
Panthers-L (Better team than us)
Falcons-L (They'll be good w/new coach)
Chargers-L (Best team in NFL, guaranteed L)
Raiders-W (Worst team in NFL, guaranteed W)
Cleveland-w (See above)
Fins- w (Who knows, but their D is OLD)

6-10 again

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
I think you're overvaluating the tallent on this football team once again. Third year in a row. At least you're persistant.

6-10...if we're lucky and hit a few picks this year.

swtbound07

Jackass of Day!
7-9. I feel in reality this season we were probably a 4-12 to 5-11 team that got extremely lucky to win when it did. I think next season we will be a legit 6-10 to 7-9 team. We are one more season away from .500 i think.

Please_Evolve

Waterboy
this is kind of like going all in without seeing your cards. Gut shot says 8-8 but i'll reserve the right to call when i see the effects of a full offseason.

Am I the only one thinking 16-0?...........

Actually I predict 9-7 cuz i feel we can improve a couple games, as long as we get a solid run game and a better defense.

R

real

I think we can win 9 games next year...

I think thats a pretty realistic number given the direction of our team...The only thing that may alter that is QB play, whoever thats gonna be...

hobie

All Pro
Way too early to even speculate.... OL needs help, DB's need help, QB needs help, need a better kicking game, way too many holes to fill to even think of a winning record. Sure, there were close games, ones they could have won, but some they could have lost as well, so 6 wins tis year is what it is, and I don't see anything NOW that can make me think that a better record is going to happen yet. FA, and the draft will make things clearer in a few months..

I just like the fact they won 6 games this season, and are not the laughing stock anymore, 1 year was bad enough, I want to enjoy the 6 wins they got this year before I start thinking of next season.

beerlover

Hall of Fame

Home Games:

Colts
Jags
Titans
Saints
Bucs
Broncos
Chiefs

Away Games:

Colts
Jags
Titans
Panthers
Falcons
Chargers
Raiders

So tell me what your predictions are
split division = 3 W
split home non-division = 2 W
split away non-division = 2 W
split browns/fins = 1W

record 8-8

TexanFanInCC

Veteran

Home Games:

Colts
Jags
Titans
Saints
Bucs
Broncos
Chiefs

Away Games:

Colts
Jags
Titans
Panthers
Falcons
Chargers
Raiders

So tell me what your predictions are. If you remember, I did the same poll midway through the season, and I am making a complete chart of the MB predictions for next year. By the start of next season I will have an in-depth analysis of the Texans MB's view on the schedule and our chances for 2007.

realistically, we could win 13 of these games except maybe the chargers on the road, colts on the road, and maybe new orleans at home. factoring in injuries and a few bad games of beating ourselves, 9 wins is very viable. of course im assuming we improve our team in the offseason with some free agents and a few rookie gems on defense. this is also factoring in a new QB. i think we could probably win 2 more games with just another QB and no other additions, but it will be interesting to see how the draft goes and who our starting QB for next season will be.

kfranco_utexas

Waterboy
You people are dilusional.

Home Games:

Colts-L (The title was christmas miracle. No way we beat them next year)
Jags- W (We play them well)
Titans-W (We'll split)
Saints-L (Much better team than we are, may b superbowl bound)
Bucs-W (Problems)
Broncos-L (Cutler will be good next year, definite loss)
Chiefs-L (Can't handle their O)

Away Games:

Colts-L (Colts away = loss)
Jags-L (I bet we split this time)
Titans-L (We'll split ehre again)
Panthers-L (Better team than us)
Falcons-L (They'll be good w/new coach)
Chargers-L (Best team in NFL, guaranteed L)
Raiders-W (Worst team in NFL, guaranteed W)
Cleveland-w (See above)
Fins- w (Who knows, but their D is OLD)

6-10 again

same here. great assessment.

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
Realistically...lol "don't bogart that %^&*( my friend. pass it over to me. " Pure PRAIRIE League. 1978 I believe.

Let us know the next time you're having a party.

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
realistically, we could win 13 of these games except maybe the chargers on the road, colts on the road, and maybe new orleans at home. .

factoring in injuries and a few bad games of beating ourselves, 9 wins is very viable.[ /QUOTE]

of course im assuming we improve our team in the offseason with some free agents and a few rookie gems on defense.

this is also factoring in a new QB. i think ......
I'll try once agian to throw some water on this. I love homers...but at this point in time this is How I see it.

1. You don't know who the QB will be. The cap hit says Carr. But going with your assuming...it's not. They Pick one in the draft....which shoots your deffensive tallent down a rung if you take one in the first...or you bring in some outside help. Either way, your trimming dollars off the cap number we have which is being guessed at this time at 10 to 13.5 million. And that number is to sign your FAs, Draft choices and the other FAs from other teams.

2. We have holes at OLT, DT, CB, QB, Free Saftey. And they could realy use an upgrade at the other end. Can we agree that the Peek/Babin end we got is kinda...under producing ? We have the cap room for one expensive free agent, Samuels or Clements. What is a top five CB being paid in the NFL this year ? I don't know but Clemments just turned that "number" preposed, stone cold flat down btw, by the Bills. And it was so far out that the Bills and Clements have stated that it would be pointless to continue negotiations. It ain't going to be cheap to fix Petie.

3. So you've fixed the QB & CB. Spent how much of your 13.5 million ? Now you've only got four holes and money to marginally fix one of them with a FA. Maybe... you're down to three holes by the draft.

4. All Day falls to you at the eight. Or you Take Troy "Tater Tot" Smith as your QB for the future, because your FA QB is on the wrong side of thirty.

Now where is you're DT, OLT, bookend DE and Free saftey coming from ? Cap money is spent....Got the money to sign your draft choices. Maybe.

THE reality of the Texans situation...we're in cap hell because of poor choices of the prior regieme. I'm all for feeling good after a stuggeling campain, but this is where the a lot of the viscousness on the board comes from. Fanning unrealistic flames for under achieving, low grade tallent. We are what we are. A ball club struggeling with cap problems. In '08 we might have enough room to make a play at going to the play offs. Anyone tells you anything different...it's Alice-in-wonderland stuff. :marionaner:

And assumption is the mother of all foul ups. See Dominic Davis/Williams.

No reason the Texans can't have their first winning season. With a less injury-riddled team and major offensive improvements, the team will be much more competitive. The Texans had some ugly wins, but they also had some narrow losses, so I expect that to finally balance out. Basically what it comes down to is that I expect them to fare much better against the NFC South next year than they did against the NFC East this year.

coachdent

Waterboy
I think the Texans' schedule is going to be tougher next year. Having said that, it is waaaaay to early to try figure out how many wins we get next year. Free agency, draft and what we do with the Carr situation will dramatically change the face of this franchise.

Having said that, I know we will be improved. I also know that we will address our weaknesses effectively. Looking back at this season, depsite our woes, there were three games that we definitely left in the garage. The Tennessee game at home should have been a win. Boneheaded blitz seals the loss there. The Giants game was right there until my boy Jamel puts one on the carpet. The Buffalo game was obviously a win that coulda, shoulda woulda. Secondary went painfully south early on and heartbreaking end. Having said that, a 6-10 season all of the sudden becomes 9-7.

Next year we rectify those problems in those games with better personel, and better coaching decisions. Instead of losing all three, we win two. 8-8 would be a realistic goal. Difficult to see anything better than that with all of the question marks at important positions...namely the quarterback.

ChrisG

Road Fan
HOPEFULLY:

Home Games:

Colts - L
Jags - W
Titans - W
Saints - L
Bucs - W
Broncos - L
Chiefs -L

Away Games:

Colts - L
Jags - W
Titans - W
Panthers - L
Falcons - L
Chargers - L
Raiders - W

Dolphins - W
Browns - W

8-8

if we keep Carr 2-14 :stirpot: LMAO, jk

rafterticket

Waterboy

Home Games:

Colts
Jags
Titans
Saints
Bucs
Broncos
Chiefs

Away Games:

Colts
Jags
Titans
Panthers
Falcons
Chargers
Raiders

Hey, it's January. We have no idea what the roster will be. So why be conservative? Until this gets revisited in April/May,

16-0!

TexansSB07

Waterboy
we went 6-10 and lost 4 games we SHOULD have won (Buffalo, Giants & both Titans games).

I think we win 11 games, make playoffs and depending on how AFC does next year make 1st round win:marionaner:

Wharton

Rookie
Colts - Split - While I think we have a good formula to beat the Colts next year. It will still be real hard to beat the Colts at home
Jags - Split - This team has a real identity crisis at QB but this years sweep was a fluke.
Titans - Losses - This is an up & coming team which will have a greatly improved defense next year.
Saints - Loss - too many offensive weapons for our young defense. This one could get ugly.
Bucs - Win - This is a very old team in transition to youth. It'll take a couple more years to complete the transition.
Broncos - Loss - A young team that almost made the playoffs.
Chiefs - Loss - I'm picking this one as a loss, but this could be an upset. While this team is in the playoffs this year, they are looking weaker and weaker every year. Also, I have no faith in Herm Edwards.
Dolphins - Win - Starting QB will be Joey H. need I say more.
Panthers - Loss - This is a good team who had a rough year this year. They will bounce back.
Falcons - Loss - New coach, new enthusiasm.
Chargers - Loss - No explanation needed
Raiders - Win - No explanation needed
Browns - Win - No explanation needed

We still have a ton of hole on both defense and offense. Particularly, both safety positions, Sam, both DT (though I like Maddox) and DE (Weaver is old and I expected more out of MW), OL across the board, running back and QB.

Basically, we have 2 LB, 1 CB, 2 WR, 1 TE.

Given our lack of talent, of all the mistakes this team has made over the life of this organization, the worst was actually using our very first pick. Forget that we took DC. We need players in the worst way back then and it’s still our Achilles Heel.

Reasonable estimate is 6-7 wins next year. Optimistic estimate is 8 wins.

SamuraiSword

Waterboy
Colts - Split - While I think we have a good formula to beat the Colts next year. It will still be real hard to beat the Colts at home
Jags - Split - This team has a real identity crisis at QB but this years sweep was a fluke.
Titans - Losses - This is an up & coming team which will have a greatly improved defense next year.
Saints - Loss - too many offensive weapons for our young defense. This one could get ugly.
Bucs - Win - This is a very old team in transition to youth. It'll take a couple more years to complete the transition.
Broncos - Loss - A young team that almost made the playoffs.
Chiefs - Loss - I'm picking this one as a loss, but this could be an upset. While this team is in the playoffs this year, they are looking weaker and weaker every year. Also, I have no faith in Herm Edwards.
Dolphins - Win - Starting QB will be Joey H. need I say more.
Panthers - Loss - This is a good team who had a rough year this year. They will bounce back.
Falcons - Loss - New coach, new enthusiasm.
Chargers - Loss - No explanation needed
Raiders - Win - No explanation needed
Browns - Win - No explanation needed

We still have a ton of hole on both defense and offense. Particularly, both safety positions, Sam, both DT (though I like Maddox) and DE (Weaver is old and I expected more out of MW), OL across the board, running back and QB.

Basically, we have 2 LB, 1 CB, 2 WR, 1 TE.

Given our lack of talent, of all the mistakes this team has made over the life of this organization, the worst was actually using our very first pick. Forget that we took DC. We need players in the worst way back then and it’s still our Achilles Heel.

Reasonable estimate is 6-7 wins next year. Optimistic estimate is 8 wins.
I am too lazy to come up with something like that so I agree with your post. :D

HoustonFan

Veteran
Home Games:

Colts - W
Jags - W
Titans - W
Saints - L
Bucs -W
Broncos - L
Chiefs - W

Away Games:

Colts -L (Split)
Jags -L (Split)
Titans -L (Split)
Panthers -W
Falcons -W
Chargers-L
Raiders-W
Cleveland-W
Fins- W

I don't know why but it seems like I have them winning more on the road next season to close out 9-7. Ending this season w/ the win could be a big confidence booster for next season. AFC South will be a dog fight, but we split w/ all teams next year - yes even w/ the Colts.

Kadillac

Practice Squad
It's really early to start predictions...not even out of the playoffs yet, but I will, but keep in mind they'll change by preseason.

I think there's a bit too much wishful thinking on this forum. We may have a talented offense, but the defense is a trainwreck. At this moment, anything above 8-8 is wishful thinking, anything at or below 6-10 is pessimistic.

Home Games:

Colts - L (It was such a fluke that we won. Defense will improve.)
Jaguars - W (They're done for the next 4 years. Need QB.)
Titans - L (VY is insane. He wins games single-handedly.)
Saints - L (Super Bowl team. Duh.)
Buccaneers -W (Old team, no QB, off years. We'll win this one.)
Broncos - L (Cutler is a beast. Lots of passing yards.)
Chiefs - W (This team is old, only quality player is Larry Johnson.)

Away Games:

Colts - L (Read Home Colts Game.)
Jaguars - W (Read Home Jaguars game.)
Titans -L (Read Home Titans game.)
Panthers -W (Delhomme may be gone, no RB, no D, no QB. We'll win.)
Falcons -W (Mike Vick is NOT a game winner. They lost to the Browns. We'll win.)
Chargers-L (Best team in football. Easy loss. Especially at Qualcomm.)
Raiders - W (They'll be just as bad because Brady Quinn will start as a rookie.)
Cleveland - L (Honestly, Cleveland is a great roster team who was hit unbelievable by injuries. They'll be a breakout in 07.
Dolphins - W (Even with a new coach, they've got no QB, no RB, should I go on?)

7-9. Sorry guys. It's the truth.

J-Storm

Waterboy
I will go with 8-8 till they finally hit it.
I can't help but agree. Until we have an O-Line that protect any QB back there (whether that is DC next season or not is not the relevant point here) we will never get our attack on track. And unfortunately the reality is that you have to score more points than the other team to win...

TexanFanInCC

Veteran
I'll try once agian to throw some water on this. I love homers...but at this point in time this is How I see it.

1. You don't know who the QB will be. The cap hit says Carr. But going with your assuming...it's not. They Pick one in the draft....which shoots your deffensive tallent down a rung if you take one in the first...or you bring in some outside help. Either way, your trimming dollars off the cap number we have which is being guessed at this time at 10 to 13.5 million. And that number is to sign your FAs, Draft choices and the other FAs from other teams.

2. We have holes at OLT, DT, CB, QB, Free Saftey. And they could realy use an upgrade at the other end. Can we agree that the Peek/Babin end we got is kinda...under producing ? We have the cap room for one expensive free agent, Samuels or Clements. What is a top five CB being paid in the NFL this year ? I don't know but Clemments just turned that "number" preposed, stone cold flat down btw, by the Bills. And it was so far out that the Bills and Clements have stated that it would be pointless to continue negotiations. It ain't going to be cheap to fix Petie.

3. So you've fixed the QB & CB. Spent how much of your 13.5 million ? Now you've only got four holes and money to marginally fix one of them with a FA. Maybe... you're down to three holes by the draft.

4. All Day falls to you at the eight. Or you Take Troy "Tater Tot" Smith as your QB for the future, because your FA QB is on the wrong side of thirty.

Now where is you're DT, OLT, bookend DE and Free saftey coming from ? Cap money is spent....Got the money to sign your draft choices. Maybe.

THE reality of the Texans situation...we're in cap hell because of poor choices of the prior regieme. I'm all for feeling good after a stuggeling campain, but this is where the a lot of the viscousness on the board comes from. Fanning unrealistic flames for under achieving, low grade tallent. We are what we are. A ball club struggeling with cap problems. In '08 we might have enough room to make a play at going to the play offs. Anyone tells you anything different...it's Alice-in-wonderland stuff. :marionaner:

And assumption is the mother of all foul ups. See Dominic Davis/Williams.

im not really being overly optimistic. yes i am a big homer, but if we were able to beat the colts (road or home) then you are capable of beating alot of teams. besides, we werent "blown out" in many games this season. we coulda easily been 8-8 if we finish the win vs the bills and the titans at home. of course they are ifs, but this team is capable of competing with anyone except the ones i named.

GNTLEWOLF

Rookie
Unless this team addresses the o-line, defensive backs, and running backs, This schedule will put us at about 3 wins and 13 losses.

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
12-4 next year with a 1st round bye.

Carr will be gone. Sage steps in. Spencer comes back. Davis retires. We pick up a CB/LB/P/K in FA. We take Peterson and pick up a C, T and FS in the first 4 rounds.

12-4 is what I forecasted year two would look like when we brought in Kubiak and I feel that we are a couple of key acquisitions and a couple of breaks away from getting something that this franchise has never experienced, momentum.