Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Official 2007 Houston Texans Predictions Thread...

Luv_ya_blue

Truth, Love, Faith & Obedience - Christianity 101
Ok, I know that there are probably eleventy-thousand-million threads that are angled to predictions for the upcoming season. But here's one more.

I'm a visual person so I decided to make this thread this way.

So what are your predictions for the

:texflag: 2007 Houston Texans Season :texflag:

=====================================================

So how do you see things playing out???

=====================================================

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
9-7...we sweep the Jags and Titans, split with the Colts (there's 5 wins already). We get the other four wins against Oakland, Miami, Carolina, and Cleveland.

A man can dream, can't he? :texflag:

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Two-thirds of the NFL had record changes in 2006 of 3 or more games from their 2005 records. 5 of the remainder were playoff teams hovering at a high level. The NFL is a lot more fluid than folks predict every year.

kiwitexansfan

Hall of Fame
This year I’m calling for 9 & 7
Wins:
KC, ATL., MIA., titans, Raiders, Browns, Tampa, Colts & Jags

Losses:
Colts, Chargers, Saints, titans, Denver, Panthers and Jags.

With 10 & 6 a real possibility. If we can sweep the titans or beat Carolina.
You know looking at the teams that you have us down as beating, 9-7 is actually looking pretty realistic..

How about 9-7 and just out of the playoffs.

Heath Shuler

SPEED KILLS
You know looking at the teams that you have us down as beating, 9-7 is actually looking pretty realistic..

How about 9-7 and just out of the playoffs.
yea, I dont think 9 & 7 will get us in; but it will be nice to be in the mix this year and make a serious playoff run in 08.

Il_Bruno

Waterboy
I hate looking like a grumpy old pessimist here but for some reason i think our record will be 7-9. 9-7 is a real possibility and 10-6 is a long shot, if all the bounces and luck goes our way, but i think we're still a year away from a winning record. The team play will dramatically improve but they'll drop a couple games they should win because of their youth (maybe one to the titans or even the browns...) and theyll suprise someone like the saints or maybe even the chargers.

if we go 10-6 that will be incredible, but i dont think we're a 10-6 team talent-wise yet. I dont think we'll be a "true" 10-6 team until next year or the year after.

heres to hoping im dead wrong :texflag:

Hagar

Drink up yall, its the Texans!
Kansas City______W_____1-0____KC is in disarray, strong RB, no QB
@ Carolina_______L_____1-1____This is a good team, last year was a fluke
Indianapolis______W_____2-1____Ron Dayne has an overpowing performance again.
@ Atlanta_______W_____3-1____Vick still suspended from Dog Fighting charges
Miami___________W_____4-1____T.Green is still struggling to grasp the offense
@ Jacksonville____L______4-2____M. Jones Drew has a breakout game
Tennessee_______L_____4-3_____Haunted by VY's home town heroics
@ San Diego______L_____4-4____Just too good
@ Oakland_______W_____5-4____Its Oakland for crying out loud, we better beat them
Bye
New Orleans______L_____5-5_____Just too strong, too many weapons
@ Cleveland______W____6-5_____See Oakland comment
@ Tennessee_____L_____6-6_____Tenn. poor off-season catches up with them
Tampa Bay_______W_____7-6_____Too old, too slow.
Denver__________L______7-7_____Teacher conducts class
@ Indianapolis____L_____7-8______SB Champs at home. Enough said.
Jacksonville______W_____8-8_____Texans curse plagues the Jags.

Second Honeymoon

Hall of Fame
Kansas City______W_____1-0____No Green, No Problem
@ Carolina_______W_____2-0____Panthers infected with Carr disease
Indianapolis______W_____3-0____Mario ends Peyton's season
@ Atlanta_______W_____4-0____Schaub v Shockley..advantage Texans
Miami___________W_____5-0____Green becomes 2nd QB casualty of Texans
@ Jacksonville____W_____6-0____Byron Sandwich
Tennessee_______W_____7-0_____What the hell is a VY?
@ San Diego_____W_____8-0____LT is overrated
@ Oakland_______W_____9-0____Russell makes Raider Fan pine for the days of Marinovich
Bye
New Orleans______W_____10-0____Reggie still on IR with the highly resistant Kardashian strain of syphillis
@ Cleveland______W____11-0_____Is Brady Quinn gay?
@ Tennessee_____W_____12-0____Tennessee still looking for their first win
Tampa Bay_______W_____13-0____Green eclipses 1,500 all-purpose yards
Denver__________W______14-0____When I left you I was but a learner, now I am the master
@ Indianapolis____W_____15-0_____The Colts eliminated from playoff contention
Jacksonville______W_____16-0_____Viva La Schaub

ledzeppelin229

Hall of Fame
Kansas City______W_____1-0____No Green, No Problem
@ Carolina_______W_____2-0____Panthers infected with Carr disease
Indianapolis______W_____3-0____Mario ends Peyton's season
@ Atlanta_______W_____4-0____Schaub v Shockley..advantage Texans
Miami___________W_____5-0____Green becomes 2nd QB casualty of Texans
@ Jacksonville____W_____6-0____Byron Sandwich
Tennessee_______W_____7-0_____What the hell is a VY?
@ San Diego_____W_____8-0____LT is overrated
@ Oakland_______W_____9-0____Russell makes Raider Fan pine for the days of Marinovich
Bye
New Orleans______W_____10-0____Reggie still on IR with the highly resistant Kardashian strain of syphillis
@ Cleveland______W____11-0_____Is Brady Quinn gay?
@ Tennessee_____W_____12-0____Tennessee still looking for their first win
Tampa Bay_______W_____13-0____Green eclipses 1,500 all-purpose yards
Denver__________W______14-0____When I left you I was but a learner, now I am the master
@ Indianapolis____W_____15-0_____The Colts eliminated from playoff contention
Jacksonville______W_____16-0_____Viva La Schaub
Can I smoke that or does it have to be administered intravenously?

Malloy

Hall of Fame
Hehe, as much as I love Second Honeymoons take on the season (yes, I spilled my coffee yet again), I myself will chose the overly positive but somewhat realistic (it's subjective, I can say what I want) 12-4 season.

Honestly I'm just thrilled by having someone not named Carr behind center :)

swtbound07

Jackass of Day!
Here is how i see it breaking down...before im mobbed, remember i was pretty damn close last year.

7-9. This just isn't the year folks....we need one more.

Schaub- somewhere in the neighborhood of 2900 yards passing, 14 tds, 11 ints.

Second Honeymoon

Hall of Fame
Can I smoke that or does it have to be administered intravenously?

either/or...FWIW if I was a betting man I would put my money on 8 wins or less. Since I am not, I think we could go 11-5 if all our pieces fall into place. We have a young OL, young WR corps, young QB, with quality and depth at RB. We have a young defense that is DEFINITELY on the upswing. I think the opening game against KC is the most important game in the history of our franchise. Winning is contagious and we just need a little taste and a little confidence. Hopefully we keep the momentum that our locker room earned at the end of the season.

I think one advantage that is over looked is that we play the NFC south and our new QB spent 3 years there learning his former division’s defenses. That to me is a large positive.

He has a good idea of what to expect from them so I think this gives us an edge against those four teams. Carolina being the odd one there due to them having Carr to give them in site to our defense. I feel we go 2 – 2 maybe 3-1 here.

The AFC west games will be interesting. I think we are not in San Diego’s league and Denver will be close but no win. I think we go 2-2 in these four games.

That leaves 6 games in our division and two strength of Schedule games. I feel in our division we can go 4 – 6 no less than 3-3.

As for the last two games, Miami is a win and the browns questionable but I count as a win. So 2 – 0

So if we add that up then I predict best case 11 - 5 season, and worst case 7 – 9.

I feel that we will have the first winning record this year for the franchise of 8 – 8 or better.

Personally I am going with a realistic goal of 9 wins with potential for more.

Second Honeymoon

Hall of Fame
I think one advantage that is over looked is that we play the NFC south and our new QB spent 3 years there learning his former division’s defenses. That to me is a large positive.

He has a good idea of what to expect from them so I think this gives us an edge against those four teams. Carolina being the odd one there due to them having Carr to give them in site to our defense. I feel we go 2 – 2 maybe 3-1 here.

The AFC west games will be interesting. I think we are not in San Diego’s league and Denver will be close but no win. I think we go 2-2 in these four games.

That leaves 6 games in our division and two strength of Schedule games. I feel in our division we can go 4 – 6 no less than 3-3.

As for the last two games, Miami is a win and the browns questionable but I count as a win. So 2 – 0

So if we add that up then I predict best case 11 - 5 season, and worst case 7 – 9.

I feel that we will have the first winning record this year for the franchise of 8 – 8 or better.

Very insightful. Had yet to consider that.

Specnatz

Hall of Fame

:laughjump:

dskillz

Waterboy
The day the schedule came out I predicted 10-6 with my friends.

Part of me is sliding back that prediction to 9-7, but I am going to stick with it. 10-6 it is. I think team will take us for granted and end up getting surprised.

I know a few people who work with the team and they say they feel a new, positive feeling at Reliant these days. There seems to be a new feeling of confidence in the air. I am thinking it will carry on to the field in the regular season.

BigBull17

Hall of Fame

I think if Carr gives them insight to our defense, we got a win for sure. I would worry if it was a QB who could accedentally read a D, but not braindead

badboy

Hall of Fame
I hate looking like a grumpy old pessimist here but for some reason i think our record will be 7-9. 9-7 is a real possibility and 10-6 is a long shot, if all the bounces and luck goes our way, but i think we're still a year away from a winning record. The team play will dramatically improve but they'll drop a couple games they should win because of their youth (maybe one to the titans or even the browns...) and theyll suprise someone like the saints or maybe even the chargers.

if we go 10-6 that will be incredible, but i dont think we're a 10-6 team talent-wise yet. I dont think we'll be a "true" 10-6 team until next year or the year after.

heres to hoping im dead wrong :texflag:
I see 7-9 also, but think Jags and Colts sweep us. I am more interested this year in player development to see what we have and better play from all. If players develop as expected, 2008 will bring us a CB, a free safety, a left tackle and a wide receiver. With the exception of Spencer, I do not think any of the other positions mentioned offer a long term answer in any player currently on roster.

TK_Gamer

Veteran
either/or...FWIW if I was a betting man I would put my money on 8 wins or less. Since I am not, I think we could go 11-5 if all our pieces fall into place. We have a young OL, young WR corps, young QB, with quality and depth at RB. We have a young defense that is DEFINITELY on the upswing. I think the opening game against KC is the most important game in the history of our franchise. Winning is contagious and we just need a little taste and a little confidence. Hopefully we keep the momentum that our locker room earned at the end of the season.
I'm not sold on the whole "good start" theory, I don't buy into the momentum Idea either. Momentum is important only one time really during the season, the end, going into the playoffs. We've all seen teams win big games against the best in the league, and turn around an lose to the basement team. The Oilers were kinda known for that. I see us doing about the same thing we did last year, start kinda slow and improve down the stretch. I think the big difference will be we maybe win some of the close ones, and play better at home. Wich could ammount to 4 -5 more wins. so 8-8 worst case, 10-6 best case. If we get lucky at the beginning and come together down the stretch, who knows, I would take a little luck this year, no problem.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I'm not sold on the whole "good start" theory, I don't buy into the momentum Idea either. Momentum is important only one time really during the season, the end, going into the playoffs. We've all seen teams win big games against the best in the league, and turn around an lose to the basement team. The Oilers were kinda known for that. I see us doing about the same thing we did last year, start kinda slow and improve down the stretch. I think the big difference will be we maybe win some of the close ones, and play better at home. Wich could ammount to 4 -5 more wins. so 8-8 worst case, 10-6 best case. If we get lucky at the beginning and come together down the stretch, who knows, I would take a little luck this year, no problem.
I think a strong start will lock players into the mind set they can run with the big dogs even if they are not first to the fox.

Here is how i see it breaking down...before im mobbed, remember i was pretty damn close last year.

7-9. This just isn't the year folks....we need one more.

Schaub- somewhere in the neighborhood of 2900 yards passing, 14 tds, 11 ints.
Such a lukewarm prediction doesn't exactly stir the pot. Don't wait up for the angry mob.

I'll post the one I like:

5 - 11. The Texans look strong at first, and have lots of close wins throughout the season, but can't make things right. Glaring weaknesses in the passing game and the defensive secondary are attacked by opposing teams. Tops one win after the bye week.

Second Honeymoon

Hall of Fame
I hear what you are saying. I am just saying that winning the opening game could really give the team more confidence and set things up nicely for success.

I totally agree that the Texans need to learn how to close out games and that they need to stop following up good performances with bad ones.

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
I hear what you are saying. I am just saying that winning the opening game could really give the team more confidence and set things up nicely for success.
I agree and I think KC is setting themselves up nicely for us to put a whoopin on them.

I totally agree that the Texans need to learn how to close out games and that they need to stop following up good performances with bad ones.
I agree again, but not only to put games away but to hand out some blowouts too. I mean, have we ever put a beaten on a team from start to finish? I don't think so. The playing not to lose mentality has to go.:wild:

sixfour

Waterboy
Last year I said 8-8. This year i'll go with the same, 8-8.
Every other victory will be icing on the playoff cake!