Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dallas Watch Party

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
Anybody planning to gather in the DFW area to watch the Texans/Cowboys game this weekend?

I remember once reading that some gathered at the Wing Housde in Arlington. Is that still the case?

Hmmm... I don't remember the Ker's wing House thing, but I think there are enough us around these parts to find a spot at least once during the 16 week season.

I agree, and I'm thinking that Arlington or the HEB area might be the best place to find a place to meet.

But we need to figure out where everybody is in the DFW.

I'm by the airport so, getting anywhere in the metroplex is fairly easy for me.

I agree, and I'm thinking that Arlington or the HEB area might be the best place to find a place to meet.

But we need to figure out where everybody is in the DFW.

I'm by the airport so, getting anywhere in the metroplex is fairly easy for me.

I am in South Arlington (I can spit to Mansfield), but easy access to 360. Honestly, the Wing House thing would be ~15 to 20 minutes for me, especailly on a Sunday. Not as good as my 5 mintes trip to No Frills, but far from a hassle.

I'm in Flower Mound just north of DFW. So I'm fairly central as well.

But my wife and I have a 20 year old ritual of curling up together on Sundays and watching the games all day together. So, I wouldn't be a regular but I might show up once or twice just to say "howdy."

This year is going to be kinda strange. We're apparently going to 4 games this year: 3 Texans and 1 Cowboy. We're definitely going to the Colts/Texans in Houston, Texans/Chargers, and Eagles/Cowboys games and possibly to the Texans/Colts game in Indy.

IF anybody knows of more Texans fans in the DFW area could you please send them a message to come to this thread, please.

Thanks in advance.

Man, I'm glad I found this thread. I was wondering. I just moved up from Sugar Land to the Wylie area - NE Dallas (currently in corporate housing). I'm SO in if a place is figured out.

I have no clue of any place in the area, so if one is decided on - I'll do my best to find it and make it out for future games this season... and beyond.

I wish I had seen this for the Cowboys game! Yeah, I moved to Dallas two years ago from Houston. I'm in Carrollton right now, we're about to buy a house in Frisco in December. I usually go places in Addison to watch the games, let me know if there are any more watch parties, I'm there! I get the Ticket every year just to catch the Houston games, otherwise I'm at Big Johnson's for the Kobe Burgers and cheap drinks, or Buffalo Joes (the manager let's me out the Houston game on the big screen as long as it's not on as the same time as the Cowgirls).

reddevil63 said back in March, that a cousin of Petey Faggins own Ker's Wing House franchise in Arlington at I-30 and Collins, they show EVERY Texans games there..I am now in Mesquite just north of I-30, I think most of you can make it there..sent a message to Reddevil63 asking if they still meet there. I think will call the place and see if still a Texans hangout

:fans:

reddevil63 said back in March, that a cousin of Petey Faggins own Ker's Wing House franchise in Arlington at I-30 and Collins, they show EVERY Texans games there..I am now in Mesquite just north of I-30, I think most of you can make it there..sent a message to Reddevil63 asking if they still meet there. I think will call the place and see if still a Texans hangout

Score-age! Thanks for the info, I'll send the PM now.

Rep your way!!

TexansSB07 has done some leg work for us and the came up with this.

Ker's Winghouse @ I-30 & Collins address is 944 E Copeland Rd 817-548-9464, they said just ask will put Texans game on TV for us to watch. We just need to know who wants to meet there September 9th for game. I will be there to watch, who else from Dallas/Fort Worth/Arlington/ Frisco/Mesquite/Keller wants to be there.

So who's going to be there?

Dude! In!

Edit - well, I typed that in all caps for effect, but you'll just have to imagine the all caps. Assuming everyone is in for this place - it's a pretty good hike from where I'm at now, but I'll give it a try at least once. Game's at noon, everyone be there (or wherever) by 11?

Oh, is it family friendly?

Dude! In!

Edit - well, I typed that in all caps for effect, but you'll just have to imagine the all caps. Assuming everyone is in for this place - it's a pretty good hike from where I'm at now, but I'll give it a try at least once. Game's at noon, everyone be there (or wherever) by 11?

Oh, is it family friendly?

OZ is a sports bar of sorts think Hooters but a little classier, so kids should be no problem...you and I traveling a bit, me in Mesquite you up in Wylie

9/09/07 11am Winghouse I-30 & Collins Wearing our Texans finery. You know went to a place off 635 and met some Houston Texans fans, people came up for Cowboys game last year. maybe next year preseason Cowgirls vs Best in Texas, we will have enough by that time to host a meeting of Dallas area Houston Texans fans and Texans fans from Houston :splits: :splits:

I won't be able to make this one. I probably won't make one until later in the season.

Thats fine, I'd like to make this an every game thing if possible; but I can certainly understand if people can't make it every week (not even sure I'll be able to with work and such).

Now we need to get the word out!! I started a thread at the offical message board. Please feel free to tell any and all Texans fans you can in the DFW area, or anywhere else for that mater.

Anychance we can get this "stickied" like the rest of the watch parth threads?

I'll be there. Rockin a new Schaub jersey that I just got at the Allen outlet mall.

I might be going. Have no Texan gear though. I outgrew them. I need to buy some news ones.

Reebok Outlets in Allen and Terrell have an ok selection, can go to Sulphur Springs Outlet Mall or Corsicana Outlet Mall. they have a lee/wrangler/vanity fair outlet store. That is where get most of my Texans stuff, is a lot cheaper and can get it due to a large amount of Cowgirls fans:splits:

So what time should we paln to meet? I was thinkning that anytime between 11 and 11:30; but since it's week 1 should it be earlier?

Also I'm said to report I might not make it this week, betwwen familiy and job obligations...but well see.

On a Sunday morning I would think 20 minutes at most. The Winghouse we are planning on meeting at is at 30 and Colins (ie, 6 flags/Ballpark area)

I'm there with family in tow about 11:30. Better be some other fans there as I'm making the hike across Dallas to meet y'all. As noted above, I'll be in a Schaub steel blue jersey with a gorgeous woman on my arm and her younger twin close behind.

Click on my link below if you wanna get fired up for the game. Just like being at the stadium for player intros.

I will be there barring something crazy in the next couple of hours. I look somewhat like a bearded, real life version of my avatar, and will have a generic Texans shirt on. My wife traveled this week for work, but will join us off and on if this becomes regular.

I'm good, at the office currently (last minute crap). I'll be the long-ish haired dude in the white Texans tee.

Good meeting some of ya. I'm bad with names, so it may take me a few times - but I had some fun. Hope to see y'all again next game and possibly we can recruit a few more.

Indeed, a good time was had by all.

And we expect to see the rest of you slackers out next week. It was a good atmosphere, a bunch of fans of several teams all watching their team's games. You always knew when something happened by the little pockets of cheering that erupted through out the afternoon.

I enjoyed not being the only Texans' fan stuck in the corner, so the more the merrier.

As for the location, I don't have a problem moving around or finding something better for the larger group.

I will probably be dropping my wife off at DFW and then heading to wherever the watch party is. Grapevine or Irving would be great for me... but I'm game for pretty much wherever it is.

If we want to keep this at Ker's Winghouse, the only four Dallas locations are as follows:

WingHouse of Bedford
1833 Airport Freeway
Bedford, TX 76021
817-354-9464

Winghouse of Arlington
944 E. Copeland Road
Arlington, TX 76011
817-548-9464

WingHouse of Dallas
10310 Lombardy Ln.
Dallas, TX 75220
214-580-1452

WingHouse of Addison
4080 Beltline Rd.
Addison, TX 75001
(972) 716-9464

I would rule out Bedford as it is further west then Arlington. Addison would work but that's a bigger hike for those west of DFW. So Arlington or Dallas (which is really Irving). Here's a working link :D to the Dallas location:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...ate=TX&zipcode=75220&country=US&cid=lfmaplink

The only other sports bars that I know of are all in Dallas proper (ie Greenville Ave) and the northern burbs (Lewisville and Plano and the like).

I'm open for either location (in truth I'm open for all) and if we stay in Arlington Ozzo, I'll get your first round to help off set the gas cost.

Hoth - you're funny.... but hey, I'll take you up on the first round wherever we go.

:shots:

Just a suggestion, I vote Dallas location this go around (at least to see what everyone thinks) and if majority prefer Arlington, we'll head back 3rd game. Addison would be too far for you Westeners.

Whatcha think? I'll go with the group, I'm just glad I found the cheering section.

Back