Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Chronicle reporting Schaub hurting, probably out vs Raiders

nunusguy

Hall of Fame
"I didn't see the hit, but if it was dirty, maybe we should have a dirty hit on their quarterback and all chip in to pay the fine. We just don't have that mentality, and maybe we should get it. It is old school. And that's how football should be played."
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5256370.html
N.D. Kalu has the right idea, even though Kubiak says the team doesn't or shouldn't play that way.
It's really like the countrys policy on torturing terrorists. Of course you don't do it, officially. But off the record, in reality you do what you need to do.

Schaub's teammates are frustrated by what has happened the past two weeks to their quarterback. He was knocked out against the Tennessee Titans and San Diego Chargers by illegal hits.

"Guys are coming after us. We need to come after them a little more," defensive end N.D. Kalu said. "It's almost like we're too nice out there.

Then do something about it!!!

Ya think?!?!

Then do something about it!!!

Ya think?!?!

Well .... we'd have to get an interception or fumble first .

i guess we could blitz a db but it could only be Dunta . The way the others hit it would'nt be a cheap shot cause I don't think they'd knock Rivers down .

Of course by getting even , we would'nt get the sportsmanship award . :heart:

Here's an old-school idea....

Send D-Rob on a CB blitz the same way the Steelers used to send Rod Woodsonagainst the Oilers. Moon would always get knocked senseless and our passing game would suffer.

....or Kalu could have just taken a shot at Rivers back when he had the chance.

I am not concerned about the retaliation for the Schaub hit because in the course of a return there is a lot of stuff going on and most players didn't see it as it happened.

This is what I am concern with:

Gary Kubiak Can't Say Conc..., Concuss..., Describes Matt Schaub as 'Dinged'

Chronicle calls it a concussion. Kubiak won't characterize it.

If you can't trust them to be straightforward about this, what sort of injury will they be straightforward with? Is there a medical privacy reason for not revealing this?

I am not concerned about the retaliation for the Schaub hit because in the course of a return there is a lot of stuff going on and most players didn't see it as it happened.

If you can't trust them to be straightforward about this, what sort of injury will they be straightforward with? Is there a medical privacy reason for not revealing this?

I'm about 99.9% sure that part of the NFLPA deal waives medical privacy. Our team just seems to play games with announcing injuries.

It may sound wrong...but I would have sent N.D. or Shantee or one of these backup DEs that can generate some speed to come off the edge and late hit blind side Rivers right in the earhole. Then I would have had my DE walk over to the San Diego sideline and start pointing at Florence while bouncing and shaking his head up and down. Then I would have my whole defense start jumping on him and congratulating him, almost as if our defense had gotten an interception or recovered a fumble. Mass celebration: chest bumping and high fives all around. Probably would have resulted in an ejection, but nobody would have missed that message, I can tell you that.

My read on the unwillingness to use the C word is, once you label a player as having had a concussion, they come under intense scrutiny about being able to play.

I know many of you have been frustrated by lack of forthcoming on the part of the Texans, but I think this one may fall in a different category.

There is so much pressure now about head injuries from the press and the league, I wonder if the Texans are trying to avoid the "concussion" label.

I'm not trying to defend the stance necessarily - just explain it.

Is culpepper still starting for the Raiders...and do they still have an OL that rivals ours as the worst in the league. I think our players are getting pissed off and are going to come after Oakland. Our team is getting embarassed out there and I can tell our players are starting to get really upset.

I don't know if we win against oakland...I sure hope so. But I think our team players with more of a fire than it has. That in itself is a moral victory.

And I agree with TC on this...after Schaub threw the interception, all our players were looking for the ball/guy...I don't think our guys saw Schaub get hit like that because he was behind everybody...If they did I would think they would have started a HUGE fight. I almost wish we would have had a big brawl and I don't normally promote fighting. It would have built some team commraderie (sp?)

Isn't Shanny the weasel always shady on his injuries as well? The apple doesn't fall far from the tree?

I've never gotten the mindgames these folks play with injury reports.

Even if that were true (players reacting to the interception returner and not seeing the initial hit on Schaub), I am sure that the hit was shown on the replay and certainly coaches up in the box saw it and could relay it down to the field...

s0102082.JPG

The Stay Puft Marshmellow Man, thinks we are too soft....!!

Even if that were true (players reacting to the interception returner and not seeing the initial hit on Schaub), I am sure that the hit was shown on the replay and certainly coaches up in the box saw it and could relay it down to the field...

I am sure that in SD they wouldn't replay a hit on the QB in the stadium. They followed the ball carrier.

Even after the game, Kubiak said he wanted to look at the tape.

Stuff on the field looks different than when you are watching the game on TV. That's why I always TiVO games that I was at, unless I goon and forget.

I am sure that in SD they wouldn't replay a hit on the QB in the stadium. They followed the ball carrier.

Even after the game, Kubiak said he wanted to look at the tape.

Stuff on the field looks different than when you are watching the game on TV. That's why I always TiVO games that I was at, unless I goon and forget.

Of course Kubiak wanted to look at the tape after the game - thats as cliche as Craig Biggio saying "we wanted to do this 'for the fans'" - but dont think for a second that the coaches in the box, didnt see it and I know that someone on the sideline saw it...

If anything, the television softens the blow compared to at field level.

Of course Kubiak wanted to look at the tape after the game - thats as cliche as Craig Biggio saying "we wanted to do this 'for the fans'" - but dont think for a second that the coaches in the box, didnt see it and I know that someone on the sideline saw it...

If anything, the television softens the blow compared to at field level.

Yeah, but at the field level, I am guess you can't see the hit to Schaub unless you happened to be looking not at where the ball is.

I think on the official injury report, Kubiak is listing Schaub's injury as a "bobo".

Best thing for bobos are cartoon bandages. Maybe a Care Bear bandage would be a good one as we are in need of some sunshine. I am guessing Ahman goes for the Batman bandage.

It may sound wrong...but I would have sent N.D. or Shantee or one of these backup DEs that can generate some speed to come off the edge and late hit blind side Rivers right in the earhole. Then I would have had my DE walk over to the San Diego sideline and start pointing at Florence while bouncing and shaking his head up and down. Then I would have my whole defense start jumping on him and congratulating him, almost as if our defense had gotten an interception or recovered a fumble. Mass celebration: chest bumping and high fives all around. Probably would have resulted in an ejection, but nobody would have missed that message, I can tell you that.
Nah, I want Kalu to go to middle of the field, reach straight up like he is going for a microphone and shout "Mister Kennedy!" Then he repeats it while Mario stands to one side and looks angry (of course someone will have to help him with that) and says "DAMN!" Our line backers will rip off their jerseys and do various muscle poses and kiss their "pythons". The rest of the defense will shake their fingers at San Diego and tell them just how they will rip their head off at the next pay for view.

Man this team should have gone nuts when that play put Schaub down. I think Mario has been named as their "team anger management captain".

I'm about 99.9% sure that part of the NFLPA deal waives medical privacy. Our team just seems to play games with announcing injuries.

It could also be that our medical staff is so incompetent that they just don't know (no references needed).

Green said this morning on 610 that if a player suffers a concussion then it is mandatory that the player sit out the following week as a precaution.

So if he suffered a concussion then he is out, which would explain why they are being a bit evasive about the injury just encase they want to start Schaub.

To be able to pay back a team for a late hit on our QB, we would have to be able to get to their QB. So far "we ain't" getting there.

:fans:

Green said this morning on 610 that if a player suffers a concussion then it is mandatory that the player sit out the following week as a precaution.

So if he suffered a concussion then he is out, which would explain why they are being a bit evasive about the injury just encase they want to start Schaub.

Don't you really think that the nature and seriousness of the injury Schaub or any player suffers is diagnosed and reported to the league office by medical people and not the coaching staff ?

Just as a point of reference, Tom Brady been "probable" for about three years now.

Just as a point of reference, Tom Brady been "probable" for about three years now.

Exactly. I am not worried about the team making injuries known No reason to help the other team out because they do the same damn thing.

I guess Kubiak needs to stop trying to be deceptive and hand over the play book and the injury report to opposing teams.

With that said I just hope the medical staff has a clue whats going on because of with Boselli and DD it seems they may not really have graduated from a medical school here in the US.

i will say this sage learned the lession watching schaub take 2 steps toward the pick and get cheap shotted.

after sage threw a pick they showed the replay and he took off away from the pick so he wasnt a target.

Don't you really think that the nature and seriousness of the injury Schaub or any player suffers is diagnosed and reported to the league office by medical people and not the coaching staff ?

Yes I do think that its medical people that report to the league office. The very same medical people who has there checks signed by the Texans.

The reason Kubiak doesn't want to use the term concussion is because some people these days are trying to say guys with concussions should get out of the game, meaning if you get a couple, you're going to get more & ruin yourself if you stay playing, kind of like the stuff they say about boxers. Does anyone know what I'm referring to?

On the excuse that the Texans didn't know it was a cheapshot because they didn't see it--

Maybe the guys on the field didn't see the hit, but the guys in the booth had to have. If I'm the coaches and my team is trailing 35-3 at the half and looking lifeless, I'm playing the tape of the hit on an endless loop during halftime. Challenge those marshmellows to grow a spine. That the Chargers were allowed to walk away with their ACLs intact is an unmistakable message to the entire league: we don't care if you cheapshot our team.

And I'm not giving points to Kalu for his words. Talk is cheap. "I would have torn someone up if I had seen it, but I didn't see it" is the coward's mantra.

Back