Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

It's time for Williams to make bigger impact

Brando

Hall of Fame
Mario Williams needs to play better. His coaches know it. His teammates know it. The fans know it.

Disinterested observers from galaxies far, far away know it.

And the good news for Texans fans is Williams knows it, too.

The Texans drafted the defensive end No. 1 overall to be the guy who causes trouble. He typically shows up just in time to put the police tape around the scene.

Instead of arriving in time to help teammates up off a pile, perhaps he should consider causing a few of those piles.

"I have to get better at getting actual sacks, not just getting back there," Williams said. "I don't look at (grading my play) as a number or a letter or whatever. I know at the end of the year, that's what's going to have to matter. So pretty much, I have to crank it up."

Bush and the Saints are in town. It's time to play better.
To read more follow this link to chron.com

I hope Mario has a big game tomorrow.:fans:

Our defensive line will need to consistently put some pressure on Brees if we don't want our secondary to get burned all day. A big part of this pressure must include Mario. We need hurries, knock downs, batted balls, runs stopped for losses, and even a couple of sacks from the line to give our defense a good day.

I'll take hurries, and deflected passes. Sacks, I'm not so sure that they will be there, but if we can just get in Brees face, we should easily make him turn into the Drew Brees that went 0-4 at the begining of this season.

[sarcasm]according to Kubiak he has been outstanding...I wonder why he thinks he needs to pick his game up?[/sarcasm]

btw you guys realise kubiak is saying that stuff because mario must obviously be pulling his weight and trying his best so kubiak wants that recognised (similiar to what he did with travis in pre-season... you know when all the 'experts' on this MB were still calling him a 'slug' etc)

Richard Smith does not know how to do that, or he thinks it is against the rules.

:d:

While I'm not a big fan of Richard Smith, I do have to ask this question in his defense.

Do you think the fact that we only had Dunta in the secondary that could be counted on to cover his guy beyond the snap of the ball, might've had something to do with the lack of blitzes? If you blitz, you've got to have solid coverage for at least 3-5 seconds for the blitzers to get there. Otherwise, you're hanging them out to dry. As it stands now, our secondary couldn't be counted on to cover a bunch of old ladies in steel toed army boots.

Once we get our secondary upgraded, I believe we'll start seeing a lot more blitz packages &, as a result, a lot more sacks from the DL. But, that's just my opinion.

Any news if Jamaal Brown is going to play LT or not? If he doesn't, this could be really good for Mario.

jlam, I think, was saying that Mr. Brown has not practiced this week; and is unlikely to play on Sunday. Mario has to perform this week.

The information about Brown is in the Ahman Green is out thread.

Two different things.

was that really worth wasting a post over a minor mistake of an expression in my post?? you know i meant hes trying the best he can..

anyway im not going to assign him to the scrap heap... usually physical tools + proper attitude= good things in the end

I hate to be like this but I honestly don't see mario stepping his game up for tommorow. He's notorious for not playing at potential in big games. ie. titans game last year. I just hope that he plays a moderately good game and Amobi or TJ or ND or any of them are able to play better on man on coverage with Mario drawing double teams

I hate to be like this but I honestly don't see mario stepping his game up for tommorow. He's notorious for not playing at potential in big games. ie. titans game last year. I just hope that he plays a moderately good game and Amobi or TJ or ND or any of them are able to play better on man on coverage with Mario drawing double teams

:cool:

I would say that was a big **** you to Reggie Bush today from Mario.

"For all those teams who passed me up, all I have to say is thank you." Reggie Bush on Madden 2008 insulting the Texans.

"No Reggie, thank you," me.

I would say that was a big **** you to Reggie Bush today from Mario.

"For all those teams who passed me up, all I have to say is thank you." Reggie Bush on Madden 2008 insulting the Texans.

"No Reggie, thank you," me.

I believe he just said, "For the guys that passed on me, since there was only one team. :shades:

Oh and, You're welcome Reggie.

Our defensive line will need to consistently put some pressure on Brees if we don't want our secondary to get burned all day. A big part of this pressure must include Mario. We need hurries, knock downs, batted balls, runs stopped for losses, and even a couple of sacks from the line to give our defense a good day.

Bingo! :fans:

Good game, defense!! Let's see it again in Cleveland!!! :texflag:

The guy plays hard every game, the only difference yesterday was that he had the stats to go with his pressure. There's more to playing DE than just sacks, the guy has been pretty good against the run all year & he finally got some secondary help.

Wow I've never been so glad to be wrong before :) WOOO HOOO :whip: :splits:

Wow! Playing with great technique. Diagnosing the screen pass (may have been a call from the coaches) and other plays. Great to see him putting it all together. Kubiak talked about a flip switching earlier in him - let's see it stay on.

Mario did play a great game yesterday. He just has to play more consistent. I think he plays well when he is all fired up. Like the first game of the season game against the chiefs. Maybe because he read too much negative press in the offseason. And now this game. Maybe cause of all the Bush press. Who knows, but he's got the tools. he's just got to put more games like this together.

Mario did play a great game yesterday. He just has to play more consistent. I think he plays well when he is all fired up. Like the first game of the season game against the chiefs. Maybe because he read too much negative press in the offseason. And now this game. Maybe cause of all the Bush press. Who knows, but he's got the tools. he's just got to put more games like this together.
pretty much exactly what I'm thinking. Mario was a difference maker this last Sunday and it was good to see. Hopefully he doesn't disappear for a few games again.

pretty much exactly what I'm thinking. Mario was a difference maker this last Sunday and it was good to see. Hopefully he doesn't disappear for a few games again.

We could try to convince Mario that the Browns passed on him in the 2005 Draft to pick Braylon Edwards.

Mario is the best of the top 4 draft picks in his class. Vince can't throw to the pros and reggie is a bust with fumbleitus

Just wait until he starts wearing his Ring with a +2 modifier to awesome!

I am waiting for mario and amoshi to create havok ;) (yes I combined the two names)

smw-yoshi-with-mario.jpg

Back