Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Football mmo rpg

Dcolbyt

starter
I thinks its getting pretty popular too! hey hoth-boy did you see how you can replay the plays from the game?Its pretty cool even tho its only little dots.

Dcolbyt

starter
BETAWhat is Goal Line Blitz?Goal Line Blitz is a web-based American Football MMORPG. We've written a custom football simulation engine to provide you with the ultimate football experience on the web.

Do you love fantasy football? Ever wished you could play with the pros? Join other football fans from around the world in building the player and team of your dreams, right here.

Player Management
Create a custom player, at any position on the football field, and assign any name you want
Train your player from the ground up to be the type of player you want
Gain experience from playing games to improve your player's abilities
Sign with teams from around the world and negotiate your contract
Create custom signature equipment
And much more!

Own a Team
Manage every aspect of a football team
Set ticket and concession prices
Improve your stadium with new seats, sections, and amenities
Sign, cut, and trade players
Set game-by-game strategy
Play to win the league championship
And much more!

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=3523691

eriadoc

Texan-American
I made a player, and I play my first game in a few hours. Of course, you start off as a newbie, so I won't start, but I should see some playing time. I put a fair amount into stamina and strength. I'm a center.

AnthonyE

Lurker
I registered. Sent a bulletin about my guy. Now do I just wait for some offers or what?
Hm, you should have leveled up before you sent out the bulletin.

To level up you click on home and by your avatar you should see "flex points", click "spend/buy/earn" and go to level up. Level 2s seem to get signed quicker than level 1s for obvious reasons.

And yeah, i would like to buy a team too. But I want to make a new profile named Jackie Moon, and create a player by the same name so I could buy the "Flint Tropics". I would also be labeled as owner/player/coach. It would be awesome. :)

b0ng

Bad Hombre
Okay guys, I've been playing this game for about a week now and I'm apart of a different forum which has purchased about 5 different teams. Right now I'm the GM of the Ottawa Bills in the Canada A Eastern Conference.

I'm running the Defense and basically we need an MLB, a FS and a DT and you will get probably 40 - 60 snaps depending on the position you play and your stamina level.

These are for backup positions really as we have starters, but everybody gets snaps and the snaps get you experience. Right now it's a lot of level 4 D players going against level 6 and 7 O players and we're not completely destroyed. It'd be a good place and if you interested send me a PM here with your goallineblitz info. These spots could easily disappear and you guys would not be the players with priority, but hey, you could play for me, and I haven't done too bad.

Anyways yeah, there you guys go.

michaelm

vox nihili
Great... thanks alot guys... I just stopped by texanstalk to check a few of my ongoing threads, and happened to click on this one.
Now I've just spent about two hours on the GLB site creating a player who got signed pretty quickly to a 3-2 team. My first game isn't until tomorrow, but I figure I'll be spending a ton of time over there as well as here at TT.

As I said, thanks alot...:gun: lol

Scooter

Funky
congrats dcolbyt! i just signed up yesterday, my guys' first game is in about 9 hours. it'd be great if somewhere down the line we could get a texanstalk team going.

there are a couple links already so use those guys first (hoth-boy needs 1 more), but i'll toss my referral link out there for later use. thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=4494265

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
If I could just get 1 more person to sign up through my referal link I could level my guy up.

So c'mon there needs to be one more taker out there.
:aggressive: :wild: :thisbig: :smiliedance:
C'mon one more.

I feel like such a prima dona. I got 11 snaps in our last game, which we lost, and most of my stats are better then the starters, so I asked the owner what's up and how could I get more playing time. His answer was a blah blah blah sub tactics bit. Well see, next game is in about 21 hours. Thankfully I only signed a 1 year deal. So I'll be a FA again soon.

dtran04

Veteran
C'mon one more.

I feel like such a prima dona. I got 11 snaps in our last game, which we lost, and most of my stats are better then the starters, so I asked the owner what's up and how could I get more playing time. His answer was a blah blah blah sub tactics bit. Well see, next game is in about 21 hours. Thankfully I only signed a 1 year deal. So I'll be a FA again soon.
I'll do it.

AnthonyE

Lurker
C'mon one more.

When did you join? I got a pretty good owner. Gives everyone an equal share of playing time mainly because were still a building team. One thing I don't like about GLB is that the contracts expire like a full season. example: If you joined a team on the 25th day of the season, the contract will expire on the 25th day of the next season if you signed a 1 year deal. :/ I would like for the contract expire on a clean date. :o

Dcolbyt

starter
Great idea about creating a texanstalk team! (memphis just lost i think my city just died AHHH). I guess its a good thing im a bama fan. sry bout that but lets look into doing the team thing. Way to go Kanasas!

Scooter

Funky
i think that'd make this game a lot more fun than hooking up with random players and random owners. i made two players and ended up with a good owner it seems (in probably the lowest possible bracket) and we won our game this morning woohoo. if we got a TT team going though you'd see smallish salaries, an unselfish team, a more vocal and fun team, and input that would actually win a lot of games.

the game's still in the beta stage but after seeing the sim and the replays it seems relatively well constructed and maybe towards the end of the month i'll sink a couple bucks into it for either ownership or building a strong group of players.

vtech9

All Pro
If we get a Texans team going, I guess the owner could try and trade for all of us that are under contract. I think my owner would go for it if I asked him. Right now, I'm a lvl 3 FS, as a backup, I'm getting pretty good playing time. I've built my player up with training mostly. I don't have any referals, probably because I don't look for them, so it takes me a bit longer to level up. My player subs in at all of the secondary positions, and I have noticed that when my player is on the field, most of the plays go away from my side. Makes it a little harder to make tackles, but I guess they are scared of me...lol.

Scooter

Funky
One thing I don't like about GLB is that the contracts expire like a full season. example: If you joined a team on the 25th day of the season, the contract will expire on the 25th day of the next season if you signed a 1 year deal. :/ I would like for the contract expire on a clean date. :o
something i completely agree with and bugged me from the first moment. i just made a post in the suggestions forum about it, but i'm probably not at my most eloquent so any support there or better wording would be great.

Scooter

Funky
If we get a Texans team going, I guess the owner could try and trade for all of us that are under contract. I think my owner would go for it if I asked him. Right now, I'm a lvl 3 FS, as a backup, I'm getting pretty good playing time. I've built my player up with training mostly. I don't have any referals, probably because I don't look for them, so it takes me a bit longer to level up. My player subs in at all of the secondary positions, and I have noticed that when my player is on the field, most of the plays go away from my side. Makes it a little harder to make tackles, but I guess they are scared of me...lol.
i'll get in talks with my owner about it. if i believe the game will last and we have the support for it, it wouldnt bother me to try and buy a team. maybe a little premature for a slow internet based game in beta stage but with as fast as it's progressed it could be a lot of fun. maybe one of us gets lucky and we can be the flint tropics and AE can be the GM lol.

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
I think if we could get a TT.com team going that would be great. The offical MB already has one with nearly a full "human" roster.

We played last night, and I finally got a decent amount of playing time. And I was the 2nd leading tackler on my time with 6, 2 from coverage units and the rest from my FS spot. The "starter" had had something like 4 tackles while still playing more. In 2 games the starter has 8 tackles, and in 1 game I've got 6. I'm pretty sure my owner thinks I'm an ass, but he that's ok. I want playing time and I want the starting gig. Oh, and we still lost.

Thanks to all those who signed up through the referal link, once Hutch13 gets active, it'll be enough for me to lvl my guy up.

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
Looks like its pretty hard to get on a team. I guess I'll have to wait 10 days so I can level up.
I sugest using the "Teams looking for Players" sub-forum. Just hang around till somebody posts a need that matches your spot and reply.

P

Polo

Haven't had my first game yet...7 hrs to go....

My boy is gonna ball out...

P

Polo

Anyone play for the New Jersey Knuckle heads ? or USA Exiles ?

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
This looks like a lot of fun. As soon as I get more time I am going to sign up. Probably tonight.

How can we get a TexanTalk team going, that would be sweet.

AnthonyE

Lurker
This looks like a lot of fun. As soon as I get more time I am going to sign up. Probably tonight.

How can we get a TexanTalk team going, that would be sweet.
:o yeah, it would. :)

We had a game today, but my team sucks so we lost.

I also had a crappy game. 3 tackles 1 pass deflected. :/ I never got to see the ball thrown my way because they were picking on a CPU CB opposite me. :/