Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFLN Curses Us!! Noooooo!!

RTP2110

All Pro
Path to the draft is on, and 4 different guys are giving opinions from all different places.

They have Casserly on TV with a Texans backdrop behind him!!

Keep Casserly away!! Far far away!!!

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I'm checking him out too; shouldn't we be able to sue him or something??

Why don't they use the new & improved nfl logo behind him? ...or that nfl network football...?

TC is right, they hate us

AnthonyE

Lurker
Path to the draft is on, and 4 different guys are giving opinions from all different places.

They have Casserly on TV with a Texans backdrop behind him!!

Keep Casserly away!! Far far away!!!
ROFLL!!!! I saw that too, was going to post it but I was no where near a computer.

-_-;

I don't approve of him being on NFLN at all, but they could at least have put the same one Adam Schefter has. Ya know, the one with the NFL logo and the NFL Draft Logo. -_-

adam

Guero
Ugh. Why is Casserly even on NFLN? If anyone's opinion on drafting talented players should be irrelevant, than it should be Casserly's.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Speaking of curses, the Rosenfels almost comeback is on the NFLn right now.

Even though we lost it was still sweet seeing DeMeco get the Sack/fumble-recovery/TD Trifecta one more time.

Trail.Blazr

Hooked up to a Kool-Aid IV
I find irony in watching him on NFLN today. All this studio time he's getting makes me realize he's not really needed elsewhere. Or maybe he'd reather hang with Fran Charles and Tom Waddle?? :loser

Maddict5

Hall of Fame
i was watching TA a couple days ago when he was talking about the falcons and why they shouldn't take ryan and said something along the lines of ' if you take a young qb and dont protect him, he'll be a bust'.. quite ironic but at least he learned his lesson

i havent watched him much but he was quite funny in his analysis of the falcons..

'the falcons starting RT is mike olok.....wandi, i had to look down to make sure i had that right and if anybody can tell me 2 things about him, you win free draft passes for a liftime'... thats good stuff even if you do hate him

aj.

All Pro
I saw that. My thoughts were 'Charley, you're not an engaging television personality (much less a comedian) so stop trying to act like either one.' Listening to him is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Trail.Blazr

Hooked up to a Kool-Aid IV
' if you take a young qb and dont protect him, he'll be a bust'.. quite ironic but at least he learned his lesson
I'm not sure if it was the same clip I saw, he went on to defend the DC pick pointing out that they hired Boselli and Young to protect him, who never played a down...

I do remember questioning paying bank for Boselli, whose better years were behind him and hadn't been able to touch the field for some time at the point CC had played the risk card in taking him. However, I have blocked out some of that time, as I was so anguished with DC over Julius Peppers that I don't know who he's referring to mentioning Young. I beleive he refered to the other OL as Young..?..

Can anyone set me straight? Aside from Boselli(again, not a good first pick ever), I had the mindset that nothing was really invested in protecting DC that first season.

aj.

All Pro
Ryan Young (74). One of the 'Elite Eight' expansion draft picks. A good young tackle picked to start at RT. Groin injury soon after starting training camp (about when this photo was taken) - then later his knee started doing funny things.

Couldn't agree on a long term deal here (he was in the last year of a 4 year rookie deal when the Texans obtained his contract) so he left as a UFA to Dallas in March '03. His knee continued to bother him and I think he was out of the league by '04.

Maddict5

Hall of Fame
I saw that. My thoughts were 'Charley, you're not an engaging television personality (much less a comedian) so stop trying to act like either one.' Listening to him is like fingernails on a chalkboard.
i think thats harsh.. obviously we're biased against him but from what ive seen hes relaxing into it as he goes along and is no worse than mora or mariucci imo (in fact i find him funnier/less cringeful than those two) :hides:

P

Polo

Charley Casserly is about as entertaining and engaging as the F9 button on my keyboard.

aj.

All Pro
i think thats harsh.. obviously we're biased against him but from what ive seen hes relaxing into it as he goes along and is no worse than mora or mariucci imo (in fact i find him funnier/less cringeful than those two) :hides:
I'm not biased against him. I'm a 1 in Casserly's world of 0's. I think he's an arrogant, egostistical, manipulative, phony, incompetent little stooge.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
i think casserly out thought himself trying to build an organization from the ground up, it's not like this was his first gig, i can honestly say that i like his coverage. i'll admit he screwed up from day one by bringing in capers but he's not that bad. let it go like that kid from fresno