Thanks for your support!

2nd Best QBs, AFC South

Who is the 2nd best QB in the AFC South

• Total voters

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Hopefully you don't take this the wrong way bOng...... but I really wanted to know....

Who's the second best??

Not at all. I fully support this, and I will now sit back and watch the fireworks. Hopefully these users will search for their usernames on the forum and find this thread:

Blazing Arrow, The Dream, hollywood_texan, Second Honeymoon.

I threw my vote in for Garrard. He was a great QB last year and as much as I wanted to click Schaub, I just think that at least last year, Garrard was the better QB. It was both their first years starting as NFL QB's though so that could easily change.

I'm going into homer-mode. None of them have really proven anything, so subjective opinion is valid.

Although I do think David Garard shows a lot of potential. Only time will tell if he's consistent. The Jaguars thought enough of him to sign a long-term deal.

I'd rank Sage third, with Young a distant fourth. I'm not just "conVinced" that he's all that in the NFL.

I'm going into homer-mode. None of them have really proven anything, so subjective opinion is valid.

Not taking a stab or anything, but what exactly do they have to do to prove something??

I'm going with Garrard.

I think he definitely understands the game better than the other three. Just from watching him play he seems to not get so rattled, and make better decisions.

I think his arm is Stronger than Schaub's & Sage's no question.

& while I'm not a Vince hater....... c'mon.......

Not taking a stab or anything, but what exactly do they have to do to prove something??

I'm going with Garrard.

I think he definitely understands the game better than the other three. Just from watching him play he seems to not get so rattled, and make better decisions.

I think his arm is Stronger than Schaub's & Sage's no question.

& while I'm not a Vince hater....... c'mon.......

I understand the Garrard pick, but he's only got a year under his belt, so it's not like he's proven to be a consistent starter over a multi-season period. But I have no qualms about picking him in this poll.

I said up front that I was going homer with Schaub, simply because I think he's going to be a solid QB with Kubiak's offense and Gibb's o-line. He has shown enough to me last year to warrant having faith in him, and with AJ and the rest of the staff, I think he's in a better position to succeed than Garrard. JMO.

VY has regressed from his first year. C'mon, 17 INTs? 9 TDs? You think that is indicative of good QB play? Heck, for a 'running QB', he was sacked 25 times last year, THREE more than our team's total. I do not think he has developed the ability to read defenses any more than he could coming into the league, and his reliance on his legs over his arm is indicative of a player that is not improving the position's most important aspect - PASSING. He said himself that he should be compared to Randall Cunningham and does not want to be a pocket passer. I just think he is highly overrated. I will not apologize for refusing to drink his tainted koolaide, even moreso now that QUITTING entered his vocabulary. I've never heard an "elite" player spew something so lame after just a year in the league (then lies about it later. Way to man up, Vince!)

Sage, on the other hand, had 15 TDS / 12 INTS (the ratio is at least correct) in only 9 games. He was a more accurate passer than Young as a backup.

I voted Schaub (So it wasn't me who checked the Sage box). I voted as a homer, but in all honesty, I don't think there's a ranking order that can't be defended (Well, except for that Sage vote for #1 :stirpot:).

Last year, Garrard had the better season but I think Schaub is the better QB.

Garrard has a ton more experience (18 starts prior to last season) than Schaub and although he had worse receivers, he had much better RB's and a better D to back him up. He didn't have to take that many chances.

Schaub was injured for most of last year and had no running game to speak of and still performed admirably in his first starting work. I think Schaub is going to make some noise this year.

I think Schaub has more potential than Garrard but until that translate into anything on the field I will not vote for him. While Garrard has had only one productive year, that is one more than Schaub, so he gets my vote.

Rosenfels is a good back-up, but I think he's terribly overrated by a lot of Texans fan.

VY ranks 5th and I might even rank him 6th.

this is really tough because all are unproven. garrard and young both got their teams to the playoffs. (despite young having a statistical nightmare year) some might argue that the browns got the titans into the playoffs but either way...

it would seem to me if you're ranking them specifically as their skills as a quarterback doing things like throwing the ball etc. then schaub seems to have the best skill set. followed by sage and then garrard. young is not a quarterback in that sense. he cannot throw the ball well.

however, a quarterback's job is to lead his team and leading them to the playoffs would be considered more successful than doing well numbers-wise and not making the playoffs.

since vince young is a tool who can't throw the ball and will always hurt his team by making bad decisions just as often as he will help them with his athleticism, i'm going to have to go with garrard.

I have to go with Garrard since his QB rating is actually higher than Manning's (102 to 98) and didn't he have anyone close to Andre Johnson or even Andre Davis to throw to.

Schaub may have more upside and, at this point, Garrard may be only a "game manager" but I'll take a 6-to-1 TD/INT ratio from my starting QB ANY day. And for bonus points he's thick enough to take a hit and has decent enough feet to scramble out of trouble.

Garrard has a great running game working for him. He is a game manager type of QB for the Jags, because that's just what they need out of him. I think he has the potential to be a long-time starter.

That said, I think Schaub has the most potential out of any of them to be a consistent vertical threat and have 4000+ yards passing. Neither Garrard or Young are your "prototypical" QB.... Matt is, though.

Garrard as Schaub hasn't proven to me that he can stay healthy. If he can, then i'd change my vote.

Back