Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Training Camp Tickets

Buffi2

Veteran
It isn't long now.

The Houston Texans Training Camp, presented by Wachovia, begins for fans on Saturday, July 26 at the Methodist Training Center. Free tickets are available to the public at Wachovia Financial Centers in the greater Houston area beginning Wednesday, July 9. Tickets are limited to six per person per practice.
Link

There are seven opportunities for fans to attend Houston Texans Training Camp,

My annual trip to Cleveland is now on the calendar!:smiliedance:

I'd like to claim three tickets to any practices you can spare.

I remember them just giving you a huge bundle and you mailed me a pair of practices last season. I'm in Austin so I can't exactly head up to a local Houston Wachovia all that easily.

I think that I will still be inbetween cities on that date...If I am in Kansas...hopefully someone can help me out with 1 ticket for each tc except the last one...I will be in a wedding...

Although I will be a Wichitan, I will be at all of the training camps like I still live in Houston...:fans:

I'd like to claim three tickets to any practices you can spare.

I remember them just giving you a huge bundle and you mailed me a pair of practices last season. I'm in Austin so I can't exactly head up to a local Houston Wachovia all that easily.

I sent you a PM

I just sent a pre-emptive e-mail to the Texans.

Wachovia changes the rules every year, the DAY they're handing them out. ((and before Wachovia, it was still screwed up, EVERY year).

Sadly, there are only 2 dates AFTER the bar exam :(

I send this e-mail in the hopes the Texans can prevent what has been a rather disastrous event over the last several years. It seems every year there is a problem with fans who try to pick up training camp tickets. I request you please clarify all policies and rules with Wachovia, and print any corrections on HoustonTexans.com.

Problems have included:

-sponsors not being aware of the 6 per person/per game policy
-sponsors requiring fans fill out a form giving personal information to get tickets
-sponsors citing a "day of" change in policy (last year, Wachovia branches only allowed something like a few tickets limited to two training camp dates per branch - despite HoustonTexans.com stating 6 per person per session)

We the fans appreciate the continued free admittance to training camp and are ok with any policies created between the Texans and sponsors. We would just to make sure we know WHAT the policies are advance to plan accordingly.

I just sent a pre-emptive e-mail to the Texans.

Wachovia changes the rules every year, the DAY they're handing them out. ((and before Wachovia, it was still screwed up, EVERY year).

Sadly, there are only 2 dates AFTER the bar exam :(

Good call!!!!

Yeah, I saw this thread and immediatley thought of Ryan's adventures with Wachovia last year.

You know, come to think of it...Ryan has problems with almost every store possible: IE- (Dell, Wachovia, Compass Bank, etc).

Yeah, I saw this thread and immediatley thought of Ryan's adventures with Wachovia last year.

You know, come to think of it...Ryan has problems with almost every store possible: IE- (Dell, Wachovia, Compass Bank, etc).

LMAO!! Hey, last year it wasn't just me!! Wachovia decided (unilaterally) the day of that they were only allowing each person a few tickets to TWO sessions. They said HoustonTexans.com was "mistaken." :specnatz:

The Texans have assured me that the policy is 6 per person per session, and Wachovia has NO RIGHT to REQUIRE you to fill out anything (though they may REQUEST information).

Should anyone tell you otherwise the day they go on sale, I would take the Texans phone number with you (as printing out the website did not good in past years).

Good luck and happy hunting :)

I'll be looking for tickets to sessions on 8-1 and later!

The Texans have assured me that the policy is 6 per person per session, and Wachovia has NO RIGHT to REQUIRE you to fill out anything (though they may REQUEST information).

Should anyone tell you otherwise the day they go on sale, I would take the Texans phone number with you (as printing out the website did not good in past years).

Good advise !
I had this problem last year, as the Wachovia Bank I went to here in Clear Lake wouldn't give me but 1 ticket per practice.

I dunno for sure, but seem to recall they planned some intersquad workouts/scrimmages with the Saints, but I think it's over there ?
That's right.
Kubiak said the Texans plan to travel to New Orleans early to work against the Saints in practice.

"I like the way our preseason’s setting up," he said. "I’m going to talk to (Saints head coach) Sean (Payton) here this afternoon. We’re going to take our team down there hopefully on Tuesday night, practice against New Orleans Wednesday, Thursday, by our self on Friday and then play them on Saturday, so it’s just a little change of pace, change of scenery during camp, and work against a very good football team.”
Link

LMAO!! Hey, last year it wasn't just me!! Wachovia decided (unilaterally) the day of that they were only allowing each person a few tickets to TWO sessions. They said HoustonTexans.com was "mistaken." :specnatz:

No, it wasn't just you.
I was in one Wachovia where I thought a fight was going to break out.
People were raising their voices as the Wacho.. workers refused to give the tickets out unless you handed over your life story.
It really got bad.
I don't know why they can't just smile and hand out the tickets.:mshadows:

No, it wasn't just you.
I was in one Wachovia where I thought a fight was going to break out.
People were raising their voices as the Wacho.. workers refused to give the tickets out unless you handed over your life story.
It really got bad.
I don't know why they can't just smile and hand out the tickets.:mshadows:
They could but they just don't want to.

Are these tickets usually gone in the first day?

It's my first season back in Houston, and the ONLY day I have to work this summer, is Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tickets are available today, right? If I get any BS from the bank this year I'll write letters for sure. To who, I'm not sure, but I'll find out. Last year we had to go to 3 different banks and still didn't get all the tickets we wanted.

I still got to go to all of them....thanks again to Yankee for the inside info. :cool:

Tickets are available today, right? If I get any BS from the bank this year I'll write letters for sure. To who, I'm not sure, but I'll find out. Last year we had to go to 3 different banks and still didn't get all the tickets we wanted.

I still got to go to all of them....thanks again to Yankee for the inside info. :cool:
My Aunt just got some tickets and she said that she didn't have any problems. If you all need any extras PM me.

My Aunt just got some tickets and she said that she didn't have any problems. If you all need any extras PM me.

That's cool Gary. Thanks

BTW, I saw you there last year. If I see ya again I'll make it a point to say hello. :cool:

Though we normally get as many as we can and send them to people who need them, I am out of commission this year....

So, if anyone has 2 extras for any sessions AFTER July 31st (last day of the bar exam - I think there's a session that night but I don't know if I will have the energy!!), we would be grateful :)

Hope everything went trouble free for everyone this year!

Hey brother, here is the list of banks and how many tickets each location has for each practice.

http://assets.houstontexans.com/assets/news/tc_bank_tickets.pdf

Looks like that's a partial list of locations - whatever they consider "North."

fwiw, I walked into the Clear Lake Wachovia (Bay Area at El Camino) at 9:20 am and walked out at 9:22 with all the tickets I needed. No hassle. I even asked the lady as I was about to leave "what, no financial health checkup required this year?" She just smiled.

I walked into the Wachovia on 2920, filled out a little form and got 2 tickets to all 7 practices. She probably would have given me more if I had asked for them.

I won't be attending all the practices... probably only two or three... so any of you guys who still need some come the start of training camp, I may be able to hook you up. Right now I just need to decide which camps we will go to, then I will get back on here and let you know.

:fans:

No Pasadena locations listed, but, I'm headin out anyway. If they don't have any I'm gonna be ticked off! I have NO desire to drive to Houston, Clear Lake, Liberty or Beaumont to get tickets!! I just don't have the time to go searchin.

Don't throw stuff at me...

But I just went to two banks and got 6 tickets per session, for a total of 12 tickets per session! All you have to do is be nice!

It also helps to already have an account with them... :)

Looks like that's a partial list of locations - whatever they consider "North."

fwiw, I walked into the Clear Lake Wachovia (Bay Area at El Camino) at 9:20 am and walked out at 9:22 with all the tickets I needed. No hassle. I even asked the lady as I was about to leave "what, no financial health checkup required this year?" She just smiled.

That's funny.

I reckon the Texans oorganization reamed them a new one after last years fiasco. :texflag:

BTW, here's a new list with the South included.

http://assets.houstontexans.com/assets/news/wachovia_locations3.pdf

But I just went to two banks and got 6 tickets per session, for a total of 12 tickets per session! All you have to do is be nice!

*chunks beer cans, bottles, tomatoes at Shaft*

*chunks beer cans, bottles, tomatoes at Shaft*

Are you going to any practices? Maybe we could hook up for a beer or several. There's a Marcos (I think) close to the complex we have gone to on occasion for a frosty beverage and to cool down.

I usually go with a sports bud of mine. Ironically, his name is Bill. :cool:

No Pasadena locations listed, but, I'm headin out anyway. If they don't have any I'm gonna be ticked off! I have NO desire to drive to Houston, Clear Lake, Liberty or Beaumont to get tickets!! I just don't have the time to go searchin.

That's funny.

I reckon the Texans oorganization reamed them a new one after last years fiasco. :texflag:

BTW, here's a new list with the South included.

http://assets.houstontexans.com/assets/news/wachovia_locations3.pdf
Looks like locations 7, 9 & 46 in the "South Region" for you GMa!! :splits:

And due to gas prices...

I will offer any of my 120 training camp tickets for 1 beeellion dollars.

No hassle, no problemo, tickets in safe place!! Struck it rich with my third Wachovia here in Pasadena. First two were closed, but, I knew the locations so went there first. Hit paydirt at the one on Fairmont.

Great to hear that no one had any real problems getting their TC tickets this year.

I walked into the Wachovia on 2920, filled out a little form and got 2 tickets to all 7 practices. She probably would have given me more if I had asked for them.

I won't be attending all the practices... probably only two or three... so any of you guys who still need some come the start of training camp, I may be able to hook you up. Right now I just need to decide which camps we will go to, then I will get back on here and let you know.

:fans:
You should have gotten 6 tickets for each practice. Let me know what you need.

Hopefully I can work with people on here...But my job kept me from getting out for these tickets...
Hopefully I can get a ticket from someone to get pictures of the practices..

I must have just missed you, as I went into that bank location at 'bout 9:05 and back out with all of my tickets, even after having a nice conversation with a helpful and friendly Wachovia employee.
Unlike past years (especially the first few years), there was no line whatsoever. I dunno, does that mean interest in the Texans is now at an all-time low ?

The only times I remember standing in lines for training camp tickets is when they used to do it at Foleys Ticketmaster locations. The last three years, I've gone to Wachovia's in Clear Lake, Seabrook, and Pasadena and haven't encountered any lines. But I didn't get there as the doors opened either. The crowds are probably spread out more because there are so many Wachovia locations. I don't really pay attention to how this is being promoted outside the websites, but I can't recall hearing training camp ticket giveaways discussed on radio or tv that much, if at all. I don't take a newspaper so I don't know if there have been ads or whatnot. I have no doubt the bleachers and endzones will be full though - they always are.

Also, I think as people experience tc, they realize quickly that it's not for wimps and some may not come back, especially for the day sessions - which most of them are this year. It's hot as hell out there and it doesn't take you long to melt if you're not dressed for the occasion or otherwise prepared. I typically advise against black t-shirts and polyester stretch pants and high heels - toting 3 month old babies in strollers - or drinking 95 beers in the parking lot and then running up and down the sideline trying to get everyone in the bleachers to do the wave when there's 100 degree + heat indices.

To piggyback on aj's point. I went last year for a day session and wore my Texans Jersey as I normally do (a heavy material blue one) and it was brutal. I will be wearing something light - in fabric and color - next time around.

I had a very serious incident with the Texas heat years ago, but even to this day I don't mess with it. Therefor I regret we are now down to just one evening TC session open to the fans, because one little pop-up T-Storm on that evening leaves us with nothing but TCs during the days to attend.
But I really like the TC, actually more than the games in some ways. I'm all about the football and the specticle and color of an inperson NFL Sunday is secondary to the game itself for me. There's few things about football I enjoy more than watching the one-on-one drills, especially between the big-boys, the 300 lb DLinemen vs. 300lb OLineman. That's what football is all about for me !
Many teams have their TC away from home and I wish the Texans would move summer TC out of town and out of state to a local which has a climate with more hospitible summer-time weather. I'd gladly pay for airfare and motel accomodations to watch several days of practice in reasonably comfortable weather if there was good access to the action.

Having attended Oilers training camps in San Antonio, San Angelo and San Marcos, I'm forever grateful that the Texans have training camp here at home.

It can be pretty damm hot in most places in the US in late July (thinking Korey Stringer in Minnesota), so as long as precautions are taken, I think the good of having camp at home far outweighs the bad. I've talked to coaches about this and they agree to a man.

Ironic you should mention Stringer in this conversation. I had the same medical event that he did, but obviously with a different outcome. The other thing is I visited Minnesota once: on a weekend in the summer of 2001, which of course was when he died up there.
I remember 2 things in particular about Minneapolis. Its a very impressive, very beautiful city and I couldn't get over how hot & humid it was that weekend. I could of closed my eyes and imagined I was in Houston. Who would have thunk it ?
But I said I'd like summer TC out of town AND out of state. And while there's certainly no guarantee the summertime weather would be cool & pleasant anyplace, we are guaranteed to have miserable, crappy weather here in Texas in July-August.
There's a thread about this in another section of the website, about the question of the toll the weather might take on some of the players and contribute to possible injuries/physical-conditioning. How about a kid like Alan Brink from Eugene, Oregon ? They don't even have AC up that way in a lot of places. Yea that's it I vote for Texans 2009 TC in Oregon.

I would have completely missed out on these tickets had I not read this thread. Thank you guys.

Hopefully I'll see some of you guys at the morning session on the 27th.

I had a very serious incident with the Texas heat years ago, but even to this day I don't mess with it. Therefor I regret we are now down to just one evening TC session open to the fans, because one little pop-up T-Storm on that evening leaves us with nothing but TCs during the days to attend.
But I really like the TC, actually more than the games in some ways. I'm all about the football and the specticle and color of an inperson NFL Sunday is secondary to the game itself for me. There's few things about football I enjoy more than watching the one-on-one drills, especially between the big-boys, the 300 lb DLinemen vs. 300lb OLineman. That's what football is all about for me !
Many teams have their TC away from home and I wish the Texans would move summer TC out of town and out of state to a local which has a climate with more hospitible summer-time weather. I'd gladly pay for airfare and motel accomodations to watch several days of practice in reasonably comfortable weather if there was good access to the action.

Hopefully you'r joking about the Texans doing training camp out of town. How many people are you willing to pay airfare and motel accomodations for. I rather spend my money on an away game.

I'm not sure which one(s) I'll be attending this year, so I didn't attempt to pick up tickets. Hopefully I'll be able to find someone with extras at the practice.....

Back