Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Prisco: MW #6 in top 50; AJ # 26

dc_txtech

All Pro
I don't understand how Willis made the list, yet Demeco is left off.
Statistically Willis had a much better year than Ryans last year. At least he is not much higher up on the list than Demeco.

But if they are going to put Willis and Peterson on this list, then Joe Thomas needs to be on there also.

Second Honeymoon

Hall of Fame
#6 is probably a bit high for Mario overall, but these type of rankings are meant to stir up the pot and get people discussing their own opinions.

he is probably around #6 overall for defensive players though..especially considering his upside and youth

i liked Braylon Edwards being on the list, he is so damn good...him and AJ are the next great WRs

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I didn't see this thread on here anywhere, so I thought I'd post it.
Prisco is giving us some serious love. He has MW as the 6th best player in the NFL. Man, what a few sacks can do to change minds. He has AJ at 26. I would think those two would be reversed at this point in their respective careers. I'm glad to see us getting some respect.
6. Mario Williams, DE, Houston Texans: Williams is making the Texans proud for passing on Reggie Bush and Vince Young to take this pass rusher. He might have been the league's best defensive player in the final eight weeks of 2007.

26. Andre Johnson, WR, Houston Texans: Injuries limited him last season, but Johnson is one of the best when he's on the field. The Texans were a different team without him last season.
url]http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10877567[/url]

b0ng

Bad Hombre
I hate to say it, but I've always thought Prisco was an *****, and this article does not dissuade me at all. Mario should really produce at least more than half a year before we annoint him the best in the business.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I hate to say it, but I've always thought Prisco was an *****, and this article does not dissuade me at all. Mario should really produce at least more than half a year before we annoint him the best in the business.
its probably Prisco's way of admitting he was among those who thought we were stooopid in 06 for passing RB/VY. Jared Allen is probably better, at least based on last season, than Mario. This year? I guess we'll see.

Second Honeymoon

Hall of Fame
totally agree. i will give Mario bonus points however, for being productive with such a scrub on the other end of the DL though (Weaver obviously) Mario was definitely dominant at times but I want to see him consistently continue to improve and only pray that he continues to be healthy and resilient.

i can't freaking wait for the season.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
I was listening to the radio yesterday and the local sports guys here were totally pissed that Jason Witten and Tony Romo weren't on the list.

I think that #6 might be a tad high for MW; I think Jared Allen is slightly ahead of Mario. And I think Demeco should be on the list.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I was listening to the radio yesterday and the local sports guys here were totally pissed that Jason Witten and Tony Romo weren't on the list.

I think that #6 might be a tad high for MW; I think Jared Allen is slightly ahead of Mario. And I think Demeco should be on the list.
...perhaps when Romo quarterbacks his team of drama qweens to a playoff win....

barrett

All Pro
i just love how it seems like every bit of press that Mario gets is followed by at least a parenthesis mentioning bush and young just like always but these days the info in those parenthesis are very positive!

Malloy

Hall of Fame
Mario is #6 on the Media Attention top 50.

It's like the pro-bowl, half of the players chosen are chosen for their media time and fan following, not their actual contributions.

With that said, ofcourse Mario will be ahead of AJ.

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
its probably Prisco's way of admitting he was among those who thought we were stooopid in 06 for passing RB/VY. Jared Allen is probably better, at least based on last season, than Mario. This year? I guess we'll see.
I guess it all depends on how the criteria of top 50 is done. Clearly he is factoring in injuries some because he talks about it...like with Haynesworth and AJ.

I'm guessing DeMeco makes the top 50 if he weren't playing through injury last year--it clearly affected him.

But if you ask me, who would you rather have on your team, Jared Allen or Mario Williams, it is a no brainer to me that I'd rather have Williams.

barrett

All Pro
i think it's harder to be consistent in this league than to put up good numbers. i think having multiple good statistical years in a row (Ryans/Allen) is worth more than a great individual season (Willis/Williams. Don't get me wrong, i'd rather have Williams than Allen any day because character is very important to me.