Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

New Cardinal plan aims to keep Dallas fans out

Showtime100

Got JJ?
New ticket plan aims to keep Dallas fans out of Cards' stadium

The Arizona Cardinals are trying to "protect the nest." This means they'd like University of Phoenix Stadium to continue to sell out, and to do so with as few opposing fans as possible.

In the past two seasons, there was little concern about this since the team sold out every home game. But with ticket sales a bit slower as the third season approaches, the Cardinals are requiring fans who want to buy tickets to the Dallas game on Oct. 12 to also buy tickets for the Aug. 7 exhibition opener vs. New Orleans. Cardinals fans have "created a decisive home-field advantage" the past two years, and the team wants to keep it that way by discouraging single-game ticket sales to Dallas Cowboys fans, team spokesman Mark Dalton said.

"Our goal is to have as many Cardinal fans in the stadium as possible," Dalton said.

In terms of overall ticket sales, "We're a little slower than we were at this point" last year, Dalton said, citing the slowing economy. Dalton estimated about 58,000 season tickets have been sold. Ideally, the Cardinals would like to sell about 60,000 season tickets and hold back 3,000 or so to sell for individual games.

"If we don't get to that threshold, then there will be a few more individual single-game tickets available," Dalton said.

Link

It's in the rumor section but I don't see how they will achieve this in the end. Too many ways to work that system. Other than that, Bwwaaaaa!!!

I went to see the Texans play the Cards last year in University of Phoenix stadium in a pre-season game. And I was Impressed. Great looking stadium. I guess the Cardinals never really have had a winning tradition even though they have been around forever. I guess the same thing happens in Relinat when the Titans play. It's really shameful to have all this opposing fans at our home. But there is only one cure for this crap. Win!!!!!!!!!

the Cardinals' goal is to ensure home field advantage. As team spokesman Mark Dalton said, "Our goal is to have as many Cardinal fans in the stadium as possible."
Now they aren't going to say, "Anyone who is a Cowboys fan, you're out of luck, because I'm not selling." I'm not even sure you can do that. So here's how they have cleverly decided to limit Cowboy fans: Any fan that wants to buy tickets to the October 12th Cardinal/Cowboy game HAS to buy tickets for the August 7th preseason opener against New Orleans. Obviously, no Cowboy fan wants to go the preseason opener for a team they don't even support.
http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/07/23/112335.php
:cowboy1:

Fans that really want to go to the game will regardless of ticket packages. Some will just count both tickets as an inflated Ebay or Stub Hub price for one. They could in turn sell the preseason to an interested buyer and keep the one they wanted anyway. The Cowboys have offered two ticket packages in the past that included one pre-season to go along with the regular. If not mistaken the Texans also have a similar deal.

If the Cardinals are worried about a shift in home field advantage, are they expecting Cowboy fans to outnumber their own? I know we have a great following, but this is some impressive stuff.

I'm going to that game. A buddy of mine is a Cardinal season ticket holder and I'll be there to root on my second favorite team, whoever is playing the Cowgirls!

Fans that really want to go to the game will regardless of ticket packages. Some will just count both tickets as an inflated Ebay or Stub Hub price for one. They could in turn sell the preseason to an interested buyer and keep the one they wanted anyway. The Cowboys have offered two ticket packages in the past that included one pre-season to go along with the regular. If not mistaken the Texans also have a similar deal.

If the Cardinals are worried about a shift in home field advantage, are they expecting Cowboy fans to outnumber their own? I know we have a great following, but this is some impressive stuff.

Yes, the Texans were selling 2 game packages before single game tickets went on sale. I don't remember the specific matchups, but for example, if you wanted Titans tickets you had to buy tickets to another game as well, say the Bucs pre-season game or whatever.

It may be a little harder for the opposing teams fan to buy the tickets from the team with the 2 game deal, but the season tickets holders will have those tickets for sell on Ebay, Stubhub or whatever anyway, so it really doesn't matter too much.

And yes, when the Cowboys have played in Arizona in the past, it's like a home game for the 'Boys.

Back