Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Byron Sandwich on Tennessee's "Ready" list

drewmar74

disgruntled
Found this interesting:

A year ago, Byron Leftwich and Quinn Gray were quarterbacks on the Jacksonville Jaguars. When the 2008 season starters, they could each be sharing the team’s offensive secrets with division rivals.

Gray signed last week with the Indianapolis Colts. Leftwich reportedly is getting a look-see from the Tennessee Titans.

But Leftwich isn’t in line to be signed. Instead, the team will decide to add him to a so-called “ready list,” in the event that, for example, starter Vince Young injures himself while running the ball or dancing shirtless in a room full of men.

“He’s played in the league. He’s been a starter in the league. He’s won a lot of games. We’re bringing him in just to work him out and see where he’s at and even give him a physical and have him throw to some receivers that we’re also trying to determine whether we put on our ready list or not,” coach Jeff Fisher said.

From PFT (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/) via ESPiN

"Instead, the team will decide to add him to a so-called “ready list,” in the event that, for example, starter Vince Young injures himself while running the ball or dancing shirtless in a room full of men."

:spit:

Vinnie

with an I E
"Instead, the team will decide to add him to a so-called “ready list,” in the event that, for example, starter Vince Young injures himself while running the ball or dancing shirtless in a room full of men."

:spit:
Awesomeness. I wonder how much crap Studdard has been taking for appearing in those pics?

Señor Stan

El Guapo
KFFL

Titans | Leftwich getting a look
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:26:57 -0700

Paul Kuharsky, of ESPN.com, reports the Tennessee Titans are bringing in free-agent QB Byron Leftwich (Falcons) for a physical. The team is looking to see if he should be added to their "ready list" of players in case of an emergency. The team has a number of receivers coming in for a workout Thursday, July 31, so they want Leftwich to throw to them rather than one of their own quarterbacks.

I guess they want to see if the guys getting a workout can actually catch a ball thrown TO them.