Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

How to Connect Texans Fans With Texans Tickets: A Competition Issue

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
I wrote a thing. With love, care, free to read. It isn't for debate, it is just framing issues, wanting a 2023 solution to a 2023 unintended consequence. Meant to be read. I don't benefit from clicks other than if it causes things to be better among people.

Me in the Chronic: We Need An Option 4 To Transfer/Sell Tickets

Likely preaching to the choir here. I am putting this in the Texans FOOTBALL talk forum because I know from experience that this is a competition issue. Competing against legacy teams, dealing with their crowd noise.

We as individuals can do our best to sell and give tickets to other fans. That is an ethos we've had since the OG days. Texan Bill and I used to make sure that paper tickets were always used, especially when given away for love. RIP and pour one out to my guy. Technology has made things easier and more profitable than meeting somebody in a parking lot or coffee shop exchanging tix.

I don't think there is a broad understanding of the chicken and egg issues with the fan noise/stadium, and how digital ticketing has accelerated these issues.

People can have all sorts of arguments about what the football team should do given their circumstances with injuries or personnel or scheme or whatever, and that is fine, some of that is good, and some of it makes me want eye bleach, but this is a DeMeco thing. They will do their part no matter what kinds of fans show up, but DeMeco and the team have asked us to roll up. Many of us have. But the modern world doesn't make it easy and seamless to have 70K of our pals roll up. There's someone(s) out there that can do something about this, and all I can do is ask for us to keep trying our best to match Texans to tickets, and hope that tech people give us the Option 4 for a time when we don't just know each other like that.

/as an aside, you can find me in the Platinum lot, row A 30ish most every game, northeast corner, opposite side from Blue Crew, where I also go, so if I haven't seen you in a while, just know you have a home base tailgate over there with lots of food and drink, or among any number of lots. Texans Santa will be there on Christmas Eve, whether you've been naughty or nice :)

:texans chick:

I believe that first responders (law enforcement, fire fighters, nurses, etc) and veterans should get unsold upper level tickets for free. As long as they show proof. Maybe also do something like that for low income Houston families. That would be a huge boost for the home team, keeping the stadium full with passionate fans. The McNairs will still make money off the concession stands and Texans gear sold. Just my opinion.

One week first responders, next week low income families, next maybe honor roll students, etc.

Hell, fill the lower section by allowing fans to get a free upgrade of seats remain empty by the second half.

I believe that first responders (law enforcement, fire fighters, nurses, etc) and veterans should get unsold upper level tickets for free. As long as they show proof. Maybe also do something like that for low income Houston families. That would be a huge boost for the home team, keeping the stadium full with passionate fans. The McNairs will still make money off the concession stands and Texans gear sold. Just my opinion.

One week first responders, next week low income families, next maybe honor roll students, etc.

Hell, fill the lower section by allowing fans to get a free upgrade of seats remain empty by the second half.
also it would be a huge boost in public relations. I could see large corporations wanting advertisement saying " we care" or something to that effect. On top of that it would just be a dadgum good thing to do.

No. Lol. These tickets need to be sold not given away… so how about they lower the prices and more fans will get themselves into those seats. I spent over $1500 on the Broncos game for four seats and pleasantries. Man… that’s a lot of cheese.

Broncos game was the first we had gone in a couple years. First… It was a loud stadium despite the sea of orange. I couldn’t believe how many Bronco fans were there. By far the most opposing fans I’ve ever seen in NRG or any stadium.

• Sad
Reactions: JB
Back