Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jacksonville Media Member Whines About Dirty Play

False Start

On # 69
Did anyone hear this d-bag Steve Wrigley, (a Jags reporter from Jacksonvile) on 610 earlier? He was talking mad **** about the Texans and said he wrote a letter about the Texans dirty play in Sundays game. What the hell buisness is it of his to pull this crap? :bat: :kubepalm:

Hello Houston!
Had a great time visiting your city last Sunday. I read coach Kubiak’s comments regarding the accusations the past two weeks about “dirty play”. Coach Kubiak says the Texans are not about to change the way they play. Enclosed is a picture of Brain Cushing with a fist to the throat of Blaine Gabbert and Duane Brown giving Clint Session, “the business”. Clint laughed it off but by the look in his eyes I think it is safe to say that Blaine did not enjoy the trip to Houston as much as I did. Is this the type of message you want to send to the youngsters playing football in Houston? Is this the type of sportmanship the NFL is all about?
Thanks for your time and consideration.
Sincerely,
Steve Wrigley
Sports Director, Action News Jacksonville

Heres the article in full

The interview should be up soon.

What a bunch of pucees! This is what one of their fans wrote in comment section.

Funny how he denied it, but the video shows him punching him. Looks like the Lions have competition for dirtest team in the NFL. The Texans won't get away with the dirty play next time because the refs will be looking for it.

The Texans and their fans look at the Jags as their big division rival. We as Jags fans consider the Titans as our rival and as do the Titans. The Texans are just starving to fit in the league since they are the only team in the NFL to never make the playoffs and they live in the Cowboys sadow.

Cant wait to kick their asses again.

baby.jpg

This is all I am hearing from that fan base.

I heard the last few minutes of this interview when I tuned back in around 2:30 this afternoon.

That guy was a tool with much sand in his vag. :roast:

New Jags mascot = :lion:

They are going to replay the audio here in a bit.

Jacksonville needs to tweak their logo:

jagscry0.png

its on in the next segment.

Dude....+rep if it will let me hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

That's the look and tears on their Jaguars face while Toro is tagging him from behind.....crying game style.

You know, there's nothing more manly than taking a whoopin' and then running home whining to your mommy that they were mean to us. :clap:

Come on, man ..... get some self respect Jags.

There are questionable plays by every team every week and we are no different, neither is Jacksonville. Quit whining, I'm sure some video of questionable Jags plays could be found as well.

The only people that are still talking about this "punch" are the media heads that have never stepped foot on the field. Brown didn't drive through with his fist, Sessions got up with no objection to what happened, and still had no objection after the game.

If the Ravens had beaten the Jags this "incident" and the whole game would be a non-issue. People in Jacksonville honestly thought they were about to turn their season around after that win but have now had their slim hopes crushed and are taking out all of their whining through this.

The only people that are still talking about this "punch" are the media heads that have never stepped foot on the field. Brown didn't drive through with his fist, Sessions got up with no objection to what happened, and still had no objection after the game.

If the Ravens had beaten the Jags this "incident" and the whole game would be a non-issue. People in Jacksonville honestly thought they were about to turn their season around after that win but have now had their slim hopes crushed and are taking out all of their whining through this.

Hey, that is EXACTLY the same thought I had about an hour ago. I couldn't figure out why this has gone on and one, and why the Jags said we were dirty, but then I realized the Ravens game gave them a false sense of confidence. That's what happened.

Also, they can't pat us on the head like little brothers anymore. And they are pissed.

Hey, that is EXACTLY the same thought I had about an hour ago. I couldn't figure out why this has gone on and one, and why the Jags said we were dirty, but then I realized the Ravens game gave them a false sense of confidence. That's what happened.

Also, they can't pat us on the head like little brothers anymore. And they are pissed.

Agreed. I can't wait till the Texans beat they azz again after the bye.

C'mon Mootini, most of your fans and press are better than this, no?? The Duane Brown (alleged) punch to Sessions, which he (Sessions) never reacted to and the Texans offensive line scheme are dirty??? Sucks being in the cellar, no? I can remember being there calling a bunch of your players dirty..... but not really!

Whatever Jagoff fans (not Mootini - he is a stand-up guy), we'll soon be playing our away Jags games in LA.

:bender:

I love how the Head Coach of the Jags "has no problem with the way they (Texans) play", but this cheeser sports-action beat writer takes notice..

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio didn't seem to understand why all of a sudden defensive tackle Terrance Knighton and defensive end Jeremy Mincey were upset with the Texans' offensive line.

"I don’t have a problem with the way they play," Del Rio said of the Houston Texans. "I think they play the same way every time. Their line, that’s how they’ve always blocked. That’s what they do. That’s really not new news to me. It shouldn’t be to them. They’ve played them enough in their career. We know what we’re getting when we play those guys."

Here's what Del Rio said about the hit (Cushing): "I think it’s one of those bang-bang plays in the league. The league has placed an emphasis on protecting players. He did slide feet first and with that you’re supposed to get protection. It was a bang-bang play. Those are the kinds of things that a few years ago would have been a non-issue you wouldn’t even be asking the question. Those things are often called and often fined and all that. So I’ll let the league worry about that. We’re glad our guy got up. That he returned to the game. There’s nothing significant going on there."

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blo...k-del-rio-doesnt-have-problem-how-texans-play

Amazing they are still on this, but actually I understand. It was their superbowl after all and the Texans just strolled right out there and won the game casually enough.

I listened to that interview this afternoon on 610 with Josh and Rich.
At first...I thought it was a joke maybe Josh was doing or a skit....but it was a actual interview with a Sports Director from Fox/CBS in Jacksonville...(wow 2 stations on same channel...go figure).
That was a total amount of bs coming out of his mouth. Give me a break. And the topper was he sent it to the NFL. That is funny.
I doubt that guy ever played in the NFL. I really think he made himself look like a dummy saying what he did.
Dirty....lol. Yeah....ok....it ok....it goes on every Sunday...

I do think it makes great bullentin board material for the game in November. Should be interesting to see what happens then....
Someone get some cheese.....cause he has a lot of whine.....

go to www.youtube.com type in THE WHINERS SNL

That is what I thought of .....:overreact:

Hopefully stuff like this keeps happening.

Folks always want to tear you down when you are doing well. The simple minded perceive you as a threat.

Haters gonna hate I guess.

I just want to know when all of a sudden we viewed the Jags as our biggest rival. Maybe competitively they have been throughout the years as we have had the most success against them but i'm pretty sure everyone here knows it's the Titans and i'm pretty sure the Titans hate us as much.

I just want to know when all of a sudden we viewed the Jags as our biggest rival. Maybe competitively they have been throughout the years as we have had the most success against them but i'm pretty sure everyone here knows it's the Titans and i'm pretty sure the Titans hate us as much.

Did Josh and Rich (whatever their names) say that? If so I missed it. I doubt anyone at least here on TT thinks of Jville as our biggest rival. That crown goes to Tennessee and I suspect always will. Unless, of course, Bud Selig tries to move us to the AL West.

Did Josh and Rich (whatever their names) say that? If so I missed it. I doubt anyone at least here on TT thinks of Jville as our biggest rival. That crown goes to Tennessee and I suspect always will. Unless, of course, Bud Selig tries to move us to the AL West.

It was quoted by mussop on the first page from some Jag fan in a comment somewhere. Just a jag fan justifying the ass kicking i'm sure. I just got a little irked when i read that.

While I agree Jacksonville is being bitches about this...I have to be objective at the same time...

The Texans (5-3) are 3-0 in the AFC South. The Jaguars (2-6) are 1-1 in the division with a victory over the lowly Indianapolis Colts (0-8).

:kubepalm: Oh Anna (You are pretty and all, but) ...The Jags haven't even played the Colts yet, their sole victory in the division is over the Titans. As a person in the media how could you miss something like that? Hell I can't even run smack to Jack fans with that article, because that's the only thing they're going to hang on.

It was quoted by mussop on the first page from some Jag fan in a comment somewhere. Just a jag fan justifying the ass kicking i'm sure. I just got a little irked when i read that.

Oh, of course....and I even read that. :bag:

Lol, that's a pretty arrogant and ignorant statement. You want to talk about a team that just doesn't seem to fit in the league...

610 is a crap station with terrible host and honestly I found the Jacksonville guy to be kind of funny. I don't care that he called the NFL about some of the plays last Sunday nor do I care that they are whining about it, but I found it funny when he took some shots at those clowns on 610.

610 is a crap station with terrible host and honestly I found the Jacksonville guy to be kind of funny. I don't care that he called the NFL about some of the plays last Sunday nor do I care that they are whining about it, but I found it funny when he took some shots at those clowns on 610.

610 sucks and all, but this was one of the few time that they had me laughing. They owned this clown. They made the guy look like a homer jackass, which is REALLY saying something. I found the guy to be funny too, but it was more of "I'm laughing at you funny". :lol: I can't believe he called the league. :kubepalm:

610 sucks and all, but this was one of the few time that they had me laughing. They owned this clown. They made the guy look like a homer jackass, which is REALLY saying something. I found the guy to be funny too, but it was more of "I'm laughing at you funny". :lol: I can't believe he called the league. :kubepalm:

Yes, they did own his simple-ass. That guy made a fool out of himself.

Jacksonville fans should be ashamed at this guy, and how their players reacted. I bet money Jack Del Rio is embarrassed. He comes off as a smash mouth kind of guy, who probably played rough when he was a player. He certainly coaches rough as a coach.

If I were a true sports fan in Jacksonville right now, I'd be ashamed.

If I were a true sports fan in Jacksonville right now, I'd be ashamed.

I've actually read some comments Jags fans have left on some of the ESPN articles, like Kuharsky's blog that ripped into Brown, saying they were indeed embarrassed how much run their media is giving this.

they were our partners in suckatude with neither team really having an honest shot at the division (for the most part of course)...that's the long and short of it from this fans perspective.

To me, rivals only really get to be honest to goodness big time rivalries when one team stops another team from something like a Division Championship, a playoff spot, or advancing in the playoffs. Until then its just a pissing match.

Boy the jaguars are the most whiny, bitchy 2-6 team ever. I got some news for Jacksonville, shut the **** up and quit whining because you guys are and always be irrelevant.

Does anyone know where I can get the pics/footage of the so called "dirty play(s)"

Ridiculous!

Here's the infamous "motherf_____" play. That was Keanu Gabbert with the MF-bomb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gw3oypRdLg

That wasn't the play where Cushing hit Gabbert on a feet-first slide. I can't remember now if it was before or after the "mf" play.

On the next link below go to the :30 mark, here's the hit that put Gabbert out for a series. This is what some Jags media are calling the turning point of sorts. You know, as if Payton Freaking Manning left the game??...:D :D The next play was the crazy turnover that ended with "the punch" (as the JAX media calls it). You can't see "the punch" on the highlights, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGvBAmvLGvY

EDIT:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011103001/2011/REG8/jaguars@texans#menu=highlights&tab=recap

This highlight, the one titled Sessions Sack-Fumble shows the reason for "the punch" better

I love how the Head Coach of the Jags "has no problem with the way they (Texans) play", but this cheeser sports-action beat writer takes notice..

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio didn't seem to understand why all of a sudden defensive tackle Terrance Knighton and defensive end Jeremy Mincey were upset with the Texans' offensive line.

"I don’t have a problem with the way they play," Del Rio said of the Houston Texans. "I think they play the same way every time. Their line, that’s how they’ve always blocked. That’s what they do. That’s really not new news to me. It shouldn’t be to them. They’ve played them enough in their career. We know what we’re getting when we play those guys."

Here's what Del Rio said about the hit (Cushing): "I think it’s one of those bang-bang plays in the league. The league has placed an emphasis on protecting players. He did slide feet first and with that you’re supposed to get protection. It was a bang-bang play. Those are the kinds of things that a few years ago would have been a non-issue you wouldn’t even be asking the question. Those things are often called and often fined and all that. So I’ll let the league worry about that. We’re glad our guy got up. That he returned to the game. There’s nothing significant going on there."

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blo...k-del-rio-doesnt-have-problem-how-texans-play

Jack Del Rio has always been a stand up coach +1 rep to JDR.

Not much of a SR610 fan, but their letter in response to Wrigley's letter is pretty good stuff:

We have visited your city multiple times. And when we weren’t busy counting mullets, Confederate flags and watching old people crash cars into convenience stores, we were seeking cover and trying to not get shot.

Coach Gary Kubiak says the Texans (5-3, 3-0 in AFC South) will not change the way they play. Unfortunately for your city, coach Jack Del Rio has not said the Jaguars (2-6, 1-1 in AFC South) will change the way they play, either. It’s impossible, especially when you have a future bust and softy at quarterback – as well as receivers picked out of a trash heap – powering your offense.

But we digress.

Below is a video of Terrance Knighton hitting Drew Brees late. Yikes.

Link to video

Steve Wrigley, sports director at Action News in Jacksonville, told SportsRadio 610 that he hadn’t seen dirty play from the Jaguars all year. We have no choice but to assume he’s not really keeping up with his team.

But is that the kind of message you want to send to the youngsters playing football in Jacksonville? Is this the type of sportsmanship the NFL is all about?

Maybe this question will hit home with you all in that part of Florida. What would Tim Tebow the saint do?

While we’re on the subject of being an example to America’s youth – and we’d honestly be surprised if you have any kids in your 875-square-mile-senior-center of a city- here are some additional points to consider and questions to ask yourselves:

- Is Blaine Gabbert yelling a certain profane word that starts with “mother” a good message for the children? Come on, man.

- While we are on the Gabbert subject – is playing quarterback like he does a standard you want your children to live up to? Because we think stinking it up on the field for 60 minutes every Sunday seems to be the easier option for some of you.

- In the movie Bambi, Thumper said: “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” Well, Terrance Knighton said he hates Houstonand hates the Texans. OUR FEELINGS OUR HURT. WE ARE WRITING A LETTER TO THE NFL DEMANDING COMPENSATION.

- Debate class 101: If you make a claim or announce a bold opinion, like the one Terrance Knighton stated about the Texans being arrogant, back it up with evidence when asked about it. Knighton, your argument is lacking, and we rule it an epic failure on your part.

- Is whining after a loss in Houston (Jaguars players) or crying about something Houstonians alledgedly want for children (Wrigley) acceptable? We guess it’s okay, but those actions are on you.

We hope these points will encourage the Jaguars, Wrigley and all the other members of the Jacksonville Football Moms Club to reconsider their anger at those meanie Texans.

But, most importantly, we urge Steve Wrigley to man up.

Sincerely,

The guys from the J&R show on SportsRadio 610 in Houston

:yes:

Link

Forgive me for bringing up old stuff but, didn't Guy Whimper throw a punch towards Ravens LB Ayanbedejo that didn't get flagged, and the Ravens player retaliated and got ejected?

Does that make the Ravens a better fanbase for not whining uncontrollably about a punch that didn't get flagged?

I listen to 610 quite a bit, and though not the biggest fan of theirs most of the time (J&R), I did enjoy this segment and the ones that followed on the topic of this Steve Wrigley fella and his open letter... The main reason I enjoyed all of this was that for the first time as a Texans fan I felt the whole "Ahhh, it feels good to be on top.." feeling, which let's face it, Jaxoff isn't complaining if we're just another well, Jaxoffsville (English scholars: how bad of a run-on sentence was that? And is it run-on, or run-off? And do you find it "weird" that "weird" does not fall under "I before E unless after C"? And why/why not?)...

Now sure, it can all go downhill with bigger injuries that shall not be named, or the Texans can remember they've been living in a suck culture there "on Kirby" (for you, Larry in Stafford) and resort back to it, but I've just never had this feeling as a Texans fan...

Also, and I think someone brought it up already on the board, look who's not talking about us being dirty: Steelers... Ravens... That has to put a big ole smile on your face when you think about it that way, seeing who those teams are and how one team's star defender has been out since a helmet-to-helmet collision with one of our linemen in question...

Too much left of this season and I won't be content just yet, but damn it's got me feeling good...

Great response to Steve Wrigley. I watched the next play on the video and N.O. came within an eyelash of getting a touchdown. When it looked like a TD they was a lot of happy noise at the Tarp Center.

That was one of the things I thought they left Wrigley off the hook about. So that stadium holds 80,000 without the tarp and the team pretty much sees that as an impossible number to put into the venue, enter the tarp. The Houston guys should have harped on that. How most cities, Houston included, would probably sell 80,000 tix if that's what the stadium could hold, just no way they could in Jacksonville without the enemy that travels well.

The games with Jacksonville have been chippy since about 2003. Not sure why their media is just now picking up on it. I will never forget one of their special teams players taking out our punt returner on a fair catch and later admitting the obvious and saying it was intentional and he had done it to pump his team up. Carr used to chirp with Stroud and Henderson all game long. Our games with Tennessee have escalated to this level only recently imo.

Back