Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

KEYE to show all Texans games...

hookinreds

Veteran
Haven't seen it but was listening to 610 over the internet and they just said that Austin is "over Vince" as KEYE will not be showing the Titans games and will show all Texans games this year. :kingkong: As soon as I confirm it, I'm going to make sure and send a thank you. If I can send the hate mail, I can send a thank you as well.

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
Don't get too excited just yet. Some of VY's worshippers are coming out of the woodwork after listening to their idol's prophecies yesterday of greatness, being the next black QB to win the SB, and being a shoe in for the Hall of Fame.

VY uttering those things is a sign that they will happen because "if Vince utters it must come to pass without fail". (2 Vincelations 3:5)

Stemp

Brew Master
They'll change their tune if Vince gets the starters role again and manages not to lose the game.

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
I hate to say it but we're getting picked up because we're expected to win this year. We're generating a lot of buzz around the league. If the Texans open flat again, we'll be dropped from the listings. I believe that.

It's all up to the Texans to win. Win and you'll prosper.

GP

Go Texans!
I hate to say it but we're getting picked up because we're expected to win this year. We're generating a lot of buzz around the league. If the Texans open flat again, we'll be dropped from the listings. I believe that.

It's all up to the Texans to win. Win and you'll prosper.
CORRECT.

That's how it happens up here where I live.

They start off showing the Texans games on local CBS...then we get dropped for other games that the network thinks will draw more viewers.

Never, ever, ever believe that a local affiliate will show you wire-to-wire Texans games. They are loyal to advertisers FIRST, and the advertisers will want the affiliate to put up games that they think more viewers will watch.

My religion: God and NFL Sunday Ticket.

hookinreds

Veteran
Yall absolutely right and I received a response stating as much...but as of this moment, they have "us" penciled in, not someone else.

As of today we will show Texans games...I believe it's 13 or 14 of the 16. The only two or three we aren't showing are on FOX or an ESPN/NBC game.

I will say this - the schedule is subject to change. But as of today, that is our plan.

That said - I don't believe we've had this plan in place in the last few years.

Thanks for the email - and please don't ever hesitiate to email me if you have any questions!

Bob Ballou
Sports Director, KEYE-TV
(512) 490-2172
bballou@keyetv.com

DiehardChris

You betcha!
Let's not get too excited. KEYE had always planned on showing Texans games until the Texans started stinking it up. If things go a certain way, the plug will be pulled again, to be sure.

DiehardChris

You betcha!
All 13 games that aren't on FOX or ESPN...no conflicts with the Cowgirls on Fox those dates either!
Actually there is one conflict.

The first FOX game is on October 25.... but one is at noon and one is at 315. Luckily FOX has the doubleheader that Sunday, so assuming FOX will show the Texans and not the game of the week - that one will be fine.

However, on December 13, the Texans and Cowboys both play on FOX - also one at noon and one at 315 - however that Sunday - CBS has the doubleheader, meaning that FOX can only show one game that day and you know which one they're going to pick. So we won't be seeing SEA @ HOU in Austin... instead they will show SD @ DAL.

So, if KEYE does what they say they're going to do - the ONLY game (including pre-season) that we won't see in Austin is SEA @ HOU on Dec. 13.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Yall absolutely right and I received a response stating as much...but as of this moment, they have "us" penciled in, not someone else.

As of today we will show Texans games...I believe it's 13 or 14 of the 16. The only two or three we aren't showing are on FOX or an ESPN/NBC game.

I will say this - the schedule is subject to change. But as of today, that is our plan.

Thanks for the email - and please don't ever hesitiate to email me if you have any questions!

Bob Ballou
Sports Director, KEYE-TV
(512) 490-2172
bballou@keyetv.com
Let me just say I'm trilled about the news. I never/shouldn't have to call, e-mail, and generally act a fool to KEYE while I'm watching an online feed that comes and goes, this thrills me to no end.

However, the part in bold is awfully irritating to read for me because one major point of contention during the exchanges I've had with Gary & Co. is I believe they have final say on who is shown. (hey!, no Gary!! I just realized that, whay a country!).

Some of you might disagree with that, point taken in advance, but now KEYE is inferring credit for the Texan-friendly schedule.

Shoot, if that's the worst thing that happens today I did good. Great news. *sigh*

BigWig

Bigimus Wigimus
Notice this guys name " Bob Ballou" wasnt there a tv character named " babbalou" or was that the monkey in Jungle Book?
Hmmmmmmm maybe we should not trust this guy too much.:specnatz:

Bob Ballou
Sports Director, KEYE-TV
(512) 490-2172
bballou@keyetv.com

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
This is great news. I'm telling everyone I know.

Non-fans of the Texans should at least be intrigued with seeing the best receiver and defensive end in the league. That alone should keep ratings afloat.

Buffi2

Veteran
Notice this guys name " Bob Ballou" wasnt there a tv character named " babbalou" or was that the monkey in Jungle Book?
:
Cat Ballou - a movie with Jane Fonda (who played Cat) and Lee Marvin - played a perfect drunk. Good movie, in its time. Probably still is.

DiehardChris

You betcha!
Hmmmmmmm maybe we should not trust this guy too much.:specnatz:
He's a good guy. I've had email exchanges with him - but he actually has nothing at all to do with this. It's the programming director/programming department that has the hammer. He's in charge of the sports content for the station, but not the programs the station shows.

Spike

Waterboy
Nice - I was thinking about investing in Sling Box so I could get games on my computer.

With a new baby...I can't count on getting to the Tavern or Third Base this year.

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
For any of you in Austin like me, you know that we Texans fans are usually stuck going to a sports bar to watch games because the CBS station here would rather play titan games hoping for a chance to ride VY's jock. I just looked at the KEYE schedule for next week for our game against KC, and surprise surprise, Airwolf will be shown instead. That's right...f-ing AIRWOLF. So, any media savvy people here in town happen to know if the Texans will be getting the lions share of TV this year in Austin or is it same old same old? If it is the same old story, I recommend 3rd Base on Mopac and 6th, really nice and they usually have the Texans games on the big screen in the back. Just a suggestion, I'll be there if the games aren't on TV, but really, really hoping that they are. Anybody know more than me on this?

:fans::fans::fans::fans:

Spled

Rookie
If Vince is the backup in Tennessee, you will probably be getting Titans games again, with the faithful hoping that Collins gets injured. The weird part will be if Vince is third string under Ramsey and you still get Tennessee games. What if Vince gets traded to someone like Seattle, does that mean Austin will follow the Seahawks?

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
KEYE will be showing all the Texans games this season. They made that announcement about a week ago although I take everything they say with a grain of salt. Maybe someone could point this fellow to that thread. I don't have cut n paste capabilities on my phone otherwise I would have done it myself.

We're also discussing avenues for our watch parties. We've always gone to 3rd Base in the past. Voice yourself in that thread. Glad to see another fellow Austinite Texans fan! Personally. I'm lobbying against 3rd Base. It's time for new blood!

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
Hey NitroHonda, yeah, I've actually met you up at 3rd base before and I know why you are lobbying against them and I feel you on that as I understand the situation. You may remember me or not, I used to go by H-Town Balla #90 on this board but lost all my log in stuff and just set this one up new. I just haven't found another bar that was half way decent and has the Texans on a decent screen. If you guys can point me in the direction of a better watch party that would be cool, but if the games are on that would be sweet too. I wonder why they aren't showing some of the pre-season games on TV.

Texaninlild

Veteran
The Dallas affilliate hates the Texans also. I sent them an email only for them to tell me it is not their decision.

GuerillaBlack

Hall of Fame
I'm moving up to Arlington in a week or so. Do they televise Texan games up there?
They do sometimes. We got a few this year. They air them also when the Texans game is real competitive and the game they are showing starts sucking. For example, they turned on the Titans at Texans game last year in the fourth quarter.

Texaninlild

Veteran
I'm moving up to Arlington in a week or so. Do they televise Texan games up there?

Uh no. I was just chatting with ArlingtonTexan to see if there is a home or bar to watch the games up here this year. I have a great TV, but I have U-Verse, thus no NFL Package.

DiehardChris

You betcha!
For any of you in Austin like me, you know that we Texans fans are usually stuck going to a sports bar to watch games because the CBS station here would rather play titan games hoping for a chance to ride VY's jock. I just looked at the KEYE schedule for next week for our game against KC, and surprise surprise, Airwolf will be shown instead. That's right...f-ing AIRWOLF. So, any media savvy people here in town happen to know if the Texans will be getting the lions share of TV this year in Austin or is it same old same old? If it is the same old story, I recommend 3rd Base on Mopac and 6th, really nice and they usually have the Texans games on the big screen in the back. Just a suggestion, I'll be there if the games aren't on TV, but really, really hoping that they are. Anybody know more than me on this?

:fans::fans::fans::fans:
There's some more specific information in the KEYE thread here.

Long story short - there will only be one Texans game not shown in Austin in 2009, assuming KEYE follows through. The explanation for all of that is in the above link.

It's nice to only have one game to have to make alternate plans for.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
We're also discussing avenues for our watch parties. We've always gone to 3rd Base in the past. Voice yourself in that thread. Glad to see another fellow Austinite Texans fan! Personally. I'm lobbying against 3rd Base. It's time for new blood!
I recommended a new location in this thread:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63270

Other than telling me it's too far north, let me know what you think.

barrett

All Pro
so um... maybe this isn't a good time to bring this up but I wonder if anyone will still want to go out and make some noise if all the games are televised. our best turn out ever was two years ago when we weren't on t.v..

if we start fast, (and I understand peoples feelings if we don't) I'm excited to think about what that road game will be like if we're 4-0 or 3-1 going into the Cards game. can anyone ever forget Schaub's second game against Carolina at 3rd Base?

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I just looked at the KEYE schedule for next week for our game against KC, and surprise surprise, Airwolf will be shown instead. That's right...f-ing AIRWOLF.
I'll be in Austin (Round Rock, actually) next weekend. :brickwall:

I will buy a beer per quarter to the member who finds a place to watch the Texans/Chiefs in Austin next weekend. :beer:

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
I'll be in Austin (Round Rock, actually) next weekend. :brickwall:

I will buy a beer per quarter to the member who finds a place to watch the Texans/Chiefs in Austin next weekend. :beer:
Well, if it is not on TV, I will be at Pluckers in Round Rock watching it. There are a few of us on here that end up at that spot.

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
so um... maybe this isn't a good time to bring this up but I wonder if anyone will still want to go out and make some noise if all the games are televised. our best turn out ever was two years ago when we weren't on t.v..

if we start fast, (and I understand peoples feelings if we don't) I'm excited to think about what that road game will be like if we're 4-0 or 3-1 going into the Cards game. can anyone ever forget Schaub's second game against Carolina at 3rd Base?
That was a great day and the driving force behind me continuing to watch games at Third Base despite my beef with them. What a day! I'd never had so much fun with so many complete strangers.

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
I'm just a few miles from that Pluckers. I'll be there if it's not on my telly.
Cool, I thought you might make it. Hookinreds and DCTxTech are there usually when they are not on local TV. Also several other fans that are not on this board are there. Who knows with preseason. One thing is for sure, I will NOT be missing this game since I will probably miss pre-season week 2 for a family gathering out of town.

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
Sweet. Just googled it and Pluckers is only 2.7 miles from my sister's place.
Great wings, great environment too! The game will be on for sure, I have never had a problem getting them to show it (usually on the bigger TV's), I know alot of the staff up there, if the cowboys are playing we might not get sound would be the only thing, sometimes they divide it up and give the Texans sound outside and cowpies inside, etc.

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
I just check the cowgirls schedule, they play the Thursday before so no conflict. It will be on like popcorn.

Of course I don't know why it wouldn't be on locally though? Maybe it's a really good episode of Airwolf.

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
Great wings, great environment too! The game will be on for sure, I have never had a problem getting them to show it (usually on the bigger TV's), I know alot of the staff up there, if the cowboys are playing we might not get sound would be the only thing, sometimes they divide it up and give the Texans sound outside and cowpies inside, etc.
Your sound beef is falling on Deaf ears.

Ever thought of asking them to turn on the closed captioning when no sound is being pumped through? It'd be different but at least you'll understand SOMETHING. I'll be making sure they flip on the captions fror one TV. One TV is all I need...

Either way, sounds like you just won yourself 4 beers! Way to go!

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
Your sound beef is falling on Deaf ears.

Ever thought of asking them to turn on the closed captioning when no sound is being pumped through? It'd be different but at least you'll understand SOMETHING. I'll be making sure they flip on the captions fror one TV. One TV is all I need...

Either way, sounds like you just won yourself 4 beers! Way to go!
They have went out of the way to put the sound on one way or the other for me. As far as CC, last season we talked about this a little bit on here ( you may recall) and I spoke to them about it, and they said it wouldn't be a problem.

It sounds like we might have a little party :brando:

hookinreds

Veteran
They have went out of the way to put the sound on one way or the other for me. As far as CC, last season we talked about this a little bit on here ( you may recall) and I spoke to them about it, and they said it wouldn't be a problem.

It sounds like we might have a little party :brando:
I'm at the beach in Gulf Shores Alabama all this week with a stop over on the way back in New Orleans...so I'll be peeking in on the score from somewhere on Bourbon Street. I'll be at Pluckers from more games than just the ones not shown. I'll be watching them some from the house, but like hanging out there and watching it with some rowdies. Besides, my poor Bronco fan buddy needs some place to watch his games too so I "volunteer" to go with him. The bartender and manager are Htown fans too if I remember correctly, so we've been given an even share of the top TVs. The Cowgirl's have been getting the inside and Texans on the outside, which I prefer anyway becuase I'm not quiet.

rickyb

Scarlet is hot.
That was a great day and the driving force behind me continuing to watch games at Third Base despite my beef with them. What a day! I'd never had so much fun with so many complete strangers.
Frackin' right! That game experience was simply solid. A stand-out. I look fwd to getting out to some games again this year.

DiehardChris

You betcha!
I'll never forget how awesome an experience Third Base was for the Panthers/Texans game in 2007. That place was LOUD, and we were making so much noise scaring the hell out of the people in the adjacent room who weren't watching the Texans game.