Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Mancave/TV room almost complete

Heath Shuler

SPEED KILLS
Last November I started a thread about what I was going to do w/ my winnings if I won my 2 fantasy leagues. Well I won one and came in third in the other (damn you Jamal Charles, or I would have won them both).

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102999

So it's still a work in progress (need some more sports/cars/Jeep memorabilia). And I currently have seating for 7 but I'm looking at other options to increase. The TVs are: 1-55 inch, 2-50 inch and 1-40 inch (I didn't get the Seiki). Like I said it's a work in progress but so far I'm pretty please with how it has turned out.

My Dad and I have been season ticket holders since day one (we still are) but he's had some health issues lately and has not felt like going to the games. So this will help lessen the blow of not attending the games, but he and I (and as many neighbors/friends we can squeeze in) will be watching together.

Bw4jK6yCIAEposl.jpg:large

Bw4jNwjCcAA7tCS.jpg:large

Bw4jRI7CAAALi7A.jpg:large

:fans:

the geeks among you want to know what hardware you decided on and what toys you have
:D

the geeks among you want to know what hardware you decided on and what toys you have

I only bought two new ones and none of them have any bells and whistles (no smart TV, 3d, etc):

the top TV is Insignia 55" - LED - 1080p - 120Hz - HDTV and I'm really pleased w the picture quality especially for the price.

the bottom right is a Samsung 51" plasma which looked like dog crap in the store until I adjusted the settings. It was on sale for about $300.

The old ones are:
the bottom left is a 50" Samsung plasma which is at least 5 years old and still running strong. Also it is built like a tank. When I was installing the TVs all of the other TVs I could pretty much handle by my self; not this one.

the bottom middle is a 40" Westinghouse LCD.

All of the TVs are connected to Directv.

toys? do you mean other than the TVs :)

What I want to know is where his toys are. I can't imagine dedicating a garage to this although I think it's really cool.

Thanks. This isn't my garage; it is a game room upstairs that my daughter kinda had free rein over (and wasn't real thrilled about my plan originally) :)

I only bought two new ones and none of them have any bells and whistles (no smart TV, 3d, etc):

the top TV is Insignia 55" - LED - 1080p - 120Hz - HDTV and I'm really pleased w the picture quality especially for the price.

the bottom right is a Samsung 51" plasma which looked like dog crap in the store until I adjusted the settings. It was on sale for about $300.

The old ones are:
the bottom left is a 50" Samsung plasma which is at least 5 years old and still running strong. Also it is built like a tank. When I was installing the TVs all of the other TVs I could pretty much handle by my self; not this one.

the bottom middle is a 40" Westinghouse LCD.

All of the TVs are connected to Directv.

toys? do you mean other than the TVs :)
Yes, like Xbox or PlayStations, etc., etc...

And I'm totally digging those sale prices you scored.

Yes, like Xbox or PlayStations, etc., etc...

And I'm totally digging those sale prices you scored.

Damn y'all think small. I'm talking cars, bikes, bikes (the other kind), hunting gear, paintball gear, crawfish pot and burner.....

You know, the essentials.

Damn y'all think small. I'm talking cars, bikes, bikes (the other kind), hunting gear, paintball gear, crawfish pot and burner.....

I figured you were talking bikes when you said garage.
I must confess that paintball gear or crawfish fixin' gear didn't enter my mind at all

I'm just interested - for the sake of this convo - in outfitting the man-cave

Speaking of cars I'm on the hunt for a 650i ragtop...
not new, I ain't rich; but something stylish for my retirement road trips.

I figured you were talking bikes when you said garage.
but I'm just interested - for the sake of this convo - in outfitting the man-cave

Speaking of cars I'm on the hunt for a 650i ragtop...
not new, I ain't rich; but something stylish for my retirement road trips.

Dude if you're retiring go classic. You aren't carrying kids.

tom_911-2.jpg

Heavy was invented by BMW. Rails were invented by Porsche.

Dude if you're retiring go classic. You aren't carrying kids.

tom_911-2.jpg

Heavy was invented by BMW. Rails were invented by Porsche.
thought about those. The only Porsches that will hold my golf clubs are four door models. And a four door Porsche is just wrong.

thought about those. The only Porsches that will hold my golf clubs are four door models. And a four door Porsche is just wrong.

That's not true. Trust me. I've been there. I've had two bicycles in one. Cop who pulled me on the way to Beaumont just chuckled and walked away.

Maybe there is a god. It's game day and I can smell bbq from my balcony.

That's not true. Trust me. I've been there. I've had two bicycles in one. Cop who pulled me on the way to Beaumont just chuckled and walked away.

Maybe there is a god. It's game day and I can smell bbq from my balcony.
two bikes?
Where?
Not in the trunk... even with the wheels off I can't see you getting two bikes in the trunk of a 911

two bikes?
Where?
Not in the trunk... even with the wheels off I can't see you getting two bikes in the trunk of a 911

As should be a standard line for girls...no really, let me show you. But the point is great car you can get steals on. And Porsche owners are anal, they'll have every receipt ever.

As should be a standard line for girls...no really, let me show you. But the point is great car you can get steals on. And Porsche owners are anal, they'll have every receipt ever.
True on all points.
I'll keep an eye out.
but, it'll have to pass a fit check.

...heh heh

True on all points.
I'll keep an eye out.
but, it'll have to pass a fit check.

...heh heh

Seriously though, the motors will make you fall in love and the handling is a beautiful challenge that makes any twistie a joy. BMW is a germanically functional car. Porsche is where they let loose.

I can do garage pics.

My toy:

Bw7-jsxCYAAyJvu.jpg

my wife got a new convertible that is pretty fun to drive, not a GT but we got a really good deal on it with the new body style coming out.

Bw7-op4CMAIVi-c.jpg

Hey Heath, you guys don't ever consume any alcoholic beverages down there do you ? But that looks like a real nice setup where you can enjoy the games.

Getting ready to embark on the man cave journey as soon as my home is finished. Noticed you had 4 TV's on the wall with no wires showing...Did you have all that prewired into your home from the jump or did you have to get an electrician out to hook that up for ya? Other than that, looks cool dude and i imagine from about mid August to January, your family doesn't even know you exist on weekends...absolutely no reason to go downstairs except to get to your car to go on beer and food runs!!

Getting ready to embark on the man cave journey as soon as my home is finished. Noticed you had 4 TV's on the wall with no wires showing...Did you have all that prewired into your home from the jump or did you have to get an electrician out to hook that up for ya? Other than that, looks cool dude and i imagine from about mid August to January, your family doesn't even know you exist on weekends...absolutely no reason to go downstairs except to get to your car to go on beer and food runs!!

Thanks

That wall connects to my attic so I was able to do all of the wiring myself. I did it last summer and it was super hot when I was doing it, but I kept thinking about how it would turn out while I was sweating my ass off up there :cool:

It's a pretty popular spot during the season, especially with the degenerates and fantasy football nuts :shades:

newest addition:

CGSkKePUgAAYeF8.jpg

Bill O'Brien was signing for free Friday at the Tristar show. Alfred Blue was also signing Friday, so I got a mini helmet from him.
:fans:

Excellent!

Wait...? What do you mean "signing for free?" I thought folks only got in the sign-for-pay bunch after retirement..??

Back