Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Official Texans vs Panthers- Austin Watch Party- Please sticky!

BigWig

Bigimus Wigimus
Here it is again folks. Its almost game time and coming off a strong win and a gr8 showing at 3rd base lets rev it up a notch.
We should have an even better turn out due to the season ticket holders arriving and joining in the Austin fan revolution.
We need to be loud and be proud and show everyone that we will not go away or without a good fight, especially that local tv station we all have heard about. For those of you who need a reminder visit www.keye42sucks.com:mail:
For those that are new we will be here www.3rdbaseaustin.com
I would like to get someone to pull front man and get there at 11 am and setup the back room for us like last week, and I will try tp be there at 11 also.
So lets tame those cats and bring home a second win!
Dont forget to sign as for roll call so we know how many are coming!
PS in case you want to know the team is wearing white jerseys!:texflag:

Roll call so far:
BigWig
Kaiser Toro
hookinreds +3
Axman40
Nitrohonda +2
diehardchris
Texansfan1 + 2=3
barrett + 2 or 3
specnatz
rockabilly + 2 or 3
ensign lee
atxlaurie +2
rickyb
fredaustex

hookinreds

Veteran
Moving to this weeks Watch Party thread:

mbarnes@kvue.com; Roger.Wallace@kxan.com (the other stations were generic forms)

Ok...I just invited the Sports Directors from Austin affiliates of Fox, NBC, and ABC and Channel 8 to the watch party.

The Austin Chapter of the Houston Texans Fan Club would like to invite you to the game this Sunday at 3rd Base http://www.thirdbaseaustin.com/. We are extending an invitation to you and your staff to meet the heart of the Texan fan base here in the Austin area.

As you know, the Houston Texans are not being broadcast locally by one of your competing stations as they would rather broadcast the Tennessee Titans. To them Neilson ratings are 100% responsible for their programming schedule, despite our close proximity to the team located in the same state 150 miles down the road. I can appreciate the fact that your marketing department uses these rating to drive advertising dollars as well, and those dollars make a successful business. However, overlooking the local team is ridiculous. I wonder how the local advertisers would feel to have their products put to the side in favor of a national product? I guess they will find out soon enough as we let them know how displease we are with the station they choose to spend their advertising dollar. That other station has said that they were the “Home of the Texans”, lie. They stated that they would broadcast the first game of the season and go from there, but I guess we all know how that turn into another lie. Then they claim that the Texans will get even time, but that is only because they are “forced” to show the games in weeks 3, 4 and 5 because the Titans play on Monday night in week 3, are off in week 4 and will be on the NFC broadcast for week 5. They are doing no one any favors, only filling the gap left open by the Titans with the Texans feed. We don’t accept the fact that the Texans are gap fillers. The team has changed. We have removed the one thing that has kept the team from progressing and replaced it with a real quarterback. In addition, our offense and defense has a year under its coaching crew and is playing with pride, respect and following it up with results.

3rd Base opens at 11am and the Texan fans will be pouring through the doors shortly thereafter. Come on by, even if it’s just for a short time and meet the people behind the story, but you better come early if you want a seat!

DiehardChris

You betcha!
I'll be there - but probably alone this time. Hopefully someone will let me sit at their table or whatever.

GREAT JOB with all the organization, guys. I can't wait! Sunday was great - this week's gonna be even better!

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
I'll be there - but probably alone this time. Hopefully someone will let me sit at their table or whatever.

GREAT JOB with all the organization, guys. I can't wait! Sunday was great - this week's gonna be even better!
Being a Texans fan is a prerequisite for sitting at our table. You're more than welcome to sit at ours. Any Texan fan is. Just look for the couple flapping their hands all over the place.

*We're Deaf*

ATRAIN

ATX TEXANS FAN
Being a Texans fan is a prerequisite for sitting at our table. You're more than welcome to sit at ours. Any Texan fan is. Just look for the couple flapping their hands all over the place.

*We're Deaf*

Someone save me a seat my roomates are cowboys and vince posers so im all on my own. Chris we can start our own table. Ill be wearing a Battle Red Astros shirt with the first Texans draft trucker hat.

barrett

All Pro
I'll be there for sure. Maybe +1 (it depends on if my wife leaves me for Brett Favre at Billy's bar. (i never should have bought her that Favre jersey!) Maybe more though, maybe just me. Lets say just me and I'll update it if I find out more.

I am planning on being there early. I don't know if I'll be there first but I should be there early. I wasn't there last week so I'm not sure where we're setting up. Spec, from the bar where we sat for the Az game where is the room? Is it strait back towards the west wall? If I do end up being there first I'll get the place situated. I'll be wearing a simple blue Texans -T and looking nervous or giddy.

We've got a big time test this week lets hope we play up to our capabilities!

b

rickyb

Scarlet is hot.
I'm still not sure if I can make it. The Wife works this weekend, leaving me to play man coverage on The Boy (5+ month old). I do not have a babysitter....yet.

Someone please get there early (11am), and chat up Bill, the A/V Manager. He's been very supportive of our efforts.

Rick

Specnatz

Hall of Fame
I thought you were going fishing?:bat:
I could go so many directions with this .......... but I will be polite.

I'm still not sure if I can make it. The Wife works this weekend, leaving me to play man coverage on The Boy (5+ month old). I do not have a babysitter....yet.

Someone please get there early (11am), and chat up Bill, the A/V Manager. He's been very supportive of our efforts.

Rick
I will be there early.

rickyb

Scarlet is hot.

Rick
Hell yeah. I just hooked up the best babysitter in the world.

I am so there (3B, that is). :shades:

Too bad I won't be drinking, though. I still gotta pick up The Boy after the game, after all. MAN --- I cannot wait until the little guy is old enough to join me. Being a dad rocks the house, big time. :)

Looking forward to meeting some more folks, too. Nitro & family, DieHardC., etc. etc.

Spec -- did you want to place a beer side bet on the Pick Em total this week? Save me a seat, amigo. I'll arrive around 11:30, 11:45.

Late,
Rick

BigWig

Bigimus Wigimus
Dude, I can totally relate. I have an adopted daughter forn another country and its awesome being a dad.

ATRAIN

ATX TEXANS FAN
Man I can't wait till sunday, im excited to meet all of you guys and fellow Texans fans. Even though its friday and I shouldnt be thinking about Sunday, it couldnt come soon enough.

hookinreds

Veteran
Too bad we can't tailgate at 3rd Base before they open the doors. That would be cool...crazy, but cool.

But then again, going to jail sucks.

Specnatz

Hall of Fame
Hell yeah. I just hooked up the best babysitter in the world.

I am so there (3B, that is). :shades:

Too bad I won't be drinking, though. I still gotta pick up The Boy after the game, after all. MAN --- I cannot wait until the little guy is old enough to join me. Being a dad rocks the house, big time. :)

Looking forward to meeting some more folks, too. Nitro & family, DieHardC., etc. etc.

Spec -- did you want to place a beer side bet on the Pick Em total this week? Save me a seat, amigo. I'll arrive around 11:30, 11:45.

Late,
Rick

Sure we can do that, let me know what ya want to do and who ya got.

Too bad we can't tailgate at 3rd Base before they open the doors. That would be cool...crazy, but cool.

But then again, going to jail sucks.
Well I nominate you to do it and tell us how it goes. I am sure the cheese sandwhiches can't be all that bad. :pirate:

HuttoKarl

Veteran
I was listening to the Zone this morning and heard an ad for 3rd Base...seems that maybe a well-timed call or email to E. Hogan is in order to invite other Texans fans to 3rd Base on Sundays.

I live in Houston but will be in San Marcos celebrating my girlfriend's birthday. There is a good chance we will make it to the bar for the watch party.

hookinreds

Veteran
I live in Houston but will be in San Marcos celebrating my girlfriend's birthday. There is a good chance we will make it to the bar for the watch party.
Bring 'em all! Make sure everyone knows your an out of towner, it will be great to see who making the road trip.:fans:

H-Town Balla#90

Practice Squad
got dangit i wish i could go this week!!!!!!! we were so rowdy last time, i can't imagine this time with more people......i will definetly be there again for another game though!!!! you guys raise some hell!!!!!!!!

:d:

Joe Texan

Inducted 04
Hey guys I went on 610 the John McLain hour las night and said

Keye 42 in Austin is going to show the Tennessee Titans instead of the Texans, I got the him hawing of the radio nuts and went on to say every last Texan fan needs to go to KEYE42sucks.com and email Gary Vinson to flod his Server with Texan Fans. Of course I got "why dont you call an austin radio station From Rich far from the Lord but at least I got the website out on houston radio.

Just trying to help in beautifying the Texas television waves

Texanator

Rabid Brahma
I'm still not sure if we'll be in town or not. We are supposed to go look at some property on the coast and not sure if we'll be back in time. If not, someone will have to make a bunch of extra noise to make up for my absence. If however I am in town I'll be there bright and early.:fans: :fans: :fans:

ATRAIN

ATX TEXANS FAN
It has been great. I believe there at least 100 fans here. Keye still sucks. :texflag:
I had a great time and ill be there next week. I think I lost my voice hahaha. Nice to meet some of you guys, will be there next when we attempt to stomp the Colts and go 3-0!!!:fans:

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
I had an amazing time as well as Mary Jane and my boy! Some of you guys were giving me funny looks though. I'm loud and I won't apologize for that! Oh yeah. Loud.

It was so great meeting many of you guys. Hookinred, Kaiser Toro, Specnatz, Axman, and so on and on. I loved that Asian guy who was sitting next to me. No idea who he was. Can't lipread Asians. No lips to read but if he reads this, THANKS SO MUCH FOR BEING SO NICE TO MY BOY! I'd be proud to sit next to you anyday. You all rocked! We represented Texan nation with pride. I couldn't be any prouder of us all. Good job.

Third Base was great but there are a few kinks and I'm going back over there to meet up with the GM and try to get the closed captioning working properly. I could have done it today but I didn't want to take the game away from anyone. We missed the opening kickoff because they were trying to turn it on. Some guys were a little visually... peeved. For that, I apologize. I'll be going in during a slow period sometime this week and get it sorted out.

Houston, we have a four game winning streak. Yes! FOUR!

Oh yeah...

K-EYE SUCKS!
K-EYE SUCKS!!
K-EYE SUCKS!!!

rickyb

Scarlet is hot.
Nitro -- it was good to meet you at the end of the game. I was the guy in the Hula Hut shirt who signed "sweet". (Sorry, that is about the extent of my signing, other than "beer." And of course, "sweet beer".)

Ax -- great to meet you. Sorry if I have to put a fantasy football beat down on you this week. you understand. :bat:

KT -- great hanging with you. You are addicted to the web, my friend. (KT was wireless during the WHOLE GAME.) KT was also the guy standing up leading us in a "FIRST DOWN" chant, which we got to do A LOT. Thanks for the real-time stats

Corey --- thanks for supporting the cause, brutha. Hope to see you out again.

Rockabilly was rocking the hizzy. Great meeting you, O.

Nick --- well, you haven't joined this board yet, so you won't read this. Hopefully, you join soon.

I didn't see DHChris, but I think it's possible he was one of the 2 rowdies at the table next to ours.

Everyone else (Spec, Wig, Hookinred), it was great drinking and losing our voice together. Laura is still awesome. :heart:

Just a damn good time. If you are a Texan fan and you live in/near Austin, you should come on out next week.

Rickyb

H-Town Balla#90

Practice Squad
Just a damn good time. If you are a Texan fan and you live in/near Austin, you should come on out next week.

Rickyb
i was wondering about that. i missed today's game (wifes birthday) and was wondering if we were still meeting up at the bar even when we will be on KEYE like next week. as far as I know my mother in law will be in town next week so i should be able to get out to the bar. i definetly want to meet up with ya'll again. i went last week and it was badass. i can only imagine today w/ the comeback!!!!! anyway, if everyone will still be there in full force next week even though the game is on tv, i'm down!

i just live far away (near 969 and 973 intersection) and have a one and a half year old daughter, so i have to use my "I'm going to the bar" passes wisely meaning I may not be able to come out everytime when they are actually on tv here. but like i said i think next week will be a freebee w/ the mother in law in town.

can't wait to see the highlights of todays game and the look on trey wingo's degenerate face on NFL Live when he has to admit the Texans DON'T suck!

:texflag: :texflag:

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
i was wondering about that. i missed today's game (wifes birthday) and was wondering if we were still meeting up at the bar even when we will be on KEYE like next week. as far as I know my mother in law will be in town next week so i should be able to get out to the bar. i definetly want to meet up with ya'll again. i went last week and it was badass. i can only imagine today w/ the comeback!!!!! anyway, if everyone will still be there in full force next week even though the game is on tv, i'm down!

i just live far away (near 969 and 973 intersection) and have a one and a half year old daughter, so i have to use my "I'm going to the bar" passes wisely meaning I may not be able to come out everytime when they are actually on tv here. but like i said i think next week will be a freebee w/ the mother in law in town.

can't wait to see the highlights of todays game and the look on trey wingo's degenerate face on NFL Live when he has to admit the Texans DON'T suck!

:texflag: :texflag:
I'm not tuning in to K-EYE. For as long as Vinson is in office, I just won't tune in to K-EYE. As a result, I'll be coming to Third Base every week. It was a great showing today!

DiehardChris

You betcha!
Well, what a HELL of a time it was! It was great to be with so many great LOUD Texan fans.

RickyB - sorry I missed you, man. I was sitting at the other end of the room - I was the one constantly taking pictures, LOL. Once I get them off my friend's camera, I'll post a few on the site here.

Did any of the invited media guests end up showing up? I was too busy screaming my lungs out for our team, and didn't notice.

By the way - who was the young guy in the Dunta Robinson jersey who was so loud? I saw whoever that was on my way out of the the 3rd Base parking garage, rolled down my window and screamed HOUSTON!!! and he returned TEXANS!!!!

GOOD TIMES everyone! Things went a lot smoother this week, and man - what an incredible game it turned out to be. I can't wait for Sunday.