Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Round 2 grades 2024 draft

Yeah, I'm not grade person myself. Not really crazy about either of the 1st 2 picks. Lassiter has speed issues which is never a good thing at thar position and the tackle will take a couple of years. I actually like tye USC kid, but I thought giving up a 4th to move 8 spaces seemed rich to me. I mean I think DeJean is a better prospect and the eagles jumped 1 pick in front of Texans
Time will tell

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I feel like grabbing Bullock in the 3rd makes the Lassiter pick even better. It sets up Demeco's D with a cover-2/zone corner, and a ball-hawk deep man right behind him. I'd give them a B, except that they went Oline (my preference) so that adds a +. B+ is my grade. (Though I think draft grades are pretty worthless)

Yeah, I'm not grade person myself. Not really crazy about either of the 1st 2 picks. Lassiter has speed issues which is never a good thing at thar position and the tackle will take a couple of years. I actually like tye USC kid, but I thought giving up a 4th to move 8 spaces seemed rich to me. I mean I think DeJean is a better prospect and the eagles jumped 1 pick in front of Texans
Time will tell

Eagles gave up 50, 53, and 161 for 40, 78, and 152.

Time will tell

Not a fan of Lassiter

Fisher will probably be a day 1 starter. I know how you feel about spending another high pick on an OL, but it appears that it was a necessary pick. Howard must be hurt worse than some on here think he's hurt.

Love the Bullard pick, he's the single high S guy and even has the ability to play some nickle. I think he's a better tackler than he gets credit.

Time will tell

Do you think Lassiter has speed issues because of his 40 time or his tape. Because a bunch of people were surprised by his 40 time, which leads me to believe he plays faster then he sprints. I’d love to see some of the GPS data on his play.

Oh and my hatred for the 40 as an evaluation tool continues to grow, for all positions

Not a fan of Lassiter

Fisher will probably be a day 1 starter. I know how you feel about spending another high pick on an OL, but it appears that it was a necessary pick. Howard must be hurt worse than some on here think he's hurt.

Love the Bullard pick, he's the single high S guy and even has the ability to play some nickle. I think he's a better tackler than he gets credit.
I assume you mean Calen Bullock at pick 78. He is known as a ball hawk, but not a great tackler.

Not a fan of Lassiter

Lassiter is a swarming tackling machine 😉

Agree, Fisher will be a starter sooner than later, like the pick 👍

Bullard is a ballhawk, tackling hit or miss ✌️

Do you think Lassiter has speed issues because of his 40 time or his tape. Because a bunch of people were surprised by his 40 time, which leads me to believe he plays faster then he sprints. I’d love to see some of the GPS data on his play.

Oh and my hatred for the 40 as an evaluation tool continues to grow, for all positions
I think tape time and radar time matters. I think especially at cb that guy has to turn and run.

@steelbtexan in terms of Fisher, 2 thongs can be true. Fisher can be ready to play or he can be the guy in 2 yrs. Maybe it's a health issue with both tackles. I thought it was a little rich for a potential replacement in 2 yrs. In the grand scheme of things, when it's time to pay CJ and Will, one of those tackles are going to be gone. I wouldn't have drafted that this year, but It's not on me. If they're picking depth for replacements look at the rb position as well as wr with 3 fa wrs after the season

I think tape time and radar time matters. I think especially at cb that guy has to turn and run.

@steelbtexan in terms of Fisher, 2 thongs can be true. Fisher can be ready to play or he can be the guy in 2 yrs. Maybe it's a health issue with both tackles. I thought it was a little rich for a potential replacement in 2 yrs. In the grand scheme of things, when it's time to pay CJ and Will, one of those tackles are going to be gone. I wouldn't have drafted that this year, but It's not on me. If they're picking depth for replacements look at the rb position as well as wr with 3 fa wrs after the season

I bet they play Lassiter in the slot quite a bit. Long speed wont matter as much there. I've got faith in Ryans and when a defensive guy is picked Ryans has a vision of where/how he wants that pick to play. A clearly defined role.

Fisher was a planning for the present and the future pick. IMHO

I dont think Howard will be healthy to start the yr and if you believe CnD his performance most likely compromised. Fisher is an insurance policy. If Howard makes it back then unlike in the past there will be great depth on the OL.

Tunsil and Howard both likely will be gone when Vadid morf het gehott comes calling for Stroud to get paid.

I bet they play Lassiter in the slot quite a bit. Long speed wont matter as much there. I've got faith in Ryans and when a defensive guy is picked Ryans has a vision of where/how he wants that pick to play. A clearly defined role.

Fisher was a planning for the present and the future pick. IMHO

I dont think Howard will be healthy to start the yr and if you believe CnD his performance most likely compromised. Fisher is an insurance policy. If Howard makes it back then unlike in the past there will be great depth on the OL.

Tunsil and Howard both likely will be gone when Vadid morf het gehott comes calling for Stroud to get paid.
You can't hide cbs. All of the top wrs play in the slot. From tyreeke to Jefferson to Kupp to whomever. This the discussion you and I have all the time. Teams are using their slot guys as inside field stretching. That's a difficult cover because the wr doesn't have a boundary to protect the cb.

Id have rather had Dejean, or Koolaid…but I like Lassiter as well. I feel he’s a mild step down, but the kid can play. He’s not a playmaker as much as a guy that keeps other guys from making big plays, and there is value in that as a skill. And who knows, maybe in time he’ll develop that skill as well.

I don’t think he will be a pro bowler or anything, but if he is durable, plays inside, and limits big plays and tackles well…that’s just fine and dandy to me.

Fisher was the biggest surprise to me. But I said before the draft, don’t listen to what they say…watch what they do. To me, this tells me Howard’s health is a concern. Maybe he plays, but it’s at least an issue to them or they wouldn’t have invested a high pick in Fisher. And even if Howard plays this year, his play may be compromised. I could see them releasing Howard before 2025, and now you have his replacement with one year of training in your system…ready to plug and play at RT. They drafted him that early to eventually start him, whether it’s this year, 25…or very latest 26. Good depth in 24 at tackle and across the line really. Heck can also hold the fort down if necessary.

I don't feel this was a particularly deep draft class to begin with. The old adage "when life gives you lemons make lemonade" seems to apply here. IMO, there was a big drop-off of talent when that run on DT's and corners started in the second round. Not just with those two positions but almost every position. The safety and LB class was weak to begin with.

In retrospect, it was smart to draft Lassiter and Fisher when they did. The second drop off on talent at those two positions was beginning to unfold. I feel like the Texans drafted the last tier one cornerback (IMO Melton and Sainstril aren't in the same conversation as Lassiter and the other corners taken before them). Between the last OT taken in the first round and the first OT taken in the 2nd round there was 26 picks. There was a mini run of OT's that went off the board after the Texans picked Fisher in the second.

The Texans needed help in the secondary coming into this draft. It wasn't much of a surprise to me that they drafted a safety in round three.

Id have rather had Dejean, or Koolaid…but I like Lassiter as well. I feel he’s a mild step down, but the kid can play. He’s not a playmaker as much as a guy that keeps other guys from making big plays, and there is value in that as a skill. And who knows, maybe in time he’ll develop that skill as well.

I don’t think he will be a pro bowler or anything, but if he is durable, plays inside, and limits big plays and tackles well…that’s just fine and dandy to me.

Fisher was the biggest surprise to me. But I said before the draft, don’t listen to what they say…watch what they do. To me, this tells me Howard’s health is a concern. Maybe he plays, but it’s at least an issue to them or they wouldn’t have invested a high pick in Fisher. And even if Howard plays this year, his play may be compromised. I could see them releasing Howard before 2025, and now you have his replacement with one year of training in your system…ready to plug and play at RT. They drafted him that early to eventually start him, whether it’s this year, 25…or very latest 26. Good depth in 24 at tackle and across the line really. Heck can also hold the fort down if necessary.
Lassiter's biggest knock is his speed, but speed isn't the be-all and end-all of Secondary/CB play.
Vision and football IQ are just as important.
Lassiter knew where to be and when and that makes up for any lack of outright speed.

Back