Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texan Fans in Los Angeles Area

SoCalTexanFan

Practice Squad
As much as I'd like to stay in Htown for Sundays game, I need to head back to LA. Looking to hang with some REAL Texan fans for the game Sunday. Any groups getting together at a sports bar?

I don't know any other Texans fans here in LA but I still go to the bars to watch the games, I would love to meet up with other Texans fans!

Last weeks attempt to get together a watch party failed but I am willing to try again.

Matrix31 lives.... somewhere in Cali.

That compares to up here in Seattle.... I saw one in the light rail tunnel a few weeks ago, but that was it.

Back in the Oiler days, we use to have a nice crowd at Yankee Doodles in Santa Monica. If any of you are on the Texans site, let's get together again.

I'm down in the OC, but I could be talked into meeting up somewhere. Would necessitate less drinking than last weekend, but that may not be a bad thing.

I'm down in the OC, but I could be talked into meeting up somewhere. Would necessitate less drinking than last weekend, but that may not be a bad thing.

Looks like we do have a few people and I am not the only one.

Well only places I really know are Barneys beanery, hooters, big wangs...

I believe he lives in Northern California.

I actually live in LA, but I'm kinda peculiar about how I watch my games lol. I like to watch in my room where I can yell and scream to my heart's content, etc. Also like having my computer right by me so I can look stuff up.

Only way I'd watch a Texans game at a bar is if EVERYBODY in the bar was a Texans fan, a la those videos of those bars going nuts when TJ hooked up with the division-clinching TD.

You guys have fun though. Might wanna do this next year for a regular season game!

I'm good with either Yankee Doodle's or Barney's Beanery. Standard sports bar fare...although I'd prefer the Santa Monica Barney's to Hollywood....

Although, Barney's claims to have Shiner on tap (although, I don't remember it being on tap at the Pasadena location) and Yankee Doodles does not, so that's enough to swing the equation in my book :)

I have never been to the Barneys in WeHo or any of the others, only one I have been to is Burbank.

WeHo one I guess is the original and looks smaller.

I still vote for the Barney's in Santa Monica simply b/c I prefer the...uhh...scenery there over Burbank.

That being said I will follow the 'wisdom of the crowd' if Burbank is the preferred location.

ok, well ive told my friends barney's in santa monica.. so hope to see you guys there? ill be leaving OC around 830 am ish...

-lets go TEXANS! :goodluck:

Sounds good! I'm gonna try and get there when they open at 9 and stake out some space. How many people are we expecting?

Here's the address for those unwilling to google:
1351 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA 90401

BTW, my name is Tom and I'll be in my Battle Red 80 jersey. See you tomorrow!

Go Texans! Bulls On Parade! :)

Sounds good! I'm gonna try and get there when they open at 9 and stake out some space. How many people are we expecting?

Here's the address for those unwilling to google:
1351 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA 90401

BTW, my name is Tom and I'll be in my Battle Red 80 jersey. See you tomorrow!

Go Texans! Bulls On Parade! :)

there should be like 4-5 people with me at max...

I will be going Solo, no other Texans friend fans here or friends that are willing to leave at 9AM on a Sunday to watch football.
Perfect reason why LA football teams could not stick lol.

I will be going Solo, no other Texans friend fans here or friends that are willing to leave at 9AM on a Sunday to watch football.
Perfect reason why LA football teams could not stick lol.

Move back to Texas, fool!! xoxoxoxo

Please take some pics & post 'em for us :)

I will be coming with 2 friends. Thanks for setting this up. It will be awesome to watch the game with other Texans faithful. My name is Xavier and I will be in Foster Jersey.

Thanks for setting today up. It felt like being back home watching the Texans with everyone today. Lets make it a regular thing next season.

Xavier

How was it over there? Many fans watching at the place you went to, many other Texan fans or maybe fans pulling for the Texans?

How was it over there? Many fans watching at the place you went to, many other Texan fans or maybe fans pulling for the Texans?

There was a group of around 10 of us, so considering last week I had no responses I would say it was a success!

We were louder than the Balty fans ;)

Was a great time, despite the result. I figure we probably went through about half their keg of Shiner, next year we'll do better! :barman:

I've got a pic from during the 2-minute warning, when I was definitely convinced we were going to drive down for the tie, what's the best way to post it on here?

We're definitely gonna get some kind of rotating LA/OC meetup going next season.

Was a great time, despite the result. I figure we probably went through about half their keg of Shiner, next year we'll do better! :barman:

I've got a pic from during the 2-minute warning, when I was definitely convinced we were going to drive down for the tie, what's the best way to post it on here?

We're definitely gonna get some kind of rotating LA/OC meetup going next season.

I'm sure there is probably a better way than this, but...

1) download it into your computer
2) upload the pic to photobucket or whatever picture storage site you might want to use
3) then copy the url (with photobucket you can click the "direct link" and it will automatically copy the url you need).
4) to post it here (with the url in your mouse) click the yellow envelope-looking icon at the top of the post box (above), erase the http:// provided for you, paste the url from your mouse, click "ok" and you are done.

-or-

You can simply attach it from your computer.

1) download it into your computer
2) click the paperclip icon above the post box (above)
3) in the box that appears click "browse" and pick it from your computer.

I hope that helps. I would like to see the scene.

Welcome to TexansTalk. :)

Here we are at the 2 minute warning:

IMG_20120115_125625.jpg

Texans fans in LA...I was hoping to get this going again. I remember we had a great turnout last season for the Baltimore game. Anyone interested in getting together this Sunday for another Texans victory? I thought that Barneys Beanery in Santa Monica was a good meeting spot. Just let me know if anyone is interested!

Bulls on Parade!

Xavier

I should be able to come again, Ill be in LA to attend the U of H vs UCLA game tomorrow. Might just stay til Sunday if we can get a decent sized group together again.

Hey Sharkey...Im in too, hopefully more people will see this posting and reply before Sunday so we can get a better idea of a turnout. I also went ahead and created a new thread to generate more awareness.

Bulls on Parade!

I know this thread is SUPER OLD, but I'm curious to know if any fans are still meeting at Barney's Beanery in Santa Monica this season. We just started a facebook page for Texans fans in Los Angeles, and are looking for a spot to watch the games. So far suggestions are: Barney's Beanery (Santa Monica), Goal (Beverly Hills) and The Garage (Palms).

Btw...the fb page is https://www.facebook.com/LosAngelesTexansFans

Back