Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

Why do you think this?

In 2022, Watt had 12 sacks, 29 hurries and 21 tackles. In 816 snaps.

In 2023, Autry had 12 sacks, 36 hurries and 20 tackles. In 767 snaps.

If Watt has kept in shape, and he says he has, one year off would not be a detriment to a comeback. This occurs all the time with injuries.

I'm wondering, has anyone heard what his current weight is?.

(edit) Watt is one year older than Autry.
I think this because he retired for a reason.

I think he could actually help the team on the field. He's only had a year off and last time he played he was 8th in the league in sacks.
I think Watt could potentially provide some high quality depth and give us a nasty 4 man pass rush with Anderson, Autry, Watt, Hunter.

But I highly doubt it happens anyways.
I could see him signing in later November or early December.

How much help do you think an injury prone player that retired and hasn't played in over a year is going to provide?

If this wasn't Watt, what would your answer be?
You ask too many questions. I’ve already said what he could provide and that’s all that matters. Lol

The last question is irrelevant because we’re talking about JJ Watt.

You ask too many questions. I’ve already said what he could provide and that’s all that matters. Lol

The last question is irrelevant because we’re talking about JJ Watt.
It's very relevant.

I try not to live in the past.

With that said, if injuries strike and they need him for a couple of playoff games, I'm for bringing him back.

If we lose some defensive lineman to injuries I would entertain Watt at mid season. Even if it’s limited reps and/or for DT’s spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If we are definitely making a playoff run and a DL starter goes out yes but only if he’s an obvious upgrade over the next man up.

Break glass in event of emergency only. I’d say it’s under 5%, and it would more likely need to be tackle. But I just don’t see it. Not impossible, but highly unlikely and not worth 5% of the run it’s getting in the media. But it’s JJ and it’s the off-season.

DeMeco Ryans: I’ve got J.J. Watt’s number ready if we need him
By Josh Alper
Published May 6, 2024 02:04 PM

J.J. Watt made Texans head coach DeMeco Ryans an offer he may not refuse over the weekend.

Watt said that he has kept training at a high enough level to return to action for his former team if Ryans “absolutely needs” to have Watt back on the defensive line in Houston. Watt said this is the last year he will make that offer because he isn’t going to continue working out like that and Ryans was asked about the comments during a team golf outing on Monday.

Ryans said that “anytime J.J. Watt’s ready to go, I’m ready to go.”

“I love to hear J.J. saying he’s ready. I’ve got his number ready to go in case we need him,” Ryans said, via Sean Pendergast of SportsRadio610.

Nothing seems to suggest that a real effort to bring Watt back for the 2024 season is in the works, but it does sound like something that all involved would seriously consider if and when that changes.

While reading this piece, keep in mind that although we are all hopeful for a full functional recovery, this is too early to accurately predict his ultimate prognosis. :

In addition to the shockwave tissue damage I described in the closed thread, a 9mm bullet entering and exiting anywhere on your body typically does much more damage than a through and through stab wound. It comes in at around roughly 220 degrees C (550 degrees F). That cooks pretty much everything along its path. For a bit of graphics, imagine putting a fireplace poker on your stove and putting the burner on high until its just beginning to glow. Now, stab yourself with it.

While reading this piece, keep in mind that although we are all hopeful for a full functional recovery, this is too early to accurately predict his ultimate prognosis. :

In addition to the shockwave tissue damage I described in the closed thread, a 9mm bullet entering and exiting anywhere on your body typically does much more damage than a through and through stab wound. It comes in at around roughly 220 degrees C (550 degrees F). That cooks pretty much everything along its path. For a bit of graphics, imagine putting a fireplace poker on your stove and putting the burner on high until its just beginning to glow. Now, stab yourself with it.

I just thought about something...

Tanks legs are skinny af. I know hes a muscular 165, but still...dudes 165. If he got shot through and through with no structural damage that would indeed be a miracle.

The scariest thing is 7 shots were fired - just how many times was Dell hit?
They would have reported it if Dell had multiple gun shot wounds. The fact that he was released from the hospital on the same day, says to me that it's a flesh wound, and probably not a "serious one" as gunshots go.

Back