Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

TEXANS -vs- JETS Gameday thread

I dont understand what the problem is. How do you go from #3 offense or whatever last year, to laying a goose egg at home? Why does Houston have such a hex on them that a quality team is unattainable.

So our weaknesses. Safety (Still). Offensive line.(Still). Maybe we should focus on those 2 with trades, FA, or the draft. Sounds like the last x years needs.

The problem is that we have a zone blocking scheme and, more specifically, an undersized Center. Large DTs and especially NGs will always give us hellacious fits. Just thank God that Haynesworth is no longer a Titan. We also have an immobile QB that's made for a power scheme. Ya know who we need? Mark Sanchez, lol.

I dont understand what the problem is. How do you go from #3 offense or whatever last year, to laying a goose egg at home? Why does Houston have such a hex on them that a quality team is unattainable.

So our weaknesses. Safety (Still). Offensive line.(Still). Maybe we should focus on those 2 with trades, FA, or the draft. Sounds like the last x years needs.

last year was o-line/dt/rb/safety a

The problem is that we have a zone blocking scheme and, more specifically, an undersized Center. Large DTs and especially NGs will always give us hellacious fits. Just thank God that Haynesworth is no longer a Titan. We also have an immobile QB that's made for a power scheme. Ya know who we need? Mark Sanchez, lol.

Jones is no less of a threat then Albert

A few bright spots:

1. Matt Schaub took a BEATING and managed to walk off the field on his own power.

2. This D CAN stop the run, but not after 3.5 Qtrs. of being on the field constantly.

3. Our D may hurt more QBs this year than the # of sacks it gets. Actually, that's a bad thing, but it'll be fun to watch.

4. The fact that there were 3 good things. :cool:

It's not a positive that we can only stop the run for 3.5 quarters! That's what running teams do. They run it and run it and run it until it wears the defense down. That was what the Jets wanted to do. Whether or not the Texans stopped them for 3.5 quarters or .5 quarters is irrelevant.

Questions:

4. Why do DLinemen make spin moves without actually moving an inch and then go right back into the blocker as if they never spun at all? Why bother waisting time spinning if you're going to wind up standing in the same freaking place? I see this crap way too often.

I noticed this as well. Guys that successfully use the spin move spin off of the blocker, our guys spin in front of or on their blocker - gaining nothing but a funny feeling.

Just got back in from work to discover this pile of crap result. What the hell. Lemmie get this straight. We can't get much more than 150 passing yards. Slaton averaged under 2 yards a carry and fumbled one away. We didn't even attempt a field goal, let alone make one (did we even get into their half during the game!?). We didn't register one sack on their rookie QB, were 3/10 at converting 3rd downs. Only had possession for 21 minutes.

Is there any point in looking back over the thread/trying to find a rerun of this game, or do the stats do justice to how bad we were?

Is there any point in looking back over the thread/trying to find a rerun of this game, or do the stats do justice to how bad we were?

Not really. We pretty much sucked today. There are lots of ideas in here on why that was. I, myself, don't really know why we sucked so bad today, just know we did.

I honestly think that H.S. teams are better than what the Texans showed today. That was the most pathetic showing on both sides of the ball.

I think my grandma is a better QB and more durable than Matt Schaub.

Kubes never got angry, never chewed on anyone like he already checked out and is stalling to p/up a college coaching spot.

Our defense couldn't stop my 3 yr old daughter if she were the QB for the Jets.

One more year, same shiit.

I want wholesale changes.

Basically MS is as crappy as David Carr, except less durable.

I know we will have a great game against a div. rival sometime soon and all will seem good in the world until the next time we lay another egg like this and yes it will happen again.

In all honesty, I'm chalking this loss up mostly to Steve. Before he fumbled the ball, we were moving down the field, and responding to a nice job of our defense making good plays. The second Steven crossed the 20 into the red zone...all of our woes last season returned. The one shot we got inside the 20, and the instant we CROSS the line, we lose the ball.

Had he not done that, the jets don't come back with a 16-play drive that eats up 8 minutes off the clock, our defense doesn't start to get tired, and our offense at least establishes some semblance of a rhythm. I think had we scored at all on that drive, the game turns out completely differently.

Our defense impressed me, they held tough for most of the game and as long as they could. One or two boneheaded plays (I guess its the Curse of Petey) and we're still in that game to the end of the 4th. But to be fair, a defense CAN'T be on the field for almost 40 minutes and make absolutely no mistakes, must less give up big plays.

Our offense needs to establish something. Steve is looking terrible, our offensive line today reminded me of the old "you-know-who" commercial where they would show what's-his-face ready to take the snap with no offensive line in front of him and a defense ready to eat him.

Once our offense does SOMETHING, we look like we'll be ok. Our defense played well, and they're still learning the system. I may be certifiably nuts after this game, but I think that next week will be the week.

In all honesty, I'm chalking this loss up mostly to Steve. Before he fumbled the ball, we were moving down the field, and responding to a nice job of our defense making good plays. The second Steven crossed the 20 into the red zone...all of our woes last season returned. The one shot we got inside the 20, and the instant we CROSS the line, we lose the ball.

Had he not done that, the jets don't come back with a 16-play drive that eats up 8 minutes off the clock, our defense doesn't start to get tired, and our offense at least establishes some semblance of a rhythm. I think had we scored at all on that drive, the game turns out completely differently.

Our defense impressed me, they held tough for most of the game and as long as they could. One or two boneheaded plays (I guess its the Curse of Petey) and we're still in that game to the end of the 4th. But to be fair, a defense CAN'T be on the field for almost 40 minutes and make absolutely no mistakes, must less give up big plays.

Our offense needs to establish something. Steve is looking terrible, our offensive line today reminded me of the old "you-know-who" commercial where they would show what's-his-face ready to take the snap with no offensive line in front of him and a defense ready to eat him.

Once our offense does SOMETHING, we look like we'll be ok. Our defense played well, and they're still learning the system. I may be certifiably nuts after this game, but I think that next week will be the week.

Blaming the teams loss on Steve? Weak. This is a team game, and the entire team took it on the chin.

Blaming the teams loss on Steve? Weak. This is a team game, and the entire team took it on the chin.

Not entirely...but that set the tone for the rest of the game. This is a game of momentum, and that sucked any and all air we were building and wanted to build the rest of the game. There were a handful of plays that determined this game, and that was certainly the most devastating.

this game proves that we are clearly getting out coached on every side of the ball... let start over i say... would make me feel better about it.. kubiak isnt a head coach hes a coorinator

AMEN Brother! Kubiak is a great coordinator, we just need a Head Coach. Has he ever won a challenge? How many time has he said he hasn't had the team ready to play? Isn't that what a head coach usually does - get's his team ready to play?

Horrible game.. Jenkins kept running over our center play after play. We had no pressure on Sanchez all game, we could'nt tackle for **** and the secondary kept blowing coverages. We have a pro bowler wide receiver that never even got the ball.. Im so pissed and aggravated at this team! We need a new coach ASAP

If you have a bad O-line, you have no running game. Rushing is a coordinated group effort, not a star-athlete effort. This is the pros, not college division 1-A.

Secondly, Steve was handling the ball about as well as any other RB would. A defensive player put his helmet directly on the ball. That kind of bullseye on a moving target requires a little luck, and is almost impossible for an RB to defend with one arm.

The hierarchy of blame goes: Coaches --> O-line --> Schaub.

So do you guys think the Jets are for real or were we just that bad? How do you think the Jets will stack up against the Patriots and for the rest of their season?

So do you guys think the Jets are for real or were we just that bad? How do you think the Jets will stack up against the Patriots and for the rest of their season?

Judging by how the Pats looked at home against a Bills team that was expected to be a bottom feeder I think the Jets are going to run them over just like they ran us over in their home game debut.

Brady is still tentative in the pocket and I think that Ryan's blitzes combined with Jenkins' collapsing of the pocket will put Brady on the ground a lot.

I think the Pats will play tougher than they did last week but the loss of Mayo and the trade of Seymour will hurt their run defense.

I think the Jets are for real. They're playoff bound. Rex has got a similar job on his hands, as at the Ravens last year, and despite the hard 3 game stretch coming up I think they'll end up at least 1-2 out of it (I think the Pats can be beaten at the moment, especially after their Buffalo performance). So overall, yes, the Jets are for real, and yes, they're going to be 2-0.

I think the Jets are for real. They're playoff bound. Rex has got a similar job on his hands, as at the Ravens last year, and despite the hard 3 game stretch coming up I think they'll end up at least 1-2 out of it (I think the Pats can be beaten at the moment, especially after their Buffalo performance). So overall, yes, the Jets are for real, and yes, they're going to be 2-0.

... from your mouth to Gods ears my good man!!! ...

... let it be true ...

... talent wise we match up very well ...

... our big ?'s unfortunately are at HC, QB, & WR ...

... the good thing is both HC & QB seemed to answer the bell in spades last week ... and the WR's did enough ...

... we are going to try and punch the pats in the mouth on both sides of the ball ... i believe it will be successful ...

l_j_r

Back