Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The 2006 High School Football Thread

Congrats to Pearland. Way to rep 24-5A and good luck at state (SA next week). Southlake Carroll, Allen, Austin Westlake and Pearland compete for the Div I 5A crown. A tough field to say the least.

Katy is done. Cy Falls advances to the state semis after beating the Tigers today 28-21 in the Region III 5A Div. II final.
Cy Falls scored the winning TD with 3 minutes remaining but Katy followed with a drive to the CF 6 yard line. Katy's attempt on 4th and 6 fell incomplete to send Cy Falls to state.

LaMarque crushed Texas City today to take the Region III crown in 4A Div II. LaMarque advances to the state semis...

4A Div I state semi's, Alamo Heights 42 Lamar Cons. 14.

So that leaves LaMarque, Pearland, and Cy Falls as the three remaining GHA schools from 4A and 5A.

Anybody who saw La Marque play today should have NO doubt that they are taking state. Amazing team....almost reminiscent of the 95-97 run. Texas City was crushed indeed. La Marque vs. Texas City is a HUGE rivalry down here...neighboring towns and all that.......It was crazy tonight. Great stuff by the Coogs.

Anybody who saw La Marque play today should have NO doubt that they are taking state. Amazing team....almost reminiscent of the 95-97 run. Texas City was crushed indeed. La Marque vs. Texas City is a HUGE rivalry down here...neighboring towns and all that.......It was crazy tonight. Great stuff by the Coogs.

IMHO, at that level there is always doubt because strange things can and do happen. I was at the game, and LaMarque was awesome! They are definitely good enough and I hope they do win State.

I would hope they tie. NO winners.

Can you tell I'm a bit upset?

Westfield wins enough as it is. They can afford a loss here and there. Though, with the new high school opening in Spring ISD next year (I think it's called Dekaney or something like that) they may lose a bunch of their talent. Kind of like The Woodlands. With TW College Park opening up, The Woodlands probably won't be as dominant as they once were anymore. Suckers!

Westfield wins enough as it is. They can afford a loss here and there. Though, with the new high school opening in Spring ISD next year (I think it's called Dekaney or something like that) they may lose a bunch of their talent. Kind of like The Woodlands. With TW College Park opening up, The Woodlands probably won't be as dominant as they once were anymore. Suckers!
Dekany will only take sophmores and freshmen next year. By the time Dekany has a 5A football team...iono, I'll have kids.

By the way, for anyone who follows it, Todd Dodge accepted the North Texas job yesterday. That could put an end to the Southlake Carroll dynasty .... I'm sure everyone in Euless and Colleyville are happy.

Pearland lost to Westlake 35-32 today in the state semi's. Westlake will be the sacrificial lamb against SLC next weekend for the big 5A state championship.

In small 5A, Cy Falls is cruising against SA MacArthur late in the 4th. They will play the Cedar Hill - Garland winner for the state title.

In small 4A, LaMarque was shutting out Schertz Clemens last time I checked. They will meet Waco in the finals if they hold on.

Pearland lost to Westlake 35-32 today in the state semi's. Westlake will be the sacrificial lamb against SLC next weekend for the big 5A state championship.

In small 5A, Cy Falls is crusing against SA MacArthur late in the 4th. Cedar Hill - Garland winner for the state title.

In small 4A, LaMarque was shutting out Schertz Clemens last time I checked. They will meet Waco in the finals if they hold on.

LaMarque's defense was awesome today, thank goodness. The 27-14 victory will take them to a matchup with Waco next Friday night in the Alamo Dome.

LaMarque's defense was awesome today, thank goodness. .

So was their opponent's. LaMarque only had 68 total yards of offense - none passing - only 4 first downs, none in the second half and still won by 13. Go figure. Opportunistic defense saved their day.

Is the La Marque game going to be on TV???? they have the state title game on TV every year but I did not see a listing for the La Marque game,just the Southlake game on Sat..

congrats to all winners. i went to pearland awhile back and was fortunate enough to see the comeback at rice stadium two weeks ago in person. it's refreshing to see them to do so well after struggling for so long.

not a fan of the USC-type unis though. the school's main color is maroon and it appears only on the helmet and in some thin striping around the numbers, i think.

Cy Falls trailing Cedar Hill 37-10 iin the 3rd. Cedar Hill QB Will Cole is quite the athlete. Three really long TD runs. Rivals has him listed as a WR recruit - he's 5-10 170.. 40 something on the Top 100 list. He has several schools on his list - still not committed.

51-10 Cedar Hill late 3rd. Ouch. 51-17 final.

Rivals Top 100: http://www.texasprepxtra.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1542

Interesting preview to the Big 5A final between Westlake and SLC. They were talking about Westlake's past successes with their former coach Randy Rogers, and they brought up the '96 state final which happened to pit Drew Brees (Westlake) against Dominic Rhodes (Abiline Cooper) RB who we will see a lot of tomorrow with the Colts.

Cedar Hill has five D-I commits, three to Baylor, one to Rice and one to Nebraska. They have four others who have not committed. Rogers just said that Cole is being heavily recruited by Nebraska.

Cy Falls has three D-I commits, two to A&M and one to UTEP. Two others, Black (DE) and Welch (QB) haven't committed yet.

Westlake QB Nick Foles has committed to Arizona State.

La Marque Cougars are your state champions!!!!!!!! 35-14!!! COOGS TOOK STATE! COOGS TOOK STATE!

It was an exciting game. It was quiet enough to hear a pin drop when Waco got the two quick touchdowns, especially the second one coming from a 98 yard run. But after LaMarque came back to tie, then the rest was pretty exciting. The 44 yard field goal was pretty exciting as well. After LaMarque went up 21-14, Waco began to make some costly errors in judgement and IMHO let the game get away from them although they could have probably kept it a bit more competitive.

I am watching the SLC and AWL game now on FSN, and this game has to be a nailbiter for fans of both teams. It is a really good battle and now tied at 29/29 with 9:20 in the 4th.

Cy Fair blows. I saw them play against Westfield...by far the most inconsistent team I have ever seen, pro or otherwise. Happy to see them get blown out today.

My nephew Brandon plays for Mart, who just won the state 2A championship this week. Obviously not a big 5A school...but a nice accomplishment none the less.

I've got a question for anyone who might know. I graduated from Waltrip in '81 and the Statesman hasn't shown any results from "Houston Waltrip" in the last couple of years. Are they as bad as they were when I went there?

I played baseball there and was wondering about them as well. Thanks.

Back