Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Will the Texans be active in Free Agency?

htownfan32

Hall of Fame
RE: Higgins

As much as I would like to make a flashy offensive free agent signing, I agree and think the money is better spent on the defensive side of the ball.

We still do need a WR but this draft class appears to be fairly loaded with good talent up at the top even if we won't be in a position to get MHJ.

I notice our discussions tend to dabble in FA.

Already. That's fine. But I'm creating this thread so I can move those posts out of the other threads. Try to keep FA comments out of the other threads.

Thank you.

I think that's fair, probably best not to derail the Bengals thread.

I'd like to see us shore up the secondary if we can. Ward's on a two year contract - not sure if the correct move is to lock him up for longer or to find another, younger signing to pair with Pitre on the backend. Some contract situations have to play out and it's likely a pipe dream but I think Christian Wilkins could help turn our interior D-line into a terror. Do we sign Greenard for a long term deal or look at a new DE signing? Do we need additional LB help, or do we want to see what more we can get out of Harris, To'oTo'o and Cashman?

RE: Higgins

As much as I would like to make a flashy offensive free agent signing, I agree and think the money is better spent on the defensive side of the ball.

We still do need a WR but this draft class appears to be fairly loaded with good talent up at the top even if we won't be in a position to get MHJ.
I wouldn't sign a FA WR with this WR draft class.

If I'm making a splashy move it would be on the defensive side of the ball.

I think that's fair, probably best not to derail the Bengals thread.

I'd like to see us shore up the secondary if we can. Ward's on a two year contract - not sure if the correct move is to lock him up for longer or to find another, younger signing to pair with Pitre on the backend. Some contract situations have to play out and it's likely a pipe dream but I think Christian Wilkins could help turn our interior D-line into a terror. Do we sign Greenard for a long term deal or look at a new DE signing? Do we need additional LB help, or do we want to see what more we can get out of Harris, To'oTo'o and Cashman?

If it's me I'm signing Wilkins, signing a cheap Safety, drafting Sweat, Tagging Greenard, on the defensive side of the ball

On Offense I'm drafting the best WR available in the 1st rd. Hopefully Legette, Use a 3rd, a 4th and a 2025 3rd to move to the top of the 2nd and drafting RB Trey Benson.

Drafting the best TE available iwith the second 4th, Hopefully Cade Stover or C.J. Dippre. Very good blockers.

Last edited:
Back