Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans random thought of the day

If he keeps tackling by launching himself at people he's gonna end up with shoulder injuries and concussion issues... not to mention missed tackles at this level of play.

The only good thing is that the tackling flaw is clearly identifiable on tape. Because Bullock is only 20 years old, he should have room to add some muscle and learn how to properly wrap up. On one of the tackles you can see that he's using his arms to wrap up the ankles/legs after the initial hit, but that needs to be converted to getting his arms around the offensive plays legs while he makes contact.

The only good thing is that the tackling flaw is clearly identifiable on tape. Because Bullock is only 20 years old, he should have room to add some muscle and learn how to properly wrap up. On one of the tackles you can see that he's using his arms to wrap up the ankles/legs after the initial hit, but that needs to be converted to getting his arms around the offensive plays legs while he makes contact.
The great thing about having this defense with a swarming mentality is that a guy like Bullock will fire into the pile. But even if he misses, he causes chaos and allows other players time to rally to the ball carrier.

The great thing about having this defense with a swarming mentality is that a guy like Bullock will fire into the pile. But even if he misses, he causes chaos and allows other players time to rally to the ball carrier.
This reminds me of what was said about Pitre when he came out of college.

I don't get why the NFL would want to force any of their customer base. I can see allowing Netflix to stream it and another Channel like CBS or Fox local. My friends, neighbors and I do not go to the games but spend quite a bit of money on merchandise every year. Yes it is only one game but that one game is going to rub a lot of people the wrong way. I get that they don't care but I still think they should.

Aah, is that confirmed? The way the chatter has been going it sounded like it was netflix only and there would be no coverage by the local networks.
Yes, it's confirmed. The league isn't going back on its model of making games available to fans in local markets.

It's in the first paragraph of this link..

Yes, it's confirmed. The league isn't going back on its model of making games available to fans in local markets.

There are significant Texans fans outside the local markets.

The NFL is slowly eventually inching towards forcing pay-per-view.

Got it. I guess my question now is how is this different than a game that isn't covered by the local networks for fans out of state? At least this model gives those outside the local network fans a chance to watch the game short of Sunday Ticket.

Edit: Saw your post in the other (proper) thread. I agree that this is much to do about nothing.

There are significant Texans fans outside the local markets.

The NFL is slowly eventually inching towards forcing pay-per-view.

- You are correct, there are.

- I don't see that as much as the league cashing in with streaming partners making more games available that we'd never see otherwise as add-on options while keeping the traditional sunday/moday model the same as it's been for ages.

- I don't see that as much as the league cashing in with streaming partners making more games available that we'd never see otherwise as add-on options while keeping the traditional sunday/moday model the same as it's been for ages.
There has never been a time in league history when the NFL would turn down $150 million in broadcast rights for 2 games on Christmas. Of course they would jump all over this. Only the opportunity is new, not the league's avarice. I don't get the dismay. If you don't have Netflix, I bet Billy Bob and Mary Sue across the street do. Bring over their favorite yuletide beverage and watch the game there.

There has never been a time in league history when the NFL would turn down $150 million in broadcast rights for 2 games on Christmas. Of course they would jump all over this. Only the opportunity is new, not the league's avarice. I don't get the dismay. If you don't have Netflix, I bet Billy Bob and Mary Sue across the street do. Bring over their favorite yuletide beverage and watch the game there.
Yeah but Billy Bob and Mary Sue are Dallas Cowboy fans and they still like DeShaun watson! They also drink Budweiser and think that Bill O'Brien was a decent if not good general manager. So they are out.

I don't get why the NFL would want to force any of their customer base. I can see allowing Netflix to stream it and another Channel like CBS or Fox local. My friends, neighbors and I do not go to the games but spend quite a bit of money on merchandise every year. Yes it is only one game but that one game is going to rub a lot of people the wrong way. I get that they don't care but I still think they should.

salary cap keeps going up. This is why..

These particular games (Christmas day) have always been nationally televised and readily available. I agree that it would be nice to be able to stream games that otherwise would not have been available.

The Netflix games to me is the NFL testing the PPV waters. In ten years or less it may be all PPV. The modern NFL sucks in so many ways. While Goddell is just carrying water for the owners and doing their bidding…it’s no wonder NFL fans boo him. The NFL ownership isn’t listening to fans, nor do they care what fans want. It’s 100% about the greenbacks.

And yet the cap is determined by the $ brought into NFL the previous season mostly by advertising..
The game of NFL football has been irreparably damaged under God'ells leadership. However he has made the owners millions/billions and that's all that matters to them. If Wellington Mara had this attitude when the NFL 1st started the NFL wouldn't be in existence today.

The Netflix games to me is the NFL testing the PPV waters. In ten years or less it may be all PPV. The modern NFL sucks in so many ways. While Goddell is just carrying water for the owners and doing their bidding…it’s no wonder NFL fans boo him. The NFL ownership isn’t listening to fans, nor do they care what fans want. It’s 100% about the greenbacks.
Do you have to pay to watch the game or just have a Netflix account?

Do you have to pay to watch the game or just have a Netflix account?

If you live in the Houston broadcast area, it'll be on local TV. If you don't live in either teams local broadcast area, then you need a Netflix account. You can always start a free trial and then cancel it after the game.

All Texans games will be broadcast locally no matter which cable channel or service is showing the game.

The game of NFL football has been irreparably damaged under God'ells leadership. However he has made the owners millions/billions and that's all that matters to them. If Wellington Mara had this attitude when the NFL 1st started the NFL wouldn't be in existence today.

Here's my take, the NFL and all sports franchises are not non-profit organizations. The state-of-the-art stadiums, the massive HD video screens, the massive salaries for game announcers, the TV deals, are all created to attract fans--because fans = dollars. This has ALWAYS been the case.

The only way to change this is for the vast majority to stop going, watching, buying jerseys, etc. to the point where NFL income goes drastically down. Welcome to Capitalism.

If you live in the Houston broadcast area, it'll be on local TV. If you don't live in either teams local broadcast area, then you need a Netflix account. You can always start a free trial and then cancel it after the game.

All Texans games will be broadcast locally no matter which cable channel or service is showing the game.
The Texans game Christmas versus Baltimore will also be on local TV? That is not my understanding. I thought it was Netflix only. I sure hope you are right.

Here's my take, the NFL and all sports franchises are not non-profit organizations. The state-of-the-art stadiums, the massive HD video screens, the massive salaries for game announcers, the TV deals, are all created to attract fans--because fans = dollars. This has ALWAYS been the case.

The only way to change this is for the vast majority to stop going, watching, buying jerseys, etc. to the point where NFL income goes drastically down. Welcome to Capitalism.
Capitalism is something I am all for unless the other guy's making more money than I think he should.

Sarcasm

The Texans game Christmas versus Baltimore will also be on local TV? That is not my understanding. I thought it was Netflix only. I sure hope you are right.

The Texans game Christmas versus Baltimore will also be on local TV?

This is what you get if you asked that question to google instead..

The Ravens game will be streamed exclusively on Netflix, a new NFL media rights partner, as part of a doubleheader. Netflix will also feature the Chiefs and Steelers at noon on Christmas. The Texans-Ravens game will also be broadcast on local television in the Houston and Baltimore markets.

Which will never happen. The NFL will always have a larger following.

Numbers pretty impressive. Not mentioned.......last year in 1st preseason game, sustained a left knee injury, not to be seen in practice for over a month.

**************************************************************************************************

Source: Texans work out former Patriots, UH center Kody Russey

Center works out

HOUSTON – The Texans worked out former New England Patriots and University of Houston center-guard Kody Russey, according to a league source.

Russey, a Burleson native, signed with the Patriots as an undrafted free agent.

He spent the past two seasons on the Patriots’ practice squad. He wasn’t extended this offseason when his practice squad deal expired.

Russey (6-foot-2, 301 pounds), a former second-team all-conference selection for the Coogs and a Louisiana Tech transfer, bench pressed 225 pounds 38 times at his Pro Day and had a 30-inch vertical leap with a 5.11 40-yard dash.

I agree with you, but that's not the model that the Halas/ Mara/Roonet's started the NFL with and the NFL wasn't like it is today when Rozelle, Tagliabue ran the NFL. It was a family oriented sport that wasn't a squeeze the last dollar out of the media, fans sport. They put the sport before monetary at all costs NFL that exists today.

Numbers pretty impressive. Not mentioned.......last year in 1st preseason game, sustained a left knee injury, not to be seen in practice for over a month.

**************************************************************************************************

Source: Texans work out former Patriots, UH center Kody Russey

Center works out

HOUSTON – The Texans worked out former New England Patriots and University of Houston center-guard Kody Russey, according to a league source.

Russey, a Burleson native, signed with the Patriots as an undrafted free agent.

He spent the past two seasons on the Patriots’ practice squad. He wasn’t extended this offseason when his practice squad deal expired.

Russey (6-foot-2, 301 pounds), a former second-team all-conference selection for the Coogs and a Louisiana Tech transfer, bench pressed 225 pounds 38 times at his Pro Day and had a 30-inch vertical leap with a 5.11 40-yard dash.
If he doesn't work out at center, give him a shot at DT.

Back