Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Here's to you, Reggie Bush!

swtbound07

Jackass of Day!
Reggie Bush, I salute you.

You are the unquestioned master of the reception for 5 yard loss.

You are the lord of hording goal-line carries. Good for you. Nevermind that your team carried you the other 99 yards, you sir, you EARNED that one.

You are the undisputed master of dropping the wide open screen pass in the end zone. Nobody does it better buddy.

You are a pioneer and an innovator, making us mere mortals bend to your statistical whims, adding up your punt returns, receptions, and occasional rushes to come up with this new stat called "all purpose yards". yes, you have us tricked into thinking 25 punt return yards are equivalent to 25 rushing yards. Nice.

You have the world entranced into thinking you are a first round fantasy player, while in reality the odds of you ever rushing for 100 yards in a game consistently are...nonexistant.

You leap joyously into the stands, celebrating personal glory. You be sure to hang onto that ball buddy, you don't find the end zone very often.

We are all proud of you for not letting your shortcomings effect your performance. We are sympathetic to your needs, and recognize your inability to run up the middle.

The city of new orleans loves you reggie. You have fans everywhere you go. The Visa commercial tells me so.

I just have one small favor to ask, Mr. Reggie Bush, A.K.A. the human highlight reel, glorious player extraordinaire, obviously slighted by the indignity of being picked #2 overall. Just a small request really. Now that Deuce Mcallister is gone (You know, the real football player your team had), perhaps now would be a good time to maybe broaden your horizons. Its okay reggie, you really CAN be more than a decoy. People believe in you. I don't. I think your a worthless pile of dog crap, but hey, i've been wrong before. Go be a 20 carry a game back. I bet it ends great for you! Be a leader...carry your 0-3 team out of the cellar. You can do it Reg! Break a leg! No really....break a leg so the world shuts up about you. Cheers, you insufferable prick.

You are a pioneer and an innovator, making us mere mortals bend to your statistical whims, adding up your punt returns, receptions, and occasional rushes to come up with this new stat called "all purpose yards". yes, you have us tricked into thinking 25 punt return yards are equivalent to 25 rushing yards. Nice.

I love this. ESPN seems to make a conscious effort to prop him up by always listing his all purpose yards when they do it to no one else in the league. Even last night before the game when they were comparing him to LenDale White they showed LenDale's rushing yards and Reggie's all purpose yards so that they would be comparable.

i thought it was funny how reggie pumped the stadium up for when he came in for the punt return. ESPN was saying "here we go!" and then he returned it like what...8 yards?

how is he a "threat to take it to the house everytime he has the ball in his hands" if he...you know....never actually does anything with the ball in his hands? isn't, theoretically, EVERY player a threat to take it to the house when they have the ball? and that's what Bush is...just another football player. nothing special about him whatsoever.

But the Texans passed on him. Now who is the smart one? Of course espin will never admit how much they trashed the team. I hope I never meet anyone from espin because I seriously would want to spit in there face.

But the Texans passed on him. Now who is the smart one? Of course espin will never admit how much they trashed the team. I hope I never meet anyone from espin because I seriously would want to spit in there face.

Agreed. It just proves how brainless those people are. Kornheiser specifically. That dude is a complete joke. I can't stand to listen to him at all. At least Jaws has something intelligent to say sometimes.

Agreed. It just proves how brainless those people are. Kornheiser specifically. That dude is a complete joke. I can't stand to listen to him at all. At least Jaws has something intelligent to say sometimes.

I can't beleive i am going to say this. But i agree. Was Korheiser still wearing that rediculously flaming pink coat for MNF that i saw on PTI?

As for RB.....i still get asked why i hose the guy so much. What a brilliant decoy he is. Whatever. Last season went to that team's head and they aren't nearly hungry or inspired this year. Payton needed to get the ball to Deuce let teams key on HIS running game and let that open up the passing game for Brees and those set of pretty good receivers. The Saint really missed out this year on going defense in the first round. They really could've used some secondary help.

That said this team can turn it around but they got to realize just because they were Americas sweetheart last year doesn't mean anything this year. "Superman" Reggie this is your time to shine.... ha no really Brees and Payton collectively needs to gather this team up and get them back on track offensively and SOMEONE needs to step up on defense.

no reason to bash Kornheiser, he actually brought up that Bush is overrated last night. it was bizarre to hear that on ESPN.

yeah, but then he said "he's an outstanding back." which sort of conflicts with the previous statement of Bush being overrated.

I love this. ESPN seems to make a conscious effort to prop him up by always listing his all purpose yards when they do it to no one else in the league. Even last night before the game when they were comparing him to LenDale White they showed LenDale's rushing yards and Reggie's all purpose yards so that they would be comparable.

I noticed this as well, and it honestly makes me sick.

God i'm glad we took Mario!!!!!!! I never was high on Reggie to begin with....

yeah swt, you and i have had our differences, but the point about everyone gushing about "all-purpose yards." it's a perfect example of how Bush is deserving ultra-special treatment from the media and the NFL. that's usually followed with statements like "well bush isn't just a runningback, he's a special player and you have to look at his all-purpose yards to see how he truly impacts the game!"

unfortunately, Bush wasn't in the top 20 last year in "all-purpose yards."

yeah swt, you and i have had our differences, but the point about everyone gushing about "all-purpose yards." it's a perfect example of how Bush is deserving ultra-special treatment from the media and the NFL. that's usually followed with statements like "well bush isn't just a runningback, he's a special player and you have to look at his all-purpose yards to see how he truly impacts the game!"

especially if you add in quarterbacks. The yards they throw for should count too.....

I'll admit, Im not fond of you, but at least you've been consistent on the whole Bush thing. I would like some credit, as i've been the same. Im honestly just sick of the guy, and its to the point that im hoping giddily for his leg to snap in a million little pieces everytime he touches the ball.

I would like to add that when I first joined this board I said that Maroney & Adrian Peterson (duh) would be waaaay better backs than Bush & I took a ton of heat for it.

To all those who doubted me: eat crow.

I can't beleive i am going to say this. But i agree. Was Korheiser still wearing that rediculously flaming pink coat for MNF that i saw on PTI?

As for RB.....i still get asked why i hose the guy so much. What a brilliant decoy he is. Whatever. Last season went to that team's head and they aren't nearly hungry or inspired this year. Payton needed to get the ball to Deuce let teams key on HIS running game and let that open up the passing game for Brees and those set of pretty good receivers. The Saint really missed out this year on going defense in the first round. They really could've used some secondary help.

That said this team can turn it around but they got to realize just because they were Americas sweetheart last year doesn't mean anything this year. "Superman" Reggie this is your time to shine.... ha no really Brees and Payton collectively needs to gather this team up and get them back on track offensively and SOMEONE needs to step up on defense.

You probably already saw this, but Deuce is probably out for the year with a torn ACL:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...bYF?slug=txsaintsmcallister&prov=st&type=lgns

LMAO @ that post......yeah I can't even stick up for dude anymore....Reggie = a decoy...and not even a great decoy at that (because the more talented you are the better decoy you are).....

Last night was interesting because it sort of put the whole Lendale white vs reggie bush debate to rest.

I always thought bush would be the superstar. Then white comes in and moves the pile 5 yards a carry

Reggie Bush is the second quickest player to catch 100 receptions. He did in in 19 games, whereas the record is 16 games.

I don't understand the hate for the player. Yeah, he's overrated and overhyped, but that's not his fault. ESPiN always layers on the hyperbole, which is why I hardly ever watch it anymore. NFLN does 100 times a better job of analyzing the NFL, which is the only sport I truly care about. No more sitting through crappy baseball highlights to get a football take.

catching a bunch of dumpoffs because his coaching staff thinks he'll do something with them is nothing that special, since he didn't actually do anything with those catches.

Reggie Bush is the second quickest player to catch 100 receptions. He did in in 19 games, whereas the record is 16 games.

I don't understand the hate for the player. Yeah, he's overrated and overhyped, but that's not his fault. ESPiN always layers on the hyperbole, which is why I hardly ever watch it anymore. NFLN does 100 times a better job of analyzing the NFL, which is the only sport I truly care about. No more sitting through crappy baseball highlights to get a football take.

Catching a bunch of passes and doing nothing with them, is nothing to write home about.

Catching a bunch of passes and doing nothing with them, is nothing to write home about.

It's not that bad:

88 for 742 yards, average 8.4/catch, longest 74 yards, 2 TDs.

Like I said, the hype is nonsense, but there is no reason to hate the player, IMO. He seems like a nice guy, and to be honest, hearing a Vick-lover hate on any player is myopic, at best.

It's not that bad:

Like I said, the hype is nonsense, but there is no reason to hate the player, IMO. He seems like a nice guy, and to be honest, hearing a Vick-lover hate on any player is myopic, at best.

Could not agreemore but you know what college I cheer for at least most do, so disliking reggie "free house push" bush

I really didn't have a problem with Bush (or Young), till they used those commercials last year to slam the Texans for passing them up in the draft.

Now they are 'fair game' to all Texans' fans, in my book.

I try to keep my thoughts to myself though...:cool:

Bush was a huge mistake that was made.

As for Reggie... I don't want to be defending him, but honestly, now is not a good time to jump on his back and punch him in the back of his head!

We have to wait for LT to break out of his slump before we can start mounting Reggie from behind and punching him in the back of his head.

Not because I think Reggie can break out of his slump, but because it'll silence the detractors from saying "But LT's struggling too!"

It's not that bad:

shrugs. I've been on the reggie bush kick long before vick came around. He seems like a nice guy...that breaks NCAA rules, tries to get the nfl to change jersey rules, refused to wear regulation cleats, and got so much damn press that hellen keller knows who he is....swell fellow. I bet he pets every damn dog he sees.

As I said prior to the draft last year, Jerome Mathis had over 1500 all-purpose yards in his rookie year. He should have won ROY, easily.

shrugs. I've been on the reggie bush kick long before vick came around. He seems like a nice guy...that breaks NCAA rules, tries to get the nfl to change jersey rules, refused to wear regulation cleats, and got so much damn press that hellen keller knows who he is....swell fellow. I bet he pets every damn dog he sees.

But none of that compares to killing dogs for sport. Your logic - or lack thereof - escapes me.

If overhype bothers you, then I'm surprised you'd be so willing to root for the most overrated player of all time. To each his own and all that jazz, though.

But none of that compares to killing dogs for sport. Your logic - or lack thereof - escapes me.

If overhype bothers you, then I'm surprised you'd be so willing to root for the most overrated player of all time. To each his own and all that jazz, though.

back that up DB. He produced. He got hype, oh yes, but he also had one of the highest winning percentages as a starting qb in the nfl. Overrated means hype without substance. Vick produced.

back that up DB. He produced. He got hype, oh yes, but he also had one of the highest winning percentages as a starting qb in the nfl. Overrated means hype without substance. Vick produced.

I don't know, man. Rex Grossman had a pretty high winning percentage going into this year.

{speculation}then again, it could just be Vick ... err ... Grossman riding the coattails of his defense those few years it was good. {/speculation}

yeah, he did that all by his lonesome. Nothing else on the team mattered, because he did it all.

Riiiiiiiiiight. :ok:

Dude gets a $100 million contract as a QB with an annual rating in the 70s. He almost throws as many INTs as TDs. The best weapon he's got is/was his legs, not his arm. That's definitely the sign of a great QB....or not.

For the record, I think Vick and Bush are both overrated. But I've never held hype against any player. I'm just an NFL fan that takes what the media says with a grain of salt.

no reason to bash Kornheiser, he actually brought up that Bush is overrated last night. it was bizarre to hear that on ESPN.

But i mean....a pink plaid overcoat? I'm not being the fashion police or anything but....dude there is something horribly wrong with that.

:read:

Fourth and Two with the National Championship on the line and Pete Carrol doesnt even have the guy on the field ..... :popcorn:

Its about time the media hype machine caught up with the rest of the world . Now if only they would quit shoving Yanks Sox down the nations collective throats ......:hairpull:

:read:

Fourth and Two with the National Championship on the line and Pete Carrol doesnt even have the guy on the field ..... :popcorn:

Its about time the media hype machine caught up with the rest of the world . Now if only they would quit shoving Yanks Sox down the nations collective throats ......:hairpull:

dont hold your breath on that happening :bomb:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/columns/story/10373639

Bush is fast becoming 21st-century Mandarich
Sep. 26, 2007
By Mike Freeman
CBSSports.com National Columnist

This is who running back Reggie Bush is starting to resemble. He's beginning to look a lot like Mandarich.

You remember Mandarich. It was Mandarich who literally fooled the entire NFL industrial complex –- coaches, general managers and the media. Everyone. In the months leading to the 1989 draft, stories of Mandarich's athletic prowess grew to almost legendary status. He was Paul Bunyan Mandarich. He could pancake a defensive lineman with one arm tied behind his back.

The legend of Mandarich grew so rapidly and suckered so many people it remains one of the great draft con jobs of all time. What Mandarich did was take a good college career –- he was an All-American player at Michigan State, an Outland finalist and twice was the Big Ten lineman of the year -– added some Guns N' Roses tatts, talked smack about how he could beat up Mike Tyson, acted like he loved the smell of Napalm in the morning and soon enough, people bought the tough guy act. He was right.

Sports Illustrated put Mandarich on its cover and actually wondered if he was the best offensive line draft prospect in history. Incredibly, Mandarich was selected by the Green Bay Packers ahead of players like Deion Sanders and Barry Sanders.

Mandarich is without question the most overrated draft prospect in the history of sports. And this is where Bush comes in. He's not so far behind Mandarich when it comes to creating a magnanimous image that isn't real. Not so far at all.

In fact, as I revise my list of the top 10 most overrated athletes of all time, not just draft selections, but all professional athletes, Bush is quickly advancing towards the top five. My top 10 now goes something like this:

10. Vince Carter –- His terrible shooting makes him one dimensional.

9. Chris Webber –- Average NBA career but grand name recognition.

8. Jose Canseco -– Has had more of an impact on baseball post-career with his mouth than he ever did with his bat.

7. John Daly –- Could easily be top three.

6. Bo Jackson –- Both overrated and underrated. Overrated because his career was so short; underrated because he is one of the best athletes sports has ever witnessed.

5. Reggie Bush –- This from former Denver offensive lineman and current analyst Mark Schlereth: "You look at Reggie Bush. Reggie Bush doesn't know how to run between the tackles right now. He's a guy that's an edge runner. He's a guy that right now is not fulfilling his part of this offense."

4. Joe Namath –- 220 interceptions, one championship and a lot of horrible seasons.

3. Michael Vick –- Good player but career shortened due to stupidity.

2. Mike Tyson -- Devastating puncher and one trick fighter.

1. David Beckham –- No one, but no one, comes even close.

(A quick top 10 most underrated ever: Marion Motley, Artis Gilmore, Justine Henin, Bo Jackson, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Olympic star Rafer Johnson, Donovan McNabb (maybe the most under-appreciated player in NFL history), Don Hutson, Jim Rice, and Lenny Moore.)

The problem with Bush is that his impact on a game is extremely minimal as compared to the media hype and endorsement frenzy. I may be sick of seeing Peyton Manning's mug on television more than Larry King's but Manning is one of the top five most pivotal players in football.

Defensive coordinators have told me this season that Bush may be seen as a superstar to the general public but he is not someone who keeps them awake at night. They say he's not as fast as he looks, can be covered by a linebacker one-on-one and gets shy around contact. That last description is not exactly what you want to hear about your franchise runner.

Now we will get to see just how good Bush is and if he is worth the hype. With the loss of the Saints' real running back, Deuce McAllister, to a torn knee ligament, the team will rely heavily on Bush.

I can tell you everyone in football is watching what happens next not with the Saints but with Bush.

If Bush is so good, as his P.R. machine wants everyone to believe, he'll use McAllister's absence to prove me and his critics wrong and take the Saints on his back.

But I don't think Bush will prove anyone wrong because Bush has pulled a Mandarich on the Saints and the NFL by bamboozling many normally smart guys who should know better. His USC hype and Denzel looks overpowered the Saints' common sense. Now, they're paying the price for utilizing such a high pick on a guy who is basically Dave Meggett.

Do you remember how people were actually comparing Bush to Gayle Sayers?

Bush = Gayle Sayers. That's just insane in the membrane.

Bill Parcells called Bush a "satellite player." (Leave it to Bill "Gandolfini" Parcells to come up with some smart-ass Jersey lexicon.) Parcells went on to explain the phrase satellite player by stating Bush plays in space. Great. Now Bush is Reggie Sputnik.

The coming days and months will get interesting for Bush and the Saints. He was last year's golden dude but this season he is receiving much more scrutiny and even criticism. Bush in 2006 enjoyed a post-Katrina boost from the league, the media and fans with all three overlooking Bush's on-field shortcomings because of his charitable contributions and the team's special circumstances.

Now that the Saints are 0-3 and their best player is gone for the year, that once-present glow has thinned and reality has hit.

And the reality is that Bush is not so far off from being the 21st century version of Mandarich, the greatest draft huckster ever.

So good luck with Bush, New Orleans.

Is it too late for the Saints to draft a running back?

Original post = hilarious.

My favorite pro-Bush argument: "a defense has to account for him every time he's on the field."

Duh.

My prediction is that within 4 games Reggie will get injured and miss the remainder of the season because he will try to "shoulder" all the load..

He can't play every down..

www.profootballtalk.com

They now have a story about how Reggie is overrated. I love how the tone of it is that 'nobody else thinks Reggie's overrated except for 'those in the know''. They also give the Texans props for knowing this ahead of time... but then of course it busts us for not taking Vince. SNORE.

So there's that. Many others are starting to finally come around to what some of us have known for a long time.

Wow. Great post. While we're at it, don't forget how the NCAA has pretty much swept under the rug his and his parents obvious violations that would erase a couple of national championships.

The city of new orleans loves you reggie. You have fans everywhere you go. The Visa commercial tells me so.

QUOTE]

You forget, this is the 'aints, a perennial loser franchise. The place where fans where brown bags over their heads in games b/c they're embarassed they support them. They are always gonna love him as long as he has seasons like he did last year, even though they are not that special.

Back