Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Looking at the 08 schedule.

Looks like a cakewalk of a schedule for our powerful defensive line. Lots of teams with QB problems (Minnesota, Chicago, Green Bay, Baltimore, and possibly Cleveland). Then someone mentioned the Bills and the Dolphins. I'd think that our defensive line would be clamoring over this to pad their stats.

I don't claim to be an expert. Far from it. At first glance, at this time, it just seems like a cakewalk. What do you guys think?

Looks like a cakewalk of a schedule for our powerful defensive line. Lots of teams with QB problems (Minnesota, Chicago, Green Bay, Baltimore, and possibly Cleveland). Then someone mentioned the Bills and the Dolphins. I'd think that our defensive line would be clamoring over this to pad their stats.

I don't claim to be an expert. Far from it. At first glance, at this time, it just seems like a cakewalk. What do you guys think?

How does Green Bay and Cleveland have QB problems.

How does Green Bay and Cleveland have any QB problems.
I think it's fair to assume that Farve will retire after the season. Assume being the key word.

I think that Cleveland will probably want to get Quinn involved in the offense by next season. He'll presumably need a period of adjustment. Hopefully that happens when he plays the Texans. I don't think they plan to make Anderson their long term answer with Quinn sitting there. I could be wrong which is why I said possibly.

The only way I possibly see Brett Farve retiring is if the Packers win the SB.....even if they do, he seems too reinvigorated to quit now.

Derrick Anderson is only one year older than Brady Quinn.......and he's a proven QB who single handedly saved his coach's job........I think Romeo is going to return the favor. Brady Quinn fell just as far as Aaron Rodgers, which means his cap number isn't going to be anything close to being large enough to push Anderson out of his starting job (so this isn't a Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers situation)............Anderson is going to have to play himself out of that job first.

The only way I possibly see Brett Farve retiring is if the Packers win the SB.....even if they do, he seems too reinvigorated to quit now.

Derrick Anderson is only one year older than Brady Quinn.......and he's a proven QB who single handedly saved his coach's job........I think Romeo is going to return the favor. Brady Quinn fell just as far as Aaron Rodgers, which means his cap number isn't going to be anything close to being large enough to push Anderson out of his starting job (so this isn't a Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers situation)............Anderson is going to have to play himself out of that job first.
If both of those are the case then they certainly won't have QB problems. I just am leaning towards both of them leaving their teams somewhat. More of Favre retiring than Anderson. I think it's a certainity. He has a chance to go out on top. After having a monster season. This is the way to go out for him. Can you say... John Elway ending? Will he win the superbowl? I certainly hope so! Even if he doesn't... this is the best time for him to go. He almost left at rock bottom last year. I don't think he'll chance that happening again. I see him retiring. He owns the TD and yardage records outright. He did what he came here to do this season. Them winning all those games was an added bonus.

I would have thought that Anderson only has one year remaining if not two. His value is really high. They could very well be sellers if he has more years. Remember, they traded up for Quinn. I still think they want Quinn to be their franchise QB. I'm not a Cleveland Browns follower at all but it'd just be my thinking at first glance.

It's almost like "a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush".........should you go with the guy who you already know what he's capable of or do you automatically hand the keys to the franchise over to basically a unproven rookie QB who could turn out to be a bust and set your franchise back for years to come.

If I'm the Brown's FO and some 24 year old QB just lead my team to the playoffs while putting up the passing numbers that he did........I'm going to bring him back and see what act two looks like.

It's almost like "a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush".........should you go with the guy who you already know what he's capable of or do you automatically hand the keys to the franchise over to basically a unproven rookie QB who could turn out to be a bust and set your franchise back for years to come.

If I'm the Brown's FO and some 24 year old QB just lead my team to the playoffs while putting up the passing numbers that he did........I'm going to bring him back and see what act two looks like.
I can definitely see that happening. That's probably what I'd do too. Someone has to play devil's advocate with what to do with Quinn from a business standpoint. Anderson's stock has never been higher. Do they unload him? Or do they unload Quinn, a man they ponied/traded up for? Beats me. I'm just glad I'm not a GM. It's a tough job to handle. Kinda like our Scahub/Rosenfels debate going on in the forums.

Why not? Half our team is from Green Bay and Denver. Hell, we might do real well.

That's true, I forgot about that..........although almost all our core/franchise players are from the south.

Schaub/Sage (Atlanta and Miami)
Andre
DeMeco
Dunta (if he even plays)
Bennett (both South Carolina)
Mario (also from Carolina)

HOME
Baltimore - is not a slotch team. has a great defense but is over shadowed by their terrible offensive play. If Troy Smith is their answer I won't chalk this up as a win just yet.

Cincinnati - Team seems way too inconsistant this year. If they fix some of the problems that have been plagueing them this year they may have a good run.

Chicago - The defense has been beaten down. D. Hester is an animal. This team reminds me of the waterboy, Bobby can't do it by himself. (team runs on the field and coach stops bobby) Bobby you're going to have to do it by yourself.

Detroit - Not sure if John Kitna was their answer. We'll see how they do in the offseason

Colts - Very winnable game. PRESSURE MANNING

Jax - They have looked phenominal this year.

Titians - Seems the best way to win is make VY more of a QB and pressure him.

Unknown team - either Miami, Raiders or Cheifs.

AWAY

Cleveland - Have made some great strides this year and took full advantage of an injured Texans team. Hope to repay them next year.

Pittsburgh - Team has a #1 defense right now and a semi-ok offense.

Green Bay - Their defense is nothing shy of amazing and depending on whether or not Favre comes back they maybe trying to rebuild a little bit with a new QB

Minnesota - Has an amazing RB in Adrian Peterson but if can be stopped will surely slow down the offense.

Colts - Will be hard to win in colts stadium. Offense is great and Defense has really stepped it up this year

Titans - Offense is in need of some work and Defense has really looked good.

Jax - Offense and defense look great this year.

unknown team - Unknown team - either Miami, Raiders or Cheifs.

The last two games will probably be Miami at home and Kansas City or Oakland (who are currently tied for fourth place in the West at 4-10) away.

Unless Tennessee goes into free-fall and we win out, in which case we will play the 3rd place team in the East at home (Jets) and the third place team in the West away (still either Kansas City or Oakland).

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afcs.htm

I think it's fair to assume that Farve will retire after the season. Assume being the key word.

I think that Cleveland will probably want to get Quinn involved in the offense by next season. He'll presumably need a period of adjustment. Hopefully that happens when he plays the Texans. I don't think they plan to make Anderson their long term answer with Quinn sitting there. I could be wrong which is why I said possibly.

I think Cleveland will franchise Anderson for one year to see if he can consistently be good, and then make a long term decision after next season.

I think that six months ago most Texans fans (including myself) would have looked at this schedule and cringed. Glad to see the tide is changing...

Brady Quinn fell just as far as Aaron Rodgers, which means his cap number isn't going to be anything close to being large enough to push Anderson out of his starting job (so this isn't a Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers situation)............

I think you are wrong here. Quinn didn't fall into Cleveland's lap, they traded up for him.

Quinn held out too long, if he hadn't, he may have started sooner or got at least a chance to play. Which is very similar to the Phillip Rivers situation.

Bottom line is Quinn got a big contract, which is why he held out, and Cleveland is going to have to make choice after next year or so. Quinn's deal was more like Matt Lienart's, not Aaron Rodgers.

expecting Reliant Stadium to be emptied when Ronnie Brown shatters all of Emmitt Smith's career records by halftime. Ted Ginn will get within a few hundred yards of Jerry Rice's all-time record, but doesn't break it till the second half.

expecting Reliant Stadium to be emptied when Ronnie Brown shatters all of Emmitt Smith's career records by halftime. Ted Ginn will get within a few hundred yards of Jerry Rice's all-time record, but doesn't break it till the second half.

Put that Ricky Williams blunt down and step away from the computer.

Unfortunately, Cleo Lemon will break Brett Favre's interception record as well.

Here we go again.

Just like sweeping the Jags and the tacks this year ? How many of us garenteed that last off season ? Inquiring minds wish to know ?. There are no cake walks in a sixteen game NFL schedule. My only goal for '08 is to win three in a row. That is it. Win a month, any month. The earlier the better. Spliting with in the division woulndn't hurt either.

The fins are coming again? Damn and I was hoping only for the good teams. Well, a win is a win.

I think you are wrong here. Quinn didn't fall into Cleveland's lap, they traded up for him.

Quinn held out too long, if he hadn't, he may have started sooner or got at least a chance to play. Which is very similar to the Phillip Rivers situation.

Bottom line is Quinn got a big contract, which is why he held out, and Cleveland is going to have to make choice after next year or so. Quinn's deal was more like Matt Lienart's, not Aaron Rodgers.

Except that Aaron Rodgers fell to pick 24. Matt Leinart fell to pick 10. There's a big difference there. Cleveland traded their '08 first rd pick to get Quinn at the 22 spot, which looks like it's going to turn out to be somewhere in the low 20's again this year.

No doubt in my mind they drafted Quinn to be their future signal caller but it may not come as soon as they thought. I don't see the point in franchising Derek Anderson either, in order to do so you would have to pay him Top 5 QB money and there is no way he's worth paying that money to.

Here we go again.

Just like sweeping the Jags and the tacks this year ? How many of us garenteed that last off season ? Inquiring minds wish to know ?. There are no cake walks in a sixteen game NFL schedule. My only goal for '08 is to win three in a row. That is it. Win a month, any month. The earlier the better. Spliting with in the division woulndn't hurt either.
Here we go again...

Seems was a word that I used. Seems like a cakewalk FOR OUR DEFENSIVE LINE. I, of course, know there are no cakewalk games. I never implied that we'd win those games. My post was in reference to our stat hungry defensive line. For what it's worth, I never thought that we were going to sweep anybody so I don't really know what your point is.

We have the same goal though... I'd love to win three games in a row but I'll do you one better... four games in a row is a must next season for me.

Here we go again.

1) Jags just aren't the same CAKEWALK:winky: without Leftwich, much like we aren't without YKW.
2) I think at least that has gotta be a goal. I doubt we make the playoffs if we don't.

Home: Jags, Colts, Titans, Ravens, Bengals, Bears, Lions, AFC East Team (Phins)
Away: Jags, Colts, Titans, Browns, Steelers, Packers, Vikings, AFC West Team (Oak/KC)

Away: Jags, Colts, Titans, Browns, Steelers, Packers, Vikings, AFC West Team (Oak/KC)

Gahhhh...what's with the Florida teams every year? We've played the Dolphins and/or Bucs twice a year, EVERY YEAR, I think since our inception. Add to that the Jags twice a year, and we might as well be playing in a grapefruit league.

I don't think Favre will retire. Not after the outstanding play of not only himself but the team as well. He's healthy and the team is a SB contender. He'll give it another go I think.

Just curious. Why would the Browns be an away game? We played them THERE this year.

Back