Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

(3) Texans @ (2) Patriots 3:30. 1/13. **Official Divisional GameDay Thread**

Our trophy .

juicyflex.jpeg

Had we gotten that onside kick, the game might have become tighter.

Dadgum it. We had a chance.

look at that last first down,

instead of playing in conservative and run out the clock,

belicheck and company pass the ball and go for the kill.

KILLER INSTINCT.

that's why he has superbowls and that's why gary is gary.

if that was gary he would have ran ran ran ran field goal.

look at that last first down,

instead of playing in conservative and run out the clock,

belicheck and company pass the ball and go for the kill.

KILLER INSTINCT.

that's why he has superbowls and that's why gary is gary.

if that was gary he would have ran ran ran ran field goal.

Having Tom Brady execute the plays certainly helps.

Dropped passes, dropped onside kick, holding call on 3rd down. Just killed ourselves with mistakes.

Well.... they dropped some passes to. That holding call was BS, that's football. You want your guys to check their guys in that 5 yards. It wasn't even close, they were on the 4 yard line.

The onside kick...... low percentage play.

We lost this game thinking our "tried & true" "don't panic" offense was going to produce more than it did.

Well.... they dropped some passes to. That holding call was BS, that's football. You want your guys to check their guys in that 5 yards. It wasn't even close, they were on the 4 yard line.

The onside kick...... low percentage play.

We lost this game thinking our "tried & true" "don't panic" offense was going to produce more than it did.

Pretty much.

This offense only works for the Texans when they have a lead. The moment they went down two scores again they should have put the pedal to the medal.

If nothing else, it tells us we switched to a vertical offense way too late.

But with that, there is the idea too that the Patriots have been bending, bending, and playing sort of prevent against us.....they did this to us last time, too, laying off and letting us burn clock.

Trying to control the game was a better plan than letting Schaub sling it around. Schaub looks good when facing an inferior defense OR when facing a prevent defense. That's what average QBs do: Rack up stats and then the Stat Junkies say "But Schaub has like one billion yards with THIS offense!"

It played out like i thought it would...we'd play better, but we'd need to play well over our heads to beat them and thats alot to ask from a tram with so many glaring weaknesses.

Well we made a good run at it at the end.

No points for digging an impossibly deep hole and then playing well when the pressure was off and the Patriots started playing prevent. Those kinds of moral victories went out when David Carr was sent packing.

It was a good season by and large. The Texans have work to do. Matt Schaub needs to go but won't for at least another year or two. The only way to mitigate the damage his worthless ass can do is to not depend on him to win anything. That means we need help on the OL badly and we need to make the defense deeper and better. We might as well get used to the idea that if we're going to win any more than we have then we'll need to be one of those low scoring defense oriented teams to do it. Then just hope to avoid the Patriots in the post-season.

There was a collective "We need to do this!" last year.

This year there's been a collective "We've arrived!"

And there's a QB in Indianapolis who will have more heart next year than this collective group of entitled players will. I don't care if I get neg rep for that, because frankly it's the truth. Gary and Matt are at the top of their peak. We've seen the top with them. Luck is going to grow.
One of the glaring missing links is that all elusive elite, heck excellent QB. We get Carr and Schaub. Indy's out of it for a year, but they're right back again with a kid who shows more promise in one season than we've ever seen from Schaub.
Kubiak's play calling and Schaubs inability to improvise. Yes, we've seen the very top with these two. But there won't be a change, wish there were, but it won't happen. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised in the off season.
I've wanted them gone for so long, even at the end of, what was it 2009, when the Texans won four straight meaningless games.

We had a great season guys and I enjoyed spending it with you all on game days. I hope next season we take it all the way!

Love you all and I LOVE our TEXANS no matter what!!!

Yep, both him and GlenRice, pair of reprobates who this board doesn't need quite frankly.

Just hoping Gary sees that his current philosophy isn't going to get it done at the highest level and changes things up in the offseason, rather than looking at the multitude of little mistakes that could have turned this game and thinking he was close enough.

Back