Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Austin Texans fans 2014

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
2013 will be a distant, foggy memory with enough time, alcohol, and wins. So it's time to get your drinking arm in football shape for the season.

Which brings me to the first order of business: Is anyone going to Lavaca St Bar tonight for the preseason game? Really, the best reason to go is because it's Saturday and you can get lit up, and nothing is more attractive to the girls downtown than a raving drunk football fan. So who's with me?

6/16/2014 - big grin ever since.

Awesome. I didn't leave because I didn't like it there. I just wanted to try something else since I can do it with my business and so far so good. It's been 2 years in central Florida and I am still good in the tropical climate. That said, central Texas is the only other place I would live in this country besides where I am at now. If I did come back I would probably end up in Canyon Lake or someplace close to there. I don't need to live in Austin for work and would probably prefer something away from the traffic and hustle. That said, I will always consider myself an Austinite. Congrats man!

Awesome. I didn't leave because I didn't like it there. I just wanted to try something else since I can do it with my business and so far so good. It's been 2 years in central Florida and I am still good in the tropical climate. That said, central Texas is the only other place I would live in this country besides where I am at now. If I did come back I would probably end up in Canyon Lake or someplace close to there. I don't need to live in Austin for work and would probably prefer something away from the traffic and hustle. That said, I will always consider myself an Austinite. Congrats man!

Well if you ever make that decision, you message me, because I do sell homes there... even to my teasip brethren :)

Dang I though we closed the gate, LOL.
Actually I moved out to Dripping Springs to get away from all the ATX sprawl, unfortunately my nice quiet country home is now being swallowed up by the sprawl. There are three new developments coming to DS, on of 1000 homes, one of 700 homes and one with 400 homes. Not to mention Belterra is now jumping on the boom and adding two more sections of homes. Sheesh I may have to move closer to the border to avoid the traffic and growth.

Dang I though we closed the gate, LOL.
Actually I moved out to Dripping Springs to get away from all the ATX sprawl, unfortunately my nice quiet country home is now being swallowed up by the sprawl. There are three new developments coming to DS, on of 1000 homes, one of 700 homes and one with 400 homes. Not to mention Belterra is now jumping on the boom and adding two more sections of homes. Sheesh I may have to move closer to the border to avoid the traffic and growth.

I'm not contributing to any sprawl. I live on S. Lamar right next to Barton Springs. Don't drive much and 75+% of that is by motorcycle.

But being originally from Austin and having family here I feel your pain.

2013 will be a distant, foggy memory with enough time, alcohol, and wins. So it's time to get your drinking arm in football shape for the season.

Which brings me to the first order of business: Is anyone going to Lavaca St Bar tonight for the preseason game? Really, the best reason to go is because it's Saturday and you can get lit up, and nothing is more attractive to the girls downtown than a raving drunk football fan. So who's with me?

I'll be showing up during the regular season.

YES!! The only cure!!!

And as far as Chris and his incredibly hot red-head wife/family moving to Austin....... They're sell-outs! Next thing ya know, they'll be 'Gurls fans!! :pirate:

:cowboy1:

For many years, as age indicates :)

Very cool that's my area of business also. Well, agents (and lenders) are our clients. We just passed 10K agent clients a couple of months ago with our Listing Booster product. If you do listings let me know. I will give you a TexansTalk member complimentary account. ;). I think we are plugged into your MLS now.

I love the marketing/sales side of the industry but not so much the rest ;).

Hey Everybody,
Tonight is the official homecoming for the Austin Texans Fan Group.
We will be meeting at Lavaca Street Bar as usual, and there will be a party like no other to kick off the 2014 season.
Free beer, free food, and of course there will be free raffles for the swag Our Houston Texans have sent us.
I look forward to seeing all you guys and hopefully we can put the fluke of last season behind us.
Get there before the end of the 1st quarter to get your raffle tickets.
GO TEXANS!!!!!

I have a lot to do to get ready for tonight's game, so if I don't reply on here that is why. But don't be a band wagon rider, come on down to Lavaca Street Bar.
That includes you Big Wig. I'm just as far out as you here in Bastrop, so NO EXCUSES. LOL

Welcome Nawzer,
I think you'll enjoy watching the games with us. There is a ton of spirit and die hard camaraderie at Lavaca Street Bar with the Austin Texans Fan Group.
If you are ion Facebook, make sure to join us at .......

https://www.facebook.com/groups/austintexan/

.........for all the latest news and activities.

We have the entire back room, which overflows into the rest of the bar most games and they treat us well there with tons of specials and prize give aways every week.

I moved to Austin last week and it's good to know there is a Texans group here.

Cool man, I look forward to meeting both of you in person at Lavaca. Me and Texanator are typically the 2 rabble rousers of the group along with Big Wig when he can make it, it's a damn fun time!

I make what games I can but on the Sundays I have my 8 year old I can't bring her up to the bar obviously but I try to make most of the other games I don't have her. Look forward to drinking a cold one with you guys (if you partake of course).

:htown2atx:

Cool man, I look forward to meeting both of you in person at Lavaca. Me and Texanator are typically the 2 rabble rousers of the group along with Big Wig when he can make it, it's a damn fun time!

I make what games I can but on the Sundays I have my 8 year old I can't bring her up to the bar obviously but I try to make most of the other games I don't have her. Look forward to drinking a cold one with you guys (if you partake of course).

:htown2atx:

I was going to ask about kids. In Houston we met at Bubba's bar and Grill and kids attended. So Lavaca doesn't allow kids or you just don't like taking them into those venues?

Very cool that's my area of business also. Well, agents (and lenders) are our clients. We just passed 10K agent clients a couple of months ago with our Listing Booster product. If you do listings let me know. I will give you a TexansTalk member complimentary account. ;). I think we are plugged into your MLS now.

I love the marketing/sales side of the industry but not so much the rest ;).

I do it all Hook'em... from Farm & Ranch to commercial and all points in between.... one of the most mobile agents in Central Texas... I'm in every MLS from Austin to San Antonio, and cover from the Eagle Ford Shell to the north end of Lake Travis... hook me up :)

I was going to ask about kids. In Houston we met at Bubba's bar and Grill and kids attended. So Lavaca doesn't allow kids or you just don't like taking them into those venues?

I've never asked the staff. I have heard from other members of our group that for the Noon games (which is usually the Texans slot) kids are allowed but I have never actually seen any there and I just heard that from random people not the staff. So I'm not sure.

This place is more of an actual bar rather than a bar and grill type set up (though they have food) so I assume kids are not allowed. Plus no, I'm not a huge fan of bringing her there only because I don't want the extra worry about drinking or rowdy crowds etc.

I have a lot to do to get ready for tonight's game, so if I don't reply on here that is why. But don't be a band wagon rider, come on down to Lavaca Street Bar.
That includes you Big Wig. I'm just as far out as you here in Bastrop, so NO EXCUSES. LOL

You stole from my avatar!!! I should copyrighted it.

To go along with what HTown2ATX is saying, not sure if they are allowed or not (I would think not). However I will agree that it's not a place for kids (unless it's changed in 2 years since I left). It can get crowded and a little rowdy (not really in a bad way but not for kids).

To go along with what HTown2ATX is saying, not sure if they are allowed or not (I would think not). However I will agree that it's not a place for kids (unless it's changed in 2 years since I left). It can get crowded and a little rowdy (not really in a bad way but not for kids).

I would not take mine there and she is 15, not that she hasn't heard or seen it all by now, but its more of an adult joint.

I had neglected to check this thread because of work and travel, then come back to news that Chris is living in Austin. Chris, Lavaca St Bar gets pretty crowded and rowdy, and I've never seen kids there. Maybe Uncle Billy's on Barton Springs would be ok for that since they're also a barbecue joint with a kids menu. FYI, they offer validated parking in the back garage. The Tavern might be alright, but Barton Springs Saloon doesn't seem kid friendly.

For years I've had an annual tradition of meeting friends at Common Interest on Burnett since they have the Sunday Ticket on 20 screens, but Seattle fans have descended on it like locusts, so I may be at Lavaca a lot more this year.

Just to set it straight.
Kids are allowed for early games, but not afternoon, or night games.
It does get loud and rowdy, but that is what we set it up for. To be as close to a real game day experience as we could in Austin.
We have traveled all over Austin trying to find a bar that would cater to us, the fans of the Houston Texans, and met with varying, but always lacking support.
Third Base, Common Interest and many others promised us sound and big screens only to renege on these after a few weeks or when some other fan group showed up and then we were delegated to some small screen in a corner with no sound or given an area that could only hold a few folks.
Lavaca Street Bar has been consistent with their support and dedicated room for Texans fans along with drink specials and gift cards every week for 4+ years.
There may be a few other bars out there who will show Texans games once in a while, but you will not find another place with the support and fan base we have built at Lavaca Street Bar.
Big Wig can tell you how frustrating it was for us for several years trying to find a "home".
But we have one now, and my hat is off to them and all the love they have shown us.

Last edited:
Obviously someone doesn't like me promoting LSB on here because my "precious" rep power has plummeted since we moved there.
Oh well, I hope it makes them happy, because it don't mean ca-ca to me LOL!

Who is giving you a hard time man, that's what this forum and thread are all about.
There is "with out a doubt" no better place, and group of fans in Austin that whole heartedly support the team. Lavaca Street Bar has done what I was dreaming of when I bought my season tickets in 1999, it has given us Texan fans a place to go for games when we could not get to Htown and feel welcomed and right at home.

Well said Big Wig.
Those years we wandered like Moses through the desert are gone, and the warm welcome we get and the rabid fans who attend can not be beaten.
GO TEXANS!

Holy Sheet! Welcome (back). I may hit up LSB for a game this year, been meaning to for awhile now.

Thanks. My plan is to be a regular at LSB for games. I sold my PSLs and need a roar of the game fix. It's cool though, I sold my PSLs to a couple who have been behind us since 2004 and they're "come anytime you want" kind of folks, so I will be there to see the Texans take on Kubiak and the Ravens.

Yeah i dont plan to bring my 8 year old there so i miss a lot of games including the game tomorrow as ill have her but i try to make games i dont have her. Also yeah its a great time and i look forward to meeting new people from the board as well as old friends this season.

Fantastic group of fans at a great venue. Nice putting some faces to Internet names.

Will be there next week to see Watt play Oakland.

Glad you made it out Infantry, and what a way to welcome you, with a Texans victory.
Wooooooooooooooo!
I hope you make it to many more and spread the word!
GO TEXANS!!!

Is there a get together for tomorrow's game?

Every single Sunday the crowd is going strong so yeah. Just get there by 11 when they open if you want a good seat if the weather is good as it will get pretty packed. If it is still crappy tomorrow then it probably won't be too full.

Sadly I won't be there this weekend :(

The later games don't fill up as fast as the noon games do.
Noon games you need to be there by 11:30 for one of the better spots. For 3:00 games I'd suggest being there by 2-2:30. We have the back room on reserve, but there are always other team fans we have to deal with and politely toss out of our seats. LOL
GO TEXANS!

Just a suggestion: If they get the pregame coverage on every TV well before the game, other team fans will voluntarily relocate.

Just a suggestion: If they get the pregame coverage on every TV well before the game, other team fans will voluntarily relocate.

I've made that statement before and we usually do have it on.
Last week the mgr was slow on the draw and he found out why we ask for that.
i don't foresee any more problems, hopefully.

One more about out....if you're ever in Austin when the Texans are playing this is a great spot. Texanator is a really cool dude. Showed a lot of love. Atmosphere was off the chain.

Back