Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans @ Arizona Cardinals. 11/10. 3:25. CBS. **Official Game Thread**

dghxdf.jpg

As if trying to avoid the longest losing streak in team history isn't tough enough, the Houston Texans must attempt to do so without their coach and perhaps their star running back as well.

With ailing Gary Kubiak out indefinitely and running back Arian Foster sidelined, the visiting Texans look to avoid a seventh straight defeat Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals.

Kubiak collapsed while suffering a transient ischemic attack (TIA), or mini-stroke, while jogging off the field at halftime of Houston's 27-24 loss to Indianapolis last Sunday night. Without their coach, the Texans were outscored 24-3 in the second half en route to matching the club record for consecutive losses.

The 52-year-old Kubiak was released from the hospital Tuesday and is expected to make a full recovery, but when he will return to the field remains uncertain.

"I've been through an ordeal and my focus now is to get back to good health," Kubiak said in a statement released by the team.

Serving as interim coach, defensive coordinator Wade Phillips will try to help the Texans end a disastrous slide during which they've scored 20 or more points twice and allowed an average of 28.7.

Houston yielded 19.0 points per contest while going 22-10 and winning the AFC South the previous two seasons.

"It's been frustrating, especially after the past two seasons and the expectations," receiver Andre Johnson said. "But if you don't go out and play the way you're supposed to play you're not going to win. And we didn't do that so that's why we haven't been winning ... somehow some way we've got to go out and fix the mistakes we've been making and try to win a game."

After topping the 100-yard receiving mark twice and not scoring over the first seven games, Johnson caught nine passes for 229 yards and three TDs against the Colts.

Case Keenum has been a nice surprise for Houston, throwing for 621 yards with four TDs and no interceptions in two starts since replacing the benched Matt Schaub. However, the Texans have managed one touchdown while being outscored 94-19 after the first half of the last six games.

Keenum won't be handing the ball off to Foster, who departed after Houston's first possession last Sunday with a back injury. Foster, who has rushed for 542 yards, left the Texans' previous game at Kansas City on Oct. 20 with a hamstring injury after running for 11 yards on four carries.

Backup Ben Tate rushed for 81 yards on a season-high 22 carries against the Colts despite dealing with four broken ribs, and he'll start in Foster's place.

2f0d0rq.jpg

1eb6h3.jpg

2prch74.jpg

What I want to see:

Cards have an aggressive D, so make 'em pay

Play action could be key today, as well as the deep ball. I would love to see the Texans take some shots down field. This Arizona D is solid, but beatable.

Cut down Andre Ellington in the run and pass game

This kid can play, and is multidimensional. He can be quite electric on the field, so shutting him down is extremely important. Ellington getting Arizona's offense going could give Carson Palmer hope, so let's eliminate that today.

Rattle Palmer; give Zona's O little breathing room

Once he's knocked around, you COULD see the Cardinal offense turtle up and be inefficient, which leads to: Turnovers, 3 and outs, and a tired Arizona D.

A WIN (For Kubiak)

Simple as that. Season may already be over, but these guys have to be sick of this. So, get a W and get it for coach!

What's good, fam? Ain't 1-0 this week is so obvious? Got to get this one for Coach Kube. Team needs to feel confident about... something! How's about we go to 'Zona, get a W, and get that winning feeling back? Agreed? Agreed. Root hard for your squad, folks. LET'S GET IT, TEXANS!!

For some reason I thought it was a 12:00 PM start and I just realized it was a 3:25 start. After having a long night, I don't have to worry about waking up in time for the game. :)

Case Keenum is looking like something special.

Let's get him his first career win today. He should be 2-0 but is 0-2.

10-CBS-L-V2.png

Denver @ San Diego (red) -- Jim Nantz, Phil Simms [AK; HI]
Houston @ Arizona (blue) -- Kevin Harlan, Solomon Wilcots
NO GAME (grey) due to NFL rules

Game Release

Officiating crew: Gene Steratore

Keys to victory:
1. Score more points than the other team (thought they may need to be reminded of this small detail)
2. No penalties on 3rd down.
3. Don't let Randy lose this one, score TDs.
4. Tackle, tackle, tackle.

He should be 2-0 but is 0-2.

We should have wont the last two Super Bowls. We should be undefeated this year. Should should, would would, could could ... Welcome to Houston, we apparently love to lose.

(see Joe Marciano, Matt Schaub, Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak still being on the pay-roll)

10-CBS-L-V2.png

Denver @ San Diego (red) -- Jim Nantz, Phil Simms [AK; HI]
Houston @ Arizona (blue) -- Kevin Harlan, Solomon Wilcots
NO GAME (grey) due to NFL rules

I HATE DFW!!! I can't imagine there are as many people who want to watch Denver slaughter San Diego as there are displaced Houston fans in DFW.

You know what really chaps my ass? The Rams are blowing the Colts out right now. We beat them last week with all the penalty BS and we beat Arizona this week, and suddenly it'd only be a freakin' 1 game lead for the Colts in the division.

Depressing.

You know what really chaps my ass? The Rams are blowing the Colts out right now. We beat them last week with all the penalty BS and we beat Arizona this week, and suddenly it'd only be a freakin' 1 game lead for the Colts in the division.

Depressing.
If we win these next three games against the Cardinals, Raiders and Jaguars. At 5-6, the Texans will probably be one or two games out of either first place or the final wild-card spot. There is plenty of hope yet. Just need to win today and end our six-game losing streak first and foremost.

Yeah but, we could have been fighting for the division, only needing to leapfrog one team rather than the whole mess of WC teams.

Boy, the losing streak has sure cut down on the pregame posting in the game day thread. I say we win today; if nothing else because we have too much talent to keep losing.

Last time we were in Arizona, it was the "first and goal" debacle. Can't believe we couldn't freakin' score.

That was also Andre Johnson's awesome TD where he busted through and carried Cardinals into the end zone lol.

I'm here.....always here....lol.

I actually feel good about this one. First time in a while. Having said that I picked the Cardinals today. I'll believe a win when I see it.

Inactives vs. ARI: QB Yates, RB Foster, LB Mohamed, RB Graham, T Gardner, G White, DE Jamison.
What's the deal with Jamison? He's never on an injury report and never activated for a game that I can think of.

Uh-oh. CIN-BAL just went to OT on a botched defense of a Hail Mary pass. I wonder if San Antonio is going to stay on this game (you know they would switch to a Cowboys game).

Back