Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans @ Tennessee Titans. 12/1. Noon. **Official GameDay Thread**

Man, **** THE TITANS

34zzhmt.jpg

The Houston Texans are trying to overcome mounting absences as they near another playoff appearance and a franchise milestone, while the Tennessee Titans have made a coordinator change while attempting to keep their slim postseason hopes alive.

The Texans can clinch their second straight playoff berth with a win or tie Sunday when they visit Tennessee, where they've won two of the last three meetings.

A win would also give Houston (10-1) 11 victories for the first time in franchise history. As good as the Texans have been - winning five straight to maintain the AFC's best record - injuries continue to add up and the squad has needed overtime to scrape by mediocre teams each of the last two weeks.

Houston's sixth-ranked defense, which allows 319.7 yards per game, has seen its linebacking corps in particular come under siege. Brooks Reed will miss time with a groin injury suffered in the team's 34-31 win in Detroit on Thanksgiving, and Bradie James is also out with a hamstring injury.

All-Pro linebacker Brian Cushing was already lost for the season to a knee injury Oct. 8. The 458 yards allowed to Jacksonville two weeks ago and the 525 given up to the Lions are the two highest totals yielded by Houston this season.

"I'm concerned about the health of our team right now," said coach Gary Kubiak, who will also be without cornerback Johnathan Joseph (hamstring). "But that's part of this business this time of year, so we've got to figure out a way to be as good as we can be on Sunday. It's something we've got to deal with."

2rnu0du.jpg

25zo19x.jpg

ezj15f.jpg

348t4et.jpg

MORE PICKS: http://challengegames.nfl.com/pickem/experts

What I want to see:

Time to unleash Foster

..."but Sharkdizzle, we use him all the time!!!" That's not what I meant. What I meant was this: Screens, dump offs, passes in the flat, you name it. Time to get Arian involved in the passing game more and in space. 13 receptions in the last 3 games, but only 45 yards.

Bottle up Chris Johnson (Welcome back, Shaun Cody)

Having Cody back will help when it comes to this matter. Don't let this chump get to running wild and allowing the Titans to gain any confidence. Turn him back into the CJ1K from 2011.

Jump on these clowns early

We haven't ran away from any opponent in basically a month. Time for that to change. Make the Titans weep early like the sorry sacks of you-know-what that they are.

TIME. TO. CLINCH.

Sure it's only a playoff berth and that's not the only thing these boys are striving for, but it IS indeed the first step. With that said, time to get it done and what better team to do it against than the BESF Titans.

That mini-bye is over, fam! Time to get back to work. We've all been waiting patiently after those last two nail-biting finishes, so that break was needed! Time for Baddest Men Alive to take care of business. Y'all know the rules and the goal: 1-0 EVERY WEEK. Nothing has changed. Let's go into Nashville, get win #11, clinch a playoff berth and move on to next one. LET'S MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!!!

The gameday thread is a good thing to see, it tells me to go to f'n sleep already :P

11-1 tomorrow.

I want a repeat of last season @Ten, which was just a royal ass beating of a lifetime. One of the funnest games I watched as a Texans fan.

Got some starters out so Next Man Up is in effect tomorrow.

Trusting the team will come out refreshed and with what has been ailing the D put right.

Despite our decimated D, they are 6.5 point favorites (from just 4.5 a few days ago).

If we don't want to see an upset, Wade will have to pay a little more attention to and find a way to disrupt the Titans passing game. I say this because the Titans' new coordinator Dowell Loggains is a former QB coach and has now been said to have specifically simplified the gameplan for Jake Locker in an effort to create more big downfield plays. We better figure out a ways get out pass rush going.......and not leave our CBs on an island without a safety over the top.

Well, I'm worried, but, being the homer that I am, I think we will pull this one off. Sometimes our old foes just give us a bad time, and our D is bummed up! Close game!

35-31

If the Texans need to turn to Foster more heavily in the passing game I'm of course fine with them doing so. But it doesn't really worry me that Foster isn't utilized this year like he has been in the past.

Texans just haven't needed to use Foster for so many dump offs and screens. The protection has been there and Schaub has been even more comfortable in the pocket, enough to go through his progressions so he's seldom reaching a point that it becomes time to dump it off. One thing that I've thought a few times this year is that Schaub seems to be showing better pocket awareness than in the past. No one will ever call him fleet of foot, but I think he is doing a better job sliding up or to the side and away from pressure. I used to clench when I'd see pressure coming, already in my mind picturing the sack-fumble to come. I've noticed I don't have that reaction as much now, as Schaub's play has given me more confidence he'll elude the pressure long enough to get rid of the ball.

Interested to see what the Titans passing game looks like now. I'm sure I wasn't the only Texans fan who was ecstatic to see when Chris Palmer was hired as their Offensive Coordinator, and not the only one sad to see him go. In addition to an inability to fix the small details his teams get wrong, I think his passing scheme is a poor one for young quarterbacks. Receiver's routes are dictated by what the defense does and there may be 3 or 4 different routes a lone receiver is supposed to run based on the coverage. Too much room for the QB and receiver to not be on the same page. All teams have some option routes, but Palmer's scheme takes it too far.

I think we'll see an improvement from the Titans passing game in that regard, so hopefully we'll be able to get pressure and not give them time take advantage of it. Britt, Wright and Washington are a solid group of receivers... and this new coordinator might actually use Jared Cook at tight end as much as he should be... the lack of opportunities for Cook was one of those head scratchers in the Palmer era. I still think their O-line play is a weakness though, so hopefully our D can exploit that and get pressure.

This game has that blue collar, work hard, slug through, and get the job done feel to it.

Then the real job begins next Monday night.

Perhaps Locker will throw to our DBs instead - I hope its a good game without any injuries to advance to 11-1!

-- Texans Week #13 Inactives --
-- Sun Dec 2, 2012 --

ESPN reports today's Houston Texans inactive players include: OG Antoine Caldwell, LB Brooks Reid, CB Alan Ball, LB Bradie James, OT Derek Newton, CB Johnathan Joseph, and WR DeVier Posey.

Jim Rome just called the Texans PRETENDERS on CBS pregame show. I didn't even know that jackass was still alive. What a douche.

Jim Rome just called the Texans PRETENDERS on CBS pregame show. I didn't even know that jackass was still alive. What a douche.

His opinion. Doesn't make him a douche. Other stuff might, not a quick opinion...SEVEN WEEKS before the team's first playoff game.

Still love Rome.

I think this is going to be a tight game. Hopefully the guys who are getting a shot at some more playing time can step up and make some plays.

Despite our decimated D, they are 6.5 point favorites (from just 4.5 a few days ago).

If we don't want to see an upset, Wade will have to pay a little more attention to and find a way to disrupt the Titans passing game. I say this because the Titans' new coordinator Dowell Loggains is a former QB coach and has now been said to have specifically simplified the gameplan for Jake Locker in an effort to create more big downfield plays. We better figure out a ways get out pass rush going.......and not leave our CBs on an island without a safety over the top.

Some lines are up to 7 now.

The interesting thing is that I've been tracking betting trend through the week (just for fun of course) and too darn much money and bettors are putting their money on us.

A few days ago some 90% plus bettors picked the Texans.
Now the number had moved down to 82%, still the most out of all the games.

I have no idea what it all means.:pinned:

Game's gonna be a shootout. We're simply decimated on defense. Not sure we'll have another dominating defensive performance for the rest of the year.

Back