Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

"Preshow, we're in the green room -- remember that? Were you in there?" Edelman asked Bledsoe. "Bill's opening up. He's having fun, he's talking war stories, talking rookie skits, talking fun s---, doing s--- we know what Bill's all about, but it was like amplified because he was excited to see you guys because he doesn't have a job anymore."
"Then Kraft walks in ... Belichick's kind of holding court," Bledsoe recalled. "As he's in the middle of the story, Kraft walks in, and so you guys all go over to say hi to Kraft."

"The tension in that room, though, could cut f---ing glass," Edelman said.
"[Kraft] came in, and I was like, 'Oh s---, there's gonna be some fireworks,'" Edelman said. "I just walked away. I didn't want to get in there."

I have a feeling the 2 "civilian witnesses with knowledge of the incident" who supposedly said they saw no punch........have a motive to say so. Who they really are will surely be researched.

Report: Rashee Rice lured alleged victim back to club for assault
By Mike Florio
Published May 9, 2024 04:31 PM

Details are emerging regarding Chiefs receiver Rashee Rice’s latest legal entanglement.

Multiple media outlets have obtained the police report. Steven Dial of Fox 4 has posted the key portion of it.

“The Complainant . . . said that on May 6, 2025, at approximately 1:30 AM he was at Lit Kitchen and Lounge located at 609 N Hardwood St for an after hours party, which he left shortly after. The Complainant said that he was in his car driving away from the location, where at approximately 1:56 AM Suspect . . . sent the Complainant a message on Instagram, asking the Complainant where he was at and asking the Complainant to return back to Lit Kitchen and Lounge. The Complainant said that at the time he believed the Suspect wanted to hire him to take pictures. The Complainant said that as the returned back to the location, he was made aware of where the Suspect was at by other members of the Suspect’s entourage. The Complainant said that he located the Suspect, and the Suspect asked him to look at Suspect’s cellphone; Which [sic] were messages sent by the Complainant and another individual by the Instagram name of [redacted]. The Complainant said that as he was looking down at the Suspect’s cellphone, Suspected [the origin police report read "Suspect punched"] the Complainant on the left side of the Complainant’s face.”

The Dallas Morning News item regarding the police report states that the Complainant had “visible swelling on one side of his face.” The Dallas Morning News article also contends that, "[o]n social media, doubt has been cast on the narrative in the hours since the allegation first surfaced Tuesday,” and that "[t]wo civilians with knowledge of the incident told The News a verbal altercation occurred at the club, but there was no physical contact.”

In other words, the witnesses didn’t see the punch, if there was one. That doesn’t mean there wasn’t a punch, but that testimony (if offered at trial) becomes evidence that could support reasonable doubt.

Of course, that won’t be the bar if prosecutors use this incident to attempt to revoke Rice’s bond. He’s currently facing eight felony charges arising from a late-March street racing incident. The conditions of his release pending trial surely include not committing assault — especially since he faces an aggravated assault charge, among other things.

If prosecutors in the pending case try to have Rice jailed pending trial, it’s possible if not likely that the “preponderance of the evidence” (i.e., more likely than not) standard applies.

Last edited:
Malik Nabers-Jayden Daniels wager points to a potential loophole
By Mike Florio
Published May 10, 2024 09:54 AM

It came to light this week that Giants receiver Malik Nabers and Commanders quarterback Jayden Daniels have a $10,000 wager based on either of them winning the offensive rookie of the year award.

As noted by John Keim of ESPN.com, the 2022 version of the NFL’s gambling policy specifically banished “private wagers between teammates, family and friends, or others” and the 2023 version does not. However, the 2023 policy is written very broadly to prohibit all forms of wagering: “Never place, solicit or facilitate any bet, whether directly or through a third party (‘Proxy Betting’), on any NFL game, practice, or other event, such as the Combine or Draft.”

Keim adds, citing an unnamed Commanders source, that “education for rookies on the gambling policy will take place during their rookie minicamp, which [began] Thursday with orientation sessions.”

Ideally, the instruction would come earlier, starting with the Scouting Combine. The reality, however, is that incoming players aren’t subject to the policy until they are drafted. If they make the bet before they’re drafted, is the bet still allowed?

It’s a potentially significant loophole. A player could, in theory, make a whole host of wagers for the upcoming season before he is drafted. Is it a violation if the bet is placed before the player is subject to the NFL’s policies?

We’ve asked the NFL several questions about this. We’ll post further items as warranted.

Our guess is that Nabers and/or Daniels will announce that they have officially abandoned their bet. And that, if one of them wins the offensive rookie of the year award, the other one will discreetly, and completely coincidentally, be giving him a gift in the amount of $10,000.

Some are trying to say that there was no assault because videos supposedly obtained right after the aledged incident did not show visible injuries, as opposed to photos taken of the aledged assault victim later. This is not surprising to me at all, as swelling (created by inflammation of the soft tissues) following blunt trauma to the face may occur anywhere from within 1 hour to 2 hours post trauma.

************************************************************************************************​

Dallas nightclub owner questions alleged assault involving Rashee Rice

By J.D. Miles
Updated on: May 10, 2024 / 6:21 AM CDT / CBS Texas

DALLAS — The owner of a downtown Dallas nightclub questions whether a physical assault happened inside involving NFL star Rashee Rice.

The club released a security camera video that it says shows the accuser leaving the club with no visible injuries.

Dallas police are also examining the footage while detectives investigate claims against the Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver.

"I told him I've got cameras I can show you through my phone what's up," said Reza Dibaje, who owns Lit Lounge.

The owner of Lit Lounge says he showed a Dallas Police detective this security camera video that recorded the early morning hours on Monday outside his club on North Harwood Street.

Dibaje says the detective told him that the male seen walking around outside the front entrance in a blue T-shirt is the accuser in a police report alleging that Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice assaulted him inside the club.

"If I got hit and beat up by somebody I would say, 'call the cops, call an ambulance,'" said Dibaje.

The owner says there are no obvious signs from the video that suggest the accuser was injured or had been assaulted.

"It doesn't look like a guy that got beat somewhere," Dibaje said.

The club's owner says he had a pleasant exchange with Rice who he says was inside the club here in the VIP area for less than a half hour and didn't order any alcohol.

"At first I didn't know who he was," said Dibaje. "He was pretty nice. He was pretty calm. He didn't even drink."

Rice is already facing multiple felony charges for his role in a multi-car wreck on Central Expressway back in March that left several people injured. Rice is accused of both causing the accident and fleeing the scene.

A police report on this week's alleged assault says the accuser went to a hospital for treatment of injuries.

The club owner says if an assault happened he believes he would have known about it and plans to continue scouring his security cameras for evidence.

"Cause I wanna make sure," said Dibaje. "Maybe I missed something, I don't know."

Confidence as a rookie is good. But his tune of "nothing overwhelming" is very likely to change when the bullets go live.

***************************************************************************************************************************************

J.J. McCarthy on first minicamp: Nothing overwhelming, didn’t feel like my first day
By Michael David Smith
Published May 11, 2024 06:18 AM

The Vikings opened their rookie minicamp on Friday, and all eyes were on quarterback J.J. McCarthy, the first-round draft pick who said afterward that he’s already very comfortable in Minnesota’s offense.

It didn’t feel like my first day,” McCarthy said, via ESPN. “I’ve been going over the offense for a long time now. So being able to [go] out there and perform and execute, that’s new, but it was nothing that was overwhelming or too much.”

McCarthy impressed coach Kevin O’Connell by going onto the practice field early to walk through plays on his own in preparation for running them with teammates.

“And not because anybody told him to,” O’Connell said. “But he’s trying to have the best possible day that he can today and then try to do the same thing tomorrow. This guy is a process-driven guy and understands that there’s a long road ahead of him, that we’re just trying to make incremental gains that will be solidified as part of how he plays quarterback for a long time. So I’ve been really impressed with him so far and look forward to get another full day tomorrow.”

It’s still four months until McCarthy will have a chance to show what he can do in a setting that really matters. But on the practice field, he’s not looking like a Day One rookie.

Everybody gets an advantage............$$$$$............except the fans.

***************************************************************************************************************

Get ready for all NFL broadcast deals to be scrapped as of 2029
By Mike Florio
Published May 11, 2024 10:57 AM

The current broadcast deals officially run through 2033. And the NFL officially can pull the plug on all packages four years early.

Recent developments make it obvious that the NFL will indeed exercise its right to take every broadcast package back to market, with the next wave of deals kicking in as of 2030.

The looming gold mine for the NBA will make the NFL see even larger dollar signs for its next wave of contracts. The flirtation with Netflix for the Christmas 2024 games, even if it’s not consummated, shows that the NFL will be looking to lure more partners to the table.

That’s one of the key aspects of this high-stakes programming game. Have one or two more seriously interested broadcasters than packages. That keeps the prices very high, and always going higher.

It’s not unreasonable. The NFL’s ability to pull a massive live audience together continues to become more conspicuous and rare in this age of ever-increasing audience fragmentation. (Kramer saw it coming.). For broadcasters, it used to be about selling the other offerings to viewers. It’s now also about adding customers for streamers, which Peacock did effectively with a playoff game in January. It’s also about selling products to those watching the game, which compelled Amazon to instigate a Black Friday game. (Amazon surely isn’t thrilled about one or two Christmas games landing on a different streamer, given all the stuff that could be sold on a day when folks might be poised to splurge.)

The major packages are Sunday afternoon (two of them), Sunday Ticket, Sunday night, Monday night, and Thursday night. The Sunday morning European games could also be sold to the highest bidder, with other specific packages possibly being carved out — as the NFL did this year with Christmas.

Really, why not take the major games of a given season and sell just those to the highest bidder? Opening night. Week 1 Friday night, when the calendar allows it. Thanksgiving. Christmas.

And with NBC, CBS, Fox, ESPN/ABC, Amazon, Netflix, Google/YouTube already in business with the NFL, the league can just sit back and wait for the offers to roll in, if/when (when) the current deals are scuttled four years early.

The NFL CBA ends in 2030 iirc and that makes this even more interesting.
Goodell getting a few years of lush $ increase before players get another chance at pie?

Funny how such rules are made to be circumvented.........if need be.

****************************************************************************************

Patriots name Eliot Wolf executive V.P. of player personnel

It’s official. And it will surprise no one.

The Patriots have named Eliot Wolf the new executive V.P. of player personnel. Regardless of the title, he’s now the top non-ownership figure in the football operation.

Per the announcement, “Wolf’s responsibilities will include the overall direction of the personnel department, the management of the salary cap and in control of the 53-man roster.”

“As I have started multiple times during the offseason, the plan was to observe the working relationship and involvement between Eliot and [coach] Jerod [Mayo] and see how they managed our offseason personnel decisions,” said Patriots Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft. “Then, following the draft we would formally undertake a process for setting up the permanent structure of our personnel department. I have been impressed with Eliot’s management style and experience and I’m excited that he has agreed to take on this new position.”

The strategy created awkwardness, both both and after the draft. Wolf could not have had final say over the roster or the draft without the Patriots complying with the Rooney Rule. Thus, ownership necessarily retained — and exercised — those powers from the moment Mayo was hired until today. Then, once the search began, multiple minority candidates declined the opportunity to interview, because everyone knew Wolf was getting the job.

If nothing else, the Patriots have created a blueprint for teams that fire a head coach who ran the roster. Let someone who was retained in the front office essentially run the show from January through April, giving him an extended on-the-job audition without having to first comply with the Rooney Rule. Then, after the draft, check the boxes and make the hire.

Hmmmm

From THE ATHLETIC re Rashee Rice:

The Chiefs selected Rice in the second round of the 2023 NFL Draft, moving up nine spots in a trade with the Detroit Lions to acquire him.

According to league sources, multiple teams had removed Rice from their draft boards after learning of an alleged incident he was involved in while a student at SMU. During the alleged incident, multiple bullets were fired into an empty car belonging to former SMU basketball player Kendric Davis during one of the school’s home games, according to league sources. Two teams gathered information that led them to conclude Rice believed Davis was involved with his girlfriend, according to league sources. The incident was never reported to SMU authorities.

Three teams, according to league sources, told The Athletic they took Rice off their draft board because of concerns about his character. Another team had Rice on their board, but that team’s evaluation of him included several flags that downgraded his value compared with other receiver prospects.

Has Rashee Rice been suspended by the NFL?

Right now, Rashee Rice hasn’t received an official suspension from the NFL. However, since the car incident, the league confirmed they have been monitoring the situation.

In fact, according to a report from James Palmer, the Kansas City Chiefs and head coach Andy Reid expect Rice will be suspended at least half a season. Nevertheless, that eight-game expectation was before the nightclub incident.

This is a very unusual situation. With back-to-back Jones fractures.........one on each foot.........the Lions better obtain a bone density scan to see if he suffers from underlying osteoporosis [a condition resulting in decrease of bone strength and density with increase risk of fractures]............and examine him for high foot arches............both being significant risk factors for Jones fractures.
***********************************************************************************************************

Rookie defensive tackle Johnny Newton will require second foot surgery

Illinois defensive tackle Johnny Newton was a top prospect for many Lions fans, but his slide to Day 2 of the 2024 NFL Draft was a surprise. We might now know the reason for his slide.
By John Whiticar@Whiticar May 11, 2024, 4:00pm EDT

Entering the 2024 NFL Draft, there was a sizable group of candidates for the Detroit Lions at pick 29. Detroit would ultimately trade up to 24th overall to select Terrion Arnold, arguably the top defensive back prospect on the board—and perhaps in the draft itself. Yet in the lead up to the Lions’ pick, there was another big name still on the board: Jer’Zhan “Johnny” Newton.

From a character and production standpoint, the defensive tackle out of Illinois was a perfect fit for the Lions. Had the Lions drafted him at 29, many fans would have been thrilled with the selection. Yet despite the pre-draft hype and interest, including multiple visits with the Lions, Newton slid. He fell to pick 24. He fell to pick 29. He fell out of the first round entirely. It wasn’t until the Washington Commanders selected him with the 36th pick that he found his NFL home.

We might finally have an answer for his slide. Commanders head coach Dan Quinn had a press conference on Saturday and revealed that the rookie will undergo another foot surgery in the coming weeks:

Newton suffered a Jones fracture in his right foot last season at Illinois, playing through it until finally receiving surgery in January. Now just four months later, Newton will receive the same surgery on his left foot for the same injury. For reference, another 2024 top prospect, cornerback Kool-Aid McKinstry, also suffered a Jones fracture prior to the NFL Combine, perhaps leading to his slide to pick 41.

The exact timeline for Newton’s recovery is still unclear, but two separate injuries within a year may have resulted in Newton falling further in the draft than originally expected. Were the Lions among the teams scared off by knowledge of this injury? We cannot say, but it is worth considering why a top prospect like Newton had no suitors on Day 1 of the draft.

The Lions have not shied away from drafting players with lingering college injuries such as Jameson Williams or James Mitchell, but it begs the question if the Levi Onwuzurike selection back in 2021 was a learning moment for general manager Brad Holmes. The Lions drafted the defensive tackle early in the second round despite a lingering back issue from college. Onwuzurike rarely saw the field early in his career while dealing with that injury, and it likely stunted his development.

Did the Lions want to avoid a similar situation with Newton? Perhaps, but what we know for certain is that they are more than happy to have Arnold in their fold.

I feel bad for the player, but better for our lack of getting him. I hate to say it, but this reminds me of Yao Ming's feet, some players bodies aren't ready to tote round 300lbs of mass. The fact that both feet had the same injury seems to point to this.

Extra camp arm? Maybe. But 2 of their QBs' injuries have questionable prognoses beyond camp. They may still be auditioning for the final QB room. :thinking:
***************************************************************************************************

Browns sign QB Jacob Sirmon
By Josh Alper
Published May 12, 2024 04:17 PM

The Browns have added another quarterback to their 90-man roster.

The team announced that they have signed Jacob Sirmon after a tryout at this weekend’s rookie minicamp.

They did not announce any corresponding moves.

Sirmon spent time at Washington and Central Michigan before wrapping up his time in college at Northern Colorado. He threw for 1,206 yards, seven touchdowns and seven interceptions in seven games during the 2023 season.

The Browns also have Deshaun Watson, Jameis Winston, Tyler Huntley, and Dorian Thompson-Robinson on the roster at quarterback at the moment. Teams don’t generally keep five quarterbacks on the roster, but Watson is returning from shoulder surgery and Thompson-Robinson suffered a hip injury late in the regular season so the Browns may want to limit them at points during the offseason program.

Extra camp arm? Maybe. But 2 of their QBs' injuries have questionable prognoses beyond camp. They may still be auditioning for the final QB room. :thinking:
***************************************************************************************************

By Josh Alper

The team announced that they have signed Jacob Sirmon after a tryout at this weekend’s rookie minicamp.

Sirmon spent time at Washington and Central Michigan before wrapping up his time in college at Northern Colorado. He threw for 1,206 yards, seven touchdowns and seven interceptions in seven games during the 2023 season.

The Browns also have Deshaun Watson, Jameis Winston, Tyler Huntley, and Dorian Thompson-Robinson on the roster at quarterback at the moment. Teams don’t generally keep five quarterbacks on the roster, but Watson is returning from shoulder surgery and Thompson-Robinson suffered a hip injury late in the regular season so the Browns may want to limit them at points during the offseason program.
Anybody notice a common theme in the Brown's QB room? Looks like Derrick gets what he wants. BTW, the Browns would be in much better shape with Flacco still in the room. Looks like CnD was correct AGAIN.

Lions sell out season tickets for 2024
By Josh Alper
Published May 13, 2024 11:08 AM

The Lions sold out their season tickets ahead of the 2023 season and all those fans saw the team win the NFC North on their way to the NFC Championship Game, so it’s no surprise that interest in the team remains just as high.

The team announced on Monday that they have sold out of season tickets for 2024 as well. Single-game tickets will go on sale after the regular season schedule is announced on Wednesday.

If there was any reason to doubt that the Lions would have the same success at the box office, it would be that they raised ticket prices by an average of 30 percent for the coming season. Some seats saw even bigger upticks in price, but any complaints about that decision didn’t lead to a shortfall in customers.

The Lions will have home games against the Bears, Packers, Vikings, Jaguars, Rams, Seahawks, Titans, Bills, and Buccaneers this season.

Will teams now start outbidding the league for officiating talent?
By Mike Florio
Published May 13, 2024 11:18 AM

Several years ago, former NFL executive V.P. of officiating Dean Blandino said that the NFL does not properly value the position. That was a tactful way of saying that the NFL, when it comes to officiating, is cheap.

That frugality lingers, through the absence of full-time officials. As a result, the NFL has lost in recent years multiple competent referees to broadcast partners, where they serve as rules analysts.

With former referee John Parry leaving ESPN to become an officiating liaison for a team, it’s now fair to wonder whether teams will start dangling significant raises to game officials, pilfering employees from the league.
The team for which Parry will be working still isn’t known. Some are guessing it’s a team with a new coach in 2024, like perhaps the Chargers or the Commanders.

Whoever it is, if it works other teams will do it. Which will make it even harder for the NFL to keep its best officials on its own financial terms.

That’s why the league needs to make the officials full-time employees, and to pay them accordingly. If it would be difficult to persuade current officials to sacrifice their other jobs and go all-in with football, grandfather them in. For all new hires, you have one job — work for the NFL as an official.

By Josh Alper

Browns raise eyebrows by signing a fifth quarterback after tryout

By Randy Gurzi | 7:00 AM CDT​

The Cleveland Browns have a deep group of quarterbacks with Deshaun Watson, Jameis Winston, Dorian Thomson-Robinson, and Tyler Huntley on the same team. Due to their depth, they didn't add a signal-caller in the draft or as an undrafted free agent — at least not initially.

During their recent rookie minicamp, the Browns invited Northern Colorado's Jacob Sirmon (6-foot-4, 235 pounds) to Berea for a tryout. He was the only quarterback in attendance and impressed the coaching staff enough to land a contract.

Sirmon is now the fifth quarterback on the depth chart, which raised a few eyebrows. Andrew Spayde of The OBR even believes this is another bad sign for Watson as he recovers from shoulder surgery,

Spayde doubled down when pressed by commenters, saying he wasn't doing "zip watch," which is a hilarious reference to the attention Watson received throughout the 2023 offseason as everyone commented on the "zip" he had throwing the ball.

Newest Browns QB has nothing to do with Deshaun Watson​

If we're being completely transparent, it's easy to see why anyone is quick to get frustrated when it comes to QBs in Cleveland. The truth is that the past three years with Deshaun Watson have been exhausting.
From suspension watch, to rust watch, to zip watch, to rehab watch, it's been one issue after another. The Browns paid a king's ransom for Watson and he's done nothing to reward them. Having said that, Sirmon's presence on the roster has nothing to do with Watson.

Cleveland signed former No. 1 overall pick Jameis Winston as insurance for Watson. If anything happens to their starter this year, Famous Jameis is getting the call — and he can make a lot of money if that happens.
Sirmon, and even Tyler Huntley, are simply camp arms. The only reason Huntley makes the 53-man roster would be if Thompson-Robinson is still hampered by his hip injury. As for Sirmon, this is a practice squad candidate who they're going to look at as a developmental player. Nothing more.

Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy on what it’s like having Zeke back: “He’s an old school guy. He’ll go up and smack a 60-year-old man in the ass and it hurts. It’s those kinds of things that you just enjoy him — not that I enjoy getting smacked in the ass”
Yea I dunno wonder if ole Jer also likes that young stud Zeke slapping his 80-year-old azz ?
Just goes to show that there's something to those rumors about the Cowboys "alternative" lifestyle in the old locker room,
but I'm kinda surprised they'd talk publicly about it ?

I hope Brady does better as a broadcaster than as an actor in the Hertz rental car commercial.

Tom Brady’s broadcasting debut will be Cowboys-Browns in Week One
By Michael David Smith
Published May 13, 2024 05:38 PM

The first game of Tom Brady’s broadcasting career will feature the team that beat him in the last game of his playing career.

The Cowboys will visit the Browns in Week One, a 4:25 p.m. ET kickoff that will air on Fox, as Brady makes his debut as the No. 1 analyst in the Fox booth.

The game is expected to be an exclusive broadcasting window for Fox, unlike recent years when both Fox and CBS featured doubleheaders in Week One.

Cowboys-Browns is the third 2024 game that has been announced. We also know that the Ravens and Chiefs will open the regular season on Thursday night of Week One, and the Packers and Eagles will play Brazil on Friday night of Week One.

The full 2024 NFL schedule will be announced on Wednesday night.

WOW!!!
Detroit has now rewarded three of its star players this offseason with over $444 million in contract extensions to Goff, wide receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown and offensive tackle Penei Sewell.

Part of me thinks Brady will bomb, because his voice is monotone. The other part of me thinks he'll be a star because he will call the play and result before the ball is snapped.

Do you like Romo? He had an uncanny ability to tell the fans watching what to look for and what might be coming, but he’s in danger of jumping the shark and becoming a caricature of himself. I still like him…but I’m wavering.

Brady is more monotone in voice/style at least what we’ve heard in general conversations. But there isn’t a better student of the game. He has to be careful because there is a chance that he comes across as smartest man in the room on steroids if he just sits there and tells us what’s about to happen. If he’s serious about his new job…I think he could be really good. I also think he could be unceremoniously tossed out on his ass if he comes across as Mr know it all too often.

Do you like Romo? He had an uncanny ability to tell the fans watching what to look for and what might be coming, but he’s in danger of jumping the shark and becoming a caricature of himself. I still like him…but I’m wavering.

Brady is more monotone in voice/style at least what we’ve heard in general conversations. But there isn’t a better student of the game. He has to be careful because there is a chance that he comes across as smartest man in the room on steroids if he just sits there and tells us what’s about to happen. If he’s serious about his new job…I think he could be really good. I also think he could be unceremoniously tossed out on his ass if he comes across as Mr know it all too often.
That ability sailed a couple of years ago for Romo. Basically, a way from structured team study, the game left him as teams and coordinators changed things so, go figure, as not to be so predictable by alignment and situation.

Reactions: JB
Do you like Romo?
I liked Romo a lot, in the beginning of his career as a color guy. But he's gotten lazy. Nance is carrying him.

Joe Montana hated his time as a broadcaster because he disliked criticizing other players. On the other hand, I don't see that as being a problem with Brady. Tom is pretty blunt. Not the kind of guy to tippy toe around another player's feelings. I expect some controversy.

I liked Romo a lot, in the beginning of his career as a color guy. But he's gotten lazy. Nance is carrying him.

Joe Montana hated his time as a broadcaster because he disliked criticizing other players. On the other hand, I don't see that as being a problem with Brady. Tom is pretty blunt. Not the kind of guy to tippy toe around another player's feelings. I expect some controversy.

Heck, he called QBs and level of play in general in today's game mediocre lol... he doesn't mind putting people on blast.

The Browns will host the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday Sept. 8 at 4:25 p.m. ET, and the game will air on FOX.
Myles Garrett will be pitted against the Cowboys rookie LT, who except for the beginning of his rookie college year played RT. It will indeed be an interesting matchup.

Last edited:
Those are games I'm unlikely to watch. I expect poor performances. Viewer will probably find some of the players nodding off durring the games.

There is no end to the NFL's expansion of creative ways of increasing revenues.

Giants will be featured on a new offseason Hard Knocks on HBO in July
By Michael David Smith
Published May 15, 2024 10:33 AM

The NFL’s long-lasting Hard Knocks documentary series is expanding once again.
A new edition of the show, titled Hard Knocks: Offseason with the New York Giants will air on HBO this summer. The five-part series will begin July 2 and air every Tuesday in July. Cameras have been filming Giants General Manager Joe Schoen and others in the team’s front office and will chronicle free agency, the draft and the rest of the offseason.

This is a separate version of the show from the traditional training camp documentary series that has long aired on HBO in conjunction with NFL Films. The offseason had not previously been chronicled on Hard Knocks.

There has been no announcement about which team will be featured in training camp this year. The NFL has also confirmed there will be another in-season Hard Knocks, which this year will feature an entire division and not just one team.

Back