Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Nico Collins is a legit WR 1

Stroud's accuracy and on-time throw (at times requiring a good zip to fit through a tight window) brings out the best in Nico Collins that I don't believe Purdy can.

Used an ai image generator and they suck at words, still not too shabby..

OIG.SpZgtqukttVLOsny6Fcw

A good TE is a necessity for the WCO to be top tier.

Right now the TE's are having to help out the subpar OL (Due to injury) and aren't a factor in the passing game.
Depends. GB under Favre didn't have a high end te. Who is the high end te in Philly and Miami? What about in Cincy right now or Rams under Wonder Kid.

Depends. GB under Favre didn't have a high end te. Who is the high end te in Philly and Miami? What about in Cincy right now or Rams under Wonder Kid.
I considered Chumura and Finley to be very good.

Goeddert is very good almost on par with Kittle. Look at how much the Lions offense has improved with LaPorta. I look at Sanders, Stover in the same light as LaPorta, difference makers. Another guy that I like and don't know if he's draft eligible is Lachey out of Iowa. He looks to be the latest in a long line of good Iowa TE prospects. He's probably going to fall a little bit because of injury issues. 4th rd seems about right for Lachey, kind like Kittle who fell because of injury issues.

I considered Chumura and Finley to be very good.

Goeddert is very good almost on par with Kittle. Look at how much the Lions offense has improved with LaPorta. I look at Sanders, Stover in the same light as LaPorta, difference makers. Another guy that I like and don't know if he's draft eligible is Lachey out of Iowa. He looks to be the latest in a long line of good Iowa TE prospects. He's probably going to fall a little bit because of injury issues. 4th rd seems about right for Lachey, kind like Kittle who fell because of injury issues.

Finley was in the 3rd rd and Chumura in the 6th. The Lions were a top 5 offense last year. I'm not knocking the te, I'm just saying you don't need one to have a top shelf offense. I'm not against Sanders from UT in the 3rd.

Finley was in the 3rd rd and Chumura in the 6th. The Lions were a top 5 offense last year. I'm not knocking the te, I'm just saying you don't need one to have a top shelf offense. I'm not against Sanders from UT in the 3rd.
I want top shelf playmakers for Stroud. The better players usually are drafted in the top 3 rds. Get as many top 100 players on your board as you can, even if it means having to give up some mid rd picks. Quality over Quantity fortunately seems to be how Ryans/Caserio see things.

I think it would behoove Nick to get Collin's new contract done ASAP.

There's no way we should ever entertain him walking and getting it done early helps take question marks away from roster building and hopefully he can get the contract more around the $20 mil mark rather than the $30 mil mark which is what he'd definitely be looking at if he had a repeat of this season.

Just a little kudos for Nico..

Most improved player for all 32 NFL teams after the 2023 regular season

HOUSTON TEXANS: WR NICO COLLINS
  • 2022 PFF grade: 72.4
  • 2023 PFF grade: 91.0
Collins reached his full potential in his first season with C.J. Stroud at quarterback. He struggled with a calf injury during the second half of the season and missed some time, but he finished the regular season with a 91.0 grade. Including his postseason performance, he earned a 91.4 overall grade that ranked third among wide receivers in 2023.

Nico is good but he owes much of his stats to Stroud. I do not think he wants to go anywhere as long as he gets a reasonable contract extension

Nico is good but he owes much of his stats to Stroud. I do not think he wants to go anywhere as long as he gets a reasonable contract extension
That happens. Sometimes the wr makes the qb like Hopkins and AJ and sometimes the qb makes the wr like Rodgers and Favre. I wouldn't just pass it off like Nico is Matchie or someone, but I agree with reasonable

That happens. Sometimes the wr makes the qb like Hopkins and AJ and sometimes the qb makes the wr like Rodgers and Favre. I wouldn't just pass it off like Nico is Matchie or someone, but I agree with reasonable
I could be wrong but I think Brenden Rice could be that kind of a receiver. Hook him up with Stroud and we may have another
AJ.

Nico's biggest deal is that he stayed healthy. I hope they extend him.

Treat the skill position players like they have a supermodel wife who makes more money than them. If they aren’t going to take a team friendly contract then make plans to replace them in the draft.

This team needs to be built under the assumption your QB can make the talent around him better. If you’re gonna pay the QB what the going rate is for a franchise QB then you have to make concessions. If that has to be surrounding him with skill players on rookie contracts (like the Chiefs with Kelce as exception) then that’s what you have to do to win.

Treat the skill position players like they have a supermodel wife who makes more money than them. If they aren’t going to take a team friendly contract then make plans to replace them in the draft.

This team needs to be built under the assumption your QB can make the talent around him better. If you’re gonna pay the QB what the going rate is for a franchise QB then you have to make concessions. If that has to be surrounding him with skill players on rookie contracts (like the Chiefs with Kelce as exception) then that’s what you have to do to win.
And even then the only 2 QB's that have been able to win this way are Brady/Mahomes.

The 1st thing I look at is ypc which is top end. When I watch him play, I don't see the speed or acceleration. I saw alot of broken plays for gains. He wil be there in the 4th , he's worth a pick

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Burst off LOS is crazy and 23mph gps..🤣 🐆
Lifted 225x 17 with 38 inch vertical. 17.6 per catch with 75 % catch rate.

Could not disagree more.

First off CJ is going to be relatively cheap for another 4 years or so. With your QB being cheap that is exactly when you can invest heavily in the players around CJ. The time where you have to really make magic with guys on rookie contracts is when CJ gets expensive.

No QB can do it by themselves. Look at what happened against the Jets with Collins, Schultz, And Dell injured. Look at how pedestrian the Chiefs offense looked in the regular season because of their terrible receivers, and that was with Patrick Mahomes as QB!

CJ is great but that doesn’t mean you can just neglect his weapons.

Could not disagree more.

First off CJ is going to be relatively cheap for another 4 years or so. With your QB being cheap that is exactly when you can invest heavily in the players around CJ. The time where you have to really make magic with guys on rookie contracts is when CJ gets expensive.

No QB can do it by themselves. Look at what happened against the Jets with Collins, Schultz, And Dell injured. Look at how pedestrian the Chiefs offense looked in the regular season because of their terrible receivers, and that was with Patrick Mahomes as QB!

CJ is great but that doesn’t mean you can just neglect his weapons.

Fair point. I concede the argument and award you the victory.

From the article linked:

"Nico Collins has some of the best hands in the entire NFL and has never dropped a pass in his NFL career."

I agree that Collins has done a good job catching balls that are catchable. He only has 2 drops in 2 years. But, I don't see a lot of tough catches, either. Nico is no Nuke. But, I'm OK with making the catches you're supposed to make. That extends drives, leading to scores. But you have to do it every game. Be consistent. Post. The most important ability is availability. If Collins can do that, we can have the conversation of whether he's a #1, #2, or #3.

Dude is solid and heck if player. Amazing what a stud qb can do.

Everyone ready to give Nico a 5-year $125 million contract? That would put smiles on some players faces in the NFL.
Perhaps even give some free agents the idea of coming here. He had a really good season in 2023 but he did have several games with either low yards per catch or few catches.

Everyone ready to give Nico a 5-year $125 million contract? That would put smiles on some players faces in the NFL.
Perhaps even give some free agents the idea of coming here. He had a really good season in 2023 but he did have several games with either low yards per catch or few catches.
Here is where I am, they have this 3 or 4 yr window. If they feel like the money is going to be big, they should draft Brian Thomas this year and let Nico walk after the season. Even if they think its doable, they can still draft his replacement and replace his salary with the newly drafted wr. I would let him prove it again this year, but I like what I saw with CJ.

You know, someone could write a book from the archives of this forum. I'll wait until the Texans win the Super Bowl. Then, it will be a feelgood best seller. Right now, it's a Sisyphean tragedy.
The Tragedy that turned into Top Gun with a Tarzan yell and fans beating our chests at the end.

Back