Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Prep Rally Texas school installs $750,000 Jumbotron, largest in prep sports

Wolf

100% Texan
The-Carthage-Jumbotron-as-it-will-appear-when-completed-Carthage-ISD.jpg

As reported by the Longview News Journal and a handful of other sources, the Carthage (Texas) High football program is nearing completion on the installation of what it insists is the largest stadium screen in the world of high school sports. The Carthage Jumbotron measures 26-feet high and 44-feet wide and features a screen that takes up a total of 1,200-square feet. All in all, the Jumbotron's construction and installation will cost approximately $750,000, making it the instant signature item at 6,500 capacity Bulldog Stadium.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highs...750-000-jumbotron-largest-prep-103931861.html

I guess it was paid for by tax dollars. I would be pissed if my tax dollars went to pay for a $750,000 jumbo screen.

Wow, just wow.

High school football needs to stay high school football.

The high school player will have the chance to a jumbotron thing in college and the nfl. If they're good enough to make it.

A 3a football program the town has 6k people the Carthage isd has less than 3k students. Lol it passed with 68.6% of the votes

Smh, i love football as much as the next guy/girl but our priorities need to get a good hard look on this one.

Smh, i love football as much as the next guy/girl but our priorities need to get a good hard look on this one.

In this state? Not likely. Under an old principal we had coaches bragging that they kept starters on the Football team elligible by putting them in all Advanced Placement classes. The reason for this being the LOWEST grade you can give an AP student is a 70. Put all of your athletes in AP even if they don't belong there and they remain elligible.
The only people hurt are students who would have otherwise taken up those Advanced Placement slots and the teachers who have to contend with athletes who never show up, disrupt classes or simply don't do anything in class. It's a "victimless" crime unless you consider educators, kids who deserve to be in advanced placement classes and taxpayers to be "victims" in this scenario.

In this state? Not likely. Under an old principal we had coaches bragging that they kept starters on the Football team elligible by putting them in all Advanced Placement classes. The reason for this being the LOWEST grade you can give an AP student is a 70. Put all of your athletes in AP even if they don't belong there and they remain elligible.

Wait, what? How does that policy make any sense at all...

The only people hurt are students who would have otherwise taken up those Advanced Placement slots and the teachers who have to contend with athletes who never show up, disrupt classes or simply don't do anything in class. It's a "victimless" crime unless you consider educators, kids who deserve to be in advanced placement classes and taxpayers to be "victims" in this scenario.

Wow, just...wow.

Back