Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Say Watt!

I hope to hell not, the guy is literally half the size he was, he appears to be around the 250 mark, his traps are normal and he looks just normal, finally, which I’m happy for him. If he comes back he needs to come back as a “get back coach”

Stats: JJ played and started with all 16 games last year w Cardinals no? He had sacks he had tackles he had blocks last year sounds like he still healthy and playing no?

Stats: JJ played and started with all 16 games last year w Cardinals no? He had sacks he had tackles he had blocks last year sounds like he still healthy and playing no?
He retired because he was tired of taking a beating and his body couldn't recover near as quickly as it once did and he couldn't play anywhere close to the level both him and his fans were accustomed to. He has been retired a long time now and obviously lost a ton of the weight he needs to play with. While it seemed JJ was serious about a comeback in the beginning, as the interview went on it became obvious that he was joking and having some fun! It would be cool if he were to make a comeback and could make at least a solid contribution to the team. With a full and normal off season maybe he could be good enough to contribute adequately but I just don't see him wanting to put himself through that test. Our team is better than any of us expected but they are not a Super Bowl caliber team and it will take at least a couple more seasons for them to get that way! Only if JJ thought he was coming back for a serious playoff run would he give any real thought to making a comeback and even then I think he decides it is not worth it. Heck at this point he may not be good enough to make the team! I get the excitement and I am a fan like you who would love to turn back father time to see JJ wreak havoc on opposing teams offenses again but it just isn't going to happen.

What we can hope for is that JJ gets involved with our team be it as a coach or in the front office in some way and can make a good contribution!

Last edited:
Watt is out on the field today with the Texans. Stoerner is really going off that he has a motive more than just helping the young players. Thinks he's testing the water.
He may consider a come back but I just don't see it. Without a normal training period I just think it would be foolish. My guess is he is merely visiting the players and coaches. If he is not working out with the players it is doubtful that him out on the field means anything in regards to making a comeback. If he can bring half of his vintage self back from retirement than yeah, I am all for his return. I just don't think he can perform at that level this season. With a full season involving all that is needed for preparation, perhaps he can reach that level of play. I don't see it taking place. His presence is a good thing even if he is only visiting the players.

He may consider a come back but I just don't see it. Without a normal training period I just think it would be foolish. My guess is he is merely visiting the players and coaches. If he is not working out with the players it is doubtful that him out on the field means anything in regards to making a comeback. If he can bring half of his vintage self back from retirement than yeah, I am all for his return. I just don't think he can perform at that level this season. With a full season involving all that is needed for preparation, perhaps he can reach that level of play. I don't see it taking place. His presence is a good thing even if he is only visiting the players.
I am thinking he may be looking for a coaching job.
Bring it.

I think if he were to come back it would be middle of season next year. Probably wants to play only half a season plus playoffs. Which would be best given the circumstances.

If you start seeing Watt in new HEB commercials, then you should worry.
I don't think I would worry but I would get excited! Even though he is nowhere close to his vintage self I don't think his presence would hurt our team and if it helps them that is gravy!

Last edited:
Watt played 2022 season for just under $1m a game. Would he play for that? 6 games $5 million with incentives for playoffs games. Seems like peanuts but he loves Ryans and this team. I don't know. He would definitely make the rotation stronger and I could see a five man defensive line. We only have a bit over 2 million left in cap space but something could be worked out even if it was like a void year. I am just not sure about his core injuries.
I think Hannah will definitely see the public relations positivity of bringing JJ back but would he have to be removed from The Ring of Honor?

Do I think he’ll come back? Doubtful as a player but as an assistant, advisor, or something along those lines? Sure…but I posted them because he’s still a Texan in my eyes and many other’s eyes as well, and it’s Texans’ news.

BUT, would I love to see him in a uniform again? Absolutely!

Back