Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Senior Bowl 2024

A lot of Devin Singletary clones in this game. Short, squatty, with wiggle. I think @steelbtexan is correct that there are not a lot of top tier RB talents in this draft. But there is good depth of guys that can fill a role on NFL teams.
I actually like my rb's that size. Emmit,Barry were in that mold. 5'7,5'8 210 lbs. Ask a a defender how hard it is to tackle a guy that low to the ground that powerful.

Ok here I go again promoting a RB in 2nd and Corum is the pick. He has proven his skills at a top notch university and excelled on a national level. Take him and run

Anybody actually watching Senior Bowl? Need some live game feedback.
I'm watching the game.

The LB from North Carolina (Gray) has looked good.

Bailey and Coleman from TCU have been 2 of the best players on their teams. Lots of good CB play, McCaffrey has shown up. The S from Miami (Williams) and Smith (Georgia) Bishop (Utah) have impressed me.

I'm watching the game.

The LB from North Carolina (Gray) has looked good.

Bailey and Coleman from TCU have been 2 of the best players on their teams. Lots of good CB play, McCaffrey has shown up. The S from Miami (Williams) and Smith (Georgia) Bishop (Utah) have impressed me.
I like that Ms State LB Nathaniel Watson. He has plays behind los and over 250 tackles in the last 2 years. Trevin Wallace is also one of the other ilbs I like also.

I like that Ms State LB Nathaniel Watson. He has plays behind los and over 250 tackles in the last 2 years. Trevin Wallace is also one of the other ilbs I like also.
Gray and Watson were the best 2 LB's on the field.

I didn't notice Wilson although he has great tape and really impressed in practice.

I thought Coleman looked really good in both the run game ans pass pro in the game.

Gray and Watson were the best 2 LB's on the field.

I didn't notice Wilson although he has great tape and really impressed in practice.

I thought Coleman looked really good in both the run game ans pass pro in the game.
Alot of guys didn't play for some reason

Reactions: JB
They went to practice and then didn't play.
They didn't think the game would help their stock? I only watched the fourth quarter and the announcer was commenting how the WR's were gassed on one of the teams because only three WR's participated in the game.

Two of the WR's I like had bad weeks (Leggete and Tez Walker), but I keep hearing how the QB play has been awful so how much should we put into their play? I want to see Stroud throw to some of these guys.. Not whoever the QB was that couldn't hit Walker on a 3 yard throw.

Alot of guys didn't play for some reason
I love Wilson and Watson. Cant make up my mind which guy I would target if I was Caserio. Wilson reminds me of Kuechley and I checked into Watson, surprisingly he had 10 1/2 sacks last yr and was SEC player of the yr. Depending on who tests better at the combine is probably who I would pick. I'm betting one of Wilson/Watson/Gray falls to 3-85. One of these guys would be my pick, even if it means missing out on Bucky Irving.

If this is the route they go, I hope they spend around 5 mil in FA on Tony Pollard and draft one of Ray Davis/Laube (Who I think is going to have a long career as a 3rd down RB.) or Wright with one of the 4ths. This would make a very solid RB room.

It doesn't help when the NFL teams pull their coaches and scouts from Mobile after Thursday's practice. This game will die if there's no incentives to play.
The scouts and personnel do emphasize the practice routine, but they also watch the game to see how guys play with the lights on. Alot of players are practice players and alot of those drills are geared 1 way. The wr have the advantage in one on one's as do the dl in one on one drills.

I love Wilson and Watson. Cant make up my mind which guy I would target if I was Caserio. Wilson reminds me of Kuechley and I checked into Watson, surprisingly he had 10 1/2 sacks last yr and was SEC player of the yr. Depending on who tests better at the combine is probably who I would pick. I'm betting one of Wilson/Watson/Gray falls to 3-85. One of these guys would be my pick, even if it means missing out on Bucky Irving.

If this is the route they go, I hope they spend around 5 mil in FA on Tony Pollard and draft one of Ray Davis/Laube (Who I think is going to have a long career as a 3rd down RB.) or Wright with one of the 4ths. This would make a very solid RB room.
Pollard just came off the tag, I doubt he plays for 5m.

Pollard just came off the tag, I doubt he plays for 5m.
I think he's going to be more of a 7.5m player for 3 yrs or 22.5 mil with 11 guaranteed. About what I think Chinn will get paid.

Choice between Pollard and Chinn, who you got?

I think he's going to be more of a 7.5m player for 3 yrs or 22.5 mil with 11 guaranteed. About what I think Chinn will get paid.

Choice between Pollard and Chinn, who you got?
Neither to be honest. I think I can get Henry for that amount. At the very least Dalvin Cook in a platoon with a rookie. I think Pollard is a platoon back. Teams are stuck gonna play 7 man boxes with him. With Henry, they're gonna have pick their poison and the 4 minute offense is going to be on point.

Neither to be honest. I think I can get Henry for that amount. At the very least Dalvin Cook in a platoon with a rookie. I think Pollard is a platoon back. Teams are stuck gonna play 7 man boxes with him. With Henry, they're gonna have pick their poison and the 4 minute offense is going to be on point.
If not Henry, then give me Ekeler/Dobbins

Dont want Cook

I could be sold on Henry, something tells me that he's not a fit in this offense. When I look at this offense I'm looking for a RB that can do some of the things that McCaffrey can do. Run pass patterns, wheel routes/choice routes etc.... Pollard and Ekeler and to an extent Swift fit what I want from a RB in this offense. With this said if you got the OL healthy Henry would put the fear of god in defenses and the Texans currently are missing guys on the offense that keep DC's up at night. Other than Dell and Collins.

Henry and my favorite WR in the draft Pearsall plus later Luke MCCaffery would give Stroud what he needs to succeed.

Another question, if you were picking at 3-85 hadn't signed a RB1 in FA and Nate Watson/Bucky Irving were on the board who would you pick? I'm hoping somehow Caserio can find a way to add Watson/Irving in the 3rd and Pearsall in the 4th. I'm thinking Pearsall is just as good as McConkeyMitchell/Burton etc... Dude is fast/shifty/runs great routes and has great hands. Caserio will have to get lucky.

If not Henry, then give me Ekeler/Dobbins
Dobbins is injury prone but really good.

Justice Hill is another guy I would look at. I think he's like Pollard/Ekeler at a cheaper cost but has a minor injury history.

Dobbins stay hurt. I like Eckler because he's a dual threat and scores tds. I worry about him also in a 4 minute scenario trying to put the game away.
This is why you should also draft a guy like Laube. If you signed Ekeler and drafted Laube they could spell each other with very little drop off. Their games somewhat mirror each other.

Roman Wilson…thoughts anyone?
A very good football player. I don't think he's just a slot receiver, but I do think he will be most productive in the slot. Can handle the jets sweeps and tunnel screens. Wilson hasn't done a lot in the return game, but could probably handle it. And to top it off, Wilson is a winner. Can't have enough of those.

Dont want Cook

I could be sold on Henry, something tells me that he's not a fit in this offense. When I look at this offense I'm looking for a RB that can do some of the things that McCaffrey can do. Run pass patterns, wheel routes/choice routes etc.... Pollard and Ekeler and to an extent Swift fit what I want from a RB in this offense. With this said if you got the OL healthy Henry would put the fear of god in defenses and the Texans currently are missing guys on the offense that keep DC's up at night. Other than Dell and Collins.

Henry and my favorite WR in the draft Pearsall plus later Luke MCCaffery would give Stroud what he needs to succeed.

Another question, if you were picking at 3-85 hadn't signed a RB1 in FA and Nate Watson/Bucky Irving were on the board who would you pick? I'm hoping somehow Caserio can find a way to add Watson/Irving in the 3rd and Pearsall in the 4th. I'm thinking Pearsall is just as good as McConkeyMitchell/Burton etc... Dude is fast/shifty/runs great routes and has great hands. Caserio will have to get lucky.
I'm sure you seen Titans run that screen to Henry. Trying to find a CM clone is nearly impossible. If the Texans want that kinda dude, trade for Kamara.
In regards to wr, I'm not restricting my choices to a slot guy. With Nico injury history and Dell coming back from injury, I'm taking the best guy and I'm running 11 personal. Brian Thomas, Dell, and Nico would put alot of pressure on any defense. McConkey was struggling vs press man, but it's something that he can work on. That's just me.

I'm sure you seen Titans run that screen to Henry. Trying to find a CM clone is nearly impossible. If the Texans want that kinda dude, trade for Kamara.
In regards to wr, I'm not restricting my choices to a slot guy. With Nico injury history and Dell coming back from injury, I'm taking the best guy and I'm running 11 personal. Brian Thomas, Dell, and Nico would put alot of pressure on any defense. McConkey was struggling vs press man, but it's something that he can work on. That's just me.
I would be very happy if Ryans/Caserio chose to go offense with a WR corps of Collins/Dell/Thomas. Trade up in the 2nd for the best RT (Paul) and sign Henry in FA. Those playmakers would make it very unlikely the Texans would 3 points again in a playoff game and give Stroud his best chance to succeed. IMHO

Bring everybody back in FA and use the 4ths to find a RB/CB. Fill the rest of the holes in FA on defense.

Last edited:
Exactly.

I could also see Caserio doing what he did last yr, trading one of the 4ths for a 2025 3rd. Top 100 picks are worth their weight in gold.

It’s a very underrated move. Caserio gained 20 picks higher in this year’s draft. Looking at last year’s draft, I like the team’s chances of getting a contributor at pick 85 more than 105 (the pick that was traded).

That’s not even taking into account the value of pick 85 in a trade up scenario vs pick 105.

It’s a very underrated move. Caserio gained 20 picks higher in this year’s draft. Looking at last year’s draft, I like the team’s chances of getting a contributor at pick 85 more than 105 (the pick that was traded).

That’s not even taking into account the value of pick 85 in a trade up scenario vs pick 105.
Pick 85 is worth 165 vs pick 105 = 84.

Pick 85 is worth 165 vs pick 105 = 84.
How much are both of the 4th the Texans have this yr worth and could they package 3-85 and one of the 4ths to move up to the bottom of the 2nd/top of the 3rd? If they can move up there I think they can find 3 differencemakers in this draft.

How much are both of the 4th the Texans have this yr worth and could they package 3-85 and one of the 4ths to move up to the bottom of the 2nd/top of the 3rd? If they can move up there I think they can find 3 differencemakers in this draft.
85 + 124 only move you up 9 places to 77th!
Weird huh?
Furthermore, adding 86 + 124 + 128 = about #68.

85 + 124 only move you up 9 places to 77th!
Weird huh?
Furthermore, adding 86 + 124 + 128 = about #68.
I know it's early to talk draft day trades. But I was thinking if the Patriots passed on QB at 1.3 and went with Harrison, they could trade back into the 1st for a 2nd tier QB like McCarthy, Nix, or Penix. If the Texans got involved with that, they could trade their 1st and a 4th (1.23 + 4.123) to the Pats for their 2nd and 3rd round picks (2.34 and 3.68). That's close enough on the draft chart. The Texans would have 2 2nds, 2 3rds, and still have a late 4th. Could stay pat, or still have the ammo to move around.

I know it's early to talk draft day trades. But I was thinking if the Patriots passed on QB at 1.3 and went with Harrison, they could trade back into the 1st for a 2nd tier QB like McCarthy, Nix, or Penix. If the Texans got involved with that, they could trade their 1st and a 4th (1.23 + 4.123) to the Pats for their 2nd and 3rd round picks (2.34 and 3.68). That's close enough on the draft chart. The Texans would have 2 2nds, 2 3rds, and still have a late 4th. Could stay pat, or still have the ammo to move around.
I'm thinking a trade down would be a good situation for the Texans - the extra high pick could be an extra piece to fill a hole in the roster.
The first three rounds are packed with good players.

I'm thinking a trade down would be a good situation for the Texans - the extra high pick could be an extra piece to fill a hole in the roster.
The first three rounds are packed with good players.

Trading down when the Pats were drafting in the 20's was an annual tradition. Are there 15 guys that are ranked closely together enough to do a deal like this? If Q. Mitchell/Thomas is there, or if a guy like Latu falls then I'm staying at 1-23. Otherwise I'm all on board for trading down.

Trading down when the Pats were drafting in the 20's was an annual tradition. Are there 15 guys that are ranked closely together enough to do a deal like this? If Q. Mitchell/Thomas is there, or if a guy like Latu falls then I'm staying at 1-23. Otherwise I'm all on board for trading down.
Tricky Nick has a penchant for moving up in the draft - I wouldn't like to see that this time - not in the first anyway.

Back