Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Shedeur Sanders, QB, Colorado (Son of Prime)

Has the potential to come out of the 2023 season as the #1 QB in this draft class. NFL scouts (Colts) are already at Buffs practices scouting Shedeur.

Statistics[edit]
Career2421−361690168.46,9837.870141881570.89
Colorado Buffaloes
Jackson State Tigers
GPRecordCompAttPctYardsAvgTDIntRateAttYardsAvgTD
SeasonGamesPassingRushing
20211210–227241365.93,2317.8308151.7103-17-0.23
20221211–134148370.63,7327.7406160.4851732.06
2023000–0000.000.0000.0000

Has the potential to come out of the 2023 season as the #1 QB in this draft class. NFL scouts (Colts) are already at Buffs practices scouting Shedeur.

Statistics[edit]
SeasonGamesPassingRushing
GPRecordCompAttPctYardsAvgTDIntRateAttYardsAvgTD
Jackson State Tigers
Colorado Buffaloes
Career2421−361690168.46,9837.870141881570.89
20211210–227241365.93,2317.8308151.7103-17-0.23
20221211–134148370.63,7327.7406160.4851732.06
2023000–0000.000.0000.0000

Sanders proved that he belongs with the big dawgs. He's a playmaker.

I didn’t watch the whole game, but from what I did see, I’m guessing that’s the kind of game that couch scouts value a lot more than the NFL scouts.

He did a fine job taking what the defense gave him, but that ridiculous yardage is more a reflection of the players to whom he was throwing the ball, in my opinion.

Yea but we got Stroud…

Right?

It’s not like we could have waited a year to draft a QB?

Right?

It’s not like next years QB class is any better than this years?

Right?

Sigh.
Impatience

Bad ownership, something that's passed down from generation to generation.

In other news, Colin Cowherd brilliantly deduced that the Portland Trailblazers should have selected Michael Jordan #1 instead of Sam Bowie.
Looks like Colin has become a little more forward-thinking. Although just about everyone and his brother are now jumping on the Shedeur train.

Looks like Colin has become a little more forward-thinking. Although just about everyone and his brother are now jumping on the Shedeur train.

Yea, he looks like the Heisman winner already and a top-5 pick, if not #1. He certainly has the pedigree to play in the NFL. It will be interesting to watch him this year and next year in the NFL!

I guess ownership didn't want to wait another year to address the QB position. If Houston had stayed put and taken Will at #2 and then an OL or a receiver at #12, which QB would you want in next year's draft?

The season just got started….I’ll wait before anointing a sure-fire QB1 in the draft.

On the other hand, if Cleveland craps the bed this season to the tune of putting the Texans in the Top 5 picks…..hail I want every QB to be awesome so there’s a QB frenzy before the Texans pick. As for the Browns pick, WR- Marvin Harrison, Jr would be my immediate pick to finally give the Texans and Stroud a legit WR1.

I guess ownership didn't want to wait another year to address the QB position. If Houston had stayed put and taken Will at #2 and then an OL or a receiver at #12, which QB would you want in next year's draft?

One of Williams/Maye/McCarthy/Sanders/Nix.

With a completely built team that has a lot of bluechip talent.

I have always said that Cal and the Texans are NOT forward-thinking. They are more like the puppy dog that only lives in the moment.

Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Sanders was great putting up 42 against a TCU defense. So was Stroud when he put up 41 vs. Georgia in the playoffs. Sanders is going to have a fine season, and will get drafted early if he decides to come out. But he will not have the seasons Stroud had in 2021 or 2022. Bookmark this.

Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Sanders was great putting up 42 against a TCU defense. So was Stroud when he put up 41 vs. Georgia in the playoffs. Sanders is going to have a fine season, and will get drafted early if he decides to come out. But he will not have the seasons Stroud had in 2021 or 2022. Bookmark this.
He also doesn't have the talent around him that Stroud had. He deals with pressure better than Stroud from what I've read

Sanders would have had better seasons than Stroud in 2021 and 2022 if he had Marvin Harrison Jr, Emeka Egbuka, Jaxson Smith-Njigba, Garret Wilson, Chris Olave, an NFL Oline, and 180-rushing yards-a-game.

On the other hand, there is no way in hell, as a Colorado Buffalo, that CJ Stroud could have played the game Shedeur Sanders played on Saturday.

Last edited:
He also doesn't have the talent around him that Stroud had. He deals with pressure better than Stroud from what I've read
Ryan Day would not have to protect Sanders as he did with Stroud. Sanders is the far better decision-maker. Sanders does not panic and processes information quickly.

Sanders would have had better seasons than Stroud in 2021 and 2022 if he had Marvin Harrison Jr, Emeka Egbuka, Jaxson Smith-Njigba, Garret Wilson, Chris Olave, an NFL Oline, and 180-rushing yards-a-game.
Cmon man, I like Sanders a lot and watch the JSU games (even prior to coach Neon Deion). However, you can't make these statements as fact. The talent differential OSU WRs had over their opposing DBs was on par with what JSU had as a whole team vs the SWAC. Check out JSU vs FAMU 2022 & 2023 to get a glimpse of what was and now since the big play-makers transferred to Colorado and elsewhere.
Ryan Day would not have to protect Sanders as he did with Stroud. Sanders is the far better decision-maker. Sanders does not panic and processes information quickly.
As far as protecting Stroud: The Endless Saga Of C.J. Stroud And Running The Football.

Sanders is an exciting player and the more exceptional QBs there are, the better for the game. But let his merits stand on its own or at least compare his to ALL the top college QBs of recent.

Last edited:
Cmon man, I like Sanders a lot and watch the JSU games (even prior to coach Neon Deion). However, you can't make these statements as fact. The talent differential OSU WRs had over their opposing DBs was on par with what JSU had as a whole team vs the SWAC. Check out JSU vs FAMU 2022 & 2023 to get a glimpse of what was and now since the big play-makers transferred to Colorado and elsewhere.

As far as protecting Stroud: The Endless Saga Of C.J. Stroud And Running The Football.

Sanders is an exciting player and the more exceptional QBs there are, the better for the game. But let his merits stand on its own or at least compare his to ALL the top college QBs of recent.
C'mon man, Stroud had a stable of potential Pro Bowl WR, an OL that will play in the NFL, and 3 RB who all average over 5.0 yards per rush, and 190 yards per game. Sanders OL pales in comparison as was evident in the only 55 yards rushing. If Stroud was the Colorado QB, Colorado would lose that game.

I think Sanders will be great draft prospect, but I’m not upset we drafted Stroud. I’m in the give the guy a chance to prove himself and develop. I’m surprised by how many people on here moan about drafting a QB when there was no guarantee we’d be in a slot to draft a top QB next year.

I don't know much about Sanders except he was really good in highschool and torched TCU last Saturday as a big underdog. I will be keeping up with the Colorado program when I get back from vacation. Can't say I've given the Buffs a second thought since the Longhorns NC game. The Big 12 championship game was a blast. Although it was a blowout

I love Sander's game. He might be the #1 pick. My only question is how effective can he be at beating quality defenses from the pocket because, to me, an NFL QB HAS to be able to produce from the pocket. It's great to make plays with one's legs but they gotta be able to throw well from the pocket. Can Sanders do that? I don't know.

I love Sander's game. He might be the #1 pick. My only question is how effective can he be at beating quality defenses from the pocket because, to me, an NFL QB HAS to be able to produce from the pocket. It's great to make plays with one's legs but they gotta be able to throw well from the pocket. Can Sanders do that? I don't know.

He's a pocket passer.

Did I say otherwise? My only question is how good can he be from the pocket against quality defenses.

You questioned about his ability to make plays from the pocket relative to making plays with his legs. And seeing as he's not really known for making plays with his legs I didn't have good reason to assume you knew his play style.

Whoa what happened to buckeye. Did someone steal his dog or something. Dude relax. Personal attacks are not only uncalled for, there is no reason to be upset. Molly made a good point and was trying to be helpful.

He's a pocket passer.
This is about as plain and simple as it gets.

Have you seen him play?

He delivered from the pocket Saturday night under intense pressure. I moved him up to QB2. For some reason I doubt he comes out in the next draft.

You never know what a person has going on in their personal life. A little push can send them over the edge.

You haven’t watched Falling Down it’s a good movie.

I watched a good part of that game Sat night. I've actually been sick as a dog from around Tue of last week. I had to isolate so spent the whole weekend alone. Told the GF to stay away. I've turned the corner and am feeling much better today. And I can now be around people again. Yay.

In any event, I was alone on the couch being sick and miserable and I'm like ya let me take in this game. I fell asleep from around mid 3rd qtr to mid 4th.

Woke back up and took in the rest until they got to double OT. Fell asleep again. Ugh.

But this kid has something special going on. There's an it factor that he probably gets from his Dad. Guys will follow him. He won't be a Texan but I'll be following his career.

You never know what a person has going on in their personal life. A little push can send them over the edge.

You haven’t watched Falling Down it’s a good movie.
Falling Down is a great movie, one of my favorites.

Micheal Douglas was great and at some point there is going to be people who get tired of all of the lawlessness and take things into their own hands. It's already happening and a growing trend. Referring to the movie, no political BS in this post.

Have you seen him play?

He delivered from the pocket Saturday night under intense pressure. I moved him up to QB2. For some reason I doubt he comes out in the next draft.
If you're a top 3 pick you have to go. Stupid not to. To not go jeopardizes $20MM GTD. This is the whole purpose for doing this.

Back