Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Tank Dell shot… he’s ok!

I just smoked a bowl so hear me out here. Tanks were concepted and created to cross no man's land "trench warfare" (people shooting at each other). Tank actually did that. He's at the age where he's 6ft tall and bulletproof. I miss that age and that's where all "he needs to watch the crowds" comments come from.

Anyone who has lived over the age of 40 (White, Black, Brown, or Pink) knows exactly what I'm saying.

I just smoked a bowl so hear me out here. Tanks were concepted and created to cross no man's land "trench warfare" (people shooting at each other). Tank actually did that. He's at the age where he's 6ft tall and bulletproof. I miss that age and that's where all "he needs to watch the crowds" comments come from.

Anyone who has lived over the age of 40 (White, Black, Brown, or Pink) knows exactly what I'm saying.
Perhaps that bowl motivated the shooters

There's a reason why bars close after 2 and your mamma told you nothing good happens after midnight..

I don’t know about this….. for guys anyway..lots of great things happen for them after midnight.

My mom used to tell my sisters that nothing is open after midnight but legs….so have your ass home well before then.

so you mean that alcohol, hot chicks (well any available babe), and young dudes generally means at some point something is going to wrong more times than not...

And that is worse than the culture that creates all the young white people doing planned mass shootings?

We can all generalize. Because it is intellectually expedient.

What that 16-year-old did had nothing to do with Tank. He was literally an innocent bystander. But some people want to drape the euphemism of "culture" and all the implications it brings across his shoulders with a knowing little nod. Not as blatant here but go read the comments on the Texans IG post about this situation. It's 2024 and people still haven't learned to not say their quiet thoughts out loud.
dude you are waiting to spew your race card with joy. I was clear about not labeling a race card on the culture which exists across the full spectrum of society. Might want to discuss your thoughts with the one that put the words that came out of you.

I get what sandman was angling at. I also agree with Carr Bombed. Both had valid and legitimate arguments. Race is just so hard to discuss without the other side lashing back. It sucks.

I'm probably one of the more stereotypical white dudes around here. Middle aged. Oil & Gas. Suburbs. Protestant. F250. Love a nice lawn. I check a lot of undiversified boxes. :splits:

I'm just saying that in my opinion people who "look like me" don't always have a full understanding how their comments are received/implied even if we think we are coming from an altruistic place. Using the word "culture" as a pejorative related to black professional athletes is just a bad look coming from someone who "looks like me", regardless of how you meant it. IMHO, of course. YMMV.

I'm just glad he is going to be ok. Both for football and, more importantly, life in general.

It didn't seem like he was engaged in high-risk activity whatsoever. Wrong place, wrong time.

These days, you're just as likely to be capped walking down a grocery aisle at 1 PM as you are at a bar at 1 AM.

There is no safe space in public anymore. Sadly...it doesn't exist.

The planet is going to hell in a handbasket and yall wonder why I stay stoned all the time. :lol:

Ehh, by age you’re almost outta here Thorn.. easy for u to sit back, get baked and
1714663714389.gif

You’ve had your turn turning the world into the hell it is now…some of us still have …or think we have quite a bit of time left on this blue marble.

Ehh, by age you’re almost outta here Thorn.. easy for u to sit back, get baked and
View attachment 14119

You’ve had your turn turning the world into the hell it is now…some of us still have …or think we have quite a bit of time left on this blue marble.

So I make a joke and get insulted for it. Why don't you just **** off and go bother someone else.

I have no idea why, but I really want to know where Tank was shot. I think the leading guess is the buttocks, but I want confirmation. (Sorry Tank about not respecting your privacy. :) )

I have no idea why, but I really want to know where Tank was shot. I think the leading guess is the buttocks, but I want confirmation. (Sorry Tank about not respecting your privacy. :) )
Jeez.
Just imagine if DeShaun Watson got shot in the buttocks. you would have to set up temporary housing area for "Massage therapists" outside of the Houstonian.

The planet is going to hell in a handbasket and yall wonder why I stay stoned all the time. :lol:
I quit everything so Im sober everyday.

Good thing I've always been a people watcher. the last few years have provided for some very.... "unique viewing" of some.... very..... "interesting" subjects.

It's made me want to take up bird watching having heard they were extinct but seeing absolutely no shortage of dodos.

As a non-user, I always had the impression that pot would mellow one out? One would not be so touchy and grumpy?

Not that anybody here should really give a ****, including me, but what ticked me off was this.

You’ve had your turn turning the world into the hell it is now…

Blame association by group membership is common, and most often incorrect. Yes, most of the world leaders are my age, and they're doing a piss poor job of running the planet. I don't like being lumped in with their kind.

**** like this is the reason NSZ doesn't exist now, cause it can get nasty.

Not that anybody here should really give a ****, including me, but what ticked me off was this.

Blame association by group membership is common, and most often incorrect. Yes, most of the world leaders are my age, and they're doing a piss poor job of running the planet. I don't like being lumped in with their kind.

**** like this is the reason NSZ doesn't exist now, cause it can get nasty.
I agree but when I read that I thought he was referring more to our age group than you specifically although I could see how you thought so as it was addressed to you.

I agree but when I read that I thought he was referring more to our age group than you specifically although I could see how you thought so as it was addressed to you.
Same thing with another post. Without naming names, there was a comment about "culture". Another poster immediately took it to be racist. When I read it, I took it as meaning the modern youth culture of the genZers and America in general.

So Tank got shot-shot...not just grazed...

Texans wide receiver Tank Dell suffered a gunshot wound to his leg a week ago as an innocent bystander during a mass shooting in Florida, sustaining a flesh wound that went through one side of the leg and exited through the other side, according to sources.

Dell is both “very lucky” to be alive and to have avoided structural damage to his leg, per sources, as he was in the middle of a crossfire in Sanford, Fla., between two shooters with one 16-year-old suspect arrested and in custody,

Dell is healing up quickly and is considered likely to be cleared for physical activity at some point this spring and is expected to make a full recovery in advance of training camp in July, per sources.

Just as I initially posted, Tank's gunshot wound to his lower extremity is anything but "minor."

There were 2 shooters. The first, the 16 year old harbored a 9 mm..........the second harbored a 45 mm. Dell was hit by the 9 mm.

Sustaining a 9 mm through and through wound to the leg is not the potentially "minor" wound many times portrayed in movies. Having taken care of more gun shot wounds than I care to remember, "minor" is never something that comes to mind when it come to a 9 mm. The energy damage to soft tissues of a 9mm going 1100 fps is pretty much the same as a 45 going 800 fps.

The entrance and exit holes do not accurately reflect the damage actually done by the shockwave the bullet creates travelling through soft tissue. This shockwave typically will significantly damage nearby muscle, nerve and vascular tissues..............tissues that the bullet did not directly make contact with. Some of the resulting damage/function is not appreciated until long after the initial trauma.

**************************************************************************************
The type of party that anyone should have questioned before deciding to attend

Sheriff: Tank Dell caught in crossfire between 2 shooters at Florida pool party

Daytona Beach boy arrested, 2nd shooter sought, sheriff said​

C. A. Bridges
USA TODAY NETWORK - Florida

The evening event at Cabama Live on Saturday, April 27 was advertised as a "Nobody Leaves Sober" pool party with a $10 cover charge and was attended by about 200 people, Lemma said. No one under 21 was allowed. There were 10 armed security guards working the event, checking IDs and patting guests down for firearms.

Yeah not a medical expert here but I really don’t see how this isn’t a huge cause for concern for him on the field moving forward.

Yeah not a medical expert here but I really don’t see how this isn’t a huge cause for concern for him on the field moving forward.
Although I will say Brian Robinson was shot twice in the legs last year and had to have surgery. He was back to playing 6 weeks later and still looks like a good player so not all doom and gloom

Just as I initially posted, Tank's gunshot wound to his lower extremity is anything but "minor."

There were 2 shooters. The first, the 16 year old harbored a 9 mm..........the second harbored a 45 mm. Dell was hit by the 9 mm.

Sustaining a 9 mm through and through wound to the leg is not the potentially "minor" wound many times portrayed in movies. Having taken care of more gun shot wounds than I care to remember, "minor" is never something that comes to mind when it come to a 9 mm. The energy damage to soft tissues of a 9mm going 1100 fps is pretty much the same as a 45 going 800 fps.

The entrance and exit holes do not accurately reflect the damage actually done by the shockwave the bullet creates travelling through soft tissue. This shockwave typically will significantly damage nearby muscle, nerve and vascular tissues..............tissues that the bullet did not directly make contact with. Some of the resulting damage/function is not appreciated until long after the initial trauma.

**************************************************************************************

C. A. Bridges

The evening event at Cabama Live on Saturday, April 27 was advertised as a "Nobody Leaves Sober" pool party with a $10 cover charge and was attended by about 200 people, Lemma said. No one under 21 was allowed. There were 10 armed security guards working the event, checking IDs and patting guests down for firearms.

Cool cool cool cool.

Not a description [below] of a recover time table for a "minor" wound............ But hopefully he does not end up with any permanent football debility. 🙏
Dell is healing up quickly and is considered likely to be cleared for physical activity at some point this spring and is expected to make a full recovery in advance of training camp in July, per sources.

C. A. Bridges

Well I'm just thankful that one of the shooters didn't have an assault rifle or today we'd
probably be discussing Tank's funeral.

Maybe Tank should just change his name or something, like bullet or lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To let a 16 year old and a 9 mm and 45 get by, doesn't seem like security in general there were very on the ball...............it doesn't take a great leap to believe that an AK could have gotten by.................after all, they did allow a Tank to get by!!!!!! :thinking:

Wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if security didn't see the need for themselves to be excluded from the "Nobody Leaves Sober" theme of the party. :shades:

Sounds like a local establishment near his Mom's place.
A shame when you can't go out somewhere without punks with guns.
People need to accept the way things are instead of the way things should be. A lesson I hope Dell has learned.

Players have a life also that includes large group outings. The issue here is the culture which creates youth that use deadly violence without a care.
Maybe they shouldn't have that type of life.

Maybe Tank needs to start hanging out with Stroud more.

Dude is at a private event in a location that bills itself as family friendly and clearly has minors in attendance, a random fist fight breaks out in which he was not involved, a 16 year old pulls a gun and indiscriminately starts shooting, hitting several bystanders including Tank. That is about a random a circumstance that you can get.

But some of y'all saying he's got to put the old life away and quit hanging with the wrong crowd. Just go ahead and use the word "thug" and all its intended meaning. You know you want to. That same thing happens at Memorial Park on a Sunday afternoon and it is a tragedy.
Like TB said, look at the film and make of it what you want to make of it. It's there for all to see.

BTW, I haven't heard of this kinda crap happening in Memorial Park, but I dont keepup with the local news like I used too. Obviously you keep up with the local news. Can you lead me to a story where this happened in Memorial Park? This truly interests me because we go down there 3-4 times a yr. Maybe we need to stop going down there.

And that is worse than the culture that creates all the young white people doing planned mass shootings?

We can all generalize. Because it is intellectually expedient.

What that 16-year-old did had nothing to do with Tank. He was literally an innocent bystander. But some people want to drape the euphemism of "culture" and all the implications it brings across his shoulders with a knowing little nod. Not as blatant here but go read the comments on the Texans IG post about this situation. It's 2024 and people still haven't learned to not say their quiet thoughts out loud.
I know you're not from this country

But we have freedom of speech in this country and trying to equate a mentally ill person who is a mass shooter to this situation is being disingenuous.

Amen! Random, nothing he could do. You work your butt off to live a dream, folks got no call asking you to live in a bubble.
You dont have to put yourself in a bubble to make good choices. He's gotta make better choices about who he hangs out with.

xtratruroyalty x said it best.

Go back and read his post.

Ever used a red dot?
Yes, on the quite expensive scope I use regularly for my AR. I along with my childhood buddies do long range precision shooting. (600+ yards) Why do you ask? Is that what the obviously bad shot had on his handgun?

That’s a reach. Would have been awfully hard to sneak not only an assault rifle into a bar/club, but also a tripod for mounting said imaginary assault rifle for aiming. The real issue is these young dudes with money seem to have trouble leaving that ghetto arse crowd they seem to always surround themselves with. Also, the reports clearly stated that all 10 victims were shot in their lower extremities. This pitty party is ridiculous. I hope someone had a serious talk with Tank and he grows up after this.

Eh, to be fair to him…at his age, I should’ve been dead or at least maimed by association at least 3-4 times frequenting some of the spots, hanging with some of the people I was with and doing some of the things I was doing at that age & I think most of us can relate. this is a young 24 year old kid…1st time with some real money & enjoying his 1st offseason with it. Separating from that crowd at that age is tough…lots of “day 1’s” and folks in that crowd that were your biggest champion when you were nobody. It unfortunately takes incidents like this to get these guys to see that they can’t move in the same circles they once did when they were broke.

He’ll get it eventually with time and maturity, but I’ll repeat my initial post…he’s lucky as hell. A similar incident happened with Darrent Williams of the broncos Back in the early 2000’s & he wasn’t so lucky. Someone sprayed a vehicle he was riding in with a bunch of his friends…thinking another bronco player was in it (Brandon Marshall) b/c HE said something to a guy on his way into the club.

Although I will say Brian Robinson was shot twice in the legs last year and had to have surgery. He was back to playing 6 weeks later and still looks like a good player so not all doom and gloom
Be a little bit more detailed in comparing the wounds of one player to that of tank as was identified by Cloak and Dagger.

That’s a reach. Would have been awfully hard to sneak not only an assault rifle into a bar/club, but also a tripod for mounting said imaginary assault rifle for aiming. The real issue is these young dudes with money seem to have trouble leaving that ghetto arse crowd they seem to always surround themselves with. Also, the reports clearly stated that all 10 victims were shot in their lower extremities. This pitty party is ridiculous. I hope someone had a serious talk with Tank and he grows up after this.
The assault rifles I have used did not require tripods. Just saying

I know you're not from this country

But we have freedom of speech in this country and trying to equate a mentally ill person who is a mass shooter to this situation is being disingenuous.

Brother, I know I started posting here a lot more when I lived overseas for work, but seven generations of my family are from Texas. I've got my great-great grandfather's decommissioning papers from the Texas Rangers in 1879 hanging on my wall. I've got family buried from Silsbee to El Paso.

And bringing a weapon to a crowded public event with intent to use is still... intent to use. If the intent was to say that the culture of glorifying guns and violence was about the current generation compared to previous generations, then this culture created both Sante Fe and this kid that shot Tank.

You can't tell me there isn't some mental instability in a 16-year-old who sees justification in not only packing, but also in being willing to pull it out and try to kneecap a room full of people. Or worse, and we should be thankful he shoots like a Stormtrooper. Unless we are trying to say a different culture is responsible for that mindset. Which I was told explicitly that we were not trying to say that.

But hey. We are all Texans. Culture is interpretative. Tank hangs out with the wrong type of 16-year-olds.

Back