Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Tennessee Titans @ Houston Texans. 9/15. Noon. CBS. **Official Liberty White Thread**

Schaub really pulled together after the Pick Six. Underrated leadership shown there by going back to Hopkins after all that. He basically said "don't worry dude, I still trust you."

That's a really positive development if so. And Hopkins responded in kind.

Schaub looks like a different guy this year. Physically stronger and quicker... More confident. He took a lot of hits today but was never rattled. Though certainly not a great game on his part, I am very excited about him this year.

Hey everybody? What'd I miss?

...did we win??
:fans:

Yes! And Bud Adams petitioned the league saying the turf wasn't playable and he wants to move out of Houston.

The league said the turf was fine (again) and Houston wants him to move too. Adams did, however, seem to be relieved when told he was told he already tried this bullsh*t once before and his team is now in Nashville.

Said Adams, "I love LA!!"

post game notes:

1) schaub plays hard. he doesn't always play well, but he plays hard and doesn't quit. imo that's a much better asset than mobility. it is funny to read all of the comments about how bad he sucks and then see him play like a seasoned vet in a clutch situation. schaub is a fine QB and he's proving it.

2) special teams are hugely improved (minus fat Donny Osmond of course). lechler is the man and the coverage looks much better.

3) hopkins is a winner. AJ has an heir.

4) any news on wade smith? with quessenberry out, the o-line could have major problems (it does already) if smith isn't healthy.

5) finally, while I don't like many of his calls, I have faith in Kubiak.

This one kind of reminded me of some of the heart-breakers we'd lose to the Colts with us playing the role of the Colts, and the Titans in our former role.

Much as I don't like it, they may be on the upswing (although unlike some folks, I remain as unconvinced as ever that Locker will be anything more than a marginal NFL QB).

Schaub really pulled together after the Pick Six. Underrated leadership shown there by going back to Hopkins after all that. He basically said "don't worry dude, I still trust you."

That's a really positive development if so. And Hopkins responded in kind.

No it was Schaub's fault... kubiak already said it

This one kind of reminded me of some of the heart-breakers we'd lose to the Colts with us playing the role of the Colts, and the Titans in our former role.

Much as I don't like it, they may be on the upswing (although unlike some folks, I remain as unconvinced as ever that Locker will be anything more than a marginal NFL QB).

I think Tennessee is a damn good football team, especially defensively. I like their style -- very physical and penetrating along the lines. I agree that Locker is going to be the problem with that team. and I think their best scenario is 9-7 or so. They could get better quickly though if they draft to their system.

I've never said this about a punter before, but Lechler is a beast. Best FA signing we've made in a quite some time.

Gotta love deandre. Schaub Is so up and down its scary. But I give him credit for pulling out a win. The oline is not clicking in pass protection. Effing TN is going to have a solid season.

@JoshReeseRadio: #Texans #Titans Guard Chance Warmack says JJ Watt only has 2 good moves

Wasn't this the same guy that said last season if he didn't give up two sacks to Watt he would have had a great game?

post game notes:

1) schaub plays hard. he doesn't always play well, but he plays hard and doesn't quit. imo that's a much better asset than mobility. it is funny to read all of the comments about how bad he sucks and then see him play like a seasoned vet in a clutch situation. schaub is a fine QB and he's proving it.

2) special teams are hugely improved (minus fat Donny Osmond of course). lechler is the man and the coverage looks much better.

4) any news on wade smith? with quessenberry out, the o-line could have major problems (it does already) if smith isn't healthy.

Wade smith is hurt?

By the way, special teams coverage looks much improved because of bullock blasting kickoffs... In addition to #9- my new favorite Texan... Almost.

Bullock has been put in very difficult situations to begin his career. A few chip shots wouldn't hurt... Two career games and two long field goal attempts on last play of regulation to win the game. Not many kickers begin their career that way.

So the 2013 Texans become the latest team to earn the name "Cardiac Kids".

I don't know Herv. The Texans are doing this against a couple of average teams. I don't want to see them get down and have to try and come back against better teams.

Where do we find a new kicker? Who's out there?

I don't know but I am sure Rick Smith will be on the phone.

Last edited:
Wasn't this the same guy that said last season if he didn't give up two sacks to Watt he would have had a great game?

I think it is the guy who was drafted to replace that guy. Anyway if your two good moves work to mvp level then what is the issue

Great game..... on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Lots of stuff to work on, but we got the W..... & are on top of the AFC South again.

Fingers crossed, praying for Andre, Duane, & Wade.

For those asking for a QB that is more mobile with a stronger arm... Jake Locker anyone?

It's not hard to find a player at the QB position with more mobility and a stronger arm than Schaub. Most in the NFL meet that criteria, even backups. It's hard to find a QB that has those attributes.

bilde

bud adams was there to see his titans L in person...........that puts a smile on my face

bilde

bud adams was there to see his titans L in person...........that puts a smile on my face

Telly Savalas: It's time to go, sir.

Adams: But the game is going to overtime.....and you're dead anyway.

Savalas: That's right, sir, it's time to go. :roast:

(Too soon, seeing how he isn't gone yet?? :D)

post game notes:

Schaub is wishy-washy at best. Quite often it's his inconsistent play that puts the team in positions that dictate he must throw the ball. He looks antsy and nervous 90% of the time he's under any kind of pressure and doesn't do a great job of consistently extending broken plays.
He's very bad when he has to double clutch and pump action fake is something he's only heard about. Actually, he might've done the PAF twice in his career.

Schaub is wishy-washy at best. Quite often it's his inconsistent play that puts the team in positions that dictate he must throw the ball. He looks antsy and nervous 90% of the time he's under any kind of pressure and doesn't do a great job of consistently extending broken plays.
He's very bad when he has to double clutch and pump action fake is something he's only heard about. Actually, he might've done the PAF twice in his career.

A wishy washy QB on pace for over 5k yards and almost 50 TDs. I'll take it.

A wishy washy QB on pace for over 5k yards and almost 50 TDs. I'll take it.
Keep going by the stat line. That'll make more goat cheese. :cheese:

Stats don't tell the real story or the whole story. Schaub has looked shakey for long stretches in both games. Yes, he has led comebacks, but that doesn't make him Joe Montana. If Schaub hadn't thrown pick 6's in each game, neither one would've been as close as they were.

Stats don't tell the real story or the whole story. Schaub has looked shakey for long stretches in both games. Yes, he has led comebacks, but that doesn't make him Joe Montana. If Schaub hadn't thrown pick 6's in each game, neither one would've been as close as they were.

If the defense didn't give up 2 TDs in both games, neither would've been as close as they were.

The stats don't matter. That INT don't matter. What happened at the end of the game, is all that matters. He did what he had to do to win.

That's true, stats don't tell the full story. Schaub has three picks, but only one of them was due to an actual bad throw.

BTW, I don't quite remember the pick 6 in the SD game you are referring to.

and yet we won another game (from behind) on the back of a strong passing game. i personally don't care for anecdotal evidence, what shows up in the box score and stat line speaks for its self. schaub, who threw for 3 TDs and nearly 300 yards today, was key to our win today.

It'scarzy,but the Texans dominated in every stat buy 2: 3rd down conversions and time of possession. Dang stats.:kubepalm:

and yet we won another game (from behind) on the back of a strong passing game. i personally don't care for anecdotal evidence, what shows up in the box score and stat line speaks for its self. schaub, who threw for 3 TDs and nearly 300 yards today, was key to our win today.
There are three kind of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics.

Looking at the stat sheet, the Texans should've blown out the tAcks. Schaub's poor play, for long periods of play, is a large part of the reason the game went to overtime. Be a homer if you want, it's a free country. Don't try making up your own narrative based on a stats line. Schaub played poorly for most of todays game. The Texans got a W and it's all well and good. That W belongs more to the defense and offensive players not named Schaub than anything else.

Strong passing game? You must be smoking the :koolaid:
Smoking kool aid is a neat trick.

schaub homers call a 2 int day pretty good.
last week schaub had an int 15secs into the game and we have homers posting schaub is superman.

:wadepalm::kubepalm:

Looking at the stat sheet, the Texans should've blown out the tAcks. Schaub's poor play, for long periods of play, is a large part of the reason the game went to overtime. Be a homer if you want, it's a free country. Don't try making up your own narrative based on a stats line. Schaub played poorly for most of todays game. The Texans got a W and it's all well and good. That W belongs more to the defense and offensive players not named Schaub than anything else.

I think the OL's pass pro was worse today than Schaub's performance. We all know Schaub doesn't play well when he's constantly pressured.

Not to complain about wins, but we beat titans and chargers. If they get down vs a manning, rogers type, game over. Theyre not trying to protect a lead, theyre trying to incr2ase it. Look, we know schaub cant handle pocket push. When he gets it, he cant reset his feet and make a good throw. Thats why today until late today, his throws were high. Some people mistake slow feet with being unathletic. Vick has slow feet, but he has a cannon to make up for it. Neither manning brothers are athletic, but they have good feet.

If the defense didn't give up 2 TDs in both games, neither would've been as close as they were.

The stats don't matter. That INT don't matter. What happened at the end of the game, is all that matters. He did what he had to do to win.
Wow!!! 2 TD's a game now equates to bad defense? I'll put my money on teams expecting D's to give up 2 TD's a game on D rather than 2 pick sixes. Have you ever seen a team that relies on a pick 6 for a win? Not your best analysis, TK.

I think the OL's pass pro was worse today than Schaub's performance. We all know Schaub doesn't play well when he's constantly pressured.
Every QB in the league has to deal with subpar protection game to game, Great QB's deal with it. Especially during big games.

First, a missed FG was the reason the game wen't into OT. Schaub did everything he needed to do to put it away and Bullock didn't.

Secondly, stats are telling -- stats from today demonstrate that Schaub distributed the ball well, found the end zone 3 times, and earned a W in OT. I value stats more than the initial reactions of fans who think the sky is falling every time we don't convert on 3rd down. To each their own...

Finally, the Texans are ranked 9th in passing offense after two weeks. So yes, a strong passing game.

I know alot of people want to blame hopkins on that pick 6, after watching again, that was on schaub. There were 2 verticals on thay side. Hopkins was running to get the cb to open up. Matt was looking for a comeback rt which wouldve been short or picked off anyway. The cb had his back to the sideline which opened an inside go rte off the leverage. Maybe 76texan can show the videa

Back