Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans Linebackers

Perryman should not be out there until he can play without a club. His best asset, his tackling, is compromised. Can’t make tackles with that club on. @CloakNNNdagger any idea when he’ll get that club off?

There are many small ligaments in the wrist. With a Grade II which is what it appears to be since Perryman has not had surgery (which would be required with a Grade III [rupture]), will require ~4-6 weeks of splint stabilization before removal of the club should be entertained. The injury occurred Sept 22. I should mention that Dec of last year, he suffered a wrist sprain. This history could prompt an even longer period of protection.

Perryman has a long history of injuries and cannot stay healthy. I was worried about that coming into the season, and of course it’s come to fruition. Good player when healthy, but I favor a slightly lesser…but more reliable player. I think they should look for a replacement in the off-season.

He’s one of those 6th round picks Caserio gets a bad rep for frittering away on bottom of the roster churn trades.

Yep, If they trade every 6th rd pick for underrated guys, package with higher picks to move up in the draft, or depth pieces when injuries hit like Caserio did with Jones/Kendrick then I will be happy.

Better to take a chance on a guy that's played a yr or two in the NFL and has talent but has been injured than use them on a guy like the S they drafted in the last draft.

Perryman has a long history of injuries and cannot stay healthy. I was worried about that coming into the season, and of course it’s come to fruition. Good player when healthy, but I favor a slightly lesser…but more reliable player. I think they should look for a replacement in the off-season.
What they really need is for Harris to get healthy and play up to his talent level. Along with Cashman staying healthy.

Getting a hit like Cashman makes up for plenty of misses. Just like all 6th round picks. If you hit on one out of four or five you’re doing great!

Patriots have their 6th round pick hit quota covered forever with Tom Brady.
I wouldn't say forever because this looks like BBs last hoorah as the Patriots HC and I can't imagine another team hiring him and giving him HC/GM duties. He's not good at drafting. He struck gold with Brady and made a HOF career with him.

I wouldn't say forever because this looks like BBs last hoorah as the Patriots HC and I can't imagine another team hiring him and giving him HC/GM duties. He's not good at drafting. He struck gold with Brady and made a HOF career with him.
I could see him getting another job as a HC if he wants it. I think he'll retire soon... or maybe go join Saban for a year or two

I am interested in seeing the LB rotation coming out of the bye week. I think it’s obvious AFC Defensive Player of the Week Blake Cashman has earned a starting role. Perryman, if healthy will likely be the other LB getting a majority of snaps. The team needs a sure tackler, they are currently leading the league in missed tackles. If Perryman gets the club off his hand he can be that guy.

That leaves former teammates Christian Harris and Henry To’o To’o battling it out for that 3rd LB role.

Harris has been injured and ineffective this season. Hopefully he’s healthy coming out of the bye. The team could use his athleticism.

I am interested in seeing the LB rotation coming out of the bye week. I think it’s obvious AFC Defensive Player of the Week Blake Cashman has earned a starting role. Perryman, if healthy will likely be the other LB getting a majority of snaps. The team needs a sure tackler, they are currently leading the league in missed tackles. If Perryman gets the club off his hand he can be that guy.

That leaves former teammates Christian Harris and Henry To’o To’o battling it out for that 3rd LB role.

Harris has been injured and ineffective this season. Hopefully he’s healthy coming out of the bye. The team could use his athleticism.
If Harris/ Cashman can stay healthy and Harris can play up to his talent level we will see the greatest improvement on the team at the LB position.

Looks to me with Hyder and Sanders being brought in that Ryans doesn't like the depth at the Edge position.

Looks like we’ve cut Littleton and added Myjai Sanders from the Cardinals via waivers.
Seems an interesting prospect, managed 3 sacks as a rookie last year but recently activated from IR so hasn’t yet played this season, doesn’t fit the new scheme in Arizona hence him getting cut.

Looks like we’ve cut Littleton and added Myjai Sanders from the Cardinals via waivers.
Seems an interesting prospect, managed 3 sacks as a rookie last year but recently activated from IR so hasn’t yet played this season, doesn’t fit the new scheme in Arizona hence him getting cut.
I didn’t know anything about Sanders but was curious why a third rounder with a very productive college career and not a bad rookie season pre injury would be cut. Really my research showed no good reason. Cardinals couldn’t make a trade so they waived him. Seems their new coaching regime is on a roster purification movement and has a deep edge rusher room. No practice squad assignment? Why? Negatives were that he is a little skinny but really fast for a 6’5” 255#er…4.41 fast. Also because of his speed he tends to jump early at times. But this guy reportedly was chipped and double teamed a lot in college but still had consecutive all AAC honors. Seems like a no brainer move by NC to kick his wheels.

I didn’t know anything about Sanders but was curious why a third rounder with a very productive college career and not a bad rookie season pre injury would be cut. Really my research showed no good reason. Cardinals couldn’t make a trade so they waived him. Seems their new coaching regime is on a roster purification movement and has a deep edge rusher room. No practice squad assignment? Why? Negatives were that he is a little skinny but really fast for a 6’5” 255#er…4.41 fast. Also because of his speed he tends to jump early at times. But this guy reportedly was chipped and double teamed a lot in college but still had consecutive all AAC honors. Seems like a no brainer move by NC to kick his wheels.

He literally ran 4.67..

Back