Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans vs Cardinals Post Game: Ugly Win and I’ll Take it!!

Texansballer74

The Marine
Man that second half was ugly!!! But we did enough in the second half to pull off the victory.

Thank you defense for saving the day!

CJ had a monster first half but in the second half not so good.

Singletary with another game with over 100 yards. Imo should be the starter going forward.

Tank is a top notch receiver, could we say our number one. He had another dynamic game.

Chime in with your Texans love.

Well, we definitely handled adversity. CJ had multiple ints yet we still found a way to hold on to the win. He still threw for over 300 yards and multiple TDs which is nice.

We need to revisit 2nd half playcalling and adjustments. Defense needs to clean up some things as well (pass defense especially).

Ugly win, but I’ll take it. Not worried about CJ Stroud but we gotta draft the best WR possible with one of our early picks. We need a good pass rusher and DT so we don’t keep getting slashed the way we do.

For an optimistic person this could be taken as a sign that the Texans are becoming a good team. One that can win even when they have a bad game. It also shows how much our expectations have changed.

Not only do we expect to win but we expect to win in a certain way. Bottom line the Texans scored 21 points & held the Cardinals to 16, We are now 6-4 & like Bill Parcells said 'you are what your record says you are'.

Need to be better in the red zone, we left alot of points out there today. I’m not a fan of abandoning the run too early, it felt like we were leaning on Stroud too much

I’m glad the defense closed this one out for the team, it be a big boost for them. Cashman is a stud

We left 5 scoring opportunities on the field - 1 missed FG; 1 turnover on downs; 3 int's. Way too many missed opportunities, and tackles, that will result in a different outcome against playoff teams.
Still, I'm happy with the outcome. It's been a long time since I cared enough about the Texans to scream at the TV like I did today.

For an optimistic person this could be taken as a sign that the Texans are becoming a good team. One that can win even when they have a bad game. It also shows how much our expectations have changed.

Not only do we expect to win but we expect to win in a certain way. Bottom line the Texans scored 21 points & held the Cardinals to 16, We are now 6-4 & like Bill Parcells said 'you are what your record says you are'.
Apparently, Parcels was wrong. The Cardinals are 2-9, which is way below .500 but they're obviously better than their record.

We left 5 scoring opportunities on the field - 1 missed FG; 1 turnover on downs; 3 int's. Way too many missed opportunities, and tackles, that will result in a different outcome against playoff teams.
Still, I'm happy with the outcome. It's been a long time since I cared enough about the Texans to scream at the TV like I did today.

Looking at the Texans right now, and not 7 games from now, they won't last long in the playoffs. But we didn't expect to be having this conversation before the season started.

People said this was a trap game, but I'm not sure a team as young and naive as the Texans can have a trap game yet. For the most part, the team did not fall into a trap and performed as we've come to expect from a team excited to win any game - mistakes, graft and some thrilling plays. I say for the most part, because if anyone fell into a trap, it was our young phenom CJ Stroud who arguably had his worst game as a Texan - his first time upsidedown on the TD/Int ratio. I'm confident that he will treat this as a learning moment as part of his growth, and it's way better his first slip-up came this week rather than next.

Looking at the Texans right now, and not 7 games from now, they won't last long in the playoffs. But we didn't expect to be having this conversation before the season started.
Steel did. He wrote before the season started that this is going to be a 10-win season. I know the rest of the schedule looks soft, and the Texans should win at least four more games, the Cardinals reminded me that there are no sure things in the NFL. Some of those teams that look soft may be working towards something, like the Cards.

So. We won the freaking game. Cardinals playing hard, wanted that higher slotted draft pick 😂

Steel did. He wrote before the season started that this is going to be a 10-win season. I know the rest of the schedule looks soft, and the Texans should win at least four more games, the Cardinals reminded me that there are no sure things in the NFL. Some of those teams that look soft may be working towards something, like the Cards.
That was not what he said.
He said that with average QB play, the Texans should win at least 10 games this season.

Average is the last thing CJ Stroud is.

I would say after the big hit. Keep in mind just a couple of weeks ago, he was battling a shoulder injury. I would not be surprised if that shoulder was sore after that hit.
I thought I saw him take 2 unimpeded big hit sacks today. He needs to conjure up some Spidey Sense to get rid of the ball when those massive DL are charging at him.

For all the negativity directed at the refs last week, we got a critical call this week which went our way - the punt which was called the Texans ball after hitting a player and recovered.

I thought the call should have gone to the Cards, but replay wasn't conclusive to overturn the call on the field.

You lose some, you win some.

I thought Stroud was fine in the second half.

He made 1 bad throw.

Teams are jumping the Texans out routes right now...

Its time that Houston starts Sluggoing, as well as Out and Going them.... Teams are way to comfortable jumping Stroud for whatever reason.

Like this idea. Hopefully Slow is already working on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little worried about the aftermath of that hit. Maybe more than worried. Stroud wasn't really driving the ball post hit. I could see CJ missing some practice time and healing up after that.
I made the comment in the game day thread you can't have your QB taking hits like that.
I bet his ribs are at least bruised and that will effect his throwing motion.
That will take a couple of weeks to heal up and give upcoming defences something to work on.

Also, he gave the reason "because the schedule is weak" and that is not true.

Last year, the Texans played 8 games against playoff teams.

This yeat, they will play at least 7 games.
It could be 8 games, but since the Texans will probably take away the chance for another team; the number of teams is decreased.

Now, if the Colts somehow manage to sneak in or the AFC North somehow put 3 teams into the playoffs, that number would rise.

So, no, I don't think the schedule this year is weaker than last.

That was not what he said.
He said that with average QB play, the Texans should win at least 10 games this season.

Average is the last thing CJ Stroud is.
Whatever.

I thought this board would be more enjoyable when the Texans started winning again but with the (unchecked) talk about dog whistles and racism, people taking things so literal, people arguing semantics, and people being defensive by someone presenting facts (the Cardinals aren't a good team by any meaningful measurement, I don't care what anyone says, and the Texans played down to the competition...again) it's gotten more annoying.

It's actually a good position for the Texans to be in, playing down to the level of their opponents hasn't been possible in awhile. And then finding a way to hang on? I thought that was a compliment. How wrong I was. Thou shalt not say anything even remotely critical about the Texans. So ******* annoying.

Back