Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texian Mocks and Draft

I can live with it.

What role do you think M.Corral will play on the team in 2023?
I think Corral is a prototypical WCO QB. This would probably have to be a 2024 draft pick in order for Corral to pass a physical. All I tell you is in 2021 I watched Ole Miss win 10 games. They would not have won 6 if Corral had not been the QB.

Last edited:
Texian's Top 30 Draft Board.
1. Nolan Smith
2. Jalen Carter
3. Will Anderson
4. Bryce Young
5. Devon Witherspoon
6. Christian Gonzalez
7. Peter Skoronski
8. Joey Porter Jr.
9. Calijah Kancey
10. Jaxon Smith-Njigba
11. Brian Branch
12. Deonte Banks
13. Darnel Wright
14. Anton Harrison
15. Emanuel Forbes
16. Lukas Van Ness
17. Felix Undike-Uzomah
18. Bijan Robinson
19. Mazi Smith
20. Drew Sanders
21. Jack Campbell
22. Jahmyr Gibbs
23. Sam Laporta
24. Steve Avila
25. Tyrique Stevenson
26. DJ Turner
27. Kelee Ringo
28. Darnel Washington
29. Cody Mauch
30. Hendon Hooker

So, my pre-draft strategy is if you get an offer that includes (2) future 1st RD picks, you take it. We will know if this was possible if Arizona makes that trade.

I’m surprised you opt for carter at 1.2 considering everything that has happened during the combine/pro day
Even with his misdemeanors, he can still be the #1 DT in the league and Stroud has a much bigger bust potential.

I don’t know man, all the talent in the world won’t matter if your work ethic is abysmal. Going to the eagles is the probably the best destination to bring out the best in him

I think Corral is a prototypical WCO QB. This would probably have to be a 2024 draft pick in order for Corral to pass a physical. All I tell you is in 2021 I watched Ole Miss win 10 games. They would not have won 6 if Corral had not been the QB.
Corrall is trash bro

Wow! Just Wow! Across the global Internet the Eagles far and away had the best draft. The Eagles and Texian's Houston draft went Jalen Carter, Nolan Smith Jr. and Kelee Ringo. And Texian's Houston draft did not have to give up a 2024 1st RD pick. BOOM!

From your original Texan mock, you either picked them way ahead of where they were actually taken or you would’ve missed out on completely (Devon, smith and rice)
The original was a pff mock with a trade. My actual draft was done in real time when Texans were on the clock. Read the thread and time stamp.

Wow! Just Wow! Across the global Internet the Eagles far and away had the best draft. The Eagles and Texian's Houston draft went Jalen Carter, Nolan Smith Jr. and Kelee Ringo. And Texian's Houston draft did not have to give up a 2024 1st RD pick. BOOM!
That's because evryone think Ringo and Smith Jr will translate athletically. Nobody knows because Ringo didn't play to his speed and Smith even when healthy wasn't productive. Carter can be one of the top players or he can be the guy getting put on his back and getting his helmet knocked off. That's why they play the games.

Reactions: JB
1. Nolan Smith
2. Jalen Carter
3. Will Anderson
4. Bryce Young
5. Devon Witherspoon
6. Christian Gonzalez
7. Peter Skoronski
8. Joey Porter Jr.
9. Calijah Kancey
10. Jaxon Smith-Njigba
11. Brian Branch
12. Deonte Banks
13. Darnel Wright
14. Anton Harrison
15. Emanuel Forbes
16. Lukas Van Ness
17. Felix Undike-Uzomah
18. Bijan Robinson
19. Mazi Smith
20. Drew Sanders
21. Jack Campbell
22. Jahmyr Gibbs
23. Sam Laporta
24. Steve Avila
25. Tyrique Stevenson
26. DJ Turner
27. Kelee Ringo
28. Darnel Washington
29. Cody Mauch
30. Hendon Hooker
How many of your top 30 were within 10 spots of their actually draft position?

1. Nolan Smith
2. Jalen Carter
3. Will Anderson
4. Bryce Young
5. Devon Witherspoon
6. Christian Gonzalez
7. Peter Skoronski
8. Joey Porter Jr.
9. Calijah Kancey
10. Jaxon Smith-Njigba
11. Brian Branch
12. Deonte Banks
13. Darnel Wright
14. Anton Harrison
15. Emanuel Forbes
16. Lukas Van Ness
17. Felix Undike-Uzomah
18. Bijan Robinson
19. Mazi Smith
20. Drew Sanders
21. Jack Campbell
22. Jahmyr Gibbs
23. Sam Laporta
24. Steve Avila
25. Tyrique Stevenson
26. DJ Turner
27. Kelee Ringo
28. Darnel Washington
29. Cody Mauch
30. Hendon Hooker
I see you forgot to put Cal's shiny new toy on your list.

How many of your top 30 were within 10 spots of their actually draft position?
Everybody ranks players differently.

Just because a guy isn't drafted in the 1st rd doesn't mean he isn't a 1st rd talent.

Look at the Chiefs ol with Humphrey and Smith as examples. I had Schmitz and Mauch as 1st rd talents. They're going to be quality starters for a long time if healthy. IMHO

Corrall is trash bro
I like Corral. The problem is he had a very serious Lisfranc injury and isn't supposed to be ready until Traning Camp if then. If the Texans hadn't taken a QB, I would have given up a 5th or 6th for him and rolled with him, Mills, Keenum knowing the plan was to draft a QB next year if Corral either couldn't play or sucked.

I like this better than the Texans draft. You would have had two 1sts to get your QB next yr. Now they gave up what's probably going to be a top 10 pick, maybe even a top 5 pick in the 2024 draft. Impatientence leads to mistakes.

That's because evryone think Ringo and Smith Jr will translate athletically. Nobody knows because Ringo didn't play to his speed and Smith even when healthy wasn't productive. Carter can be one of the top players or he can be the guy getting put on his back and getting his helmet knocked off. That's why they play the games.
I'm guessing you don't like Rossman's draft?

The successful reconstruction of the Georgia defense is still to be determined. The Dawg defenders from last year barely played (Jordan Davis 26% of defensive snaps, Nakobi Dean 3% of defensive snaps). There are legit reasons why this year's Georgia defenders dropped to Philly. I can see why some like what Roseman has done. The Texans have done something similar with Bama's defense (Anderson, To'oTo'o, Harris) on a smaller scale. TBD if these guys can mesh in the NFL as they did in college.

The successful reconstruction of the Georgia defense is still to be determined. The Dawg defenders from last year barely played (Jordan Davis 26% of defensive snaps, Nakobi Dean 3% of defensive snaps). There are legit reasons why this year's Georgia defenders dropped to Philly. I can see why some like what Roseman has done. The Texans have done something similar with Bama's defense (Anderson, To'oTo'o, Harris) on a smaller scale. TBD if these guys can mesh in the NFL as they did in college.
I feel pretty confident they will do well.

Ringo probably needs to play safety.

I never grade drafts. You know I wasn't a big fan of Carter. Didn't see the production or dominance, but we will see. Ringo doesn't play anywhere close to his measurements and we will see about Smith who I think is a 3-4 / situational rusher. He could be like the old Michigan St olb, Peterson iirc. All in all, they've gotten younger in the places they needed.

My guess is the Texans wind up a 6-8 win team and the Browns a 8-9 (maybe 10) win team b/c they’re the Browns and they’ll probably find a way to shoot themselves in the foot. I don’t think the divide is going to be that great between picks.

The biggest equalizer in the trade would be CJ Anderson Jr performing up to the level of the trade.

Everybody ranks players differently.

Just because a guy isn't drafted in the 1st rd doesn't mean he isn't a 1st rd talent.

Look at the Chiefs ol with Humphrey and Smith as examples. I had Schmitz and Mauch as 1st rd talents. They're going to be quality starters for a long time if healthy. IMHO
My draft went Carter, Smith Mauch, Ringo, Wypler

Please expound on this post.
My bad on calling him trash. Anyone who can get drafted is an exceptional player by regular people standards. In regards to Matt Corrall, would you say based on his recent tweet that he's immature? I mean Willis got drafted in the 3rd rd also and the Titans came back and drafted Richardson and not a tweet or word said.

I never grade drafts. You know I wasn't a big fan of Carter. Didn't see the production or dominance, but we will see. Ringo doesn't play anywhere close to his measurements and we will see about Smith who I think is a 3-4 / situational rusher. He could be like the old Michigan St olb, Peterson iirc. All in all, they've gotten younger in the places they needed.
I don't grade drafts either. Except here I might give my opinion. Truth is it usually takes 3 years to know what you have drafted. This is why posters calling Stingley and Green busts are wrong. It's not like these guys don't have the ability to improve.

The Georgia guys certainly have the ability to be star level players.

I don't grade drafts either. Except here I might give my opinion. Truth is it usually takes 3 years to know what you have drafted. This is why posters calling Stingley and Green busts are wrong. It's not like these guys don't have the ability to improve.

The Georgia guys certainly have the ability to be star level players.
Who has been the best defender drafted under Kirby Smart at Georgia?
I never called Stingley or Green a bust. I think Green is going to be good, Stingley is always going to be an injury concern imo

Who has been the best defender drafted under Kirby Smart at Georgia?
I never called Stingley or Green a bust. I think Green is going to be good, Stingley is always going to be an injury concern imo

I didn't mean you and I wasn't clear. (Apologize) I think Green is going to be really good. This will solve a lot of problems on the OL.

I'm going with Roquan Smith as the best defender on a Smart defense.

Moot until we reassess them after a couple of seasons.

I like this better than the Texans draft. You would have had two 1sts to get your QB next yr. Now they gave up what's probably going to be a top 10 pick, maybe even a top 5 pick in the 2024 draft. Impatientence leads to mistakes.
A year is a long time in the business world.

Back