Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

West Orange Stark QB Has Siezure / Dies

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
(Sept. 18) – "A Texas high school's star quarterback died after collapsing on the field Friday night.

Reggie Garrett was a senior and straight-A student at West Orange Stark High School in eastern Texas. His family said he had a history of seizures.

Garrett jogged to the sidelines after throwing his second touchdown pass with nine minutes left in the game's second quarter. The team's medic rushed to him as he collapsed, and he was loaded into an ambulance as the game continued. He was pronounced dead at a local hospital around 9:30 p.m. local time. An autopsy is planned. "

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl1|sec1_lnk3|171377

Parents have to be devastated.

RIP Reggie

R.I.P. It sucks to loose such a young person to a heart attack. Had offers from UH, Texas Tech, and Iowa St. and was a talented quarterback.

You hear this happening a lot lately. I wonder if there should be a change in the ways physicals are done. Maybe a heart scan or monitor? Not sure if that would raise the cost or what. My son will be doing his 1st real physical for sports next year in middle school so I'm thinking I should ask.

RIP

That is a tight knit community. I hope coach Hooks and the community can help Reggie's family get through these unimaginably trying times.

Such a tragedy. RIP young man! Prayers sent for your family.

Man the day before this happened I was reading another story about a young man who had died while playing football because of heart problems...Then yesterday I heard about this....

RIP to him, and I will pray for his family friends and teammates.

Back