Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Did a cameraman expose the Cowboys' draft board?

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Found this link on draftdaddy.com:

draftboardky0.jpg

A list of DB's. I can't make out all of it. Cromartie is at the top, followed by McKelvin. Phillips is 3rd, then Jenkins & Talib. Can't really read much else. This would be pretty crazy, if true.

This is fairly common with the Cowboys. I see stuff like this all the time with the media site that goes on dallascowboys.com. This has been up for a few days actually. Not only that but it was on their local newscast as per the logo in the middle of the screen. I had the video of it but it appears to have been removed from the website.

Just good ol' Bill Jones giving you the good stuff.

This is the list...

1. Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee State
2. Leodis McKelvin, Troy
3. Kenny Phillips, Miami
4. Mike Jenkins, South Florida
5. Aqib Talib, Kansas
6. Josh Barrett, Arizona State
7. Charles Godfrey, Iowa

That's hilarious! It could be anything at this point- not necessarily their draft board for DB's but it definitely looks like it. Could be sending out bad information on purpose- but that's doubtful. Anyways, good thing they pick behind us! This does give a little insight on what some teams may think, its interesting.

Most impressive thing to me is that the spelled Rodgers-Cromartie correctly.

I doubt the list offers anything that most do not already know. Cowboys need DB help. The order is what most would disagree on.

And don't forget, a little misinformation here and there...

I've planted a nugget or two of strategic misinformation within my industry before, to either throw competitors off the scent, or to trace leaks.

I'm just saying...

Doubt that is the actual "Draft board". Looks more like some of the coaches were having a skull session about DBs and how they would rank them. Looks pretty much how most of the world sees them also. In fact, that may have been the topic. "This is how most everyone sees the DBs ranked, do we agree?" type of session.

This is fairly common with the Cowboys. I see stuff like this all the time with the media site that goes on dallascowboys.com. This has been up for a few days actually. Not only that but it was on their local newscast as per the logo in the middle of the screen. I had the video of it but it appears to have been removed from the website.

Just good ol' Bill Jones giving you the good stuff.

This is the list...

1. Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee State
2. Leodis McKelvin, Troy
3. Kenny Phillips, Miami
4. Mike Jenkins, South Florida
5. Aqib Talib, Kansas
6. Josh Barrett, Arizona State
7. Charles Godfrey, Iowa

I don't see Cason on here. I see Cason on most of the Mock boards. I haven't heard great things about him on Sirrius radio though.

i think cason might have had poor workouts because he was ranked really high in rankings and mock drafts earlier but he is slipping now and I have even seen him mid-to-late second round

cowboysoops.jpg

Absolutely hilarious. How dumb can you be to let a news crew in, and leave the draft board up.

Doubt that is the actual "Draft board". Looks more like some of the coaches were having a skull session about DBs and how they would rank them. Looks pretty much how most of the world sees them also. In fact, that may have been the topic. "This is how most everyone sees the DBs ranked, do we agree?" type of session.

Don't insert logic into this discussion. It is much more intersting to call the Cowboys stupid and believe that names written on a dry erase board represent the final official draft board.

i think cason might have had poor workouts because he was ranked really high in rankings and mock drafts earlier but he is slipping now and I have even seen him mid-to-late second round

Cason actually had a good combine.

He is being affected by Leon Hall Syndrome. That's where a CB with very solid technique gets passed up by more "exciting" guys like Rodgers-Cromartie, McKelvin, Talib, Porter or guys like Flowers or King that are getting good hype right now.

Back