Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Nfldraftcountdown.com

If we are drafting that high then I would rather have the Tackle .. if he is indeed an elite one. And, if by some miracle Troy Smith falls to round 2 and we don't take him I will probably puke.

#1. We will not take Adrian Peterson. I would like him, but we wont take him.

#2. The Bucs taking Russell made me laugh.

#3. The CB's this year are just bleh... Not a single Pac-Man, Robinson, or Hall.

#4. Levi Brown at #20 is a great value in my book.

#5. Laron Landry @21 is a steal as well.

#6. Brohm shouldnt go in the 1st round.

Out of our first 3 picks, I want a Safety, Ouside linebacker, and Defensive Tackle.

I want a FA Corner.

#1. We will not take Adrian Peterson. I would like him, but we wont take him.

#2. The Bucs taking Russell made me laugh.

#3. The CB's this year are just bleh... Not a single Pac-Man, Robinson, or Hall.

#4. Levi Brown at #20 is a great value in my book.

#5. Laron Landry @21 is a steal as well.

#6. Brohm shouldnt go in the 1st round.

Out of our first 3 picks, I want a Safety, Ouside linebacker, and Defensive Tackle.

I want a FA Corner.

1. I agree

2. I chuckled a bit myself

3. Depending on which JR CB's declare, there could be 2-3 CB's that would be better than Daunta when drafted. Revis, Cason will be better than Daunta when he was drafted with Hall, Hughes, and McCauley as outside chances of being that good.

4. I don't think Levi Brown is a first round OT. I just see BUST written all over him.

5. Laron at 21 is about where he should go based on talent, he will probally go higher because of hype and overrating, but I feel Nelson will be the better pro.

6. Brohm should deffinitly go in the first round. He has everything you want in a QB and is a prototypical QB prospect with a big arm and good decision with a quick release who has plenty of college experience.

If we are drafting that high then I would rather have the Tackle .. if he is indeed an elite one. And, if by some miracle Troy Smith falls to round 2 and we don't take him I will probably puke.

Please stop this madness. Troy Smith will not be a first round qb. It wont be a mircale that he does the miracle will be more if he's taken in the 2nd round.

That mock has some HUGE reaches. I would not even bother with that one. Why would Jamarcus Russell go from a possible 2nd rounder to top 10. He is good but raw, I could see him somewhere in the 2nd half of the first round though but I don't know who would take him there, unless Miami continues to make another crazy run and Saban drafts him, but that also seems unlikely.

Please stop this madness. Troy Smith will not be a first round qb. It wont be a mircale that he does the miracle will be more if he's taken in the 2nd round.

I wouldn't be so sure...where is he projected? Everyone has a different opinon...once the combine and individual workouts start and he starts skyrocketing you will be changing your mind. He has everything...it is really about how he interviews with teams...I have seen an interview of him before...he seems quite mature.

We need to put Carr on a hot seat and drafting a guy like Troy Smith in the 2nd will definetly do that.
Just my thoughts: I do not mind drafting a QB but my projection is Kevin Kolb (U of H) in 4th. I understand he should be avail at our pick in that round. We need a left tackle in 1st and either a DT or corner in second. In third, we need to reverse what we picked in second. Kubes said he was ok with our safeties & I think another corner and the improvement we will see in Dline and LB will benefit the safeties next year.

We need to put Carr on a hot seat and drafting a guy like Troy Smith in the 2nd will definetly do that.

I wouldnt use a 2nd round pick on a QB just to put Carr on the hot seat.

We have way more pressing needs than back-up QB.

25 - 2 as a starter, very raw talent coming into college, matured as a passer, comes up big in big games (unlike Brady Quinn). Sound familiar? The other guy that fits that almost to a T got taken 3rd overall this year. Please point out the madness of it if you don't mind.

Smith is great college Athletic QB but he has no future in NFL as a QB. I see him playing more as a receiver then a QB.

Smith is great college Athletic QB but he has no future in NFL as a QB. I see him playing more as a receiver then a QB.

Substitute the word Young for the word Smith, and I would say it's deja vu all over again.

25 - 2 as a starter, very raw talent coming into college, matured as a passer, comes up big in big games. Sound familiar? The other guy that fits that almost to a T got taken 3rd overall this year. Please point out the madness of it if you don't mind.
Sounds like Craig Krenzel to me! Anyways, not sure if youve noticed, but our pass defense is the madness. I could name several other needs other than QB right now too if necessary.

Just my thoughts: I do not mind drafting a QB but my projection is Kevin Kolb (U of H) in 4th. I understand he should be avail at our pick in that round. We need a left tackle in 1st and either a DT or corner in second. In third, we need to reverse what we picked in second. Kubes said he was ok with our safeties & I think another corner and the improvement we will see in Dline and LB will benefit the safeties next year.

Kolb will not last past the second round. A lot of teams that have aging QBs or suspect QBs will draft a guy like Kolb in the second round.

As far as Smith goes, I am not sold on him because of his HT at only 6' he does not have the ideal size to be a QB, if he is drafted at QB it will be in the third or fourth round, as an Athlete he would go higher.

So Joe Thomas is projected to go 2? I don't think we'll be in position to pick him up if that is the case. I don't see us taking a running back. How good is that DT Branch? Is he worth taking?

So Joe Thomas is projected to go 2? I don't think we'll be in position to pick him up if that is the case. I don't see us taking a running back. How good is that DT Branch? Is he worth taking?

Don't worry about the draft position...

Just know that if Arizona finishes with a worst record than us we're not getting Joe Thomas....period....

I wouldn't mind drafting Adrian Peterson if he were to fall to us.

Frankly, i'd be content with any of those players in the first round except for Brady Quinn. I'd even rather have Jamarcus Russell.

If we were to get a QB in the first two rounds I say wait for Troy Smith in the second, and if he is gone take Kolb. If we are taking a QB that high though, that is probably going to mean we are going to be getting rid of Rosenfels or Carr...probably Carr.

I want us to go defense...our defense is really bad.

Kubiak most likely wont draft a RB or a OL very high in the first. My intuition says its going to be Branch/a CB/or FS. An interesting pick would be Johnson from Georgia Tech...

25 - 2 as a starter, very raw talent coming into college, matured as a passer, comes up big in big games (unlike Brady Quinn). Sound familiar? The other guy that fits that almost to a T got taken 3rd overall this year. Please point out the madness of it if you don't mind.

Please spare me his RECORD as a starter. Need I remind you of Ken Dorsey's record as a starter. Records mean you played with a GREAT TEAM.

Smith is a GENEROUS 6'. That alone knocks him out of the first. Though he is mobile nowhere near Young's.

In the OSU-Michigan game he had a great first half and was so-so in the second.

I'm not against the kid being a QB in the pro's but don't kid yourself into making him a first rounder.

If we are not going to get J. Thomas then my vote is for defense.

No LB's right now are grading into top 5 or even top 10 consideration.
So that leaves DL or DB. We all KNOW w/o a doubt we need secondary help.

I can't name another DT we have outside of TJ. I'd be all for Branch.

DL or DB that's how i see it at this point.

Gaines Adams would be an interesting pick. and then a Safety or good cornerback that slips into the second.

having him and mario for years would be kind of cool. weaver could move into dt.

I really believe we go defense in the 1st as well. on offense I only see j. thomas, a. peterson , or maybe m. lynch.

Defense has a lot more players for us to choose and a lot more positions that are needed with great players in the draft than just OL or RB. jmo

I think they will come up with a plan and should be a really interesting draft for us.

If Troy Smith has a big game against USC ( most likely team ) he'll be a first round pick . He's no smaller than Brees and Romo . Besides being 6'3 does'nt mean you won't have your passes batted down .

In response to several posts above: I would not draft QB for Texans before 4th as I see it as an insurance policy. I do not see Kolb going on first day but like others said we need too much else if he does. Weaver is supposedly to light for DT and was signed to play DE,so draft a DT. I do not think we can say Kubes will not draft Oline. He drafted Mario (DE) despite what most others thought so I think he will draft on need. LT is complete a ? mark now. A safety is rarely taken in first.

If Spencer is healthy and we end up with top 5 picks and not picking Thomas or AP then it will be wise to trade down couple of time and pick up as many draft picks as possible on day 1. If selecting some one in the range of 20 - 32 grants us few more two's or three's then I am all for it.

Address the need at FS, DT, CB, OLB first.

Pick up CB in the free agency. I really like to see us fix all the holes on defense which can be done through draft and free agency this off season. Next year see how Spencer performs, how how Carr performs and see if our running games improves or not before addressing those needs.

In 2008 we may have to address QB needs, OL needs and RB if our current players don't improve between now and then.

Well they are playing thisw weekend, judge for yourself. You know me , you know last year, I was very Hot for Fergeson. This guy coulod be better. Watch his feet, and his head when you look at him. He is light years ahead of what is normally on the boards. He is our starting LT or LG the moment they select him. No one in the league, much less the division will beat him on a speed rush. He's good. My book has him the second best prospect behind Calvin Johnson.

If Spencer is healthy and we end up with top 5 picks and not picking Thomas or AP then it will be wise to trade down couple of time and pick up as many draft picks as possible on day 1. If selecting some one in the range of 20 - 32 grants us few more two's or three's then I am all for it.

Address the need at FS, DT, CB, OLB first.

Pick up CB in the free agency. I really like to see us fix all the holes on defense which can be done through draft and free agency this off season. Next year see how Spencer performs, how how Carr performs and see if our running games improves or not before addressing those needs.

In 2008 we may have to address QB needs, OL needs and RB if our current players don't improve between now and then.

Go back and read the conversation Kubes had last monday on sports610. He ain't goin to be ready. This is pie -in-the-sky wishful thinking. You do anything other than draft line in the first round you're damning the club to another top ten draft for '08. How many guys do you have to IR chicken little to understand that the sky has fallen ?

You're my new best friend. How many full injury free seasons in how many years ? Some people are seing Earl. I see "oh no, it's Mr. Bill" . Instead of a number we could issue the guy the purple heart symbol. He's a great Athlete no doubt. Instead of watching games we could have a new soap, which bo bo on All Day hurts worst this week ? Mr McNair could offer lines on which body part wound be contusioned next. If the offensive line was intack, if we had the bodies on defense, if we were close to catching the Colts and Manning, I could see rolling the dice on the guy with this draft. But we're not. We've got far too many holes for this peg. I could live with several scenareos with the '07 draft. All Day is not one of them. He is the odd duck in this pond.

Kubiak most likely wont draft a RB or a OL very high in the first. My intuition says its going to be Branch/a CB/or FS. An interesting pick would be Johnson from Georgia Tech...

I agree. In normal circumstance he would not take the o-line early. But this year has been anything but normal with the o-line injuries. He's got to have the play action pass. With out that, befor they snap one snap of the football, they are doomed for '07. He can live without a lot of stuff. But a tight end and the play action pass aren't two of them. In this offense, he's got to have the p-a-p. They may gamble on someone late day one. My book says a lot of people are going to be screaming and howling over our first round pick come end of april. He's gotta have the line.

QB isn't a need position and we are stuck with Carr. I think Kolb has good value in the 4th if he lasts that long. We need to address the offensive line! Forget running back! We have to be able to create running lanes and protect the quarterback first.

QB isn't a need position and we are stuck with Carr. I think Kolb has good value in the 4th if he lasts that long. We need to address the offensive line! Forget running back! We have to be able to create running lanes and protect the quarterback first.

have not been able to make a Couger game this year but I remember last year against Oregon Kolb looked better than Kellen Clemens who the Jets traded up into the 2nd rd. to draft :phone:

I wouldn't be so sure...where is he projected? Everyone has a different opinon...once the combine and individual workouts start and he starts skyrocketing you will be changing your mind. He has everything...it is really about how he interviews with teams...I have seen an interview of him before...he seems quite mature.

He won't be drafted too high simply because of his height. He is only 5'11"

if griffin lasts to #32, I'd expect us to move up a couple of spots to get him.. and I might be in the minority, but I would love to have peterson.(depending on DD's status and how severe Spencers injury is)

But overall, I'd love to go defense on all rounds

if griffin lasts to #32, I'd expect us to move up a couple of spots to get him.. and I might be in the minority, but I would love to have peterson.(depending on DD's status and how severe Spencers injury is)

I'm pretty much in the same mindset you are. If Peterson is there...I would take him. I wouldn't go after him (Trade up) but if he falls to us I would take him. But overall I want mostly defensive selections...obviously in the secondary (ATLEAST 1 safety), a linebacker or two, and maybe some defensive line depth.

Sounds like Craig Krenzel to me! Anyways, not sure if youve noticed, but our pass defense is the madness. I could name several other needs other than QB right now too if necessary.

Have to agree, we have way bigger problems to draft a QB on day 1. Plus the $8M bonus Carr got in February says he get one more year to improve.

My order of things that are broken: DT, FS, CB2,Sam LB, Will LB,OG,OC, LT?, Punter, PK, then you can start adding depth. Our QB backups right now look pretty good right now, so wait another year before ringing that bell makes the most sense.

Sure there is....Leon Hall isn't exactly like those guys...he is not as small and as quick...but he is a great corner. Daymeion Hughes is just like those guys.

And I think that's the point he's ting to make. You take guys high in a weak class you end up with P-burnt on the roster....starting...for a while. I've seen some nice DBs this season. And I'm not going to lol "puke" if we take Landry...but I see the South Carolina guy or Terrel Brown for Texas getting pushed up the boards...tells me this is a weak class for DBs. A lot of us our worried picking them early out of need instead of where historically there tallent dictates they should be picked...we're reaching. And reaching never works out. We're just saying "Danger Will Robinson".

Just really worried over his inury history. See the guys coming on the board in future drafts...I can wait. TBS...the franchise needs a banger with DD down. I hate the directrion, but I'm not going to burn my Texan's stuff if we take the guy. He's got the size and speed...just gets dinged an awefull lot for a "stud".

I'm with ya after the LOT, if the went d with the rest of the picks you'll hear no howling from me. I'm not as high as you are on the Texas DBs this year.

Back