Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans New Uniforms will debut at Draft.

Thats why I dont consider a little "H town blue" to be trying to be the Oilers. Its one thing to nod at the past, its another to try and emulate it.

Don't forget where you come from, just don't walk backwards, it's no way to move forward.
Due her pettiness she has caused a great spike in sales, I think people actually like the accent of blue with the uniform more so than a primary color, which is what it was going to be.

Thought I'd share a funny story. For my Dad's Christmas present, I decided to get him a 'replica' Stroud jersey. But when it was time to go to the store, I had come down with a nasty case of RSV so I sent my wife to the store with some instructions. She gets back with the jersey and says she was surprised by the price, and that they had led her to jerseys that were each in a glass case. I immediately new what had happened, but figured I owed my Dad so we kept the 'real' deal and I gave it to him. I'm actually glad that the uniform's changed as that makes his jersey a true rookie jersey from here on out.

Sure he’s fine. Dude gets a bad rap amongst fans b/c of 1 story told by Sage Rosefels of all people, but for all we know, this has probably been what he’s been wanting to do for a while with the team..he just couldn’t implement it…1st b/c of his father and how his dad wanted things done, and then for a brief stint his mom before her health issues…his image amongst fans is that of a hands off, dithering idiot who sits in the press box & he couldn’t change that as that's been in the making for 20+ years…he just didn’t have the tools to be able to change his image in the eyes of fans…so he and mama McNair finally agreed she needed to step back and that gave Cal the opportunity to bring Hannah in the fold and use her talents to rehab his and the teams’ image.

Make no mistake tho that none of this matters if they don’t hit on CJ and Will Anderson in the draft and this team wasn’t poised for a run. Had that not happened and we still sucked, this whole effort along with this uniform reveal campaign comes off as corny and more of a cash grab than it already is. And in that regard Hannah would just look like an old ass cheerleader “standing by her man” as opposed to this fierce champion of the city of Houston like she appears now. Don’t believe me? The Panthers’ owners wife has been alot like Hannah since her husband bought the team , but b/c they Bryce Young and the Panthers have stunk it up while CJ has been down here tearing it up, She more than anyone has been blamed for them screwing that pick up.
Cal earned a bad rap, and not just for one story.

Dude hired Jack Easterby and gave him too much power, made Bill O'Brien GM, fired O'Brien four games into the next season, hired Culley for a year, and hired Lovie Smith for one season.

Those are clear signs of crappy ownership.

Fortunately he married up and had the brains to trust her instincts.

But he earned the bad rap that he's slowly digging out of now with her help.

Dude hired Jack Easterby and gave him too much power, made Bill O'Brien GM, fired O'Brien four games into the next season, hired Culley for a year, and hired Lovie Smith for one season.

And it's been reported that Cal had an alcohol problem and is in recovery. So, he had to his stuff together, all the while dealing with his father's death and his new responsibilities. Cal is now in a better place and, uncoincidentally, so are the Texans.

I like to think Cal was drunk during most of those decisions.

Ehh, u and I have butted heads & disagreed over that time period in previous threads over the years. All I’m going to say is that you could argue that the Texans’ persistence in pursuing Nick Caserio for years before he actually landed here was the single most important decision the franchise made to get us to where we are now. Everything we are now comes off of that decision As he has been masterful in both handling the cap, getting us out of the DW4 fiasco in a winning way and setting us up in the draft and FA. to And whether fans wanna acknowledge that or not, that’s THE feather in Cal’s cap as he……. and to a lesser extent Easterby were central in getting him here…..That’s just a fact.

& No matter how simple fans and the media here wanna make it out to be, the reality is no serious candidate for HC was gonna take this job as long as the DW4 thing was unresolved…that’s how a guy like Culley and later Smith wind up with the HC gig here…& Hannah was apart of those decisions…where was all this championing of her then?

Things are just never as simple as fans think they are. Cal like all owners made some mistakes, but IMO the other things going on out of his control were much more damaging and the cause for why this team spun outta control for those few years.

All I’m going to say is that you could argue that the Texans’ persistence in pursuing Nick Caserio for years before he actually landed here was the single most important decision the franchise made to get us to where we are now. Everything we are now comes off of that decision
I'm going to say it was the DeMeco hiring. And I credit DeMeco with wanting to be here. "This is my dream job. Let's find a way to make this happen." Since then, nothing but good karma. No energy vampires. All gas. No brakes.

I'm going to say it was the DeMeco hiring. And I credit DeMeco with wanting to be here. "This is my dream job. Let's find a way to make this happen." Since then, nothing but good karma. No energy vampires. All gas. No brakes.
lol at “energy vampires”…kinda checked out on that show after season 2, need to get back on it.

And u can say that about Demeco, but if it was his dream job in 2023, it was his dream job in 2021 and 2022 as well. And I’m pretty damn sure if he’d expressed interest in those years, Cal and NC would’ve hired him over Culley and Smith then. Bottom line is he like a lot of the top candidates wanted nothing to do with this franchise as long as the DW4 thing was unresolved. Only after that were the Texans going to be seriously considered by the top candidates.

Last edited:
Getting rid of all the toxic waste, starting with O’Brien, Easterby and Watson helped this franchise out tremendously. I credit Quick Nick for keeping Cal at bay ( kept him out the media while he clean up all the crap. And for staying patient and getting the very best out of that Watson situation. That’s including waiting to pull the trigger on the right head coach.
I see why New England blocked us for the longest from getting him.

Anything with the H Town blue logo hit Academy yet?
Not yet. I went there the other day just to see for myself. The one off of 290 and 34th hardly had any Texans apparel. Might have changed but I think large quantities of merchandise should hit by the end of the month. Nothing on their website shows the H just yet.

Back