Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans New Uniforms will debut at Draft.

its all about art.steel blue had to be darkened to neutralize its tone to meld with the red tone. Any color can mix with any other as long as the TONE is satisfied. TONE TONE TONE!!!

This dark shade of blue was the original choice when the team branding was conceptualized in 2001. The blue was lightened up because of Nike or something. I prefer the darker shade because 1) it was the team founder's choice, and 2) the lighter shade of blue made the color combo more generic. Now it's a little more unique, and as you said it does pair better with the red.

The new uniforms look fine to me. The Texans Uniform Drama isn't going to win any academy awards though. Except for the helmets, we've already seen it all.
Have you seen the movies that win academy awards these days? The "Texans Uniform Drama" could easily win best picture.

I don't hate them and like a couple.. I'll see how they grow on me. I've always been a fan of the red, so that one is my favorite.

Last edited:
Have you seen the movies that win academy awards these days? The "Texans Uniform Drama" could easily win best picture.

I don't hate them and like a couple.. I'll see how they grow on me. I've always been a fan of the red, so that one is my favorite.

I'm not a big fan of the popsicle stick uniforms, but that new alternate helmet worn with them helps. I like all three of the helmets.

The whole pomp and circumstance surrounding this uniform unveiling is starting to feel like (to me) the letterman jackets. A whole lot of back patting and strutting around without much team historic success to back it up. I hope they have a fantastic season with all the buildup.
This isn't a team thing. Every team holds these fashion shows when they unveil their new unis.The NFL probably has a seminar on this at the owners meetings.

I wouldn't worry about this being a letter jacket incident.. They used to have the upper hand (almost on Colt levels), but not since Kieth Bullock called the Texans "their little brothers" and Dre whooped Innegan's ass.

The Titans aren't the Patriots, They are the Oilers/Titans.

Last edited:
I cannot stop looking at the Tough Bull red helmet. It's intimidating and cool. If that were paired with the alternate blue jersey, you'd have a perfect uniform.

Here you go..

maybe-not-this-season-but-in-a-year-or-two-id-like-to-see-v0-nqn2faukocwc1.jpeg

The whole pomp and circumstance surrounding this uniform unveiling is starting to feel like (to me) the letterman jackets. A whole lot of back patting and strutting around without much team historic success to back it up. I hope they have a fantastic season with all the buildup.
I'd agree if this was going on during the middle of the season when the team is on a little winning streak and getting ahead of themselves, but we're pretty much locked in the doldrums of the offseason right now. This deep into the trenches of the offseason is exactly when this should be happening. Let them and the fans get excited for a new season - Let them get some juice for the grind of OTAs, minicamps, and preseason.

Can you imagine having the that uniform unveiling party, but have Bryce Young as QB coming off of Carolina’s dismal season performance of 2-15 and trading away the number one pick?

I like everything. New colors and styles are fun. But I will miss the Battle Red. I thought it was the best red of any football, by far.

Last edited:
The uniforms are dark and bright…..very bright in the Reds. I believe they’ll grow on me, but I was hoping they wouldn’t allow NIKE to make them too gimmicky. A traditional look that ages like the Packers, Raiders, Cowboys, Bears, etc uniforms.

Shiny new uniforms for the shiny new DeMeco Texans. :)

Between CJ Stroud and the uniforms I doubt I'll be falling asleep during the Texans games now. I'll have to get caught up on all my sleep watching the Gamblers. Er...I mean the Roughnecks.

The uniforms are dark and bright…..very bright in the Reds. I believe they’ll grow on me, but I was hoping they wouldn’t allow NIKE to make them too gimmicky. A traditional look that ages like the Packers, Raiders, Cowboys, Bears, etc uniforms.
After attending the party last night and witnessing folks grab 5-6 jerseys at a time until the Texans’ employees had to start restricting to 2 per family, these jerseys are actually really nice. You will love the battle red and the home jersey is essentially Black. It’s very nice. The Htown one grew on me quickly.

My thoughts too. The home and away are fine though and those will be the uniforms worn the most.

The H-Town colour rush with the new helmet is a neat idea, but there is something about that red colour, is it a bit garish?

There’s a red cap with the blue H on it that is sweet. Got it last night, the red makes the H glow. Also I’m going to get this one from fanatics.

View attachment 14054

That's tuff :texflag:

I'd just be worried about keeping it clean.
I didn't really care for the H at first, but I like that it's unique in the NFL world and I imagine that if the team is actually good it could become more popular than the main logo itself as far as gear sales.

If you all have a minute, take a listen.

Cliff notes:

- The NFL designed the uniforms and sent them to the Texans, this includes an Htown blue uniform where the primary color was the Colombia blue

-Amy Adams Strunk threw a giant b*tch fit to Roger Goodell personally and convinced him to not let the Texans use any of the blue at all

- A compromise was reached, however this blue may be expanded into the uniform as the NFL sees how well it sells and no longer pays attention to Adams.

This is just something that crossed my mind earlier today. So, there's all this desire for Columbia Blue/H-Town Blue and now they're supposedly two different colors (and clearly the H-Town version is a touch darker than the "baby blue" the Oilers sported.) I'm over wanting the light blue anywhere near the team I am rooting for (That Titans in Oilers gear stunt last season did wonders for me) I was thinking "If the colors are different and Cal/Hannah wanted to use it then they should have just made the alternates H-Town blue with red and white accents. NFL teams wear colors that are also worn by other NFL teams all the time. Maybe they're a shade different in one direction or the other but you don't see Arizona suing Kansas City over the color red. I'd rather the Texans have merged their original look with H-Town blue and told Amy to stick it if she had a problem with them. They're not calling themselves "Oilers”or using her precious "Columbia Blue" so what's the problem? I'd have rather seen Cal nut up and get legal involved on that one. Make it a shade darker and tell Amy to go to hell.

Cliff notes:

- The NFL designed the uniforms and sent them to the Texans, this includes an Htown blue uniform where the primary color was the Colombia blue

-Amy Adams Strunk threw a giant b*tch fit to Roger Goodell personally and convinced him to not let the Texans use any of the blue at all

- A compromise was reached, however this blue may be expanded into the uniform as the NFL sees how well it sells and no longer pays attention to Adams.

It’s really stupid on Adams’ part b/c the color isn’t at all something that’s exclusive.
All hail the NFL's coolest jersey: Chargers embrace powder blues ...
All hail the NFL's coolest jersey: Chargers embrace powder blues ...

Whether it’s “Columbia” blue, “Powder” blue or “H-town” blue, it’s largely the same shade of blue. She should just let the **** go. It’s the last of a petty grievance held by a long dead and loathed person here in Houston. Doesn’t matter that they own the rights, People will not think of the Tennessee Titans when they see that clip of Earl Campbell bulldozing that Rams guy….or of him streaking down the sideline in that Monday night game. Just like that signature color annd those uniforms, it is and forever will be linked to Houston.

I actually like the unis more today than I did yesterday...

Team is going to look great on the field next year, especially if they're winning.
Same. I didn't hate them yesterday, I was a little cool on all of them but starting to warm up. And since this is the "doldrums" of the offseason (which I disagree with as the Texans rolled these out two days before the draft), it's worth talking about both the good and the bad.

The red uniforms hurt my eyes. I'm wondering how they'll look on a green field. I might like them more against the green, I don't think I'll like them less. The dark blue's are my second least favorite, I don't like the helmet. And again that neon red... The white uniforms remind me of the Bears, which isn't a bad thing. "Modern meets tradition" are my favorites.

On the other side of things, I hate the Broncos uniforms, always have, always will.

There’s a red cap with the blue H on it that is sweet. Got it last night, the red makes the H glow. Also I’m going to get this one from fanatics.

View attachment 14054
Regardless of what I think about the H logo, the McNair's will add to their fortune with it. They're going to be everywhere in and around Houston.

What was the saying, the Texans are a marketing organization with a football program attached, or something like that? They've always been a pretty strong marketing franchise. They're good at it. If they're as good at playing football (and the arrow is pointing up) as they are at marketing, they should be the 2024/2025 super bowl champs.

Cliff notes:

The NFL will see how many jerseys the Texans sell vs the Titans. Then they will say “Hey we make more money over here with the Texans. Let’s make more. Texans- change up the uniform a little more.”

Then after that version sales better than the Titans the NFL will say “can we do it again?”

Especially because Stroud will be one of the best selling jerseys this year. Maybe top 3.

The Titans won the first battle but will not win the war.

It’s really stupid on Adams’ part b/c the color isn’t at all something that’s exclusive.
All hail the NFL's coolest jersey: Chargers embrace powder blues ...'s coolest jersey: Chargers embrace powder blues ...
All hail the NFL's coolest jersey: Chargers embrace powder blues ...'s coolest jersey: Chargers embrace powder blues ...

Whether it’s “Columbia” blue, “Powder” blue or “H-town” blue, it’s largely the same shade of blue. She should just let the **** go. It’s the last of a petty grievance held by a long dead and loathed person here in Houston. Doesn’t matter that they own the rights, People will not think of the Tennessee Titans when they see that clip of Earl Campbell bulldozing that Rams guy….or of him streaking down the sideline in that Monday night game. Just like that signature color annd those uniforms, it is and forever will be linked to Houston.
IMO she is doing us a huge favor. Our uniforms are awesome. Injecting levels of Tennessee leisure suit blue would pollute them. Seems it’s more of a ***** fight than a sober look at our new identity.

Back