Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans random thought of the day

Not sure if you still need PSL's for season tickets, but I should have done what I wanted to do. Buy a PSL on the cheap (or take off someone's hands for free) a couple of years ago... Oh, well. My couch is cheaper, and I'm 1000 miles away anyway

Tunsil at 71 and Hunter at 68 so far with 60 players to go… Who else do you predict will make the top 100 from the Texans?

I think Stroud, Stingley, Diggs and Nico. Anderson gets snubbed and that motivates him to destroy.

I would've thought the NFL sack leader would've been much higher on the list. Stroud will be on the list somewhere, WA should be too. If not you can bet this will be motivational.

Can't wait.

Also can't wait to mute the sound of those local yahoos from channel 13 calling the plays. :lol:

LOL, I still can't believe that Charles 'Close-Talker' Spencer is moving up in the league into real games, and he's even on Madden.

Dang! I just began the copyright process and ordered 1 million shirts and jerseys.

Buy one shirt or Jersey and get one bag of potato chips free.
😉
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll end up like the rest.. clothing 3rd world children 😆

And what happened to meatbear and his cousin? You think they would be on here since we play his bears hof weekend.

50% chance of showers in Canton Thursday both day and night. Field may be a bit sloppy. If so, id expect to see zero starters and that includes Lassiter. Expect entirely backups, udfa’s, lower end rookies, and a lot of bad football! But it’s still football so I’ll be watching! Sometimes you see a couple of guys emerge from the pile. I am most interested in the RB’s to see if one or more can break through and have a moment. Jordan has a shot at the final 53 imho…but that may change. So there’s still reasons to watch.

50% chance of showers in Canton Thursday both day and night. Field may be a bit sloppy. If so, id expect to see zero starters and that includes Lassiter. Expect entirely backups, udfa’s, lower end rookies, and a lot of bad football! But it’s still football so I’ll be watching! Sometimes you see a couple of guys emerge from the pile. I am most interested in the RB’s to see if one or more can break through and have a moment. Jordan has a shot at the final 53 imho…but that may change. So there’s still reasons to watch.
I agree with you. Especially because they play Chicago in the regular season home opener. They will not want to show their cards too soon.

50% chance of showers in Canton Thursday both day and night. Field may be a bit sloppy. If so, id expect to see zero starters and that includes Lassiter.
I expect all rookies that are healthy to play. Even Lassiter and Fisher. We're likely see Davis Mills for a quarter and a lot of Tim Boyle. I predict Johnny Johnson and Jawhar Jordan to be the stars of the game. And Ben Skowronek to have a special teams tackle and a reception.

I expect all rookies that are healthy to play. Even Lassiter and Fisher. We're likely see Davis Mills for a quarter and a lot of Tim Boyle. I predict Johnny Johnson and Jawhar Jordan to be the stars of the game. And Ben Skowronek to have a special teams tackle and a reception.
Why Johnny Johnson? I really can’t find anything about this guy. I do know that he is one of Jon Harris’s favorite players but he never says why. Is he the best of the second tier receivers? Real mystery to me but now he is one I’ll be watching.

It is. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium.
th

Why Johnny Johnson? I really can’t find anything about this guy.
One, I think Johnson gets plenty of snaps and targets. Two, I've heard he's having a good camp. Good enough to make the Texans final roster? Not likely. But he might make another NFL roster.

DeMeco Ryans: Andre Johnson becoming a Hall of Famer means everything to our organization
By Myles Simmons

Published July 30, 2024 11:22 AM

From 2006 to 2011, linebacker DeMeco Ryans and receiver Andre Johnson were teammates on the Texans.

Now head coach Ryans will lead Houston in the Hall of Fame game this week as Johnson becomes enshrined in Canton.
In his Monday press conference, Ryans said that Johnson going into the Hall of Fame “means everything to our organization.”

“Every person that’s worked in this organization, every player who’s strapped it up and put on that Texans jersey, Andre is representing everyone,” Ryan said. “And there’s no better guy than Andre to be the first Houston Texan going in as a Hall of Famer. Definitely deserving of it.

“He’s always been the best player in any field that he’s stepped on and he has been a great man in the community, great leader as well. So, Andre is –we’re happy to be there to support Andre and wouldn’t want to do it for any other guy.”

The No. 3 overall pick of the 2003 draft, Johnson spent 12 seasons with the Texans, leaving a clear legacy as one of the best players in the young history of the franchise. He twice led the league in receptions and receiving yards, becoming a two-time, first-team All-Pro and a seven-time Pro Bowler.

He ended his Texans tenure with 1,012 receptions for 13,597 yards with 64 touchdowns. After spending his last two seasons with the Colts and Titans, Johnson finished his career with 1,062 receptions for 14,185 yards with 70 TDs.

One, I think Johnson gets plenty of snaps and targets. Two, I've heard he's having a good camp. Good enough to make the Texans final roster? Not likely. But he might make another NFL roster.
Kinda what I thought but I’m hoping one of our rookies or new additions at a position that is looking for depth, like Jordan, makes that move.

Last edited:
What about trading for Matt Judon with the Patriots? He is 32 in August compared to Autry at 34. He is 6 ft 3 275 while Autry is 6'5 265.
He does want an extension but we do have the money. He is coming off an injury in 2023 and seem to be clicking with four sacks before the bicep injury.

Last edited:
He is 6 ft 3 275 while Autry is 6'5 265.
Where are you getting the weight on Autry? He's listed at 273 lbs on the Texans web site. 285 lbs on pro football reference.

Autry is a hybrid that can move from 5 to 3 technique. Judon is an edge, be it in even or odd fronts. Judon is a good player, but I doubt he would be happy with the snaps he would receive behind Hunter and Anderson. Not to mention, Judon is looking for an extension and more guaranteed money. Not a good fit here.

He’s a darn rookie. Hasn’t even earned that privilege yet.

Different NFL

Yes it is a different NFL. Especially with QB salaries as insane as they are. And starters in general just don't play in these games anymore. We probably see Stroud out there for 5 or 6 series the entire preseason. None Thursday, 1 or 2 series in game 2, maybe 3 or 4 in game 3, and none again in game 4. Starters get most of their "preseason" in with the joint practices. We've got a couple of those scheduled, and honestly, I'd rather see those on TV over the preseason games.

Back