Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The day mario got lapped...

stingray

Hall of Fame
The Texans did win.. Big deal.. we beat the raiders!!! My grandma and five dudes from the neighborhood could have done the same. But on a serious note, on the day the that vince young beat the Colts (something carr hasn't done) and Reggie bush had four touchdowns, might have been the day that mario was passed and left behind. I'm not gonna start with the comparisons with mario, vince and reggie.. BUT, Vince is turning the Titan franchise around and reggie is starting to show shades of brilliance. All I can say is that it's a marathon and I hope Mario will catch both of them.

OH BOY!!!! Why do we have to go here when all three teams won? At least post this crap when they win and WE lose Mario did way more on the field today than can be recorded and highlighted by BSpn.. im outta here:backsout:

they both won but neither had great performances..they were both decent- exactly like mario(who had a good enough game imo)...

vince threw 2 ints in the red zone but the D and special teams won it..along with vinces 2 good tds and runs..good game by him but he didnt 'win' it

bush wasnt great at all..same problems as usual- he dances way too much.. got 4 tds but they were all nothing special

The comparisons between Vince, Reggie, and Mario are not always going to be on the individual level as they are now. Ultimately, what will be compared is how the franchises did while they were with the team. If Reggie Bush is on the Saints for 10 years, but they are continuous losers for most of those years, Reggie Bush will not be in such favorable light as he is now. Now if in those same 10 years, the Texans go to the playoffs almost every year, Mario will probably be seen more favorably. Same goes for Vince Young. The players individual statistics isn't always going to carry the day. Last time I checked, the NFL is the ultimate team sport.

I hear they are considering Saint Reginald for ROY since he got 4 TD's against the 49er's today.

Wait, that can't be right. The 49er's? That's like bragging about beating the Texans! Jeepers.

So GOD BUSH finally showed up? I thought GOD BUSH would have 2000 yards and 20 TDs by now?

thats the thing-he didnt really show up(id have no problem admitting it if he did)- the saints gameplan gives him so many chances.. yet he still fails often- he cant make space at all and usually gets taken down by the 1st man because he dances, and dances, and dances and then gets tackled

The Texans did win.. Big deal.. we beat the raiders!!! My grandma and five dudes from the neighborhood could have done the same. But on a serious note, on the day the that vince young beat the Colts (something carr hasn't done) and Reggie bush had four touchdowns, might have been the day that mario was passed and left behind. I'm not gonna start with the comparisons with mario, vince and reggie.. BUT, Vince is turning the Titan franchise around and reggie is starting to show shades of brilliance. All I can say is that it's a marathon and I hope Mario will catch both of them.

Too late...............

The fact of the matter is that MW is'nt a RB so you cant compare him to Reggie!!!

MW had a great game, he did'nt score 4TDs but he contributed in a big way.

We won!!!! Thats all that matters to me!!!!

GO TEXANS!!!!:wild: :yahoo: :snobord:

Bush's touchdowns were all inside the ten yard line. They weren't very long touchdowns.

You must not have watched the game - I did. One of those 'ten yard touchdowns' was tha play after Bush took a screen pass his own ten about 80 yards.

Anyway, take heart all - the comparisons will die off over time after a new draft class comes in and muddies the waters.

Not much of a comparison anayway, we got hosed

The recap I heard on the radio about the Titians game was the fieldgoal kicker made a 60 yarder to win the game. If this is right give him the game ball. So when did Vince start kicking fieldgoals for Tenn?

Titan "Tack" Fan;520396 said:
Hahhahhahahahahhahahahaahhaahahhaahahahahahh
ahahahahaha
ahahhahaa
hahahahahahahahahaha
ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neg. Rep for you

i watched most of the game(flicking back and forth) and he didnt do much- saw all the tds- nothing special..did you just look at the stats or did i miss something???

Titan "Tack" Fan;520396 said:
Hahhahhahahahahhahahahaahhaahahhaahahahahahh
ahahahahaha
ahahhahaa
hahahahahahahahahaha
ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neg. Rep for you

U beat the Colts!!!!!!!!!!

Get the he** out of here and celebrate with ur own kind............

Texans win BABY!!!!!!!!!! :superman:

Thats all that matters!!!:marionaner:

You must not have watched the game - I did. One of those 'ten yard touchdowns' was tha play after Bush took a screen pass his own ten about 80 yards.

Anyway, take heart all - the comparisons will die off over time after a new draft class comes in and muddies the waters.

Not much of a comparison anayway, we got hosed

ok i missed that play disregard my other comments

1 Larry Johnson KC 1202 282 4.3 13 45
2 Frank Gore SF 1177 210 5.6 5 61
3 LaDainian Tomlinson SD 1146 229 5.0 21 58
4 Tiki Barber NYG 1080 226 4.8 1 46
5 Chester Taylor MIN 999 248 4.0 5 95
6 Thomas Jones CHI 945 235 4.0 4 29
7 Rudi Johnson CIN 937 246 3.8 8 22
8 Steven Jackson STL 932 218 4.3 6 37
9 Willie Parker PIT 915 210 4.4 9 76
10 Fred Taylor JAC 876 194 4.5 4 32
11 Michael Vick ATL 870 95 9.2 2 51
12 Warrick Dunn ATL 865 208 4.2 4 90
13 Julius Jones DAL 853 213 4.0 3 33
14 Brian Westbrook PHI 839 161 5.2 5 71
15 Jamal Lewis BAL 796 224 3.6 6 27
16 Joseph Addai IND 789 155 5.1 7 21
17 Ronnie Brown MIA 783 202 3.9 5 27
18 Travis Henry TEN 756 172 4.4 5 70
19 Cadillac Williams TB 697 183 3.8 1 38
20 Edgerrin James ARI 695 226 3.1 3 18
21 Ahman Green GB 688 169 4.1 4 70
22 Deuce McAllister NO 654 155 4.2 8 57
23 DeShaun Foster CAR 651 165 3.9 2 43
24 Tatum Bell DEN 649 151 4.3 2 39
25 Willis McGahee BUF 642 166 3.9 3 32
26 Kevin Jones DET 636 153 4.2 6 52
27 Laurence Maroney NE 610 151 4.0 4 41
28 Corey Dillon NE 550 132 4.2 7 50
29 Maurice Morris SEA 529 141 3.8 0 29
30 Clinton Portis WAS 523 127 4.1 7 38

Italics are guys who SPLIT TIME

Underlined are guys who have been injured

BOLD are rookies

Dont see GOD BUSH anywhere in the top 30?

retarded...........

the texans weren't drafting a QB.........vince is null and void.......sorry
The texans were criticized for passing on R. Bush, the same guy who isn't even the best back on his own team..........News flash everybody the Texans for once made the right move......Mario forced how many holding penalties today and QB pressure., why did we win today.......pressure and defense. Vince might turn into a great player in this league...........but guess what.....so will Mario.

Its about filling holes....this year we made a switch on defensive schemes and we were bleeding at DE, we got a good one........not to mention one of the best LBs in the league. Here's another food for thought, we take anybody other than Mario at #1 we're most likely taking DE in round two to fill out this 4-3......kiss DeMeco goodbye. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Does anyone argue that the Texans didn't have their best draft in team history............nnnnoooooo, because the Texans hit on almost all their picks...........just be glad they did and MMMOOOVVVEEE on.

retarded...........

The texans were criticized for passing on R. Bush, the same guy who isn't even the best back on his own team..........News flash everybody the Texans for once made the right move......Mario forced how many holding penalties today and QB pressure., why did we win today.......pressure and defense. Vince might turn into a great player in this league...........but guess what.....so will Mario.

Its about filling holes....this year we made a switch on defensive schemes and we were bleeding at DE, we got a good one........not to mention one of the best LBs in the league. Here's another food for thought, we take anybody other than Mario at #1 we're most likely taking DE in round two to fill out this 4-3......kiss DeMeco goodbye. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Does anyone argue that the Texans didn't have their best draft in team history............nnnnoooooo, because the Texans hit on almost all their picks...........just be glad they did and MMMOOOVVVEEE on.

LOL, good post, some people just forget that at some point we had to go ugly with our pics to fill up the trenches

As someone in the game thread mentioned...if the Texans took Bush or Young they probably would have looked at a DE with the 1st pick in the 2nd round. I'd rather have DeMeco and Mario than Bush or Young and someone else. They'll both be very good, but DeMeco's going to be one of the great ones. Well, in my opinion at least.

(edit) also mentioned above. I really should read the thread before commenting. Oh well.

No we won, b/c the Raiders didn't want to win. 3 missed FGs and too many onforced turnovers to count

Everything you just listed could be said for the texans

the texans didn't want to win, missed FG, too many forced (to say the radiers TOS weren't forced is laughable) turnovers to count....its all a wash

The Texans were stuck in bad Field position all day, especially in the first half, if was the texans DEFENSE that stepped up and made difference.......it was the texans DEFENSE THAT WON US THE GAME.

As someone in the game thread mentioned...if the Texans took Bush or Young they probably would have looked at a DE with the 1st pick in the 2nd round. I'd rather have DeMeco and Mario than Bush or Young and someone else. They'll both be very good, but DeMeco's going to be one of the great ones. Well, in my opinion at least.

(edit) also mentioned above. I really should read the thread before commenting. Oh well.

That was me..... and its true, every team making the switch either drafts a DE high or picks up a stud.

Mario+DeMeco = a great Texans defense and what will be the core of this team

Vince and Bush backers either switch teams or get in line

Mario was not a bad pick.........just different philosophy in schemes and need

So let me get this straight. Bush's TDs don't count because:

1. They were less than 10 yards (all of which required more skill than any RB on the Texans posseses.)
2. They came against the 49ers- (Who would absolutely roll the Texans if they played).

But, Mario's two tackle zero sack performance against the worst team in the NFL is impressive because he forced a few holding calls?

I'm sorry, Bush has been somewhat disappointing but his presence makes everyone on the Saints better because he must be accounted for on every play, kind of like Lundy...er well not so much Wali, but you get the point.

Bush has hit his stride the last few weeks. He's not dancing as much and hitting the hole. This might not go down as disgraceful as taking Bowie over Jordan but it's pretty bad.

No one on the Texans can honestly say that Bush wouldn't have energized this apathetic fan base. You have a QB most of the fans hate and no playmakers save Johnson. And honestly, has Mario really improved the defense? Would the Texans be 2-10 without Mario? I doubt he's made much difference. Bush by my count has been worth at least two Saints wins and countless more when you factor in how he opens up the defense for everyone else.

And unlike Vick who is an illiterate thug unworthy of all the attention, Bush is an intelligent soft-spoken humble guy that has put the Saints on the map. Where are the Texans in the public eye? Exactly.

retarded...........

I'm sorry but the filling holes goes out the window when you have a special player like vince. You could see that he was a special player in the rose bowl last year against usc. You can turn your draft board upside down on draft day. when you have a player like Walter payton, eric dickerson, or john elway, you take them. Vince young is that type of star. Everybody saw it in the Rose Bowl. Everybody in the country saw it.

i watched most of the game(flicking back and forth) and he didnt do much- saw all the tds- nothing special..did you just look at the stats or did i miss something???
I watched the Saints-49ers game myself, and Reggie was truly spectacular and exciting on a few plays, but truth be told he's still the Saints backup running back behind Deuce. Bush had less than 40 yards on 10 carries, while Deuce had way over 100 yards rushing.
Bush's bread and butter position more and more looks like pass receiver.

Hasn't this gotten old yet? Who give a big sh!t about Bush and Young? You are trying to compare a QB, RB, and DE for crying out loud. We drafted Mario, if you don't like it, pull for the Saints or Titans. :wild:

Hasn't this gotten old yet? Who give a big sh!t about Bush and Young? You are trying to compare a QB, RB, and DE for crying out loud. We drafted Mario, if you don't like it, pull for the Saints or Titans. :wild:

I'm not comparing positions!!!!!!! I'M COMPARING THE FIRST THREE PLAYERS IN 2006 NFL DRAFT. Tell the portland trailblazers if it's a big deal when they compare Sam Bowie to Michael Jordan!!!!!!!!!

Here's another food for thought, we take anybody other than Mario at #1 we're most likely taking DE in round two to fill out this 4-3......kiss DeMeco goodbye. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Does anyone argue that the Texans didn't have their best draft in team history............nnnnoooooo, because the Texans hit on almost all their picks...........just be glad they did and MMMOOOVVVEEE on.

Because the "Vince is GOD" crowd is convinced that he is better than Mario and DeMeco combined.

Very sad.

i hate when all people measure defensive linemen on "sacks"... 60% of the time the team is running the ball... Tackles for Loss > sacks. Tackles>sacks. becuase when a d linemen gets a tackle, it is usually for a short gain and that means they are not only getting off a block off of 1 or 2 300 pound linemen, but they are tackling someone who is twice as fast as them. D linemen also tie up the linemen so that the linebackers can make the tackles.

so mario williams could have 60+ tackles for loss this season than the nfl leader, 100+ tackles more than the nfl leader, and tie up the whole offensive line every play, but he only has 4 sacks so he is a bust.

I think people need to take a class and earn a football degree before commenting on football.

I'm sorry but the filling holes goes out the window when you have a special player like vince. You could see that he was a special player in the rose bowl last year against usc. You can turn your draft board upside down on draft day. when you have a player like Walter payton, eric dickerson, or john elway, you take them. Vince young is that type of star. Everybody saw it in the Rose Bowl. Everybody in the country saw it.

I'm sorry everything you just typed goes out the window

comming out in the draft Vince wasn't considered anything close to Payton, Dickerson, or Elway.........thats laughable..........Vince was considered a project at best (a three year project....nothing like the players you mentioned above were mentioned (not even like Vick), even the great Fisher didn't want him.

I love how everybody throws out how good their defense is playing. speaking of the rose bowl and that whole 2005 college year.......yeah I could see how great Vince was playing...I could see how great Matt L. was playing...I could see how the almighty BUSH was playing...and even how great L. White was playing. This whole thread is a joke, watch the games, something is going on with the Titans defense, they are good

Mario+DeMeco is better than Vince..........period....

comming out in the draft Vince wasn't considered anything close to Payton, Dickerson, or Elway.........thats laughable..........Vince was considered a project at best (a three year project....nothing the players you mentioned above were mentioned), even the great Fisher didn't want him.

I love how everybody throws out how good their defense is playing. speaking of the rose bowl and that whole 2005 college year.......yeah I could see how great Vince was playing...I could see how great Matt L. was playing...I could see how the almighty BUSH was playing...and even how great L. White was playing. This whole thread is a joke, watch the games, something is going on with the Titans defense, they are good

And why exactly couldn't the Texans have taken Vince and Ryan? It's not like their defense is any better with Mario. At least they would be set up and the fans would be excited. As it is they have no QB, which is only the most important position in the game.

But hey, what do I know, 4.5 sacks is pretty awesome.

comming out in the draft Vince wasn't considered anything close to Payton, Dickerson, or Elway.........thats laughable..........Vince was considered a project at best (a three year project....nothing the players you mentioned above were mentioned), even the great Fisher didn't want him.

What player is not considered a project when drafted, I think mario was considered more of a project coming in. He was considered as a talented DE with average moves. Don't you recall that he got half of his sacks in one game against Maryland. And vince young won the the rose bowl for ut mostly by himself. So you really are convinced that vince is just going to be an average quarterback. I mean, I don't like the tiatns, but you gotta admit they got a special player playing behind center. Your just trying to convince your texan pride that "he's all right". Dude, wake up and YOU watch the games cause your missing them!!!!!!

Here's my take on the whole thing.

First, if we had drafted Vince, we still might have taken Demeco, depending on who was there. Demeco was the BPA according to our guys.

That said, What Vince did today, and last week doesn't make Mario a bad choice. David is David, and he did today exactly what we should have expected him to do.

So what they are the Raiders..... same as Miami, their offense sucks, but their defense ain't no joke. They are #2 against the pass, which is nothing to sneeze at when they play in the same division as KC, SD, & Denver...... who've all been known for their passing proficiency(except this year).

The Oakland Raiders are one of the few teams in the league that consistently gets pressure with their front 4. I could have done without the fumbles..... but again, why would anyone expect differently from David.

I didn't see any progress in our offense today. Oakland gives up 133 yard/gm running the ball. We got 129...... Our QB didn't make things happen, boo-hoo. that's what we expected when we gave him $8 million. That's why we brought Kubiak in. To fix him.

Far as I know, he's right on schedule.

Here's my take on the whole thing.

First, if we had drafted Vince, we still might have taken Demeco, depending on who was there. Demeco was the BPA according to our guys.

That said, What Vince did today, and last week doesn't make Mario a bad choice. David is David, and he did today exactly what we should have expected him to do.

So what they are the Raiders..... same as Miami, their offense sucks, but their defense ain't no joke. They are #2 against the pass, which is nothing to sneeze at when they play in the same division as KC, SD, & Denver...... who've all been known for their passing proficiency(except this year).

The Oakland Raiders are one of the few teams in the league that consistently gets pressure with their front 4. I could have done without the fumbles..... but again, why would anyone expect differently from David.

I didn't see any progress in our offense today. Oakland gives up 133 yard/gm running the ball. We got 129...... Our QB didn't make things happen, boo-hoo. that's what we expected when we gave him $8 million. That's why we brought Kubiak in. To fix him.

Far as I know, he's right on schedule.

and just think, we tried to trade up for a rb..and if that would have went through we wouldn't have had ryans

Back